To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Confirmed Signings and their FPL Potential

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
GeezLouise
Kevin and Perry

Re: Confirmed Signings and their FPL Potential

Post by GeezLouise »

Finisher1 wrote:
GeezLouise wrote:
Finisher1 wrote:I think Payet and Sakho are too risky. If they prove to be good picks, then I just jump into bandwagon. Again, I'm not afraid of losing their first goals. This game is not about "I knew it first".
Why do you think they are risky?
Because there are more proven alternatives.

Why do you think they are not risky? I agree that Sakho is somewhat proven, but Payet at 7.5 in his first Premier League season is a big gamble.
Don't know much about Payet. Sakho is a good pick imo - good fixtures after GW1, banned for 3 Europa fixtures, scored approx once every two games last season, and obviously kindy priced. Who do you think is better at that price?

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Finisher1 wrote:I think Payet and Sakho are too risky. If they prove to be good picks, then I just jump into bandwagon. Again, I'm not afraid of losing their first goals. This game is not about "I knew it first".
Sakho is only 6.5 and proved that he can score last season. He's hardly more risky than other 6.5 strikers (you can make a case for Berahino, but his fixtures are awful).

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

Sakho looked good when fit last year, and has been scoring pre-season. Currently in my 3rd striker berth, BUT... Still seems to be a lot of speculation about a striker signing for West Ham, and he could be shuffled into a wider position very quickly.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Yes, Sakho is a reasonable pick since good team structure includes one budget forward, because it is likely that one budget forward will become a bandwagon and it is then easy switch Sakho :arrow: bandwagon if that will be the case. However, I would prefer some 5.5 alternative myself, but Sakho is a valid pick anyway.

But I can't justify Payet at 7.5. I don't see any reason to gamble with midfielders because I think there are plenty of proven alternatives in mid-price bracket (well, >8.0m) and I think those proven alternatives are more likely to become bandwagons as well.

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Will improve

Post by Le Red »

Finisher1 wrote:Yes, Sakho is a reasonable pick since good team structure includes one budget forward, because it is likely that one budget forward will become a bandwagon and it is then easy switch Sakho :arrow: bandwagon if that will be the case. However, I would prefer some 5.5 alternative myself, but Sakho is a valid pick anyway.

But I can't justify Payet at 7.5. I don't see any reason to gamble with midfielders because I think there are plenty of proven alternatives in mid-price bracket (well, >8.0m) and I think those proven alternatives are more likely to become bandwagons as well.
The easy to downgrade bit is true, and worth some more thought for me, but I really prefered to spend less on my 3r4d striker (Jerome so far) and more on the midfield. For example, I currently have Hazard + Jerome. I could have Silva + Sakho for the same price, but what if Hazard explodes? I can't make the switch from Silva to Hazard, but I can go the other way around. I think that would be more urgent than jumping on a cheap striker who starts well.

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

Chelsea have agreed to sell Filipe Luis to Atletico Madrid for around £15m. #CFC (Sky Sources)

Makes Azpiliqueta even more appealing at 6.0m.

JoonaR16
Grumpy Old Man

Post by JoonaR16 »

swadd1er wrote:Chelsea have agreed to sell Filipe Luis to Atletico Madrid for around £15m. #CFC (Sky Sources)

I also read it from Twitter (but thought it was a loan). I'm really considering him because I think he would benefit from the new bonus system this year which makes him even better for that price.
Last edited by JoonaR16 on 20 Jul 2015, 19:05, edited 1 time in total.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

swadd1er wrote:Chelsea have agreed to sell Filipe Luis to Atletico Madrid for around £15m. #CFC (Sky Sources)

Surely they will buy another full back as a replacement though - I can't see them going into a full 4-competition 60-odd game season with just two full backs and youth players to cover. :?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Stemania wrote:Surely they will buy another full back as a replacement though - I can't see them going into a full 4-competition 60-odd game season with just two full backs and youth players to cover. :?
I expect that they will buy some new cover or other, my hope is that the cover they do sign is either not as highly rated as Luis or is more versatile and able to play across the back line. It seemed odd last year that Azpil got rotated/rested while Ivan did not. I'm hoping that the rests will be at least even this year and would like to think that luis going makes that more likely.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

JoonaR16 wrote:

I also read it from Twitter (but thought it was a loan). I'm really considering him because I think he would benefit from the new bonus system this year which makes him even better for that price.
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the new bonus point system is expected to benefit centre backs.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

It's expected to favour centre backs in 1-0 wins, they might sneak a BP instead of a midfielder with those of dribbles

But you can have as many blocks as you like but in a 2 or 3 nil win the goals and assists will still clean up

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Billy Bongo wrote:It's expected to favour centre backs in 1-0 wins, they might sneak a BP instead of a midfielder with those of dribbles

But you can have as many blocks as you like but in a 2 or 3 nil win the goals and assists will still clean up
All right. So Azpilicueta is not expected to be same kind of ridiculous bonus point machine that he was last season, when he was always selected as the man of the match by passing two yard passes?

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Will improve

Post by Le Red »

Finisher1 wrote:
Billy Bongo wrote:It's expected to favour centre backs in 1-0 wins, they might sneak a BP instead of a midfielder with those of dribbles

All right. So Azpilicueta is not expected to be same kind of ridiculous bonus point machine that he was last season, when he was always selected as the man of the match by passing two yard passes?
As far as I'm concerned, he also had a big CBI (clearances, blocks and interceptions) number, which are rated highly in the new bonus system.

