To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Pre-season sneaky tips

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Bertie64
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 28640....

Re: Pre-season sneaky tips

Post by Bertie64 »

Nihkasilma wrote:Chelsea lose 4-2 to New York Red Bulls - Defending woeful, Begovic dreadful, Remy & Hazard on target.
Begovic dreadful... A bit harsh?
I didn't see the game but reports suggest there was not a lot more he could have done given the standard of 'defending' going on in front of him.
Agreed he probably won't feature much/at all though, and he isn't really a consideration.

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

Bertie64 wrote:
Nihkasilma wrote:Chelsea lose 4-2 to New York Red Bulls - Defending woeful, Begovic dreadful, Remy & Hazard on target.
I didn't see the game but reports suggest there was not a lot more he could have done given the standard of 'defending' going on in front of him.
Agreed he probably won't feature much/at all though, and he isn't really a consideration.
Mourinho admitted he wasn't looking good...

Sugnid
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Sugnid »

Vsz wrote:
Bertie64 wrote:
Mourinho admitted he wasn't looking good...
The full quote:
‘He was very tired, the same as Courtois. When the goalkeepers are very tired the coordination is low, the agility doesn’t exist, and the speed of reaction doesn’t exist. Courtois made a mistake in the first half with the ball at his feet.

‘Begovic in the second half was not sharp in his reactions but it’s a consequence of being tired from training. I’m so happy to have him and in the next game against PSG he will start. He will play the first half. There’s no problem, it’s just a process.’

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Bertie64 wrote:
Maybe a tad harsh, but he should have read the play better and been quicker to react from the goal that resulted from Terry's weak back pass.

With that being said, expect to see him in a few League Cup games, and that will be all. :lol:

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

Sterling starting as center forward now against Real Madrid. Delph in the line up too

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

Admittedly it's only a pre-season friendly but City's usual defensive frailties are being badly exposed.

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

Yep, but to be fair the CB pairing is made of a 20 y/o and a 16 y/o

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

Yep, hardly likely starters and looking as though they should stick to the u-21s. The marking is non-existent.

An extremely fortuitous penalty may encourage them

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

I don't know how reliable the writer of this article is, but here's a couple of paragraphs on Norwich:

http://www.fplacademy.com/preview-norwich

He picks Lewis Grabban as the "surprise package".
Last edited by Mav3rick on 24 Jul 2015, 23:48, edited 1 time in total.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Just a quick heads up, Van Gaal has said that for the first 60 mins against Barca tomorrow he will play the line up likely to start against Spurs in the opening game. Apart from Schweinsteiger, who is nursing a minor injuries. Could give some much needed clues...

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Notned wrote:Just a quick heads up, Van Gaal has said that for the first 60 mins against Barca tomorrow he will play the line up likely to start against Spurs in the opening game. Apart from Schweinsteiger, who is nursing a minor injuries. Could give some much needed clues...
what do people reckon the line up will be, see who gets closest :)

Red Eye
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Red Eye »

Little reason to believe it will be much different from the team that has started the last two friendlies, with likely exception of De Gea coming in.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Gambit wrote:
Notned wrote:Just a quick heads up, Van Gaal has said that for the first 60 mins against Barca tomorrow he will play the line up likely to start against Spurs in the opening game. Apart from Schweinsteiger, who is nursing a minor injuries. Could give some much needed clues...
what do people reckon the line up will be, see who gets closest :)
My guess would be;

De Gea
Darmian, Smailling, Rojo/Blind, Shaw
Schneiderlin, Herrera, Schweinsteiger (Carrick tomorrow?)
Mata, Rooney, Depay

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Red Eye wrote:Little reason to believe it will be much different from the team that has started the last two friendlies, with likely exception of De Gea coming in.
Except for LVG said it himself. Could well be a smokescreen though, and I'm not sure how reliable it might prove anyway... Schweinsteiger missing out could well alter the midfield drastically. Fun to speculate though!

Red Eye
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Red Eye »

Notned wrote:
Red Eye wrote:Little reason to believe it will be much different from the team that has started the last two friendlies, with likely exception of De Gea coming in.
Except for LVG said it himself.
Did he? :? I watched the press conference (albeit interrupted by kids) and heard him say that basically the intention is to give those who start 60 minutes and from that you can conclude from that those players are more likely to start the season. But I didn't hear him say the starting XI is likely to be much different.

I reckon most of the team that has been the 2nd half XI so far will be on the bench and will therefore only get 30 mins. One interesting one will be to see if Blind stays centre-half.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

I didn't see the press conference myself, but apparently he said it would be as close to full strength as possible for the first 60 minutes, and then some more players getting half an hour. Apparently he responded 'yes' when a reporter then went on to ask if it was likely then that the starting line up would reflect the team against Spurs.

This is recycled information rather than first hand though, so apologies if it's inaccurate.

