To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Pre-season sneaky tips

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
thekitkatshuffler
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Pre-season sneaky tips

Post by thekitkatshuffler »

Man Utd 1-0 Barcelona - Wayne Rooney
Posted at 8 mins

Rubbish defending. Rubbish from Adriano as he gets under the flight of Ashley Young's corner, Wayne Rooney doesn't have to jump to thump a header into the back of the net.

'GOOOOALLL FOR THE CAPTAIN! WAYYYYNNEE ROOONEEYY!' screams the announcer.

JoonaR16
Grumpy Old Man

Post by JoonaR16 »

I have the stream on the other screen, what I've seen ManU actually looks pretty decent team. I don't know if they could challenge for the title but 2nd position is definitely possible.

JoonaR16
Grumpy Old Man

Post by JoonaR16 »

Depay looks like he's ready for big games.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Did Depay play off Rooney? Get in the box a lot?

thebillfella
FISO Knight
FS Record: 6th FPL 19/20; 1st TFF StartXI 14/15; 8th TFFE11; 18th TFFE12; 1st FISO TFFE11&12; 1st FISO Full Draft 12/13,14/15,19/20,20/21; 1st Block14/15; 1st 5ASChampLge 12/13; 1st TFF Super614/15; 1st Spring17; 1st FISO Div Premx6, Cup, Mirror,Prem&H2H Champ 19/20

Post by thebillfella »

JoonaR16 wrote:I have the stream on the other screen, what I've seen ManU actually looks pretty decent team. I don't know if they could challenge for the title but 2nd position is definitely possible.
Which means they could challenge for the title!

Defence looking far more assured, espeically with Schneiderlin / Carrick providing a very effective screen - nullifying the best team in the world is no easy feat.

Rooney and Depay looked like they have already built up a very good understanding and could be a very powerful partnership this season.

At this moment in time Utd has improved their starting XI vastly over the summer whereas Chelsea has just got a year older - I think it will be a lot closer than people think.

thekitkatshuffler
Grumpy Old Man

JoonaR16 wrote:I have the stream on the other screen, what I've seen ManU actually looks pretty decent team. I don't know if they could challenge for the title but 2nd position is definitely possible.
They'll still have to work on their defence to have a successful season. They might've only conceded 1 last night but Barca also hit the woodwork 4 times and had a perfectly good goal disallowed.

Barca were a long way from nullified, that's for sure. :)

Red Eye
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Red Eye »

Mav3rick wrote:Did Depay play off Rooney? Get in the box a lot?
Yes he played off Rooney - don't recall him having many chances but then Barca had most of the ball. Van Gaal seems pretty set on Memphis playing second striker as he's played there in all three games with no experimentation playing him out wide.

thekitkatshuffler
Grumpy Old Man

Everton's team to play in front of a mammoth 11,000 strong crowd against Hearts this afternoon. :P

Howard, Baines, Stones, Jagielka, Coleman, Barry, McCarthy, Mirallas, Osman, Kone, Lukaku.
Last edited by thekitkatshuffler on 26 Jul 2015, 15:05, edited 1 time in total.

moonlightdribbler
Grumpy Old Man

Post by moonlightdribbler »

thekitkatshuffler wrote:Everton's team to play in front of a mammoth 11,000 strong crowd against Hearts this afternoon. :P

Is that good or bad for a friendly in Scotland?

thekitkatshuffler
Grumpy Old Man

moonlightdribbler wrote:
thekitkatshuffler wrote:Everton's team to play in front of a mammoth 11,000 strong crowd against Hearts this afternoon. :P

Not sure. But the stadium holds 18,000 so it seems like interest was low.

moonlightdribbler
Grumpy Old Man

Post by moonlightdribbler »

thekitkatshuffler wrote:
moonlightdribbler wrote:

I doubt they get anywhere near to selling out competitive home games week to week. How do you know it's 11,000 anyway? You've posted 40 mins before kick off.

thekitkatshuffler
Grumpy Old Man

moonlightdribbler wrote:
thekitkatshuffler wrote:
moonlightdribbler wrote:

I doubt they get anywhere near to selling out competitive home games week to week. How do you know it's 11,000 anyway? You've posted 40 mins before kick off.
Taken from the Liverpool Echo's website. Not that it's any big deal, mate. Can't say I'd fancy watching a pre-season match in Scotland in the pissing down rain. :wink:

thekitkatshuffler
Grumpy Old Man

Coutinho and Can getting their first pre-season run out this afternoon. Starting in the U21 game against Porto B

LFC U21s vs Porto B: Vigouroux, McLaughlin, Paez, Whelan, Hart, Brannagan, Can, Coutinho, Canos, Yesil, Dunn.

