To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW36 Transfers

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
BigBuster15
Wideboy

Re: GW36 Transfers

Post by BigBuster15 »

Stocker16 wrote:
BigBuster15 wrote:Sterling :arrow: Ramsey
Coutinho :arrow: Phillips (QPR)
Vardy :arrow: Benteke (-4)

Liverpool are awful, Phillips is bench fodder and I can see Tekkers running riot against a west ham defence with nothing to play for and Reece Burke who will making his 3rd start.
The same Reece Burke who has 2 clean sheets in his first 2 premier league matches :) just sayin'
Against the bottoms two clubs in the league.

redchemist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by redchemist »

More hits here than a Pacquiao boxing bout (excluding the last one)

postie
Treebeard

Post by postie »

2 Freebies..
Henderson :arrow: Cazorla
Rooney :arrow: Benteke

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

redchemist wrote:More hits here than a Pacquiao boxing bout (excluding the last one)
Yeah, I'm kind of surprised by it.

I read a post on FFS yesterday which I found myself agreeing with - the main point was that hits at this stage of the season are generally not a good idea, as they have such little time to pay off. A few well-timed hits at the start of the season can help you improve your team value and build a better team for a longer period of time. If you take hits at this stage you're pretty much gambling on getting immediate results.

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: GW36 Transfers

Post by Sammy the Crab »

thesilkworm wrote:
redchemist wrote:More hits here than a Pacquiao boxing bout (excluding the last one)
Yeah, I'm kind of surprised by it.

I read a post on FFS yesterday which I found myself agreeing with - the main point was that hits at this stage of the season are generally not a good idea, as they have such little time to pay off. A few well-timed hits at the start of the season can help you improve your team value and build a better team for a longer period of time. If you take hits at this stage you're pretty much gambling on getting immediate results.
Some are defensive hits though. Managers who are slightly ahead and trying to cancel out potentially explosive differentials like Sanchez & Benteke.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Fair point, can understand people doing it in certain mini-league situations.

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

I think my best course of action is to roll my transfer over this week and leave myself with two freebies for the double. I still have 3 Liverpool players for their Chelsea clash, which isn't ideal, but I can't help but think there's still plenty of time for things to go wrong for DGW37. Will any key Arsenal players get injured? How will Chelsea line up now they've won (& is Hazard really on his hols)?

Lots of new info could surface and I'll feel a lot more comfortable with two freebies next week.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Blocking tactics for me at this stage with a 14 point lead. Sterling to Sanchez and Fabregas to Silva.

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

Sterling :arrow: Albrighton
Barnes :arrow: Giroud

Reluctantly for -4 which is grating. Feel I had to do it otherwise I would only have 2 Arsenal players going into the double.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

I have no qualms about taking a hit this week, given that Arsenal have a strong fixture. I didn't see any merit in waiting what with the fixtures of the three I've lost, and I'm pretty confident I should comfortably make up the 4 points. I'm guessing plenty of people have a similar stance.

White Tiger
Grumpy Old Man

Post by White Tiger »

Cameron :arrow: Miliband :?

icefish
Treebeard

Post by icefish »

Sterling :arrow: Özil

Probably going to save my other transfer until next week.

Triggy
Treebeard

Post by Triggy »

White Tiger wrote:Cameron :arrow: Miliband :?
I think most people are holding off on this transfer up front. Sturgeon looks like a popular transfer in for Balls or for Alexander though.

topcat24
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FISO Premier League H2H Winner 2013/14

Post by topcat24 »

Stirling :arrow: Sanchez done
waiting on Chelsea presser to see if Hazard is back from his holiday as will be either him or Fabregas :arrow: Silva

kk72
Kevin and Perry

Post by kk72 »

Trailing ML by 20 odd points (after leading for most of the season!), 1FT this week.

With Fab, Haz & Sterling sitting in my midfield ,I didn't want Sterling this week but also didn't want both Chelsea mids so decided on a hit. Didn't have the funds for Sanchez + Ozil/Ramsey.

Haz :arrow: Sanchez
Sterling :arrow: Cazorla

Fingers crossed Hazard stays on that beach for another week or three :-)

Terry Henry
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: See me after class!

Post by Terry Henry »

Looking to get Silva in but for who?

Hazard / Fabregas / Sterling / Sanchez

Other Mid is Henderson who I can't afford the transfer for. Seeing as I already have another Liverpool player it seems logical to go for Sterling, but with Hazard maybe not playing and Chelsea already with the title would it be mad to drop him or Fab?

