To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Confirmed Signings and their FPL Potential

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Re: Confirmed Signings and their FPL Potential

Post by Vsz »

Mav3rick wrote:
deanfar wrote:I don't think I can have a 7m Punt in my midfield instead of someone like Henderson.. Probably gonna give him a couple of weeks to see how he plays
Yeah he's at a fairly well populated price point with potentially better options. A wait and see for now id think unless he was your only gamble.
Wow, I thought Schwein would be 8ish.

JoonaR16
Grumpy Old Man

Post by JoonaR16 »

7m would be amazing if he starts regularly. Maybe some small period, if other players from the team have some injuries and they have nice fixtures during that time?

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

JoonaR16 wrote:7m would be amazing if he starts regularly. Maybe some small period, if other players from the team have some injuries and they have nice fixtures during that time?
I think he'll start 30+ Prem games so long as he's injury free. LvG wouldn't have paid 12mil ish for 30 year old that wasn't going to start.

JoonaR16
Grumpy Old Man

Post by JoonaR16 »

Vsz wrote:
JoonaR16 wrote:7m would be amazing if he starts regularly. Maybe some small period, if other players from the team have some injuries and they have nice fixtures during that time?
I think he'll start 30+ Prem games so long as he's injury free. LvG wouldn't have paid 12mil ish for 30 year old that wasn't going to start.
But is he fit to play every week in EPL? I think LvG plays him in important games and maybe rest in easier because they have wide midfield, so some rotation is probably best for them. He plays many games but will be also benched every now and then, which doesn't make him very good pick FPL wise.

Schweinsteiger has winning mentality, he knows what is winning. There aren't many that kind of players in England at the moment. That is one reason why LvG bought him, he's able to help the team even when he's not on the pitch. With Carrick he is also great tutor for younger midfielders (and why not players from other positions).

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Wijnaldum could be a very interesting option. His game is ideally suited for FPL. So is Siem De Jong's for that matter, so I'll be keeping a close eye on Newcastle. Both very much a case of wait and see for now though, as they have a difficult run of games to start, and you never know how team's will be affected by new management.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2 ... erweireld/

At the risk of going back over old ground, this is the FFS report on Alderweireld. A very good summary of the pro's and con's of his inclusion. Obviously nobody knows which way it will go yet, but it explains a lot of the reasons I am probably going to take the risk. Far better than I have attempted to do elsewhere, anyway.

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

Looks like Wayne Hennessey joined WBA, we could have a starting 4.0m goalkeeper with that move
http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... e-transfer

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Re: RE: Re: Confirmed Signings and their FPL Potential

Post by liquidfootball2 »

asm_fanz wrote:Looks like Wayne Hennessey joined WBA, we could have a starting 4.0m goalkeeper with that move
Play City and Chelsea in the first three fixtures, but obviously good chance for save points and cheap if wildcarding early, which most probably will.

I presume with this speculation that Foster is out for some time - I haven't checked.

bcfc1903
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: william hill champion 2010, 2012. all-inclusive league winner 2012, second x-league 2012.

Re: RE: Re: Confirmed Signings and their FPL Potential

Post by bcfc1903 »

liquidfootball2 wrote:
asm_fanz wrote:Looks like Wayne Hennessey joined WBA, we could have a starting 4.0m goalkeeper with that move
Play City and Chelsea in the first three fixtures, but obviously good chance for save points and cheap if wildcarding early, which most probably will.

I presume with this speculation that Foster is out for some time - I haven't checked.
Foster is on the sidelines after damaging cruciate knee ligaments but is recovering well, although he may not be fit for the start of the season. http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wes ... -recovery/?

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

October at the earliest

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

It would be great to have a 4.0 starter, but why are we assuming that Myhill won't play?

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

If I'm not mistaken, Myhill has always been Hennessey's back up in the Welsh national team until he retired from international football. That would make sense for Hennessey to be ahead of Myhill once again, and as it is stated in the article he probably wants 1st team football and might have promised just that. Pre season will tell us I guess

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

That would be great news. I'd probably pick Hennessey and some other 4.0, even with the rough fixtures, depending on what I can do with the extra 0.5 in the front 7.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

I still like the keeper and his understudy option; reduces the element of risk and ensures you always have a playing keeper.

This very much raises the conundrum of Schmeichel/Hamer versus Myhill/Hennessey though. Only thing that puts me off the latter is your are almost certainly committing to a transfer at some point down the line.

