To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

DGW37 Captain Poll

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Which one?

Sanchez - MUN (A), SUN (H)
75%
Giroud - MUN (A), SUN (H)
13%
Ramsey - MUN (A), SUN (H)
2%
Ozil - MUN (A), SUN (H)
1%
Cazorla - MUN (A), SUN (H)
No votes
Soldado - HULL (H)
7%
Other
2%

Total votes: 100

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

DGW37 Captain Poll

Post by MPTree »

This could be a really pivotal decision in the closing games of the season. Who's the best option?

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Re: DGW37 Captain Poll

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Thread Closed! ;)

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

If you're significantly trailing in a minileague this looks the week to gamble to me. Sanchez isn't the same prospect as Aguero was this week, not a sure thing by any means - Alexis is very capable of blanking given he isn't on most set pieces and isn't on pens (although he probably does have the highest expected score this week so should surely be the choice of any minileague leader). Giroud, Ramsey etc or even Cazorla could realistically outscore him significantly and since it's a DGW it will probably prove the only chance to significantly catch up in minileagues this season.

I'm happy enough with my position so will be going Sanchez, but I don't think anyone thinking of gambling this week should be chastised. :D

pdhmobile
Red & Blue Braces

Post by pdhmobile »

I'm really tempted to go for Ramsey, i have sachet as well. I'm 2nd in ML , 30 points behind. The leader has sanchez, giroud and belerni. I think he will captain sanchez. I'm tempted, what do you guys think?

um09a2k
Grumpy Old Man

Post by um09a2k »

I think last week was enough to convince people to not go against the masses.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Aguero a realistic option? 8 in last 5

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: DGW37 Captain Poll

Post by eastcentral1 »

pdhmobile wrote:I'm really tempted to go for Ramsey, i have sachet as well. I'm 2nd in ML , 30 points behind. The leader has sanchez, giroud and belerni. I think he will captain sanchez. I'm tempted, what do you guys think?
It's not a bad shout,especially after watching them on Monday night. If your main goal is to catch your leader, then it's your best chance.

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

Stemania wrote:Sanchez isn't the same prospect as Aguero was this week, not a sure thing by any means - Alexis is very capable of blanking given he isn't on most set pieces and isn't on pens (although he probably does have the highest expected score this week so should surely be the choice of any minileague leader).
I had discussed Sanchez recent performances with KTBFFH in the GW36 Transfers thread viewtopic.php?p=2702845#p2702845
MoSe wrote:one thing that made me wary:

Sanchez scores since Xmas (omitting absence/blanks)

10 1 2 19 3 2 3 3 8 2 2 13 3 3 15

5 "hauls" (more or less) in 15 games, that's one every 3rd game on average
PPG in those 5 games: 13p !
PPG in the other 10: 2.4p
PPG over all 15: ~ 6p

even if he gets 3 2 16 3 (considering 2+16=18 is the DGW where I'd captain him) it would be OK for me :D

update
10 1 2 19 3 2 3 3 8 2 2 13 3 3 15 2
...he's "due" a haul in one of the two DGW games! :wink:
I'm happy enough with my position so will be going Sanchez
Besides, I'm now leading my ML by 11, 14 & 21p
the former leader, who's now 3rd, had declared: "AHA!! Now I remember - I am on holiday at the weekend/next week so I put Sanchez as captain in case I forgot to change anything before that to make sure he was (C) for double gameweek."
That's why he had Alexis C instead of Kun last GW, slippin from +23p to -14p :mrgreen: :lol:

redchemist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by redchemist »

Giroud is due :D

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

um09a2k wrote:I think last week was enough to convince people to not go against the masses.
It should be enough to convince people to go with the masses when the masses are choosing by far the best option and the alternatives are not in the same ballpark - if Man City scored Aguero was pretty sure to be involved. With Arsenal, they have so many cooks that it will be much easier to go against the grain with another Arsenal player and get a fortunate but significant points swing. Last week the chances of that were very low.

This week a gamble is surely legitimate if you're desperately chasing in a minileague and the person you are chasing is sure to captain Sanchez.

If overall rank is the aim though, Sanchez seems the best bet, sure.

sween
FISOhead
FS Record: 3035 last season

Post by sween »

Stemania wrote:
um09a2k wrote:I think last week was enough to convince people to not go against the masses.
It should be enough to convince people to go with the masses when the masses are choosing by far the best option and the alternatives are not in the same ballpark - if Man City scored Aguero was pretty sure to be involved. With Arsenal, they have so many cooks that it will be much easier to go against the grain with another Arsenal player and get a fortunate but significant points swing. Last week the chances of that were very low.

