To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FINAL GAME WEEK!!

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
splimsplam
Red & Blue Braces

FINAL GAME WEEK!!

Post by splimsplam »

The final game week is upon us and for me its all to play for!

I have won my mini league 4 years on the trot and up until April I was well on course to make it 5 in a row. A few bad decisions from me left my team with too many passengers and my nearest rival started getting closer. He finally caught me up and 3 game weeks ago he was 63 points ahead and the title was slipping away. I made the great decision of bringing Aguero in and made the most of the last DGW with the sunderland keeper and defender. Now going into the final week we are neck and neck! I managed to haul back all those lost points! The only thing that separates us is that I have one fewer transfer than him so in the event of a tie I would win the league.

Its the closest its ever been. Its now about margins. Our sides have similarities but his is better in defence and mine is better in attack. I need to pick the right captain and use my 1 transfer carefully.

I dont think for its time to take a gamble. I going Hazard captain and transfer in is going to be Terry.

Nervy times! Anyone else have a close mini league? What are your thoughts?

Terry Henry
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: See me after class!

Re: FINAL GAME WEEK!!

Post by Terry Henry »

You'd be brave to captain Hazard.

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

For me, last nights result was a disaster in terms of my money league. 0-0 was the one scoreline I didn't want and it has left me 4 points adrift of 3rd and 13 behind 2nd.

It is highly unlikely that I will gain the necessary points in the final week to get back to 2nd with our teams the way they are with largely similar players. I'm anticipating those rivals getting Silva in for the last game which would block off my only key player that they don't currently have.

So basically I'm going to have to gamble. The obvious gamble would seem to be Aguero out for Costa who would then be captain. Costa seems to be the only player with potential to score big who other people don't have and who can also be brought in without a hit.

The other transfer punts could be Sanchez out for Toure, Giroud out for Benteke or Ozil for Walcott who I feel will play.

splimsplam
Red & Blue Braces

Post by splimsplam »

Wo! I love this site.

I had no idea Hazard is doubt for Sunday! That changes everything.

I'll probably sell Hazard for Gerrard. Potentially a gamble but I think Stevie G will want to finish on a high.

I will probably captain Aguero now. My rival does not have Aguero and with the Hazard news he will be forced to replace Hazard so little chance of him getting Aguero in.

Toure is a good shout a transfer in....

ctibbits
Dumbledore
FS Record: Won "The Bet" 2014/15

Post by ctibbits »

gooberman wrote:For me, last nights result was a disaster in terms of my money league. 0-0 was the one scoreline I didn't want and it has left me 4 points adrift of 3rd and 13 behind 2nd.

It is highly unlikely that I will gain the necessary points in the final week to get back to 2nd with our teams the way they are with largely similar players. I'm anticipating those rivals getting Silva in for the last game which would block off my only key player that they don't currently have.

So basically I'm going to have to gamble. The obvious gamble would seem to be Aguero out for Costa who would then be captain. Costa seems to be the only player with potential to score big who other people don't have and who can also be brought in without a hit.

The other transfer punts could be Sanchez out for Toure, Giroud out for Benteke or Ozil for Walcott who I feel will play.
I agree with you on the Walcott move and think you should do Sanchez :arrow: Toure also. Arsenal have looked leggy and with previous comments it would not be a surprise at all if Sanchez got the day off. Seems like safe punts that could completely turn your ML around.

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

I'm a bit annoyed that the deadline on Sunday is 11:30, there's no reason why they couldn't have adjusted that to 14:30. I'll wait until the last 20 minutes or so in case Hazard magically recovers and the news comes through, but that time could have opened up possibilities for a lot of people that were that bit more on the ball.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

is this tongue-in cheek?

the default lunch-match time on any given Saturday is 12:45, and the deadline is set at 11:30

to adjust the deadline accordingly to first kick-off at 15:00, logic would have dictated 13:45 :P

it's only exceptionally with midweek GW14-25-28, k.o 19:45, that we were gifted the chance to check the lineups befofre the 19:30 deadline (I wonder what prevented FPL to set it at 18:30)
or IIRC when a rescheduled match kickoff had to be anticipated at 12:00 on Saturday

