To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Pre-season sneaky tips

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Re: Pre-season sneaky tips

Post by Mav3rick »

I think milner will take over some set pieces, but we'll see through pre season.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

I think Benteke's arrival might actually help Henderson's assist potential. Henderson loves the kind of longer raking pass which Benteke typically thrives on, and (aside from possibly Milner) looks to be the only Liverpool midfielder who has that in his armoury..

DanCaek
Grumpy Old Man

Post by DanCaek »

Henderson had the potential to break through last summer, and I'd say he has done that now! He seems a little underpriced considering, so I'm expecting to start with him. I'd say there is a good chance we will see further improvement, but the jury will be patiently waiting in case it isn't working out. 7M is a very enticing price.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

DanCaek wrote:Henderson had the potential to break through last summer, and I'd say he has done that now! He seems a little underpriced considering, so I'm expecting to start with him. I'd say there is a good chance we will see further improvement, but the jury will be patiently waiting in case it isn't working out. 7M is a very enticing price.
Agreed. It is a great price for a player who really stepped up to the plate last season and surprised a few, myself included, having previously been harshly judged, largely due to what at the time seemed a very inflated price tag.

That said, I don't currently have space for him in my squad, due to opting for a three premium+6m set up. He is however definitely in my mind for consideration should I need to free up funds for elsewhere, or it look like one of my premiums are at risk of not starting come the season's start...

SuperGrover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by SuperGrover »

quarky wrote:If Benteke goes to Liverpool, is Henderson still worth the money? He is going to take a bonus points hit this season anyway, but he still looked good value due to being on penalties. If Benteke arrives though, I assume he will be on pens, so Henderson loses some potential there..

Is Henderson still a good sneaky tip in that case? I am going to assume a big "yes", but curious as to what others think?
Why would you assume Benteke is on pens? Baotelli has an impeccable record but he wasn't on them. Benteke just 6 for 8 for Villa in EPL so not exactly coming in with a sterling record. No pun intended.

quarky
Treebeard

Post by quarky »

SuperGrover wrote: Why would you assume Benteke is on pens? Baotelli has an impeccable record but he wasn't on them. Benteke just 6 for 8 for Villa in EPL so not exactly coming in with a sterling record. No pun intended.
Good point, I just assumed he would. But you are right, that is just an assumption which may not happen at all.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Watching Liverpool vs Brisbane Lions

Liverpool playing 4-3-3 with Sakho partnering Skrtel. Sakho with two terrible errors in the first 3 minutes could have been costly. Doesn't look great.

Lucas in the holding role with Henderson and Milner playing further forward as CAMs. Both look lively early.

Lallana front left, Ings centre and youngster back from loan on the right (haven't caught his name).

Lallana looks lively, Ings hasn't touched it in first 15 mins.

Clyne RB as expected with another youngster LB.

Will update once I catch the youngsters names.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Liverpool defence looking terrible all round.

Brisbane 1-0 up.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Player at left back for Liverpool is Gomez. Looks good going forward. Already created two chances for the strikers.

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

I thought Ibe was decent. Worth keeping an eye on

deanfar
Treebeard

Post by deanfar »

Berahino played 45 minutes for WBA and scored 1 goal. At 6.5m I really think he's gonna be in my team

Huxley
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Huxley »

Schneiderlin scored in the first half for United v Club America, 1-0 HT.

He looked execellnt and broke up play well, but the real star was Depay. eff me, he could be something special. Brilliant touch, great awareness and lightning fast. Was playing just behind Rooney up front and looked 100% comfortable in the role. Could be fantasy gold.

quarky
Treebeard

Post by quarky »

Thanks Huxley.

"Some neat play from United led to the ball falling to Mata on the right wing and he crossed to the far post where Schneiderlin rose to loop home a header. "

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Looks to have been a lot of pre-season friendly activity today, that could be of note in terms of FPL.

Payet with a brace in the first half of his debut.
Walcott, Cazorla and Ozil in a 3-1 Arsenal win. Two assists for Cazorla and one for Ozil too.
Nasri for City in a 1 nil win.
Schenedierlin on his debut for United, assisted by Mata. Depay playing just off Rooney.

Found this on Southampton and their 3-0 win, too-
Just beat Groningen 3-0, Fonte, Mane and Pelle with the goals. The last 2 in particular were excellent in the build up. Tadic and Mane look red hot, Soares looks like an excellent replacement and possibly even upgrade on Clyne, Clasie won the ball back more than I expected so we might not lose the defensive solidity in DM whilst gaining his range of passing.
Could all be useful information, potentially.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Notned wrote:Looks to have been a lot of pre-season friendly activity today, that could be of note in terms of FPL.
Ozil finding some form would be nice as I've considered him in a few drafts. The write up on Cedric, was that from Saint's own website/Twitter feed?

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Mav3rick wrote:
Notned wrote:Looks to have been a lot of pre-season friendly activity today, that could be of note in terms of FPL.
Ozil finding some form would be nice as I've considered him in a few drafts. The write up on Cedric, was that from Saint's own website/Twitter feed?
No mate. Was from a Saints fan on another forum, so no idea how much weight it holds. It's just all I have to go on until I've seen him myself.

FWIW, I'm still not convinced, and think there are possibly better options at a similar price elsewhere.

JoonaR16
Grumpy Old Man

Post by JoonaR16 »

Notned wrote:Payet with a brace in the first half of his debut.
He also assisted one goal. One of his goals was from free kick. Here's a video of it: https://twitter.com/coral/status/622430921854222336

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

I've done a bit of a cleanup of this thread to remove some of the more 'colourful' posts.

The language used in some of these posts may well be 'acceptable' in the Football Opinions usergroup subforum (which you can subscribe to by going to your user profile, clicking the tab for usergroups, choosing edit memberships), but it is not acceptable in the wider public parts of the forum, especially here in FPL.