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

Van Gaal stated that Darmian, the Italy right-back bought for £12.7m from Torino, will start as back-up. “We have brought Darmian for the second position behind [Antonio] Valencia and now already because of that injury [Paddy] McNair has to play there,” he said.
http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... gs-balance

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

I don't know if I understand that quote... by "behind" Valenica, does he mean at right back with Valencia playing on the right of midfield? Is Darmian or Valencia "the injury" because that seems to imply to me that one them will play right midfield, which would obviously be an OOP opportunity.

EDIT - ok so it seems that Valencia is the injury, so McNair is coming into the team for him. So... that implies that Darmian was always playing, and that Valencia is seen as a midfielder, doesn't it?
Last edited by Mav3rick on 21 Jul 2015, 15:36, edited 1 time in total.

JoonaR16
Grumpy Old Man

Post by JoonaR16 »

Mav3rick wrote:I don't know if I understand that quote... by "behind" Valenica, does he mean at right back with Valencia playing on the right of midfield? Is Darmian or Valencia "the injury" because that seems to imply to me that one them will play right midfield, which would obviously be an OOP opportunity.
I think he just means 2nd position in pecking order, just behind Valencia (his back-up).

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

JoonaR16 wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:I don't know if I understand that quote... by "behind" Valenica, does he mean at right back with Valencia playing on the right of midfield? Is Darmian or Valencia "the injury" because that seems to imply to me that one them will play right midfield, which would obviously be an OOP opportunity.
I think he just means 2nd position in pecking order, just behind Valencia (his back-up).
I'm not sure it does. I don't get it - if Darmian is the backup to Valencia, and Valencia is injured, why does McNair have to "play there" :?

If he meant McNair takes over the back up role then that's a weird way of phrasing it.

I think it implies that LvG is thinking of Valencia as a right sided mid. Shame he's injured then or we might see in their tour match tomorrow morning.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Doesn't he just mean that Darmian is backup to Valencia at RB, but McNair had to fill in at RB in the recent friendly in the second half because Valencia is injured? Essentially, he's just saying ''we needed another RB at the club so we bought Darmian'' as far as I can tell.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Exactly what Stemania said, that's how I read it first time anyway.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Anyone know much about Sunderland new boy Lens?

Sunderland have a nice opening few fixtures so could be a decent shout at 6.5mil, as it sounds like he'll be the attacking focal point.

Will he play as a striker?

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

NoEyeDeer wrote:Anyone know much about Sunderland new boy Lens?

Sunderland have a nice opening few fixtures so could be a decent shout at 6.5mil, as it sounds like he'll be the attacking focal point.

Will he play as a striker?
http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2 ... main-lens/ - take a look here buddy.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

NoEyeDeer wrote:Admittedly I know very little about Payet, but he seems to be getting big wraps
Must have gone for a cheeky Nando's.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Mitrovic at SJP could be an interesting one, a goalscorer but also a psycho :lol:

I'd guess he will be priced in the 6.5-7.5 range?

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

These players are CKs until proven otherwise

snakzz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by snakzz »

The Toon Man wrote:Mitrovic at SJP could be an interesting one, a goalscorer but also a psycho :lol:

If he is 6.5 he is straight into my team.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

snakzz wrote:
The Toon Man wrote:Mitrovic at SJP could be an interesting one, a goalscorer but also a psycho :lol:

I'm not absolutely certain he'll start ahead of Cisse straight away tbh - he's only 20. I also have a sneaky feeling we might also be trying to swap Austin for Cisse in the squad (with Cisse going to the middle east/Turkey) and then I think Austin would get the nod.

snakzz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by snakzz »

Stemania wrote:
snakzz wrote:

I'm not absolutely certain he'll start ahead of Cisse straight away tbh - he's only 20. I also have a sneaky feeling we might also be trying to swap Austin for Cisse in the squad (with Cisse going to the middle east/Turkey) and then I think Austin would get the nod.
I hope Cisse will be sold and Austin bought.

Cisse was utter garbage at the end of last season and I wanna thank him for what he has done, but we dont need him anymore.

Lets take an chance on the "kids". Mitrovic, Perez and the old man Austin of he joins.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

I'm not sure Stemania, Roma and Porto were really close to getting Mitrovic I'm not sure he would have gone to Newcastle had he not been given some assurances of game time?

He would start ahead of Cisse, Austin not sure.

Snakzz, I'f im honest I've only seen him play twice (Arsenal & Dortmund) and he looked a real handful. Otherwise I'm not that aware of his playing style/FPL potential. Can you shed any light?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

The Toon Man wrote:I'm not sure Stemania, Roma and Porto were really close to getting Mitrovic I'm not sure he would have gone to Newcastle had he not been given some assurances of game time?
I think this is more to do with his potential than anything else. I agree he's favourite to start over Cisse, but it's not certain for me.

I wouldn't like to predict most of our starting eleven at the moment tbh, not quite sure how De Jong, Wijnaldum, Colback, Tiote and Sissoko all fit in as none of them would be too comfortable wide left - I can't quite see Colback & Wijnaldum being a double pivot in a 4231 being too secure (though that seems the most likely) or Colback being the lone DM in a 433 (with Tiote missing out or being sold). :?

In other Newcastle news, Chancel Mbemba (the man with four birthdays!) joins Newcastle in the next few days too according to him. He's predominantly a CB (who can play fullback) so adds big doubt to Steven Taylor's 4m starting chances.

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

snakzz wrote:

Looks like he's straight into your team then. 6.5 it is.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”