To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Confirmed Signings and their FPL Potential

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Notned
FISO Knight

Confirmed Signings and their FPL Potential

Post by Notned »

I know it's very early doors, but as there is little else going on I thought it may be worth having a place dedicated to discussion of new signings, and specifically whether they may be keeping one eye on in fantasy football terms..

The one interesting me currently is Christian Fuchs (great name, prime for the pun-ny thread titles!) at Leicester. By all accounts he gets forward well, likes a shot from distance, and hits a wicked free kick.. with Leicester's attacking style and propensity to keep unexpected CS here and there, could well be worth a look. Does it put an end to our main man Mr Schlupp as a prospect though?

The two big name signings so far, I guess it comes largely down to price. It's hard to know how quickly Depay will adapt, and exactly what role Milner will fulfil in the Liverpool side. Atsu could be intriguing at Bournemouth if he is base price and assured of starts, but again that is up in the air.

Any thoughts on any others thus far?

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Re: Confirmed Signings and their FPL Potential

Post by OIEIAO »

You didn't explicitly say but Fuchs is a defender (left back) and sounds promising so thanks for the tip. Let's hope he's in the £5m bracket or less. In fact most Leicester defenders appeared to start at 4 or 4.5m last season only Huth was £5m.
I reckon Schlupp will be classed as a midfielder next season anyway, he wasn't just a defender who got forward, he was usually playing further forward.

Milner will interest me, he scored pretty well given sporadic appearance time at Man City. I doubt he'll be £5.4m again but he could be a Henderson-like midfield option if he's cheapish and gets regular game time.

No others I'm aware of yet but will keep my eyes peeled.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

There's also the question of long term injured players returning to fitness.

I'll certainly be keeping tabs on Jay Rodriguez through the pre-season.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Yes, one of the most enjoyable topics of the season! Glad to see those doors have opened already! :D

Fuchs is definitely one to consider putting in your team. Probably the designated player in this Leicester team for taking free kicks as well.

Regarding Depay, who I think will do fantasticly well in the PL, although not sure how he will fare at the start of this season, I laughed out loud when I came across this on RedCafe:
I, for one, can't wait to post this gif every time he plays for us.

:lol:
Mav3rick wrote:There's also the question of long term injured players returning to fitness.

I'll certainly be keeping tabs on Jay Rodriguez through the pre-season.
Good shout.

HQ Manoeuvre
FISOhead
FS Record: 1566 FPL 2011-12

Post by HQ Manoeuvre »

Three current Austrian international defenders for the list. Wimmer, Prodl, Fuchs.
Not the first time we've seen Leicester's Fuchs in the news recently. :roll:

Graham Dorrans has signed for Norwich after a loan period, his career has never really taken off though after some promise.

West Ham and Watford have signed new keepers, presumably back up.

Stoke have signed a young Danish keeper. Is this Begovic on the move and Butland firmly number 1, or a replacement for the outgoing Sorensen?

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

Good thread. Milner could be a decent option at Liverpool depending on his price. Can see him coming in at around 6.5. Could be on set pieces too. Although I'm not sure that regular starts are guaranteed with Ibe, Lallana, Coutinho, Henderson, Sterling, Markovic, Allen and Lucas also in the mix for the midfield slots.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Ings to Liverpool subject to medical (so not quite confirmed, I guess).

Will be interesting to see what price he comes in at - anything under £8m and I'd probably be interested. It feels like one of those signings that could easily go either way - he could easily end up with 15-20 goals, but then again he could do a Lambert.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Can we amend the first two words of this thread title please (or delete most of the posts)

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

murf wrote:Can we amend the first two words of this thread title please (or delete most of the posts)
I know these threads usually just disintegrate into hypotheticals surrounding all the names on the Sky Sports News rumour feed, but so far the players discussed are all actually confirmed I think. Announced on a club's website as agreed subject to a medical counts for me in the Ings case.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

I've heard Arsenal are interested in signing Matthias Sindelar.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Notned wrote:The one interesting me currently is Christian Fuchs (great name, prime for the pun-ny thread titles!) at Leicester.
not sure if you're aware, but it's even moreso if you consider that in German Fuchs = Fox !!! :o (Foxes = Füchse)

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

MoSe wrote:
Notned wrote:The one interesting me currently is Christian Fuchs (great name, prime for the pun-ny thread titles!) at Leicester.
not sure if you're aware, but it's even moreso if you consider that in German Fuchs = Fox !!! :o (Foxes = Füchse)
Christian Fuchs Foxes?

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Stemania wrote:
MoSe wrote:
Christian Fuchs Foxes?

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Stemania wrote:
murf wrote:Can we amend the first two words of this thread title please (or delete most of the posts)
I know these threads usually just disintegrate into hypotheticals surrounding all the names on the Sky Sports News rumour feed, but so far the players discussed are all actually confirmed I think. Announced on a club's website as agreed subject to a medical counts for me in the Ings case.
Didn't realise I was so far into my post-season removal from the world of (fantasy)footie that I could miss Liverpool announcing they had agreed a deal with Milner(!) On the plus side it also meant I didn't realise England were playing yesterday until after the game so saved myself from that tedium...........

