To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW36 captain poll

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

GW 36 Captain

Aguero (QPR)
81%
Silva (QPR)
1%
Benteke (WHU)
3%
Sanchez (SWA)
12%
Giroud (SWA)
1%
Ramsey (SWA)
No votes
Ozil (SWA)
No votes
Hazard (LIV)
1%
Vardy (SOT)
No votes
N'Doye (BUR)
No votes
Rooney (pal)
1%
Mata (pal)
No votes
Kane (stk)
No votes
Soldado (stk)
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 94

Joshua82
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Consecutive top 3k finishes in FPL (2013-2015)

GW36 captain poll

Post by Joshua82 »

Surprised there isn't a captain poll so I thought I'd post my first ever one. Aguero will no doubt be the most popular choice with Benteke and Sanchez tempting those who are playing catch up.

I still haven't decided who to go for. I'm playing catch up in a mini league so tempted to go with Sanchez but it still takes a brave man to bet against an in form Aguero playing at home against relegation threatened QPR.

Who is more motivated to win that 2nd place spot in the Premier League? Arsenal or Man City? Arsenal have been bang in form this year and they look fully motivated to claim runners up as their brilliant attacking display vs Hull demonstrated, so you'd hope Sanchez will again be heavily involved in another attacking display. Man City have found a bit of form recently winning 3 games on the bounce so that should ease some fears of a drab performance vs QPR at least. Aguero playing lone striker has helped so he should find his name on the scoresheet again. As for Villa, Sherwood wants another 2 wins to fully avoid relegation so his players (most notably Benteke) should be fired up enough to give another good performance this weekend.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Re: GW36 captain poll

Post by Mav3rick »

I'll likely go with Aguero, although you couldn't really argue against a move for Sanchez.

Soldado can mathematically still win the golden boot so I wouldn't rule him out either.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Aguero (C)
Giroud or Ramsey (VC)

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Aguero for me by a country mile.

sstaffsw
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sstaffsw »

Aguero in scoring form and at home versus QPR? Obvious choice.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Mav3rick wrote:Soldado can mathematically still win the golden boot so I wouldn't rule him out either.
Good point; On this reasoning, I'm torn between Schmeichel or Myhill. My original choice was Aguero but this is the time to take risks. :D

Back to Aguero again.

Roope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Roope »

Agüero is the obvious choice, but I'm seriously tempted by Sánchez – what a stellar performance by Alexis against Hull! He really seemed to enjoy the show, and could've bagged a couple more. The whole of Arsenal were a real pleasure to watch. Again, hard to argue against Kun here, but I wouldn't write Alexis off just yet. I'm catching up after a disastrous GW35 (which saw me fall from the top 1000 to the 2000's). Has anyone been scouting Swansea's defence lately?

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Agüero (C)
Giroud (V)

Surprised Soldado has no votes yet. Maybe people haven't realised he's on the poll. A great option for those chasing, or those in immediate need of someone to come along and commit them to a mental asylum.
Last edited by Pirlo's Beard on 06 May 2015, 23:15, edited 1 time in total.

icefish
Treebeard

Post by icefish »

Pirlo's Beard wrote:Agüero (C)
Giroud (V)
+1

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

Pirlo's Beard wrote:Agüero (C)
Giroud (V)

Surprised Soldado has no votes yet. Maybe people haven't realised he's on the poll. A great option for those chasing, or those in immediate need of someone to come along and commit them to a mental asylum.
LOL

redchemist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by redchemist »

Ah Soldado. We meet again.

Aguero (c)

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

redchemist wrote:Ah Soldado.
Ah Crystal Palace?

Aar0n_28
FISOhead

Post by Aar0n_28 »

Josh, if you could confirm who your choice is please that would be great. I don't fancy relinquishing my 40pt lead over you :wink:

Calvin1979
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Ruined by real life responsibilities

Post by Calvin1979 »

Am I right in thinking Aguero is owned by nearly 90% of the top 10k?

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

I'm going for Agüero, Sánchez is the best Arsenal captain and a great choice, but the fixtures made the choice between the two tighter last week and I still plumped for Agüero.
Mav3rick wrote:Soldado can mathematically still win the golden boot so I wouldn't rule him out either.
:lol:

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

Calvin1979 wrote:Am I right in thinking Aguero is owned by nearly 90% of the top 10k?
he was at GW35 deadline
https://fpldiscovery.wordpress.com/2015 ... lection-2/
if you scroll down that page, you'll find
STARTING FORWARDS - Top 10K - 1 Agüero 88.8% (and only 26% overall!)

since the deadline his ownership has increased by less than 20k overall
http://fantasy.premierleague.com/stats/ ... s_in_event
http://fantasy.premierleague.com/stats/ ... _out_event
10% of the Top 10k is just 1k...
FFFix says 95.5% of Top1k, but it's not clear whether that's updated live or at the last deadline

Terry Henry
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: See me after class!

