To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW38 captain poll

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

GW38 captain

Sanchez (WBA)
2%
Giroud (WBA)
No votes
Cazorla (WBA)
No votes
Ramsey (WBA)
No votes
Ozil (WBA)
No votes
Hazard (SUN)
7%
Costa (SUN)
10%
Terry (SUN)
2%
Ivanovic (SUN)
1%
Aguero (SOU)
61%
Silva (SOU)
1%
Toure (SOU)
No votes
Benteke (BUR)
7%
Kane (eve)
No votes
Eriksen (eve)
No votes
Sigurdsson (cry)
No votes
Other
7%

Total votes: 83

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

GW38 captain poll

Post by gooberman »

Final captain decision of the season. Could be a crucial decision.

Notned
FISO Knight

Re: GW38 captain poll

Post by Notned »

Aguero (C)
Hazard (VC)

That's the logical choice. In whichever order.

As my mini league is won though (barring a catastrophe) I am half tempted to punt on a Kane replacement and captain him, just for shits and giggles. Will probably bottle it though.

RidleyMTB
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RidleyMTB »

In Aguero we trust

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Aguero c
Albrighton vc

gooberman
Dumbledore

Post by gooberman »

Glad to see these results so far. With the dynamics of my money league it may not be advantageous for me to bring Hazard back in so if a low percentage captain him, the risk of me not having him at all will be less.

Depending on what happens in the Arsenal game tomorrow, I may have to take some sort of gamble with the captaincy if I have a points deficit to make up on my rivals so I may well go with Silva. His PPG is 6.1 so only Aguero has a higher PPG in the game at 6.6 so it would be a reasonably good gamble.
Last edited by gooberman on 19 May 2015, 12:50, edited 1 time in total.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

I was thinking Hazard (c) to be honest, are Southampton suddenly a poor defence or something? :?

gooberman
Dumbledore

Post by gooberman »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:I was thinking Hazard (c) to be honest, are Southampton suddenly a poor defence or something? :?
With 1 clean sheet in 7 games since Forster got injured, it would appear so yes. I guess the decision could be largely influenced by Sunderlands relegation status after the Arsenal game. If they still need a point which would appear likely I would be expecting them to park the bus against Chelsea. If they are already safe however, it could be a goal fest with Hazard likely heavily involved.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

7 games is an unreliable indicator for clean sheets, you need a longer period as they are not particularly common occurrences, especially as the previous 60 games would suggest that their defence, and not just their keeper is decent.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

I think Hazard is the obvious choice but there are some reasonable options for people chasing and needing to do something a bit different too (Aguero, Silva, Costa, Sanchez, Benteke).

Wow, hadn't seen poll before posting. Surprised by the results so far. FFS poll similarly in Aguero's favour.

gooberman
Dumbledore

Post by gooberman »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:7 games is an unreliable indicator for clean sheets, you need a longer period as they are not particularly common occurrences, especially as the previous 60 games would suggest that their defence, and not just their keeper is decent.
Maybe this stat is more representative then - 4 away clean sheets all season from 18 games, all of which they got when they had Forster in goal. Couple that with the fact that they are playing City who have only failed to score at home twice (one of which against a top team).

Southampton's clean sheet odds are 7-1.

gooberman
Dumbledore

Post by gooberman »

thesilkworm wrote:I think Hazard is the obvious choice but there are some reasonable options for people chasing and needing to do something a bit different too (Aguero, Silva, Costa, Sanchez, Benteke).

Wow, hadn't seen poll before posting. Surprised by the results so far. FFS poll similarly in Aguero's favour.
How is Hazard the obvious choice??

The Dazzler
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 9th overall in FPL 2005/06, 50th 2010/11, 288th 2014/15

Post by The Dazzler »

Hazard (c)
Aguero (vc)

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:7 games is an unreliable indicator for clean sheets, you need a longer period as they are not particularly common occurrences, especially as the previous 60 games would suggest that their defence, and not just their keeper is decent.
have you just totally erased the concept of form from this universe? :P
or do you consider form over a two years timespan?
  • (of course the discussion could be longer [and I underline could ;)]
    ... if you mention a stat over 60 games to be used as predictive of a single game, please add the standard deviation and/or variance too :P
    ... a decent defence is not just a keeper, but a keeper can be a key factor in a defence performances too... see topic about DDG just a great saver or defence leader too)

I'm not a frontline advocate of form myself, but I'm happy I sold Bertrand (and KDavis) recognising Saints were not in their best moment defensively anymore
besided, hadn't the whole fisoforum hammered all season that Kun is fixture-proof?

I was undecided between Kun/Eden myself, I was surprised to see the landslide here. FFS is reported to favor Aguero, and FFFix has a 0.3p margin for Kun too
I casted the vote for Kun as I had to choose one,
but the poll doesn't say whether those votes were a close decision or a countrymile one in the mind of the casters
Actually I checked and I realise in my FPL tem the band is currently on Hazard, I thought the contrary! :o :lol:

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

gooberman wrote:
thesilkworm wrote:I think Hazard is the obvious choice but there are some reasonable options for people chasing and needing to do something a bit different too (Aguero, Silva, Costa, Sanchez, Benteke).

How is Hazard the obvious choice??
There's a good argument to be made for Aguero too, but Hazard stands out to me because he's playing against the weakest defence of the main contenders, and Mourinho has pretty much told us he's playing his best XI. I can see Chelsea wanting to bounce back from last night and ending the season in style.

