To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Confirmed Signings and their FPL Potential

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
GobiLux
FISOhead

Re: Confirmed Signings and their FPL Potential

Post by GobiLux »

James Chester just moved to WestBrom.
Interesting to see what is price tag will be.

https://twitter.com/WBAFCofficial/statu ... 1445297152

Carbone
Treebeard

Post by Carbone »

Darn, who's certain starter in WBA defence than? Lescott?

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

Looks like they spent 8m£ on Chester, you'd think he'll be a starter. Maybe Chester-McAuley as CBs and Lescott as LB

Rich2086
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 09/10--2235--49,014

Post by Rich2086 »

asm_fanz wrote:Looks like they spent 8m£ on Chester, you'd think he'll be a starter. Maybe Chester-McAuley as CBs and Lescott as LB

8m wow theres so much money kicking around the premier league. Its even got the foreign leagues worried. In France they would concede they'd lose players to the top teams in the prem but now the worry for these teams is that its not Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd and Arsenal poaching their best players but now its the likes of West Ham and Swansea.

wookieman
Kevin and Perry

Post by wookieman »

Chester I'm sure will be a certain starter for WBA. A right-footer in a predominantly left-footed defensive unit and a brilliant CB as well. Pulis has signed a gem and I'm gutted he's left us.

Cheers

Rich2086 wrote:
asm_fanz wrote:Looks like they spent 8m£ on Chester, you'd think he'll be a starter. Maybe Chester-McAuley as CBs and Lescott as LB

8m wow theres so much money kicking around the premier league. Its even got the foreign leagues worried. In France they would concede they'd lose players to the top teams in the prem but now the worry for these teams is that its not Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd and Arsenal poaching their best players but now its the likes of West Ham and Swansea.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Chester and Lescott centre back, Dawson as right back I would imagine.
Last edited by Notned on 29 Jul 2015, 16:57, edited 1 time in total.

RidleyMTB
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RidleyMTB »

Intrigued by Brady at Norwich. One of the best crossers of the ball I have seen and could link up with Jerome nicely.

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL Spring 16 Winner 2010-11. Murfs F1 Predictions 2012 Winner. Pick Quick 2012-13 Winner. SP4s Predictions League A & Champions League

Post by Moist von Lipwig »

Caulker signs for Southampton on a one year loan. Who does that push out? Yoshida?

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

Yep Yoshida surely. Caulker will probably come in at 5.0m

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Will improve

Post by Le Red »

asm_fanz wrote:Yep Yoshida surely. Caulker will probably come in at 5.0m
I'm pretty positive it will be 5.0. Will he be a better pick than Cedric?

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Will improve

Post by Le Red »

Notned wrote:Chester and Lescott centre beck, Dawson as right back I would imagine.
Damn, some fine defenders in WBA. They could get a lot of clean sheets this season. I'm only avoiding right now because of fixtures.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Le Red wrote:
Notned wrote:Chester and Lescott centre beck, Dawson as right back I would imagine.
Damn, some fine defenders in WBA. They could get a lot of clean sheets this season. I'm only avoiding right now because of fixtures.
don't do it to yourself, start with Myhill :wink:

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

Le Red wrote:
asm_fanz wrote:Yep Yoshida surely. Caulker will probably come in at 5.0m
I'm pretty positive it will be 5.0. Will he be a better pick than Cedric?
Time will tell but he might be, he scored 5 goals two seasons ago with Cardiff in the PL so he's a decent threat from set pieces (1,91m)

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Le Red wrote:
Assuming that Chester comes in at 5.0 I agree and, this is why I don't like the idea of traditional defensive rotation this year. I think you can start with a PvA type, then move to WBA around GW4-11 and then on to Janmaat or who ever looks good after that! With no 4.0s to include in rotation strategies, you can't save money to make up the deficit in points (for me anyway) that a promoted defender, or a less attacking option at Sunderland, etc is likely to score.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Stemania wrote: In other Newcastle news, Chancel Mbemba (the man with four birthdays!) joins Newcastle in the next few days too according to him. He's predominantly a CB (who can play fullback) so adds big doubt to Steven Taylor's 4m starting chances.
Mbemba is finally confirmed at Newcastle after some inevitable paperwork issues. Apparently he won't have a VISA in time for our final friendly so may not start the season in the team. I'd expect him to be added to our eleven when fit so let's not all get too excited if Steven Taylor starts GW1. 8-)

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Stemania wrote: In other Newcastle news, Chancel Mbemba (the man with four birthdays!) joins Newcastle in the next few days too according to him.
Stemania wrote:Mbemba is finally confirmed at Newcastle after some inevitable paperwork issues.
As he shares an agent with Yaya, Mario Balotelli has been booked to light the candles and do the fire safety for his 84th birthday in August.