Post by Terry Henry »

Don't have Aguero so has to be Sanchez

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

MoSe wrote:
Calvin1979 wrote:Am I right in thinking Aguero is owned by nearly 90% of the top 10k?
at GW35 deadline: STARTING FORWARDS - Top 10K - 1 Agüero 88.8%
Terry Henry wrote:Don't have Aguero so has to be Sanchez
and you're 10,121 ! :D

Demo
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Demo »

Aguero (Sanchez). Much easier choice this week...

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Kun c
Benteke vc

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

If you told me simply that I could choose between Aguero at home and Sanchez at home for captain this week, but for some hypothetical reason I couldn't know which teams they were playing against, I would say it's too close to call.

As it happens, one of them is playing against a QPR team that must win and has conceded more goals away from home than any other team in the league this season, and the other is playing against a relatively solid Swansea defence.

I can understand people punting given the stage of the season we're at, but in terms of pure points potential I think there's only one reasonable option.

Edit: just realised this was kind of a pointless post as everyone is going for Aguero anyway.

ctibbits
Dumbledore
FS Record: Won "The Bet" 2014/15

Post by ctibbits »

I think for those chasing Silva is a great shout. For anyone else, not doing Aguero seems like suicide.

Crooker
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Crooker »

Even if you are chasing a mini league I dont think you can gamble on not picking Aguero this week....

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

ctibbits wrote:I think, for those chasing, Silva is a great shout. For anyone else, not doing Aguero seems like suicide.
Crooker wrote:Even if you are chasing a mini league, I dont think you can gamble on not picking Aguero this week....
interesting... it actually depends on your ML tho :wink:

I'm chasing 23p, and the leader does not have Silva viewtopic.php?p=2702442#p2702442
(unless he brought him in for Raheem with the FT he used this GW... that would mean tho he'd postpone bringing in the 2nd and 3rd Gunner next GW with 2FT)

He had Silva till the Liverpool DGW34, and he did indeed Captain Silva over Aguero in GW33 and GW30 (he also benched Aguero in GW32! :shock: )
Sooo... actually, to differentiate as ML chaser, I might indeed have better chances in hoping he brought back Silva and captained him,
while I stick with Kun :mrgreen: :lol:

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

ctibbits wrote:I think for those chasing Silva is a great shout. For anyone else, not doing Aguero seems like suicide.
Top 3 guys in my ML don't have Aguero (I'm fourth) so there's no way I don't captain him. While I was holding on to Kun they went for Murray/Giroud/Benteke and gained 30 points on me. It's time for revenge. :twisted:

Plz3n
Kevin and Perry

Post by Plz3n »

looks like QPR only got 3 100% fit defenders (Dunne, Yun and Furlong) has to be Kun (C) :)

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Aguero is a runaway leader at anytime goalscorer odds. This is the most obvious captain choice for a while.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Crooker wrote:Even if you are chasing a mini league I dont think you can gamble on not picking Aguero this week....
Definitely this.

Well, if you are really really desperate and chasing let's say more than 40 points and your team is almost identical to your rival, then you might take this gamble. But if that is the case, then I would question why you have Aguero in your team at all. It's like taking a gamble but not really taking it.

People should remember that A) there is still three gameweeks left, so chasing for example under 20 points is not a desperate situation at all, and does not require gambles just yet and B) gambles most probably just end up with losing more points.

Crooker
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Crooker »

Im chasing a 50 point lead but theres no way ill not be captaining Aguero this week
Ramsey said that the QPR squad is down to the "bare bones" for the City game.
In addition to the absent Ferdinand, Bobby Zamora, Steven Caulker, Clint Hill and Mauricio Isla are all doubts, while Nedum Onuoha, Eduardo Vargas and Alejandro Faurlin are unavailable through injury.

sparx14
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 2nd sky sports 08-09, 1st sky sports dec13 monthly

Post by sparx14 »

I'm only considering rooney are vardy - any suggestions between these two?

I'm leaning towards vardy at the moment, given he's had great recent form, their at home against a Southampton team, and Leicester have it all to play for whereas Southampton not so much. United haven't scored in a while now and expect Crystal Palace will be happy to defend against them...

(Should note I'm considering this for sky sports game so have until 12:45 as the cut-off.. however thought i'd try posting hear as sky sports forum fairly dead these days)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”