This week a gamble is surely legitimate if you're desperately chasing in a minileague and the person you are chasing is sure to captain Sanchez.

If overall rank is the aim though, Sanchez seems the best bet, sure.
Im going with Sanchez however I agree with the above. For those chasing I think Ramsey especially is perfectly valid or even Ozil. I wouldnt be keen on Giroud though - he has looked really off the pace in the last couple of games and I am not all that sure he will start both games if Welbeck is fit.

tsubasa_sama
Red & Blue Braces

Post by tsubasa_sama »

No Sanchez here, Ramsey (C) it is.

stripes1973
Grumpy Old Man

Post by stripes1973 »

Can't understand why no sunderland players in the captains poll. :D

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

As a non-Sanchez owner I am torn between Ramsey and Giroud. I think people are being slightly unfair on Giroud, and think he will come good again imminently, but I am edging slightly more toward Ramsey at the moment. Feels a bit puntier. Guess which of the two look likely to get the most minutes will be a key factor.

Demo
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Demo »

Sanchez (Ramsey)

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

PVA(Pantillimon)

Arsenal are on their holidays now the Wenger cup has been won.

Demo
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Demo »

Mo Bot wrote:PVA(Pantillimon)

They could have scored 3 or 4 Monday and I could easily see 3 or 4 in the ManU game.
I bet you don't captain PVA when it comes to it, unless your just pulling one :wink:

Innes
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 10,000 in FPL

Post by Innes »

Chasing a large ML leader. Sanchez seems the most logical and no doubt the leader will go for him, so tempted on a massive punt of Defoe. Home vs Leicester in a must win game for them, and then maybe the ex-Spurs man could do something against Arsenal. All wishful reasons, but if I follow ML captain choice, there's not enough points elsewhere to catch up.

Jason Bourne
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Jason Bourne »

Alexis(C) as I'm dead even with the leader in my ML. Very happy with my ramsey to his giroud. I'm hoping that's the difference.

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

Is this a joke?

Calvin1979
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Ruined by real life responsibilities

Post by Calvin1979 »

Sanchez although Giroud could be a decent gamble.

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

I genuinely think Arsenal will struggle to get a point out of their two games but after stupidly captaining Guzan for the Villa double I have learned my lesson and will probably captain Ramsey.

Let's face it, a lot of people said the Villa QPR DGW wasn't worth bothering about. A lot of people said load up on Chelsea and Liverpool players and ignore Leicester and Hull and that Hazard was the best captain choice. A lot of people are wrong sometimes and I think this might be another of those times. As I said though, I don't have the stones to follow through and Sunderland don't have a decent, obvious captain option.

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

Mo Bot wrote: A lot of people are wrong sometimes
Mo Bot wrote: I don't have the Stones
then buy him and Captain him!!! I guess he has good projections!

NaturalFootballFan
Treebeard

Post by NaturalFootballFan »

Ozil (C)
Koscielny (vc)

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

The season is almost over. I dropped from 175 to 4000 and a bit. So not much to play for.

However, in order to climb the ladder a bit again, I wonder whether Austin (C) might be an interesting option. An Arsenal win against Sunderland might lead to players being rested vs ManU with little to play for. And who knows, it could just be the safe Arsenal (C) choice.

Food for thought

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Lucky wrote:The season is almost over. I dropped from 175 to 4000 and a bit. So not much to play for.

However, in order to climb the ladder a bit again, I wonder whether Austin (C) might be an interesting option. An Arsenal win against Sunderland might lead to players being rested vs ManU with little to play for. And who knows, it could just be the safe Arsenal (C) choice.

Food for thought
Sunderland game is after ManU game.

icefish
Treebeard

Post by icefish »

Mo Bot wrote:

I genuinely think Arsenal will struggle to get a point out of their two games but after stupidly captaining Guzan for the Villa double I have learned my lesson and will probably captain Ramsey.

Let's face it, a lot of people said the Villa QPR DGW wasn't worth bothering about. A lot of people said load up on Chelsea and Liverpool players and ignore Leicester and Hull and that Hazard was the best captain choice. A lot of people are wrong sometimes and I think this might be another of those times. As I said though, I don't have the stones to follow through and Sunderland don't have a decent, obvious captain option.
I reckon going Ramsey over Sanchez is ballsy enough.

redcat1
Grumpy Old Man

Post by redcat1 »

Damn, looking at the result so far, not having Sanchez could be costly. Giroud for me

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Getting more and more torn between Ramsey and Giroud...

Anyone offer any arguments for one over the other?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”