(back in t'office now so passing time over a coffee and FISO)

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

Deluded Brendan @DeludedBrendan less than 3 hrs ago Now I have a new strike force assembled Milner, Ings, Sterling and Sturridge (MISS)

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

liquidfootball2 wrote:Deluded Brendan @DeludedBrendan less than 3 hrs ago Now I have a new strike force assembled Milner, Ings, Sterling and Sturridge (MISS)
Sterling will be gone so I think he needs a strikeforce in line with Liverpool's chances of improving in the near future: Sturridge Lallana Ings Milner

gooberman
Dumbledore

Post by gooberman »

Liverpool signing more dross. Ings is a completely average buy just like Lambert. Sad that this is what Liverpool have become now.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

11 goals and 4 FPL assists in 35 appearances this season, in a relegated team that scored 28 total goals, and 21 league goals and Championship player of the season 13/14. That seems like quite a good record.

Ings is a different type of player to Lambert, at a much different stage in his career.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

gooberman wrote:Liverpool signing more dross. Ings is a completely average buy just like Lambert. Sad that this is what Liverpool have become now.
I can see why you're possibly not excited by him, but he's definitely an improvement on Lambert as a squad player. It probably ruins him as an fpl possibility next season (like Lambert) as I can't see Rodgers suddenly playing two strikers every game with Sturridge/Milner/Coutinho/Lallana/Sterling(or his replacement)/other new signings etc all to squeeze in. If I'm honest I think it's probably a bad move for him full stop as he needs to be playing every week at this stage of his career if possible imo. :?

SuperGrover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by SuperGrover »

gooberman wrote:Good thread. Milner could be a decent option at Liverpool depending on his price. Can see him coming in at around 6.5. Could be on set pieces too. Although I'm not sure that regular starts are guaranteed with Ibe, Lallana, Coutinho, Henderson, Sterling, Markovic, Allen and Lucas also in the mix for the midfield slots.
I can't see him not getting regular starts. He's should slot into a central midfield spot. Question is does Liverpool try Henderson and Milner in the engine room? That could potentially work if both by in to defensive balance, but Liverpool were much better with Lucas there last season.

I would guess Coutinho, Henderson and Milner are locked in to start with the rest up for rotation (I am presuming Sterling leaves).

SuperGrover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by SuperGrover »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:11 goals and 4 FPL assists in 35 appearances this season, in a relegated team that scored 28 total goals, and 21 league goals and Championship player of the season 13/14. That seems like quite a good record.

Ings is a different type of player to Lambert, at a much different stage in his career.
I agree with the second point, but Lambert's numbers were better than Ings so not sure i would be quoting them to prove your argument!

He's only 22 so you expect him to improve. Surely Liverpool will sign another striker though? Sturridge cannot be counted on and Ings as #1 is not enough o challenge for top 4.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

I was just saying I don't think it's dire by any means, I think in the context of Ings' career they are good numbers.

Considering Lambert's 13/14 Southampton, scored almost double Ings' 14/15 Burnley team, I do not see Ings coming off particularly worse in the season before joining Liverpool. Lambert might have some great numbers in L1 and Championship, but I'm sure he was also the main penalty taker at Southampton, spent his prime in those divisions, and is probably more suited to those leagues.

I'll be honest though, I really like Ings, and have never raved about Lambert.

gooberman
Dumbledore

Post by gooberman »

Stemania wrote:
gooberman wrote:Liverpool signing more dross. Ings is a completely average buy just like Lambert. Sad that this is what Liverpool have become now.
I can see why you're possibly not excited by him, but he's definitely an improvement on Lambert as a squad player. It probably ruins him as an fpl possibility next season (like Lambert) as I can't see Rodgers suddenly playing two strikers every game with Sturridge/Milner/Coutinho/Lallana/Sterling(or his replacement)/other new signings etc all to squeeze in. If I'm honest I think it's probably a bad move for him full stop as he needs to be playing every week at this stage of his career if possible imo. :?
Bearing in mind Sturridge is constantly injured he probably will play most weeks which is what is concerning me. He's a decent player but not good enough to be one of Liverpool's main striking options. Just hope that somehow we can attract a big name striker to the club before the season starts.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

I think he did extremely well at Burnley but there he was a big fish in a small pond (by comparison with the reds).

There must be a danger now that he's not the big name player that he'll have a similar impact to Clint Dempsey. I know they're not identical and Clint was older, had more premiership experience and was more of a midfielder than striker, but he did score a lot of goals at Fulham the season before he signed, was very much the cottagers star man and had every prospect of doing well at Anfield.

Robbie Keane, a boyhood reds fan, as well as being a boyhood Spurs, Celtic and whichever MLS team he plays for now - fan, was another one where the step up seemed to be just too much.

I actually think Ings could do well and as a squad man for the reds it's a risk worth taking, but its unlikely i'll be rushing to put him in my fpl team.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

I can barely even recall Clint Dempsey's impact for Liverpool. ....

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

I think Ings will play every game, even with Sturridge fit

Lallana is the one who will lose game time imo

Nihkasilma
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: I'm rubbish at most, some would say I am driven by heart over head..

Post by Nihkasilma »

Ings will most definitely be back up striker. Brendan will resort to his fabled 4-5-1 and play Sturridge. Won't look at Ings unless he is at 6.0 (which isn't going to happen) I think one to watch is the returning Chicharito...

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

I disagree. I think Ings will play every game

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Not a player signing, but could be relevant to the subject of the thread... does the appointment of Billic bring West Ham defenders onto the radar?

Also, agreed on Hernandez, Nihkasilma. Could be a very good (and possibly underpriced) option, perhaps at United but even more so should he move elsewhere..

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

To early to tell

Brom Leicester 1 x Chelsea Stones plus a 4m chimp, will be popular I'd imagine. Not sure I can fit in a 5m Hammer defender

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”