Coutinho playing as part of a midfield 3.

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

I can see Coutinho and Lallana both having spells as part of the midfield 3, rather than the attacking 3. Assuming Firminho and Bentecke have both been bought to start, Sturridge due back some time, Henderon and Milner looking sure of a place. Coutinho and Lallana both being that bit more adaptable, I can see one of them having spells further back.

I also fancy a good start for Liverpool. I know the consensus is tough away games, but I can see them taking some draws and wins among their away games. Stoke away, even after being hammered (maybe especially after being hammered )last season is defininitely winnable. Emirates and Old Trafford tough, but they can definitely pick up a draw or two. And Goodison around week 8 could be justabout perfect timing for Martinez being pushed over the edge after a poor start themselves.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

How likely is Charlie Adam to get regular minutes?

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

The Toon Man wrote:How likely is Charlie Adam to get regular minutes?
Big fan of Adam in terms if FPL potential. An eye for the spectacular long ranger, and monopolises penalties and set pieces. Probably quite easily the best £6m option if he's nailed. With the return to fitness of Bojan, and signing of Affelay that looks a big 'if' right now though.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

The Toon Man wrote:How likely is Charlie Adam to get regular minutes?
Stoke is a bit of a minefield right now, we simply don't know who's going to play.

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

Adam is very much a MOTD player, great in the highlights, very slack in the games. That however seems to lend him towards being a good FPL selection

PleasedToMichu
FISOhead

Post by PleasedToMichu »

Joshua King at Bournemouth is worth keeping an eye of.

FPL having him at midfield, but he his a striker. I guess he played on the wing when playing for Blackburn (?), but as a norwegian myself i know him as a striker (always played as a striker in national duties e.g). He also played last pre-season-game as a lone striker (and goaled). Looked over his stats, and to be honest, they really dont look any good - specially since he is a striker. He's got potential tho.

Keep an eye on him, if he's playing regularly (this is also a big questionmark), then his price at 5.0 could well be worth the investment since he's probably will play as a striker. Comparing him to say Wanyama, often used as the budget-midfielder, King could probaly outscore him easy if he gets to play.

His competition on the striker-post is Wilson and Kermorgant (Rantie?) ? Dont know much about them - or Bournemoth for that matter. What formation are Bournemouth known for, lonley striker or two? Would guess King's playing minutes will increase if they play two strikers on a regularly basis.

Compounder
Wideboy

Post by Compounder »

Was looking at Villa s pre season games and noticed that Guzan has not feature at all and with Sherwood dropping him for Given last season maybe he don't fancy him at all,They played Bunn and Steer so far Steer not listed by Fantasy?Any Villa fans out there who getting the nod between the sticks pls.

ctibbits
Dumbledore
FS Record: Won "The Bet" 2014/15

Post by ctibbits »

Compounder wrote:Was looking at Villa s pre season games and noticed that Guzan has not feature at all and with Sherwood dropping him for Given last season maybe he don't fancy him at all,They played Bunn and Steer so far Steer not listed by Fantasy?Any Villa fans out there who getting the nod between the sticks pls.

Guzan has been with the US team for the Gold Cup this entire time. Surely is still Villas best choice.

Compounder
Wideboy

Post by Compounder »

Ahh I see that s why will he be No 1 though....Thanks

ctibbits
Dumbledore
FS Record: Won "The Bet" 2014/15

Post by ctibbits »

Compounder wrote:Ahh I see that s why will he be No 1 though....Thanks
Of course I can't be sure but looking at the options I would think he gets the nod.

JLH
FISOhead

Post by JLH »

PleasedToMichu wrote:Joshua King at Bournemouth is worth keeping an eye of.

FPL having him at midfield, but he his a striker. I guess he played on the wing when playing for Blackburn (?), but as a norwegian myself i know him as a striker (always played as a striker in national duties e.g). He also played last pre-season-game as a lone striker (and goaled). Looked over his stats, and to be honest, they really dont look any good - specially since he is a striker. He's got potential tho.

Keep an eye on him, if he's playing regularly (this is also a big questionmark), then his price at 5.0 could well be worth the investment since he's probably will play as a striker. Comparing him to say Wanyama, often used as the budget-midfielder, King could probaly outscore him easy if he gets to play.

His competition on the striker-post is Wilson and Kermorgant (Rantie?) ? Dont know much about them - or Bournemoth for that matter. What formation are Bournemouth known for, lonley striker or two? Would guess King's playing minutes will increase if they play two strikers on a regularly basis.
Nice to see a fellow countryman :D

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”