To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Confirmed Signings and their FPL Potential

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
TheTon
FISO Knight

Re: Confirmed Signings and their FPL Potential

Post by TheTon »

loosecannon85 wrote:Evans to WBA confirmed http://www.wba.co.uk/news/article/wba-a ... 56440.aspx

Anyone have any idea when he is likely to feature?
The Lescott -> Aston Villa deal is still in progress. I was a little surprised to see him play at Stoke but I'm hearing it's still likely. I imagine the Evans deal will help move this along and that Evans will slot straight in.

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

Evans could become of interest. At 4.8 he would be the cheapest nailed West Brom defender.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

gooberman wrote:Evans could become of interest. At 4.8 he would be the cheapest nailed West Brom defender.
agreed, Pulis has said he will be a big player for them and that he needed a club where he will be a regular starter.

think he'll be first choice and prove to be a good fantasy pick at 4.8m

RidleyMTB
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RidleyMTB »

If he can stay fit. He has been injured quite a lot over the last couple of years.

wizardoffire
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2013/2014 FISO Hotshots league

Post by wizardoffire »

KDB at 10 mill...

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Borini (at 5.4m in FPL) finally makes the move he never wanted to make. Sunderland get their man at last, decent FPL price too, though will likely play wide with Defoe keeping th central berth you'd have thought.

JoonaR16
Grumpy Old Man

Post by JoonaR16 »

wizardoffire wrote:KDB at 10 mill...
I think that isn't bad pricing at all. He has potential to score big (10 goals and 21 assists in 34 Bundesliga games, 5+5 in 11 Europa league games). He can score also against big clubs, in 4-1 win against Bayern Munchen last season he got 2 goals and one assist.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

JoonaR16 wrote:
I think that isn't bad pricing at all. He has potential to score big (10 goals and 21 assists in 34 Bundesliga games, 5+5 in 11 Europa league games). He can score also against big clubs, in 4-1 win against Bayern Munchen last season he got 2 goals and one assist.
Up there with Silva though? That's some impressively high pricing I think.

It's not as if there's even a discount for taking the risk, unless FPL towers are assuming that Silva was on track for 10.5.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Mav3rick wrote:
JoonaR16 wrote:

It's not as if there's even a discount for taking the risk, unless FPL towers are assuming that Silva was on track for 10.5.
We saw the same thing with Otamendi being more than Kompany. If they had known how well City would start the season, Silva would have been priced at least 10.5.

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Will improve

Post by Le Red »

I thought he'd come at £9.5, but £10.0 is fair. Great potential, I'd be jumping in if I didn't have Silva already. In any case, it's a simple transfer if needed.

JoonaR16
Grumpy Old Man

Post by JoonaR16 »

Mav3rick wrote:
JoonaR16 wrote:

Yeah, I agree Silva is better pick at the moment but I think that he could justify that 10m price tag later this season and maybe even be a good value. Same happened with Pedro, 9,5m was very high price tag, in my opinion, but now it doesn't look bad at all.

It all depends where he plays and how much he attacks. Maybe it's not good thing that City has so many good attacking players because lots of goals and assists will be shared and won't go to same persons every time. But one thing is sure though, with that assist ability I think he's at least great value for Aguero. :D

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Will improve

Post by Le Red »

asm_fanz wrote:Been talking with a Marseille fan friend of mine yesterday, according to him there's not much to expect from him and he's not good enough for the PL (yet). I guess there's at least one good thing he'll bring to the PL
Tag it NSFW next time please :shock: :o

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

more than I thought, think it's a bit much to be honest, more than Sterling, Toure, and the same start point as Silva who has a proven record. With Pedro coming in at 9.5 (who is almost a forward player) I think 10m is too high.

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

Le Red wrote:
asm_fanz wrote:Been talking with a Marseille fan friend of mine yesterday, according to him there's not much to expect from him and he's not good enough for the PL (yet). I guess there's at least one good thing he'll bring to the PL
Tag it NSFW next time please :shock: :o
Will do :D

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

10m for a Chelea reject. Way too much. Should have been no more than 8m.

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

There are so many good options at City it's going to be hard to justify transferring him in at that price.

It's a shame they priced him so highly, 9.0 would have made things very interesting.

Gabs
Wideboy
FS Record: FPL: 12/13 (3041), 14/15 (8152), 15/16 (419), 16/17 (1062), 18/19 (3859) 19/20 (7894)

Post by Gabs »

Pedro aside, not many tempting signings so far FPL wise.

Son: Labelled a forward.
De Bruyne: Too expensive considering other options in same team and uncertainty to secure a spot.
Martial: LVG.
Borini: Advocaat.

For fpl owners, I think this year's transfer deadline is of the players whose starting spot is cemented by not moving and seeing their competition depart.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

No rush to bring in De Bruyne in FPL. He is price protected about 10 (?) days. So many fantasy option in City that KDB is 100% wait and see.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Evans at West Brom will be a good pick, and if Berahino went to Spurs he could do very well, but yes I agree generally, lot's of money spent but as yet nobody jumping out as a must have

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Gambit wrote:Evans at West Brom will be a good pick, and if Berahino went to Spurs he could do very well, but yes I agree generally, lot's of money spent but as yet nobody jumping out as a must have
Yes, most of the new players are generally wait and see. Very hard to justify bringing in players like Balotelli, Di Maria, Pedro, De Bruyne etc until they score first time.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Some prices announced by FPL via twitter:

Mbokani (NOR) FWD 6.0
Song (WHU) MID 5.0
Mori (EVE) DEF 5.5

"To be added to #FPL at the end of the day…"

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Glenn Murray to Bournemouth confirmed. I think that might be bad news for Wilson in actual fact as it probably takes away his penalty duty. :(

redcat1
Grumpy Old Man

Post by redcat1 »

Stemania wrote:Glenn Murray to Bournemouth confirmed. I think that might be bad news for Wilson in actual fact as it probably takes away his penalty duty. :(
Murray may take over penalties but I feel this will help Wilson having someone playing up top with him.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Hopefully. Let's also hope Gradel isn't out for too long, as he seems to have been the one to really make the difference in the last couple of weeks.

Apache
Treebeard

Post by Apache »

Van Dijk to Southampton confirmed. Can't say i know too much about him. Could take yoshida's spot.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

RedDevilRyan wrote:Van Dijk to Southampton confirmed. Can't say i know too much about him. Could take yoshida's spot.
Been a lot of talk of him this transfer window, seems quite a sought after player. Most prominent has been the Southampton link, obviously with good reason, but I've also seen fans of other teams tout him as a player they should be looking to sign. I must admit in the limited amount of times I've seen him play, I haven't really been able to see what all the fuss is about.

Apache
Treebeard

Post by Apache »

Notned wrote:
RedDevilRyan wrote:Van Dijk to Southampton confirmed. Can't say i know too much about him. Could take yoshida's spot.
Been a lot of talk of him this transfer window, seems quite a sought after player. Most prominent has been the Southampton link, obviously with good reason, but I've also seen fans of other teams tout him as a player they should be looking to sign. I must admit in the limited amount of times I've seen him play, I haven't really been able to see what all the fuss is about.
Every time i have seen him play in the champions league he has always been exposed very easily being forced into rash challenges. Don't see how it's an improvement myself.

redcat1
Grumpy Old Man

Post by redcat1 »

Stemania wrote:Hopefully. Let's also hope Gradel isn't out for too long, as he seems to have been the one to really make the difference in the last couple of weeks.
Read rumours of 6 months out :(

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

redcat1 wrote: Read rumours of 6 months out :(
Wow, and both LBs injured too. Horrible luck. :(

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”