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

It feels wrong to spend more for your backup keeper than your starting keeper though :D

f_dzilla
Wideboy
FS Record: Hah!

Post by f_dzilla »

4.0 keeper + Tony Pulis. It doesn't get any easier than that.

gizmondo
Treebeard

Post by gizmondo »

Notned wrote:I still like the keeper and his understudy option; reduces the element of risk and ensures you always have a playing keeper.

This very much raises the conundrum of Schmeichel/Hamer versus Myhill/Hennessey though. Only thing that puts me off the latter is your are almost certainly committing to a transfer at some point down the line.
Why not Schmeichel/Hennessey?

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

gizmondo wrote:
Notned wrote:I still like the keeper and his understudy option; reduces the element of risk and ensures you always have a playing keeper.

Why not Schmeichel/Hennessey?
I don't like to rotate, generally. Two from the same team ensures always having a playing keeper, and avoids the frustration of choosing the wrong option and benching points.

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Will improve

Post by Le Red »

It reminds me of the season I went with a Begovic/Jaask combo. Both were on top of the keeper scoring charts but I lost most of their points by rotation... Nevermore.

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

Unfortunately from a FPL point of view, it looks like Downing is set to move back to Middlesbrough

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Interesting read on Southampton new boy Jordy Clasie

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/tra ... _HP_RI_1_3

Whilst he may not be an FPL option himself, the article does suggest he is an able Schneiderlin replacement, so could be promising for their defensive options once again if he can fill the void left by Schneiderlin's departure.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Rannyhairy is supposedly buying Carlton Cole. I'm struggling for words .

SFC_Fan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: 1276, 1804, 2924, 9139, 18292, 22,120.

Post by SFC_Fan »

NoEyeDeer wrote:Interesting read on Southampton new boy Jordy Clasie

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/tra ... _HP_RI_1_3

Whilst he may not be an FPL option himself, the article does suggest he is an able Schneiderlin replacement, so could be promising for their defensive options once again if he can fill the void left by Schneiderlin's departure.

I think we will play a slightly different style next season. Last season Wanyama and Schneiderlin both sat back and got forward and worked as a pivot. I think this season Wanyama will stay back all the time and be the shield and Classie will get a bit more attacking license to be our play maker as well as getting involved with defending as and when.

Exciting times for Southampton again, we've been told to expect two more solid signings.

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

Not yet confirmed but..

BREAKING: Liverpool will trigger Christian Benteke' £32.5m release clause today. #LFC (@JamesPearceEcho)

Surely he'll be first choice until Sturridge is available?

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

swadd1er wrote:Not yet confirmed but..

BREAKING: Liverpool will trigger Christian Benteke' £32.5m release clause today. #LFC (@JamesPearceEcho)

Surely he'll be first choice until Sturridge is available?

I read the same thing about MU, so I wouldn't buy into any gossip until we get an official statement.

Ezequiel
Treebeard

Post by Ezequiel »

Both Benteke and Ings going to Liverpool decreases their value. Double-edged sword. This sucks

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

If Austin signs for us (Newcastle) he'll be straight into my team.

(Betting suspended)

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

This would give Liverpool:

Balotelli, Borini, Origi, Lambert, Ings, Sturridge, AND Benteke (if we believe it). I'm not sure that makes Benteke such an appealing option.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

Just thinking if or when Benteke goes, Agbonlahor could be a very cheap third striker option allowing two big strikers just until an early wildcard after gwk4.

He may have more of a chance if he's the focus of their attacks, and three of their first four fixtures (bar Utd) aren't that bad from a point of view of attacking points even if they lose them.
Last edited by liquidfootball2 on 16 Jul 2015, 17:20, edited 4 times in total.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

As I've said elsewhere, Benteke staying at a Villa side where he is the main man in a team playing a style tailor made to suit his strengths would have been my preference.

In terms of Liverpool vs United, I'm not sure which rates higher for FPL purposes. At Liverpool he will undoubtedly be first choice, at least while Sturridge is out, but United's style of play would arguably suit him more. I guess I would go Villa>Liverpool>United, in terms of his fantasy football prospects. The hope (and probably my personal opinion) is that we are being slightly harsh in our judgements of him as just a lump who thrives on crosses, and that he is actually more intelligent and adaptable than we give him credit for.

A scoring record which equates to roughly 1 in 2 for a recently poor side (albeit one that suits him perfectly in style) definitely isn't to be sniffed at, so here's hoping he fits in well, as with Coutinho and Firminio behind him there are bound to be chances...

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”