To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Last day ambitions?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Last day ambitions?

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

How was your season, and what are you optimistically hoping for, or at least hoping you avoid?

I probably would have been happy with my final ranking at the start of the season, a good finish looking at most histories in the first time I've actively managed my team throughout the season, but having been higher it's perhaps a little disappointing.

Have an outside chance of breaking the top 5k with a high scoring week, hope to avoid dropping out the top 10k. :lol:

arv
Treebeard

Re: Last day ambitions?

Post by arv »

Have a very decent chance of finishing in the top 10k, which Im satisfied with, considering this is my first ever fantasy season.

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:Have an outside chance of breaking the top 5k with a high scoring week, hope to avoid dropping out the top 10k. :lol:
Exactly the same. I have had a rather monotonous season, in terms of my rank. Been inside the top 10k since GW8 - never dropped out, but never broke the top 1k either.

But yeah - a top 5k finish would be amazing. Or at least a green arrow.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

I was in the top 1k for a good while, but dropped out of it last week. I'd love to get back in but I doubt it will happen so I guess a realistic aim is beating my previous best rank of circa 1200.

In reality though I've slid badly the last 4/5 gameweeks so I think a red arrow is more likely than a green one. It would be nice to end on a high but I think it's likely I will drop further and might end up around the 2k mark, which is a rank I would have taken if offered at the start of the season.

Oatfedgoat
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 573rd in FPL 09/10. 176pts in DGW22 of 09/10.

Post by Oatfedgoat »

Would like to end up in the top 5k.

Most importantly, I want to come top of "UK Construction League" for the 3rd year running. THere's a guy from Zaha Hadid architects 20 points ahead of me in the lead currently. If only he spent more time designing vagina shaped football stadiums and less on FF I'd have it in the bag by now!

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Mav3rick, why would you take 2k ranking at the start of the season? It is a very good ranking for sure, but I thought every serious manager at least dreams of the title at the start of the season.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

I haven't given up hope of winning the whole damn thing yet! I'm only 322 points and 23,563 places off the top. Stranger things have happened!* :D

*(I am fully aware that they haven't.)

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

Currently just inside the top 10k and want to stay there. Best ever rank is 6k but probably need a ton this week to get there.

um09a2k
Grumpy Old Man

Post by um09a2k »

I'm 8k atm, hoping to stay within 10k. But taken a punt on Benteke (c) to maybe push 5k if I get a high scoring week and Aguero flops.

GingerMonkey
FISOhead

Post by GingerMonkey »

MPTree wrote:
Carlos Kickaball wrote:Have an outside chance of breaking the top 5k with a high scoring week, hope to avoid dropping out the top 10k. :lol:
Exactly the same. I have had a rather monotonous season, in terms of my rank. Been inside the top 10k since GW8 - never dropped out, but never broke the top 1k either.

But yeah - a top 5k finish would be amazing. Or at least a green arrow.
Seems a common issue. It's become extremely tedious seeing almost the same rank every week (I even managed exactly the same rank on GW20 and GW26!).

Before the season started, I was targeting top 1k. A few weeks ago, after a season where nothing much really went my way but I didn't disgrace myself either, I'd resigned myself to a finish around 3k since I'd been hovering around that since the first quarter. That even looks unlikely now without a bit of luck. If I'm out of the top 5k by the end of today, the laptop may go flying out of the window.

sunnO)))jihai
FISOhead

Post by sunnO)))jihai »

It would be nice to crash the 10k on the very last game week, but I'll be pleased with my season even if I don't.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”