To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Confirmed Signings and their FPL Potential

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
maradonash
Red & Blue Braces

Re: Confirmed Signings and their FPL Potential

Post by maradonash »

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

Been talking with a Marseille fan friend of mine yesterday, according to him there's not much to expect from him and he's not good enough for the PL (yet). I guess there's at least one good thing he'll bring to the PL

snakzz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by snakzz »

asm_fanz wrote:Been talking with a Marseille fan friend of mine yesterday, according to him there's not much to expect from him and he's not good enough for the PL (yet). I guess there's at least one good thing he'll bring to the PL
Yup, its waste of money...

Specially when what we REALLY need is another CB and LB...

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Finisher1 wrote:
From4corners wrote: Haha, I have seen Thauvin play various times and although he has talent, he hasn't been consistent enough (still relatively young though). He could be a bit too lightweight for this competition I think. Now with Payet and Thauvin in the PL, I am waiting to welcome Alessandrini to the PL as well!
From4corners how much time do you spend for watching football?

It seems that no matter which player, which team or which league is in question, you always appear here saying "I have seen him playing various times" :lol:
Well, that isn't entirely true but I am familiar with many foreign players currently in the PL, not the least due to many of them having played in the Dutch eredivisie and me having lived there. I was also out of the running for quite some time due to a nasty virus which allowed me to watch many games from various competitions, the last year at least (awesome Saturday evenings I can tell you :P). But I have been following European football and watching many games when I can anyways so yeah, there I go ;)

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

In that case, are Memphis and Wijnaldum set for a great FPL season?

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

The Toon Man wrote:In that case, are Memphis and Wijnaldum set for a great FPL season?
Depay is made for FPL, hence he's in my team since the start. Not so sure about Wijnaldum to be fair. Overvalued in my opion. I can't believe PSG was after him but hey ho, silly season started again after the WC :lol: He has played really strong at times, has to be said, and has started the season well from what I have read and seen. One goal so far, he will score more but don't expect many assists from him.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Inler to Leicester
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33990985
He could make his debut against Tottenham on Saturday, if his registration is confirmed in time.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Otamendi is 6.5m :o

I see he scored six goals in La Liga last season, but still, I think that price is pretty high?

LAMPS27
Red & Blue Braces

Post by LAMPS27 »

asm_fanz wrote:Been talking with a Marseille fan friend of mine yesterday, according to him there's not much to expect from him and he's not good enough for the PL (yet). I guess there's at least one good thing he'll bring to the PL
Did you get his view on Ayew and Payet?

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

LAMPS27 wrote:
Did you get his view on Ayew and Payet?
Yep, he said Ayew was a very consistent player, more than Payet that can go missing in some games / stretch of games. According to him Payet has a better potential for big returns as he can be quite the player at times.

LAMPS27
Red & Blue Braces

Post by LAMPS27 »

asm_fanz wrote:Did you get his view on Ayew and Payet?
Yep, he said Ayew was a very consistent player, more than Payet that can go missing in some games / stretch of games. According to him Payet has a better potential for big returns as he can be quite the player at times.[/quote]

Thank you

From what I saw of them in Ligue 1, Ayew would be my pick of the two on ability but Payet has the set pieces which draws me closer to him!

jipouille
Wideboy

Post by jipouille »

I've picked Payet. you should. When he starts a run of good games, he is then amazing for a few months. It will be about dropping him when he starts to look bad. Believe me he was our star player in Saint Etienne and I kept an eye on him since. Ayew is good but will depend mostly on his team's form (I do not see him as someone who is able to lift his team like Payet can when he performs).

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

Thanks jipouille, good information and confirms what asm's (Marseille fan) friend said.

nufctoon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by nufctoon »

Pedro (CHE) MID 9.5
Otamendi (MCI) DEF 6.5
Thauvin (NEW) MID 6.5
Diamanti (WAT) MID 5.5
Inler (LEI) MID 5.0

Thauvin could be a bargain but the fixtures are still looking awful... Straight into my watchlist and could transfer him in after GW8.

genevapics
Treebeard

Post by genevapics »

nufctoon wrote:Pedro (CHE) MID 9.5
Otamendi (MCI) DEF 6.5
Thauvin (NEW) MID 6.5
Diamanti (WAT) MID 5.5
Inler (LEI) MID 5.0

Thauvin could be a bargain but the fixtures are still looking awful... Straight into my watchlist and could transfer him in after GW8.
Will the addition of Thauvin be much of a benefit for Wijnaldum?

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

I'm still looking forward to someone explain me why Otamendi is 6.5m.

Kompany 6.2m, Ivanovic 7.0m and (if nailed) Terry 6.9m anytime, any day, ahead of Otamendi, right?

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

Had Man City conceeded in the first two games, Otamendi would be 6.0m. Looks like FPL towers are knee jerking as much as we are :D

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Pedro at 9.5 when compared to the prices of the other midfielders does look a touch overpriced. I'd expected 9.0 to be inline with Walcott, Sterling and Fabregas in that range a bit under Silva but a bit above the other 8.5.

