To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW37 transfers

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

GW37 transfers

Post by gooberman »

I'll kick things off.

I've decided that going without Sanchez for Arsenals double week is just too risky so I'm prepared to sacrifice 4pts to get him.

I'm planning on selling Hazard for him. Given Maureen's comments, it seems likely that Hazard won't play the next game and even if he does get some minutes I wouldn't fancy him to do much at West Brom.

This move will have to be funded by a downgrade elsewhere and I've narrowed this down to either Bertrand or Skrtel. My gameweek 38 transfer will be to bring Hazard back given that Maureen has stated an intent to play his full strength team for the final game. This would mean that my defence for GW37 will be the same defence going into the final week.

Both Skrtel and Bertrand have favourable fixtures GW37 but Southampton play City away on the final day while Liverpool go to Stoke so it looks like Bertrand will be the one to go. The defender that comes in for him must be under 5m. Looking at the final 2 fixtures and form, it would appear that the Leicester defenders would be my best option. So barring an injury to Sanchez tonight I plan to do the following for GW37:

Hazard :arrow: Sanchez
Bertrand :arrow: Huth

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Re: GW37 transfers

Post by asm_fanz »

Probably Foster :arrow: Ospinna
Unless I'm impressed by an Arsenal defender tonight

Innes
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 10,000 in FPL

Post by Innes »

Probably N'Doye to Defoe. Only worry is if Hull have to go for it and N'Doye could profit.

Terry Henry
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: See me after class!

Post by Terry Henry »

Considering:

Hazard :arrow: Adam
Bentekke :arrow: Aguero
Kane :arrow: Defoe

or just:

Hazard :arrow: Someone from Sunderland maybe
Bentekke :arrow: Aguero

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Bertrand :arrow: Koscielny

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

Moreno :arrow: PVA

Moreno another wasted transfer alongside Remy.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Already have my three Arsenal in place, so most likely just a slightly boring Foster :arrow: Pantilimon.
gooberman wrote:

Both Skrtel and Bertrand have favourable fixtures GW37 but Southampton play City away on the final day while Liverpool go to Stoke so it looks like Bertrand will be the one to go. The defender that comes in for him must be under 5m. Looking at the final 2 fixtures and form, it would appear that the Leicester defenders would be my best option. So barring an injury to Sanchez tonight I plan to do the following for GW37:

Have you considered Vlaar as your defensive option?

big mon
Treebeard
FS Record: Nepal's Number 1 :)

Post by big mon »

Assume Moreno won't play this week? Have Schlupp as first sub defender and compelled to bank my transfer to GW38.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

big mon wrote:Assume Moreno won't play this week? Have Schlupp as first sub defender and compelled to bank my transfer to GW38.
Not sure, but I'd imagine he either starts or doesn't appear at all, so I'm playing him just in case I think. Torn between Vlaar and Schlupp as first sub, in case of a no-show.

RidleyMTB
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RidleyMTB »

Davis to Ospina or Henderson to Ramsey. This is killing me
Last edited by RidleyMTB on 11 May 2015, 22:04, edited 1 time in total.

TheChairLeg
Red & Blue Braces

Post by TheChairLeg »

Bellerin :arrow: some defender under £6.7m
Hazard :arrow: Ramsey

I just have to decide who the best defensive punt is for the next two weeks. I'm thinking Kolarov or maybe PVA.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

RidleyMTB wrote:Davis to Ospina or Henderson to Ramsey. This is killing me
Who is your second keeper?

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

Notned wrote:Already have my three Arsenal in place, so most likely just a slightly boring Foster :arrow: Pantilimon.
gooberman wrote:

Have you considered Vlaar as your defensive option?
No. He's injury prone and Villa have shipped 11 goals in their last 6 games. He may also be rested ahead of the cup final.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Davis K :arrow: Pantilimon
Silva :arrow: Sánchez

Blocking moves.

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

TheChairLeg wrote:Bellerin :arrow: some defender under £6.7m

I just have to decide who the best defensive punt is for the next two weeks. I'm thinking Kolarov or maybe PVA.
why get rid of Bellerin?

sunnO)))jihai
FISOhead

Post by sunnO)))jihai »

fred1266 wrote:

why get rid of Bellerin?

RidleyMTB
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RidleyMTB »

Notned wrote:
RidleyMTB wrote:Davis to Ospina or Henderson to Ramsey. This is killing me
Who is your second keeper?
Krul

TheChairLeg
Red & Blue Braces

Post by TheChairLeg »

fred1266 wrote:

why get rid of Bellerin?
I'm behind in my mini-league by about 50 points. Bellerin won't fire me up but Ramsey might. I can't have both as I also have Giroud and Sanchez.
Though, to be honest, due to his poor form I have considered removing Giroud for Benteke instead...

sunnO)))jihai
FISOhead

Post by sunnO)))jihai »

Whom out of those does your ML rival own?