"the deadline on Sunday is 11:30, there's no reason why they couldn't have adjusted that to 14:30. I'll wait until the last 20 minutes or so in case Hazard magically recovers and the news comes through"
you wish :lol:
by your standard, ther's no reason why they couldn't have set the default saturday deadline at 12:15 FOR EVERY GW instead of 11:30 ;)

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

True, but it is the last day, and plenty of us are going to need all the help we can get :lol: :wink:

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

OTOH I have to thank you, because I had't noticed yet that the last GW deadline wasn't on Saturday as usual :oops:

this means 1 more day to decide, but also 1 more day for Hazard to have a chance to drop in price before we make up our minds :mrgreen:
he already has -8k net transfer today on CTC, and -2.4%/hour currently on FFFix (at that rate, he'll drop saturday morning anyway)
Giroud -6k today and -1.2%/hour atm

I have a crazy punt plan with 0.1m margin, but can't absorb both drops... or I'd have to change my targets

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

What's your punt? ;)

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

MoSe wrote:OTOH I have to thank you, because I had't noticed yet that the last GW deadline wasn't on Saturday as usual :oops:
It is definitely SUNDAY 11:30 - http://fantasy.premierleague.com/rules/#ismRules

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

From4corners wrote:What's your punt? ;)
damn, I expected Haz to drop toniite, instead I woke up to find he already dropped this morning
I panicked, so I decided... to KEEP him and UPGRADE 1ST BENCHER :shock:
:wink: :wink: :wink:

ruudy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ruudy »

There was a bit of a bet on here at the beginning of the season between two forum members. What's the status of that bet going into the final GW?

davidoff
Wideboy
FS Record: 573rd in 2014/15 and 3 other Top 10k finishes

Post by davidoff »

Wenger resting a few players (Sanchez, Giroud..?) Hazard probably out. Could be a low scoring week with big players missing. Time for a last minute dot com gamble..?!

Oatfedgoat
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 573rd in FPL 09/10. 176pts in DGW22 of 09/10.

Post by Oatfedgoat »

Which are the most likely Arsenal attacking players to be rested?

Giroud
Sanchez
Ramsey
Santi
In that order?

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

are those just your (all) speculations, or is there some source telling Arsenal players will be rested in last GW?
http://www.arsenal.com/pressconference
http://www.football411.com/story/0,2216 ... 15,00.html
http://arsenalnews.co/2015/05/welbeck-o ... west-brom/
I only found, in the last link,
[Wenger], however, added that some players may be facing fatigue problems and that it remains to be seen how everyone recovers ahead of Sunday’s match.

Oatfedgoat
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 573rd in FPL 09/10. 176pts in DGW22 of 09/10.

Post by Oatfedgoat »

On the whole this season, most FISO speculations about players being rested etc have been unfounded.

Remember just a few weeks ago everyone was saying the same about Chelsea players?

As with most people, I currently have 3 Arsenal players.
I have the luxury of 2 FT and am considering swapping 2 Arsenal for 2 Chelsea to minimise risk of suffering potential benching.

The fear of not having Sanchez is making me think twice though as most people will hold on to him after last week.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Lawro made a good point in his predictions on the BBC football site. After a couple of indifferent performances and disappointing results, surely it makes more sense to give the first team chance to get back into their groove ahead of the cup final?

This isn't to say rotation won't occur. It is Wenger and they have loads of options, so I'm sure it may well do in some way, but possibly not to the extent people are expecting.

gooberman
Dumbledore

Post by gooberman »

I would really like to get Walcott but there is no guarantee he will start. Based on Wengers quotes I think he will make a maximum of 2 changes. Coquelin may be one as he didn't play last game so that leaves only one more which could easily be Rosicky.

I need to take a gamble but don't want to be doing it on somebody who is not guaranteed to start and then there is the problem of who to take out out of Ozil of Sanchez. Wenger has been harping on all season about how Sanchez needs a rest but he just keeps playing him.

ctibbits
Dumbledore

Post by ctibbits »

ruudy wrote:There was a bit of a bet on here at the beginning of the season between two forum members. What's the status of that bet going into the final GW?
Actually working on an update now for those interested. I was just going to add to the original thread that started the whole thing but it seems to have been deleted :shock: :( I contacted the MODs to see if it could be added again and unlocked but I don't know if that is possible. After I get a response I will update accordingly.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

gooberman wrote:I would really like to get Walcott but there is no guarantee he will start. Based on Wengers quotes I think he will make a maximum of 2 changes. Coquelin may be one as he didn't play last game so that leaves only one more which could easily be Rosicky.