Sorry if the odd useful post was lost as collateral damage, but this was regrettably unavoidable.

nufctoon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by nufctoon »

Adelaide United 0 - 2 Liverpool
68' Milner (Ibe) 0-1
88' Ings (Clyne) 0-2

Liverpool FC ‏@LFC
68mins: #LFC are ahead as Milner gets a touch on Ibe's low cross to divert it into the back of the net. 1-0 in Adelaide

Liverpool FC ‏@LFC
88mins: Ings gets his first goal for #LFC by rounding the 'keeper and slotting home after Clyne's pass sent him clean through. 2-0 now

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Saints won 10-0 today, JRod and Pelle hat-tricks. Looks like JRod played the full match too.

SFC_Fan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: 1276, 1804, 2924, 9139, 18292, 22,120.

Post by SFC_Fan »

Mav3rick wrote:Saints won 10-0 today, JRod and Pelle hat-tricks. Looks like JRod played the full match too.

He did play 90 mins. Great confidence and fitness building game. Feyenord on Thursday will be the big test before our Europa game.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

We (Lincoln) just played Leicester in a pre-season friendly at Sincil Bank, in Ranieri's first game in charge. Just got in. Very enjoyable it was too. We more than held our own for the majority of the game, until their fitness and extra quality came through in the end with two late goals to seal it.

Lincoln 1 (Power, pen) Leicester 3 (Mahrez, Kramaric, Vardy)

Leicester first half: Schmeichel, Moore, Huth, Fuchs, De Laet, Drinkwater, Hammond, Barmby, Mahrez, Ulloa, Okazaki. #LinLei

Leicester second half: Schwarzer, Simpson, Wasilewski, Chilwell, Albrighton, Lawrence, King, Schlupp, Nugent, Kramarić, Vardy. #LinLei

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Worth keeping an eye on Drinkwater then as a 4.5 mid. He might be the best 4.5er in the game if he's getting game time.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Aarons two goals and an assist last night. If you have half a million spare (I know, probably not) he would be a decent 5th midfielder option for the bench

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

The Toon Man wrote:Aarons two goals and an assist last night. If you have half a million spare (I know, probably not) he would be a decent 5th midfielder option for the bench
With Cabella out for a number of weeks and Sameobi gone he may well start the team in the first eleven too. If I wasn't going for a base price fifth mid I think I'd struggle to justify not spending the extra 0.5m to go with the best 5.5m though, of which there are a couple of decent shouts. :|

nufctoon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by nufctoon »

Toronto FC 1-2 Sunderland
65' Defoe (?) 1-1
69' Defoe (Fletcher) 1-2

@SunderlandAFC Defoe's shot took a deflection on the way into the back of the net, nevertheless it's 1-1! #hawaythelads
@SunderlandAFC 69' Defoe grabs a second and #SAFC's second. Great ball from Johnson to Fletcher, who squares it to Defoe to tap home

Sunderland: Pantilimon, Jones (Matthews, 46), van Aanholt, O'Shea (c) (Beadling, 46), Brown, Larsson, Cattermole, Rodwell (Bridcutt, 46), Johnson (Giaccherini, 46), Defoe, Fletcher (Watmore, 85).

Subs not used: Pickford, Mannone, Buckley.

New York Red Bulls 4-2 Chelsea
26' Remy (Oscar) 0-1
75' Hazard (Oscar) 3-2

@ChelseaFC Remy strikes with a clinical finish. He took a good pass from Oscar, bided his time before stroking the ball into the net. 1-0! #CFCTour
@ChelseaFC GOAL! Hazard rifles one into the bottom left corner. A strong response. It's 3-2... #CFCTour

Chelsea first-half Courtois; Ivanovic (c), Cahill, Zouma, Azpilicueta; Fabregas, Mikel; Traore, Oscar, Moses; Remy.
Chelsea second-half Begovic; Aina (Solanke 71) , Zouma, Terry (c) Azpilicueta; Ramires, Matic; Hazard, Loftus-Cheek, Oscar; Diego Costa.

PleasedToMichu
FISOhead

Post by PleasedToMichu »

While Chelsea is the subject; What do we think about Oscar this season?

For the first time in several years he's finally got a summer-vacation. Perhaps this is what Oscar really needs to shape up some mean numbers this season? I know José likes Oscar, but surely he's a subject for rotation?

Nihkasilma
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: I'm rubbish at most, some would say I am driven by heart over head..

Post by Nihkasilma »

Chelsea lose 4-2 to New York Red Bulls - Defending woeful, Begovic dreadful, Remy & Hazard on target.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by NoEyeDeer »

PleasedToMichu wrote:While Chelsea is the subject; What do we think about Oscar this season?

For the first time in several years he's finally got a summer-vacation. Perhaps this is what Oscar really needs to shape up some mean numbers this season? I know José likes Oscar, but surely he's a subject for rotation?

Oscar looked like he was still on vacation, along with most of the team.

I watched the match, and only notes to take from it is, Hazard will once again be essential, Costa will score plenty of goals once match fit and sharper (should have had a hat-trick), and Begovic will never play another match. :lol:

I put their defensive shambles down to rustiness, however it is a little concerning that they started a strong second half side and got spanked by a 3rd string Red Bulls side full of kids. :shock:

Only real constant was Hazard, and his goal was all class (not as easy as he made it look).

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by NoEyeDeer »

asm_fanz wrote:I thought Ibe was decent. Worth keeping an eye on

Definitely worth monitoring, as against Adelaide United he very much slotted into the 'Sterling role'. He looked like him out there, and very much played like him, so perhaps another reason why Liverpool were happy to cash in on Sterling given Ibe shows signs of being a like for like replacement.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”