Terry Henry
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Terry Henry »

40pts clear in my mini league and both my two rivals have Aguero (I don't :-(). Would have to take at least a 4pt hit to get him in as well as removing Hazard. What would you do?

helmethead
FISOhead

Post by helmethead »

I presume they both have Hazard so in essence you would be removing one blocking player for another so normally I would say no. However, Aguero is the type of explosive player who could hurt you and with the risks over Hazard's gametime/motivation for the last 2 games, with that kind of lead, i'd be tempted to take the 4 point hit and block them.

As you have a full contingent of Arsenal I would do your second transfer Hazard to ? and Benteke to Aguero.

I will also be getting rid of a Chelsea midfielder I think, given the uncertainties, not sure whether to get rid of Fab or Hazard and who to get in. In fact I actually have no real plans for my next two transfers for the first time all season!

Terry Henry
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Terry Henry »

helmethead wrote:I presume they both have Hazard so in essence you would be removing one blocking player for another so normally I would say no. However, Aguero is the type of explosive player who could hurt you and with the risks over Hazard's gametime/motivation for the last 2 games, with that kind of lead, i'd be tempted to take the 4 point hit and block them.

As you have a full contingent of Arsenal I would do your second transfer Hazard to ? and Benteke to Aguero.

I will also be getting rid of a Chelsea midfielder I think, given the uncertainties, not sure whether to get rid of Fab or Hazard and who to get in. In fact I actually have no real plans for my next two transfers for the first time all season!
Yeah, they both have Hazard. One also has Fabregas and the other doesn't. I am thinking they will ditch someone big in Midfield to get another Arsenal player in. One of them only has one doubler at the moment, and that's an Arsenal defender, the other just has Ospina and Cazorla.

The Dazzler
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 9th overall in FPL 2005/06, 50th 2010/11, 288th 2014/15

Post by The Dazzler »

helmethead wrote:I presume they both have Hazard so in essence you would be removing one blocking player for another so normally I would say no. However, Aguero is the type of explosive player who could hurt you and with the risks over Hazard's gametime/motivation for the last 2 games, with that kind of lead, i'd be tempted to take the 4 point hit and block them.

You're pretty bare defensively. One of Baines/Moreno/McShane would be my priority.

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner 2013 TFC T20 wickets league; Winner 2012 F1 Fantasyracers.com. Winner Mirror FF Free League 2014/15. 6th TFC T20 runs 2016.

Post by The Catman »

gooberman wrote: ....Given Maureen's comments, it seems likely that Hazard won't play the next game ....
What did Mauro say? (Please)

MurfDawg
Kevin and Perry

Post by MurfDawg »

The Catman wrote:
gooberman wrote: ....Given Maureen's comments, it seems likely that Hazard won't play the next game ....
What did Mauro say? (Please)
http://www.london24.com/sport/football/ ... _1_4068122

Is anyone tempted to transfer out Hazard? I have 3 Arse already but not Silva..

helmethead
FISOhead

Post by helmethead »

The Dazzler wrote:

You're pretty bare defensively. One of Baines/Moreno/McShane would be my priority.
Hoping at least one will be fit for this weekend. At this stage I don't really want to make a defensive transfer unless I have to. Also I cannot see any standout clean sheets for the next 2, especially given the randomness of the final day.

Incidentally, does anyone know why McShane came off at 56 mins at the weekend? No mention of injury.

Aar0n_28
FISOhead

Post by Aar0n_28 »

Quite a difficult one. There's nothing I can really do about my ropey defence without a hit so i'll roll with pVa, Ivan and Clyne.

I thought about bringing Defoe in but can't justify shipping out Kane (despite a sharp drop in form) with a home fixture v Hull. I then considered bringing in Pantillimon for the injured Foster, have been playing Myhill.

The other option is to move Henderson/Coutinho out for Gomez/Larsson but I have a feeling either of the Liverpool chaps could post a good score v Palace. Knowing my luck, i'll bench the wrong one.

In summary, I think the Pantillimon move might be the best option even if it's a bit dull. I'd then field:

Pants

Ivan Clyne pVa

Sanchez Ozil Silva Coutinho/Hendo

Giroud Kane Aguero.

Bench: Myhill, Hendo/Cout, Moreno, McShane

Opinions very welcome as I feel a bit stuck this week.

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

Moreno :arrow: Koscielny

Already have Alexis and Ramsey, and Moreno may as well not be in the team so why not. I think last night part blip, part Swansea playing very well.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Bertrand :arrow: Vlaar
Coutinho :arrow: Ramsey

TheChairLeg
Red & Blue Braces

Post by TheChairLeg »

sunnO)))jihai wrote:Whom out of those does your ML rival own?
I have two rivals. Both own Hazard and Bellerin. One (the leader) owns Giroud and PVA. None own Ramsey, Kolarov or Benteke. In terms of differentiating myself from my rivals, ditching Bellerin would be my best bet, but seeing Giroud pulled off on the 60th minute while Benteke sets the world on fire is getting painful.

Ramsey looked dangerous in the last game and with Hazard being rested he's a must imo. It's just whether it's Giroud or Bellerin who makes way.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”