To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW38 Transfers

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
RidleyMTB
Grumpy Old Man

Re: GW38 Transfers

Post by RidleyMTB »

Giroud to Ulloa
Cazorla to Bolasie 4pt hit

pdhmobile
Red & Blue Braces

Post by pdhmobile »

Pant is out!!!! I have Davis as reserve would you guys use my only transfer on getting Adrian in or play without a keeper??

RidleyMTB
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RidleyMTB »

pdhmobile wrote:Pant is out!!!! I have Davis as reserve would you guys use my only transfer on getting Adrian in or play without a keeper??
Davis should play

http://mobile.saintsfc.co.uk/news/artic ... 50338.aspx

pdhmobile
Red & Blue Braces

Post by pdhmobile »

What a relief! It clearly states Davis will play against city, I'm happy again!!

Maldini66
Kevin and Perry

Post by Maldini66 »

Mav3rick wrote:
Maldini66 wrote:Pants!! Pantilimon is out with a knee injury. Thought on a replacement GK with only 4.8 in the bank! Schmeichel perhaps?
I'm in the same boat after having brought him in for a hit due to Davis being dropped the week before. Pretty frustrated with the run of events since the LEI DGW when I could have picked Kasper so if I make a transfer now it would be to him. However, it might be worth not making the transfer at all especially as I think I'll have a gamble with my captain in the last week and will need my transfer there.

If Pantilimon had played, I'd have expected nothing more than two points so I'm not sure its worth a hit to get someone else in.
Unfortunately I've got Guzan who didn't play last week, so can't really risk him not playing, unless I also get Given as well

Arseshavin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Arseshavin »

Anyone looking at Mata?

acruxen
Treebeard
FS Record: FPL 14/15: 1078

Post by acruxen »

Arseshavin wrote:Anyone looking at Mata?
Did Hazard :arrow: Mata. (also Giroud :arrow: Costa)

JoonaR16
Grumpy Old Man

Post by JoonaR16 »

I did Fabregas->Mata and I don't have Silva :D I have nothing to lose so I went full yolo.

The Dazzler
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 9th overall in FPL 2005/06, 50th 2010/11, 288th 2014/15

Post by The Dazzler »

Why are so many people transferring so early?

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

I was thinking about getting Young in my team (or even ADM again :D) but reading through RedCafe's match day thread it seems to be one big minefield as to who will start there as well. I think that even Mata is not a secure bet.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

MoSe wrote:if you roll over your FT to next season, will you have 1 more for GW2? ;)
Added into your transfers for before GW1. :wink:
The Dazzler wrote:Why are so many people transferring so early?
Probably have more important things to worry about over the weekend than remembering to log on to FPL. Part timers. :wink:

Think a lot of people post their transfers on here before they've done them, it may be illogical but it also feels quite nice to have done your transfers and set your team up. :lol:

JoonaR16
Grumpy Old Man

Post by JoonaR16 »

The Dazzler wrote:Why are so many people transferring so early?
I've slept couple of times over the deadline :roll:

E: Oh wait, no EPL tomorrow :oops:

Detroit City FC
Treebeard

Post by Detroit City FC »

2FT and a 3pt lead in the money league.

Hazard :arrow: Sanchez
Sktrel :arrow: Terry

As of now. Opponent has already Hazard :arrow: somebody cheap, Bolasie maybe and might have to take a hit to field a keeper if he chooses (Guzan/Pants)

Fuzzy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: meh

Post by Fuzzy »

Hazard -> Silva done.

Still pondering Kane -> Lukaku or Henderson -> Mata (would bench whichever of the 2 that I keep)

Drew_Peacock
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Drew_Peacock »

Are we likely to hear any concrete news about Hazard prior to the deadline then, or are we mostly just assuming he won't play based on Mourinho's press conference?

I'm currently 3 points clear of second in my main S/L, and 11 points clear of third. Really tight so this week actually counts!!!

Can't quite decide what I want to do either-so many potential rotations this week that make it such a minefield for planning.

2 FT and I'm looking currently at either:

skrtel :arrow: Kolarov
Hazard :arrow: Silva

Or

Hazard :arrow: Bolasie /puncheon
Kane :arrow: Costa.

Got Ramse, Giroud and Sanchez in my side but it's a tough one to know who will play so I think it's best to sit on them and hope for the best.

I know second place has Silva already, so option 1 covers me there. Option 2 would be two real differentials over my rivals...but is that what I want in my position?

Not really shire how to play it tbh.

MartyBhoy7
Grumpy Old Man

GW38 Transfers

Post by MartyBhoy7 »

I'm 60 points ahead in my ML but have my h2h cup final. My rival has been lucky with the Hazard news as he doesn't have him and I do. He has Benteke who I feel I need to block so considering a 4 point hit to do Hazard to Mata and Kane to Benteke or Hazard to Herrera and Vardy to Benteke.

Not sure what will happen with Vardy, should be on a high after his England call up but may be given a rest as he has been playing through injury the last few weeks. Any thoughts?

KTBFFH
FISOhead
FS Record: 636th (2014/15)

Post by KTBFFH »

Pantilimon :arrow: Schmeichel :roll:

Contemplating Giroud :arrow: Ulloa for a hit in order to try and finish in my country's top 10, but I think that's probably too much of a gamble.