Edit to add: not checked stats but from memory I think Southampton have kept it pretty tight against the top teams this season (two draws with Chelsea, winning away at Old Trafford, only losing 1-0 at the Emirates).
Last edited by thesilkworm on 19 May 2015, 13:47, edited 1 time in total.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

If anyone's curious, the FFS projections have Hazard top by a clear point. It seems to me that FFS seem to focus on longer term stats whereas FFFix reacts more to recent form. I do think Hazard is the better option, but probably not by the full point which FFS claims.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Aguero (c), Hazard (vc) for me I rekon.

Very close call indeed. Chelsea seem to have stepped down a gear since winning the title, whereas City have stepped up one since. Hazard himself has been posting the same sort of background numbers that he has all season but the rest of the team haven't. I'd be happy with either.

Just to add to the already numerous responses to this. It seems a small range was good enough for you at the start of the season, transferring in Clyne and Bertrand in weeks 4 and 6 respectively despite apparently not rating Southampton's defence enough to start with any of their defenders. :wink:

Considering there's been two changes of manager since the start of the 60 game run in the league you cite, I don't see why the games at the start of last season are particularly relevant compared to the last 7.

gooberman
Dumbledore

Post by gooberman »

Maybe statistically there isn't much to choose between them but personally I feel that going against an in form Aguero at home is a risk only worth taking if there is a need to gamble. Look what he did when he last played at home.

Aguero is more explosive and seems more likely to get a big score. Hazard has been consistent but has only actually scored more than 11 points twice.

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

GW38 captain poll

Post by jacksosi »

Aguero (c)

...I presume it's not just me that cannot see polls in Tapatalk?

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Stemania wrote:

Just to add to the already numerous responses to this. It seems a small range was good enough for you at the start of the season, transferring in Clyne and Bertrand in weeks 4 and 6 respectively despite apparently not rating Southampton's defence enough to start with any of their defenders. :wink:

Considering there's been two changes of manager since the start of the 60 game run in the league you cite, I don't see why the games at the start of last season are particularly relevant compared to the last 7.
Perhaps the difference was that we didn't have half a season of the opposite happening before, so we weren't throwing away a much agreed on prior belief, and part of the reason to buy Southampton defenders was the good fixtures until week 13 rather than certainty they would be one of the best defences in the league.

Why would I buy them in week 1 when they had Liverpool away, and a new manager? :lol:

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

BTW, I see no Leicester strikers in the poll :P

FFFix places them around 10th highest projections, while FFS rates them much lower
in my "season team scoring H/A averages DB" tho, i.e. a factual but very basic, unsophisticated stat,
QPR have the highest goal conceding avg for last gw,
0.4 goals more than City would score v Sou or Arse would score v WBA according to past averages, and 0.6 goals more than Chelsea would score v Sun :o
not much thus for Foxes home scoring avg, which is a bit below PL avg, but mainly because QPR by far conceded away more than any other team

I repeat, these are not projections nor predictions, just the record and combination of team scores over the season
and it does not take time into account, i.e. it doesn't favor recent results (see Leicester, although they might relax now that they're safe)
but stilll... :wink:

Dialted
Treebeard

Post by Dialted »

Will need between a 20 or 30 point swing in the ML so may opt for Benteke.. We both have benteke, aguero, kane, sanchez, and hazard as the main players but I'm certain he'll captain aguero

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

18 goals in the last 6 for City and Aguero has 8 goals and 3 assists in these 6 games, has to be him IMO, especially if Arsenal wins tonight. Form over fixture

davidoff
Wideboy
FS Record: 573rd in 2014/15 and 3 other Top 10k finishes

Post by davidoff »

Aguero is too explosive. It doesn't matter who he's playing. Chelsea have wrapped up the league and it shows in their performances. Sunderland are the only team ever to have beaten Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in the league and may be fighting for their lives.

Aguero (c)
Not Hazard (vc)

thekitkatshuffler
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thekitkatshuffler »

Vardy (c)
Albrighton (vc)

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

PVA(Larsson)

Chelsea are on their holidays now the Mourinho title has been won.

;)

Razzler
FISOhead

Post by Razzler »

I'll be happy if this last round is relatively low scoring

I think Aguero for me for captain. No way on Sanchez. Benteke, perhaps

These are the kind of games Benteke will hit a 2 in. He'll get 2 away to Liverpool or United but nothing in these ones. Also the kind of game Hazard will do nothing. If not captain he'll maybe get double figures but if I made him captain I'd be getting angrier as the match went on

A lot of players looking like they jacked it in for the season now

Aguero seems the safest option as bang in form

Leicester maybe foot off the gas now but got Vardy. Benteke (vc) if I bring him in otherwise Sanchez for the LOLs

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Bringing Perez in and (c)

BELIEVE

Aguero (c)

Hogmeister
Dumbledore
FS Record: Top 300 in all-time FPL rankings

Post by Hogmeister »

Aguero (c), Hazard (vc). The possibility of Jose resting Hazard for the final game means it's an easy pick this week.

gooberman
Dumbledore

Post by gooberman »

Hogmeister wrote:Aguero (c), Hazard (vc). The possibility of Jose resting Hazard for the final game means it's an easy pick this week.
Why would he rest him? Rest him for what? I'm pretty sure he has been quoted as saying he will be playing the players that have played all season for the final game unless Sunderland now being safe changes that plan.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

He also played Terry, Ivanovic and Hazard at WBA due to their 'wish to play in every league game this season'

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”