To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FINAL GAME WEEK!!

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Re: FINAL GAME WEEK!!

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

I honestly think if you have made less transfers, you have won, and should expect to be paid the full amount. That's the FPL rules. If my money league had been closer I would have pointed this out personally a few weeks before the end.

It would be like if someone won promotion or a title on goal difference, and decided to split the prize money.

I would add a caveat: By all means if it's between friends and you don't mind, the other person needs the money more than you, or someones made it clear to you that they don't think you should have the full winnings, it might just not be worth fighting about and graciously accepting whatever happens.
Last edited by Carlos Kickaball on 24 May 2015, 19:50, edited 1 time in total.

wibble_mcwoo
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Meh. Best c. 3,000th; usually in the 10,000's these days

Post by wibble_mcwoo »

mayweather wrote:just checked it again and rival didnt get the 2 bonus he was due. in the end he got one which means we tie. ive made less transfers so it may say me top but i can hardly expect to be awarded the full winnings? not sure on the etiquette in a situation like this. im happy to split anyways as it feels like a win
I'd say you should get the winnings if the ML had either been aware of the rule or agreed to abide by the website's minileague rankings at some point before the game week. Otherwise, it's a tie.

I've run our work ML a few times and had to make a few calls like that. It's the way that avoids most grumbling.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:It would be like if someone won promotion or a title on goal difference, and decided to split the prize money. :lol:
Yes it's the exact same as that, Carlos, and not basically just a trivial game that people play for fun on the internet. #perspective

I can only speak from my own point of view, but if I finished level on points with somebody and demanded to be paid the full amount of money just because of some arbitrary number of transfers, I'd feel like a bit of a prick.

Edit: Just seen your caveat - I think that's a fair assessment.

Oatfedgoat
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 573rd in FPL 09/10. 176pts in DGW22 of 09/10.

Post by Oatfedgoat »

Is it first place wins everything or there is an amount for 1st, 2nd etc?

If it is 1st, 2nd all get some oney then I would be comfortable splitting half of the 1st+2nd prize.

If it's winner takes all then this is a harder etiquette dilema!

On a different note, when does my -4 get subtracted? I'm still not sure if I won my ML or not :oops:

moonlightdribbler
Grumpy Old Man

Post by moonlightdribbler »

So, if two teams finish on the same amount of points and they've made an identical number of transfers.....then what?

It would be nice if FPL genuinely placed two teams level, but I imagine they'd stick one above the other based on some sort of 'logic'.

moonlightdribbler
Grumpy Old Man

Post by moonlightdribbler »

Oatfedgoat wrote:On a different note, when does my -4 get subtracted? I'm still not sure if I won my ML or not :oops:

At the time of writing the right hand column still hasn't been updated yet, so it's still showing last week's score. Not your transfer hit.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

The I think then they are tied in that case moonlight dribbler. If you look at the rankings teams with the same points and transfers are given the same joint rank, whereas teams with the same points but fewer transfers are given better ranks.

As for how trivial the matter is, I don't think that decides what should be done either way, as if it's trivial either party could let the other have what is better for them. I think you should point out that you are the winner, and why, and see what the cash league runner decides. Though if you're running the cash league it may be a little more complicated! In my opinion the person with the better rank has won the league.

mayweather
FISOhead

Post by mayweather »

hey guys thanks for the replies/advice. 1st gets £350, 2nd £250, 3rd/4th i cant remember.so it would only be 50 quid if we split. we were very close last year too i nicked it on the last day then too. hes more aggressive with his transfers than i am. if he didnt upgrade pva to john terry this week for a -4 he would have won. in the end he made 65 transfers vrs 45 to me. i think next year i will be more attacking. double gwks leaving austin out nearly cost me dearly

its a work league with friends of friends too. ive been working away for the last 2 months so wasnt in contact with buddies. id have taken a split heading into the last week or two with nothing between us. but didnt want to contact him out of the blue in case it looked a bit weak of me. i think ill wait for the email tomorrow and if he says split then its fine. if he says im 1st then ill also split it. i think that may be the best way to wait until hes sent the email out.