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

If I pick this guy I hope he does as well as he did for me last year in the CL fantasy, he scored a brace in some game and his price was something 3.5 or 4.0 :D

nufctoon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by nufctoon »

asm_fanz wrote:Caulker will probably come in at 5.0m
Caulker 5.5m. What a joke.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Stemania wrote: Mbemba is finally confirmed at Newcastle after some inevitable paperwork issues. Apparently he won't have a VISA in time for our final friendly so may not start the season in the team. I'd expect him to be added to our eleven when fit so let's not all get too excited if Steven Taylor starts GW1. 8-)
The breaking is that Mbemba has just about managed to get the necessary clearance to play in tomorrow's friendly.

SFC_Fan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: 1276, 1804, 2924, 9139, 18292, 22,120.

Post by SFC_Fan »

nufctoon wrote:
He won't be first choice, were after another centre back.

Cedric is the southampton defender of choice, he looks even more attacking than Clyne.

JoonaR16
Grumpy Old Man

Post by JoonaR16 »

SFC_Fan wrote:
nufctoon wrote:
He won't be first choice, were after another centre back.

Cedric is the southampton defender of choice, he looks even more attacking than Clyne.
I agree.

I've been playing Fifa15 and here's link to Cedric's and Clyne's last season cards:
http://www.futhead.com/15/players/570/cedric/
http://www.futhead.com/15/players/17568 ... iel-clyne/

As you can see, Cedric was actually considered better player last season by EA.

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

BREAKING: Sky Sources: Chelsea close to agreeing deal with Augsburg for left-back Baba Rahman.

Don't think he'll threaten Azpiliqueta's place in the first team, however he offers backup they needed.

Plz3n
Kevin and Perry

Post by Plz3n »

Xherdan Shaqiri just signed for Stoke

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33847333

deanfar
Treebeard

Post by deanfar »

Manchester United is close to signing Pedro who just Scored the winner in the Super Cup between Barca and Sevilla

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Thauvin signed for Newcastle today for around 12m (with Cabella going the other way on loan). Speedy and creative winger and should soon spell the end for Obertan in the team.

He's only 22 and apparently a bit temperamental - in fact, he's been described as a young Ben Arfa by some, should be enough to convince f4c in any case. :P

Ironfist
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL 09/10 - 1824th

Post by Ironfist »

Stemania wrote:Thauvin signed for Newcastle today for around 12m (with Cabella going the other way on loan). Speedy and creative winger and should soon spell the end for Obertan in the team.

He's only 22 and apparently a bit temperamental - in fact, he's been described as a young Ben Arfa by some, should be enough to convince f4c in any case. :P
Doesn't take much these days... the tart :wink:

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Mi scusi? :lol:
Stemania wrote:Thauvin signed for Newcastle today for around 12m (with Cabella going the other way on loan). Speedy and creative winger and should soon spell the end for Obertan in the team.

Haha, I have seen Thauvin play various times and although he has talent, he hasn't been consistent enough (still relatively young though). He could be a bit too lightweight for this competition I think. Now with Payet and Thauvin in the PL, I am waiting to welcome Alessandrini to the PL as well!

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

From4corners wrote: Haha, I have seen Thauvin play various times and although he has talent, he hasn't been consistent enough (still relatively young though). He could be a bit too lightweight for this competition I think. Now with Payet and Thauvin in the PL, I am waiting to welcome Alessandrini to the PL as well!
From4corners how much time do you spend for watching football?

It seems that no matter which player, which team or which league is in question, you always appear here saying "I have seen him playing various times" :lol:
Last edited by Finisher1 on 20 Aug 2015, 08:28, edited 1 time in total.

Corroded Soul
Treebeard

Post by Corroded Soul »

Stemania wrote: He's only 22 and apparently a bit temperamental
:lol: should fit in well with Mitrovic.

matmutte
FISOhead

Post by matmutte »

Thauvin is a kind of maverick and i''m not sure that's what Newcastle need at the moment. He clashed with some of his teammates in Marseille (mostly with Payet though and on the pitch) so yeah a few arguments with Mitrovic could be on their way.
On footballing terms he can show glances of genius, a great left foot but far from being consistent. The comparison with Ben Arfa makes sense.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”