To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Risky 'holds'

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Notned
FISO Knight

Risky 'holds'

Post by Notned »

I'm sure this has probably been touched on elsewhere, but thought it just about worthy of its own thread...

With all of the unpredictability of the final week, and the looming cloud of rotation hovering above many, I feel that the biggest punts this week could come from the players we keep, rather than the players we buy in.

For me that means Cazorla, Ramsey, Giroud. A decent chance any one of them could get rested, but as it is such a lottery over who is most likely I think I'll be holding all three in the hope they prove to be a shrewd differential should they start..

Anyone got any others to add to the list? I guess Hazard definitely ticks this box for those reluctant to sell..

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Re: Risky 'holds'

Post by Sutter Kane »

Yeah Giroud, Ospina, Sanchez and Hazard and I guess any of them coming on for a 1 point cameo would be hideous. It's why I'm thinking of changing Bruce to a Leicester defender to make sure I have 15 first teamers. So boring though.

KTBFFH
FISOhead
FS Record: 636th (2014/15)

Post by KTBFFH »

It is a tough week for this exact reason. I'm glad not to be stuck with Hazard but I do have Sanchez, Cazorla and Giroud who are all at risk. I cannot decide which is the more likely to be rested, and the only straight swaps I can think of are Sanchez :arrow: Yaya or Giroud :arrow: Vardy/Ulloa. Unappealing and impossible to predict.

Oatfedgoat
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 573rd in FPL 09/10. 176pts in DGW22 of 09/10.

Post by Oatfedgoat »

Similar here.

I'm not a Hazard owner thankfully.
With Hazard and Fabregas not playing, I'm looking at gambling on Costa.
This means getting rid of two risky holds of Giroud and Sanchez.

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

Oatfedgoat wrote:Similar here.

This post seems to suggest that you think the absence of Fabregas and Hazard increases Costa's points potential. I would say the opposite. With those players out plus Oscar, Costa will have non of the players around him who were regularly supplying him with goals earlier in the season.

Red Eye
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Red Eye »

I agree - Chelsea attack doesn't appeal to me without Fabregas, Oscar and Hazard.

Jagduracell
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd TFF World Cup 2014, 8th in TFF Fantasy Lions and a few TFF and TFC weekly wins

Post by Jagduracell »

Red Eye wrote:I agree - Chelsea attack doesn't appeal to me without Fabregas, Oscar and Hazard.
Particularly against Sunderland's defence at the moment (although they may take their foot off the gas now they are safe)

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

gooberman wrote:
Oatfedgoat wrote:Similar here.

This post seems to suggest that you think the absence of Fabregas and Hazard increases Costa's points potential. I would say the opposite. With those players out plus Oscar, Costa will have non of the players around him who were regularly supplying him with goals earlier in the season.
Fair point. His supply line may be reduced, but it probably increases his chances of being involved should they create anything. Plus possibly puts him on penalties.

For what it's worth, I have shipped Hazard and brought in Costa, whilst holding Caz, Ramsey and Giroud as per my initial post. Risk it for a biscuit...

Arseshavin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Arseshavin »

Hazard isn't a no-no, he is a doubt.

For those saying he comes on for a few minutes to have played every game, this is ridiculous. If he is in pain then he doesn't make the subs bench or the first team. Anyone thinking otherwise is clearly a bit bonkers!

Agreed with Arsenal though, cameos are quite likely.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

So you say Hazard will certainly play either 0 minutes or 60+ minutes?

I disagree. I think there is a relevant risk for cameo.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”