I need to take a gamble but don't want to be doing it on somebody who is not guaranteed to start and then there is the problem of who to take out out of Ozil of Sanchez. Wenger has been harping on all season about how Sanchez needs a rest but he just keeps playing him.
Having just seen the most recent quote it makes me slightly more confident in holding my Arsenal players. Wenger says there may be one or two changes, but largely the same team as Wednesday which hopefully bodes well. I imagine if Coquelin misses out it renders Ramsey and Cazorla pretty safe to start in the middle, and would assume Walcott comes in on the right. Could be wishful thinking on my part though, as I guess there is always the chance he plays centrally at Giroud's expense..

The Dazzler
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 9th overall in FPL 2005/06, 50th 2010/11, 288th 2014/15

Post by The Dazzler »

ctibbits wrote:
ruudy wrote:There was a bit of a bet on here at the beginning of the season between two forum members. What's the status of that bet going into the final GW?
Actually working on an update now for those interested. I was just going to add to the original thread that started the whole thing but it seems to have been deleted :shock: :( I contacted the MODs to see if it could be added again and unlocked but I don't know if that is possible. After I get a response I will update accordingly.
It's not deleted;
viewtopic.php?f=82&t=112735

gooberman
Dumbledore

Post by gooberman »

Notned wrote:
gooberman wrote:I would really like to get Walcott but there is no guarantee he will start. Based on Wengers quotes I think he will make a maximum of 2 changes. Coquelin may be one as he didn't play last game so that leaves only one more which could easily be Rosicky.

Having just seen the most recent quote it makes me slightly more confident in holding my Arsenal players. Wenger says there may be one or two changes, but largely the same team as Wednesday which hopefully bodes well. I imagine if Coquelin misses out it renders Ramsey and Cazorla pretty safe to start in the middle, and would assume Walcott comes in on the right. Could be wishful thinking on my part though, as I guess there is always the chance he plays centrally at Giroud's expense..
Do you think Walcott will start then?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

I'm just happy this season is nearly over as I've not enjoyed the game at all over the last month. A combination of leagues being already won, bad luck and bad decisions has pretty much killed off my interest in the last GW too.

ctibbits
Dumbledore

Post by ctibbits »

The Dazzler wrote:
ctibbits wrote:
It's not deleted;
viewtopic.php?f=82&t=112735
updated now

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

gooberman wrote:
Notned wrote:

Do you think Walcott will start then?
I wouldn't be surprised. No real knowledge to base it on though, just a gut feeling.

splimsplam
Red & Blue Braces

Post by splimsplam »

Well against all odds I did it! At the moment (bonus points pending) it's 48 plays 38. I captained aguero, my rival had hazard. I won it with some unlikely hero's. Heaton and mcshane had clean sheets where as his Cahill and ivanovich didn't. He left Kane on the bench where as I played him. Small margins and a bit of luck has given me my mini league and £150!

How has your day been?

mayweather
FISOhead

Post by mayweather »

lost money league by 1pt. finished inside 10k so cant beat myself up just had no luck this season...even today skrtel -2.hazard not taking pen.just was not meant to be. probably the best season in terms of how i managed my team and ive had numerous good finishes. but luck evaded me . i think next year i will use a very early wikdcard. my team was good until november so i didnt use it til then. it probably cost me at least 2million on my rival who played early.

the first hr is always the hardest to take but then realise its just a game at the end of the day. the same last year when i won my league narrowly. bit of banter tomorrow at work will be just what the doctor ordered.

mayweather
FISOhead

Post by mayweather »

just checked it again and rival didnt get the 2 bonus he was due. in the end he got one which means we tie. ive made less transfers so it may say me top but i can hardly expect to be awarded the full winnings? not sure on the etiquette in a situation like this. im happy to split anyways as it feels like a win

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

mayweather wrote:ive made less transfers so it may say me top but i can hardly expect to be awarded the full winnings? not sure on the etiquette in a situation like this. im happy to split anyways as it feels like a win
I'd say splitting the winnings is the fairest thing to do.

Well done on not losing! :D

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”