Crooker
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Crooker »

Albrighton > Young
Hazard > YaYa (c)
Mignolet > Kasper

#yolo

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Crooker wrote:Albrighton > Young
Hazard > YaYa (c)
Mignolet > Kasper

#yolo
Seems very stupid to take a hit for Mignolet :arrow: Schmeichel.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

KTBFFH wrote:Pantilimon :arrow: Schmeichel :roll:

Contemplating Giroud :arrow: Ulloa for a hit in order to try and finish in my country's top 10, but I think that's probably too much of a gamble.
If you want to do Giroud :arrow: Ulloa, then you shouldn't do Pantilimon :arrow: Schmeichel for a hit. Even in the best case scenario Schmeichel outscores your Myhill with only four points, but Myhill is more likely to get save points. Furthermore, if Schmeichel doesn't get a clean sheet, then there is a good chance that Myhill actually outscores Schmeichel.

I find it really hard to justify -4 point hit for Pantilimon :arrow: Schmeichel transfer, when you have Myhill on the bench. Not much to gain from that transfer.

Generally goalkeeper transfers are very hardly justifiable this gameweek. There is no standout option for clean sheet and most of us should proritise transferring Hazard or Arsenal players out, since they are in rotation risk, and attacking players have far better point potential than goalkeepers.
Last edited by Finisher1 on 23 May 2015, 11:28, edited 4 times in total.

Crooker
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Crooker »

Oh well its the last week and I wanted to make those transfers

My mini leagues more or less set in stone now

^^ I also have Myhill on the bench x)

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Crooker wrote:Oh well its the last week and I wanted to make those transfers

My mini leagues more or less set in stone now

^^ I also have Myhill on the bench x)
Oh you also have Myhill on the bench? :lol:

That makes your hit even more stupid in my opinion :lol: There is not much to gain from goalkeeper transfers, so really hard to justify -4 point hit.

Dialted
Treebeard

Post by Dialted »

Done Hazard to Yaya as my league leader has Hazard and I think will transfer out for Silva.

Captain choice between yaya and Benteke now is hard

KTBFFH
FISOhead
FS Record: 636th (2014/15)

Post by KTBFFH »

Finisher1 wrote:
KTBFFH wrote:Pantilimon :arrow: Schmeichel :roll:

If you want to do Giroud :arrow: Ulloa, then you shouldn't do Pantilimon :arrow: Schmeichel for a hit. In the best case scenario Schmeichel should outscore your Myhill with four points, which he probably doesn't since Myhill is more likely to get save points.

I find it really hard to justify -4 point hit for Pantilimon :arrow: Schmeichel transfer, when you have Myhill on bench.
I agree that the keeper switch is not worth -4. The reason I phrased it the way I did is because I am very undecided about Giroud :arrow: Ulloa/ Vardy. I don't think I will be making that move, as I think Giroud probably has the same chance of scoring as either of them. But if I did decide to do that then you are right, it would be wiser to let Myhill stay put. Thanks.

Crooker
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Crooker »

Finisher1 wrote: There is no standout option for clean sheet and most of us should proritise transferring Hazard or Arsenal players out, since they are in rotation risk, and attacking players have far better point potential than goalkeepers.
Why transferring out Arsenal players? Rubbish

"I might rest one or two maybe but overall I believe that the team will be similar to the team that played on Wednesday night." - Wenger

They are in a sticky patch of form not scoring a lot of goals and need a confidence boost before the cup final which is a week away plenty of time to recover :lol:

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Crooker wrote:
Finisher1 wrote: There is no standout option for clean sheet and most of us should proritise transferring Hazard or Arsenal players out, since they are in rotation risk, and attacking players have far better point potential than goalkeepers.

"I might rest one or two maybe but overall I believe that the team will be similar to the team that played on Wednesday night." - Wenger

They are in a sticky patch of form not scoring a lot of goals and need a confidence boost before the cup final which is a week away plenty of time to recover :lol:
Yes but basically every Arsenal attacking player is in rotation risk.

Yes, it is true that it is complete lottery which one will be rotated. But when you transfer one of them out, you have a chance to transfer the right one out. Of course you must find a decent option which you can afford.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Crooker wrote:

Yeah. Keeping all three of mine, in the hope that they could be a shrewd differential should they start. Which I think/hope they probably will.

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

Totally agree on the -4 transfer for a keeper. They would have to get 5pts more than the other keeper that would have played for a gain of 1pt! Completely nonsensical.

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

That's true for those with a playing sub keeper. I currently have Guzan (dropped) and Pantilimon... :( I need my FT for something else. In that situation, would you guys take a hit to bring in (say) Schmeichel, or would you just play without a keeper? The most likely options are of course plays and concedes a goal or two (2 points), or clean sheet (6 points) - any other scenarios not that likely. Given that the hit cost is 4 points, halfway between 2 and 6, can anyone give me any thoughts to sway me one way or the other? Cheers. :)

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

I just can't decide on what transfer to do. Want to go for a bit of a punt but it has to be a safe punt in that the player is likely to at least start. This is kind of ruling out Walcott for me. I've looked at a number of predicted line ups and he is only in about half of them.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”