Oatfedgoat
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Oatfedgoat »

moonlightdribbler wrote:
Oatfedgoat wrote:On a different note, when does my -4 get subtracted? I'm still not sure if I won my ML or not :oops:

At the time of writing the right hand column still hasn't been updated yet, so it's still showing last week's score. Not your transfer hit.
That's what I figured.
I was 20 behind.

I took a 4 point hit.

This week I beat my rival by 20 points. So I assume I lost by 4?

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

Oatfedgoat wrote:
moonlightdribbler wrote:

That's what I figured.
I was 20 behind.

I took a 4 point hit.

This week I beat my rival by 20 points. So I assume I lost by 4?
Yup.bummer. Very nice run for the last 3 weeks. I can't imagine you're far away from the monthly prize.

Oatfedgoat
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Oatfedgoat »

:lol: Thank you Mo.
I can't complain much. I had a stinker of a run around Chrismtas despite planning intensley around DGW.

It's nice of me to let someone else win once every 3 years!

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

That is an incredible finish to the season goat - in the last three weeks you've had two GW ranks which are better than any I've managed this season.

mayweather - regarding your mini-league, I agree with CK. That's nice of you if you offer to split the prize, but honestly I think you've won that league fair and square - if I was running that league, you'd be getting awarded the win. At the same time, I could see how casual players might not agree. Either way, I agree with just leaving it to the person running the league to contact you, rather than you contacting him to query the rules. For the sake of £300 v £350, it's probably not worth hurt feelings.

As for my own final week of the season, my Classic money leagues were locked up, so the only thing I was really playing for besides overall rank was my H2H league, where I would have missed out on the money had I lost. I didn't realise at the time, but Aguero's late goal lifted me into 3rd place and made me a couple of hundred quid, so that was a pretty nice end to the season.

Kris_fiso
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Kris_fiso »

Roll on next year

Oatfedgoat
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Oatfedgoat »

thesilkworm wrote:That is an incredible finish to the season goat - in the last three weeks you've had two GW ranks which are better than any I've managed this season.
An incredible end maybe, but not a patch on your fantastic overall season. Congratulations and well played 8-)
It's definately the best WC I've ever played. If only I had less trips to the triple millionaires club through the season!

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Oatfedgoat wrote:the best WC I've ever played.
WC? ;)

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

mayweather wrote:hey guys thanks for the replies/advice. 1st gets £350, 2nd £250, 3rd/4th i cant remember.so it would only be 50 quid if we split. we were very close last year too i nicked it on the last day then too. hes more aggressive with his transfers than i am. if he didnt upgrade pva to john terry this week for a -4 he would have won. in the end he made 65 transfers vrs 45 to me. i think next year i will be more attacking. double gwks leaving austin out nearly cost me dearly

its a work league with friends of friends too. ive been working away for the last 2 months so wasnt in contact with buddies. id have taken a split heading into the last week or two with nothing between us. but didnt want to contact him out of the blue in case it looked a bit weak of me. i think ill wait for the email tomorrow and if he says split then its fine. if he says im 1st then ill also split it. i think that may be the best way to wait until hes sent the email out.
I don't think I'd accept a split of the prize if I finished 2nd in this way - it's the rules of the game. It would be pretty obvious if you finished 1st overall and your opponent 2nd - fpl would award the winners prize to you and there could be no complaints, it should be the same for minileagues imo. Unless there was an explicit discussion of what to do differently in this scenario when the league was set up then you have to go by the rules of the site as anything else would be unfair, in this case unfair on you. If they feel miffed about it then to be honest they should have read the rules (even if that sounds a tad harsh). :D

They could just as well say "well, I won if bonus points weren't added this season and I don't think bonus points is a good rule so I should win". It holds no water as a defence I'm afraid.

mayweather
FISOhead

Post by mayweather »

thanks all once again for replies. league admin emailed and had me as 1st other guy 2nd. i offered a split but he didnt take it although he appreciated the gesture. delighted to top the league after a fine tussle. been a great season

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”