JLH
FISOhead

Post by JLH »

MartyBhoy7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MartyBhoy7 »

nufctoon wrote:Toronto FC 1-2 Sunderland
65' Defoe (?) 1-1
69' Defoe (Fletcher) 1-2

@SunderlandAFC Defoe's shot took a deflection on the way into the back of the net, nevertheless it's 1-1! #hawaythelads
@SunderlandAFC 69' Defoe grabs a second and #SAFC's second. Great ball from Johnson to Fletcher, who squares it to Defoe to tap home

Sunderland: Pantilimon, Jones (Matthews, 46), van Aanholt, O'Shea (c) (Beadling, 46), Brown, Larsson, Cattermole, Rodwell (Bridcutt, 46), Johnson (Giaccherini, 46), Defoe, Fletcher (Watmore, 85).

Subs not used: Pickford, Mannone, Buckley.

New York Red Bulls 4-2 Chelsea
26' Remy (Oscar) 0-1
75' Hazard (Oscar) 3-2

@ChelseaFC Remy strikes with a clinical finish. He took a good pass from Oscar, bided his time before stroking the ball into the net. 1-0! #CFCTour
@ChelseaFC GOAL! Hazard rifles one into the bottom left corner. A strong response. It's 3-2... #CFCTour

Chelsea first-half Courtois; Ivanovic (c), Cahill, Zouma, Azpilicueta; Fabregas, Mikel; Traore, Oscar, Moses; Remy.
Chelsea second-half Begovic; Aina (Solanke 71) , Zouma, Terry (c) Azpilicueta; Ramires, Matic; Hazard, Loftus-Cheek, Oscar; Diego Costa.

Great to see Defoe on the scoresheet and reaffirms his place in my team at the moment. Not seen him mentioned by anyone else but at £5.5m with a great set of opening fixtures he's going straight in my basket.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

MartyBhoy7 wrote: Great to see Defoe on the scoresheet and reaffirms his place in my team at the moment. Not seen him mentioned by anyone else but at £5.5m with a great set of opening fixtures he's going straight in my basket.
You know what, I'd not even noticed that Defoe was 5.5. Is he a definite starter up front though as the last couple of games last season he was stuck out on the left as I recall.

MartyBhoy7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MartyBhoy7 »

Mav3rick wrote:
MartyBhoy7 wrote: Great to see Defoe on the scoresheet and reaffirms his place in my team at the moment. Not seen him mentioned by anyone else but at £5.5m with a great set of opening fixtures he's going straight in my basket.
You know what, I'd not even noticed that Defoe was 5.5. Is he a definite starter up front though as the last couple of games last season he was stuck out on the left as I recall.
As far as I know and I don't see why he wouldn't do as although Sunderland have a few options up front, he looks the stand-out and seems to have a good relationship with Advocaat.

Currently reading through this thread posted by Notned in another thread :

http://www.footballforums.net/showthrea ... son/page17

He is in the two Sunderland line-ups I've seen so far.

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

Mav3rick wrote:I don't know how reliable the writer of this article is, but here's a couple of paragraphs on Norwich:

http://www.fplacademy.com/preview-norwich

He picks Lewis Grabban has the "surprise package".
Well that's interesting, I didn't notice this guy before. 23 starts, 12 goals 4 assists is interesting for a 4.5m player. I'm guessing van Wolfskinkel coming back puts even more question marks on Grabban's playing time though? Or is the Dutchman on his way out?

Red Eye
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Red Eye »

Notned wrote:I didn't see the press conference myself, but apparently he said it would be as close to full strength as possible for the first 60 minutes, and then some more players getting half an hour. Apparently he responded 'yes' when a reporter then went on to ask if it was likely then that the starting line up would reflect the team against Spurs.
Yes that's right, but he could pick exactly the same starting XI and the above would still be true. And for the most part I think he will.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Bojan played 45 minutes today - anyone tempted (assuming he does ok in the remainder of pre-season)? 4 goals and an assist (and seemingly on pens) during a 12 game run before he got injured.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Just caught the goals from the Arsenal game. Some cracking finishes, and some great football by the looks of things.

Their midfield is becoming increasingly difficult to choose from. Ramsey is currently my gut pick, Cazorla the 'safe' pick, and Walcott the potentially explosive, slightly more expensive, risky pick. Ozil is quickly playing his way into my thinking too.

It's looking increasingly likely that it will be a spur of the moment punt on whichever performs best in the Community shield.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

United XI: De Gea, Darmian, Jones, Blind, Shaw, Carrick, Schneiderlin, Mata, Young, Memphis, Rooney

thekitkatshuffler
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thekitkatshuffler »

JoonaR16
Grumpy Old Man

Post by JoonaR16 »

Depay expected to play under Rooney again?

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Guess so. Although I imagine there could be a fair bit of fluidity between him, Mata and Rooney. Those three look increasingly nailed to start the season, bar any new recruits upsetting the apple cart.

thekitkatshuffler
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thekitkatshuffler »

Where's the Man U v Barca game being televised?

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

thekitkatshuffler wrote:Where's the Man U v Barca game being televised?
Just MUTV, apparently.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”