Representing a 2.0 discount on Hazard though he could easily be worthy of a place in our team come GW11ish when Chelsea have a good run and we're all looking to sell our midfielders for Chelsea players, especially if Costa is around for captaincy.

Otamendi at 6.5, I guess they could only price him at 6.0 or 6.5 and with his goal scoring record I guess the premium was to be expected. I don't know that he's going to be popular at that price, but certainly you'd not pick Terry or Ivanovic above him on current information. Mind you, if Kolarov is playing 30+ games then he's likely to be the pick of the city defenders in any case.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Mav3rick wrote: Mind you, if Kolarov is playing 30+ games then he's likely to be the pick of the city defenders in any case.
But how likely is it that Kolarov will play 30+ games?

I think his spot in starting XI is constantly threatened by Clichy.

TriXaM
FISOhead

Post by TriXaM »

Evans to WBA agreed and should be finalized this weekend, could eventually replace Lescott/Olsson in starting lineup.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34090952

Spurs sign Son Heung-min, a new striker, for 22m. Interesting to see how he fits in the team; potential formation change if he plays up front with Kane?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34069477

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

TriXaM wrote: Spurs sign Son Heung-min, a new striker, for 22m. Interesting to see how he fits in the team; potential formation change if he plays up front with Kane?

Pretty sure he's one of those attacking players who's also comfortable on the wing, so whilst he'll provide some cover for Kane my guess is he'll simply slot in the team in place of Lamela (in the attacking mid three alongside Eriksen and Chadli). :D

In at 8m btw.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

The Evans transfer is attractive from an FPL perspective, especially as he's now dropped to 4.8 and will probably be the WBA CRD.

loosecannon85
Grumpy Old Man

Post by loosecannon85 »

Very interesting indeed. I am on my wildcard - I was debating whether to get Olsson or not - found this thread and funny enough I have exactly 0.3 spare. I think I am going to gamble and get Evans.

Its a gamble because it hasn't been confirmed yet and he wont be match fit but I wouldn't want to play him for a few weeks anyway.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

loosecannon85 wrote:Very interesting indeed. I am on my wildcard - I was debating whether to get Olsson or not - found this thread and funny enough I have exactly 0.3 spare. I think I am going to gamble and get Evans.

Its a gamble because it hasn't been confirmed yet and he wont be match fit but I wouldn't want to play him for a few weeks anyway.
I'm making the same move. I look forward to being your brother in arms. :D

JoonaR16
Grumpy Old Man

Post by JoonaR16 »

Stemania wrote:
TriXaM wrote: Spurs sign Son Heung-min, a new striker, for 22m. Interesting to see how he fits in the team; potential formation change if he plays up front with Kane?

Pretty sure he's one of those attacking players who's also comfortable on the wing, so whilst he'll provide some cover for Kane my guess is he'll simply slot in the team in place of Lamela (in the attacking mid three alongside Eriksen and Chadli). :D

In at 8m btw.
I don't know if this is useful information but I've heard he's natural two-footed player. So I think he could play on both wings and also up front.

Monsignor
FISOhead

Post by Monsignor »

TriXaM wrote:Spurs sign Son Heung-min, a new striker, for 22m. Interesting to see how he fits in the team; potential formation change if he plays up front with Kane?

I love him as a player, can't wait to see how he fits in at Tottenham. And yes, as others stated, he' comfortable playing on either wing as well.

loosecannon85
Grumpy Old Man

Post by loosecannon85 »

Evans to WBA confirmed http://www.wba.co.uk/news/article/wba-a ... 56440.aspx

Anyone have any idea when he is likely to feature?

loosecannon85
Grumpy Old Man

Post by loosecannon85 »

Stemania wrote:
loosecannon85 wrote:Very interesting indeed. I am on my wildcard - I was debating whether to get Olsson or not - found this thread and funny enough I have exactly 0.3 spare. I think I am going to gamble and get Evans.

I'm making the same move. I look forward to being your brother in arms. :D
Brothers in Arms indeed! Our teams identical expect for one player :shock:

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

loosecannon85 wrote: Brothers in Arms indeed! Our teams identical expect for one player :shock:
You've done very well to earn an extra 0.5m on my value in the first three weeks, kudos. Who needs Cathcart when you have Targett (for one week only)!!? :lol:

loosecannon85
Grumpy Old Man

Post by loosecannon85 »

Stemania wrote:
loosecannon85 wrote: Brothers in Arms indeed! Our teams identical expect for one player :shock:
You've done very well to earn an extra 0.5m on my value in the first three weeks, kudos. Who needs Cathcart when you have Targett (for one week only)!!? :lol:
The extra 0.5 mainly came from getting Mahrez at 5.5!

First team prospects look good for Evans http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... Pulis.html

Tony Pulis said ‘He needs to play. He needs to be at a football club where he is going to be a regular and a mainstay. He hasn’t had that yet.’

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”