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Fabregas :arrow: Sanchez done.

Mulling over using another free to downgrade Henderson to an enabler to allow me to do Coutinho :arrow: Ozil/Ramsey/Cazorla for the double next week, but I suppose I might as well wait until next week to do both.

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner 2013 TFC T20 wickets league; Winner 2012 F1 Fantasyracers.com. Winner Mirror FF Free League 2014/15. 6th TFC T20 runs 2016.

Post by The Catman »

MoSe wrote:
Stemania wrote:
MoSe wrote:Your standard everyday MoSeings.
(The 16pt hit is absolutely crackers though.)
kk72 wrote:MoSe - Bonkers to take a 16pt hit, but it's the crazy end of the season right. Hope it works out.
well, it comforted me that a vet like The Catman took a -20p hit in GW34
http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/ ... istory/34/ viewtopic.php?p=2699591#p2699591
and our headmod Vid himself a -16p one in GW33 http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/ ... istory/33/

stuboy too took a -20p in GW22 http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/ ... istory/22/
but he said that was a holiday glitch :)
Luckily the -20 "worked" for me in that I moved up over 4000 places to 26000th - but I took out Sigi and lost his 13 pts :roll:

KTBFFH
FISOhead
FS Record: 636th (2014/15)

Post by KTBFFH »

Decided to play my WC this week and I'm having a nightmare. Is it madness to keep Vardy for the rest of the season (alongside Aguero and Giroud)? It certainly doesn't feel great. Ramsey really throwing a spanner in the works.

I know it's probably terribly poor form to do this, but I am a bit desperate. If anyone has time to have a look at my thread, I will be forever grateful - viewtopic.php?f=99&t=116333

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

KTBFFH wrote:Is it madness to keep Vardy for the rest of the season (alongside Aguero and Giroud)? It certainly doesn't feel great.
see the above quote... I've been even "madder" as I brought him in for the rest of the season (alongside Aguero and Giroud indeed) in place of Kane, as only way to afford Sanche and Silva, and took 4 hits too on top of it in the process :lol:

KTBFFH
FISOhead

Post by KTBFFH »

MoSe wrote:
KTBFFH wrote:Is it madness to keep Vardy for the rest of the season (alongside Aguero and Giroud)? It certainly doesn't feel great.
see the above quote... I've been even "madder" as I brought him in for the rest of the season (alongside Aguero and Giroud indeed) in place of Kane, as only way to afford Sanche and Silva, and took 4 hits too on top of it in the process :lol:
Haha, that's excellent :D I saw your post suggesting you might, but didn't know you actually pulled the trigger. Makes me feel a little more confident in it, for sure!

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

KTBFFH wrote: If anyone has time to have a look at my thread, I will be forever grateful - viewtopic.php?f=99&t=116333
I am worried about keeping Vardy for the rest of the season, but I think I'd be more worried about not having Sanchez.
I'm in the top 1600 and the top of my mini leagues so at this point I'm just trying to hold on.
I had something similar, to spend for Sanchez I needed to downgrade elsewhere, and Vardy is one of the cheap options I had. I see that your two plans require you to chose between Kane/Vardy... and I did Kane :arrow: Vardy indeed
Is Sanchez worth his cost and such consequences?
You're in the top2k while I'm barely around 300k, so I'm afraid I've no better insight on this than you could have yourself, good luck mate :)

KTBFFH
FISOhead

Post by KTBFFH »

MoSe wrote:I had something similar, to spend for Sanchez I needed to downgrade elsewhere, and Vardy is one of the cheap options I had. I see that your two plans require you to chose between Kane/Vardy... and I did Kane :arrow: Vardy indeed
Is Sanchez worth his cost and such consequences?
You're in the top2k while I'm barely around 300k, so I'm afraid I've no better insight on this than you could have yourself, good luck mate :)
No, that is very helpful indeed. It's good to know you're not crazy to be doing something (or at least not along in being crazy :lol: ) Thanks mate.

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

one thing that made me wary:

Sanchez scores since Xmas (omitting absence/blanks)

10 1 2 19 3 2 3 3 8 2 2 13 3 3 15

5 "hauls" (more or less) in 15 games, that's one every 3rd game on average
PPG in those 5 games: 13p !
PPG in the other 10: 2.4p
PPG over all 15: ~ 6p

someone posted more than once this season, that at the end of the season you care for the total, not for the consistency
a player who gets 10 2 2 2 10 = 26 is worth more than one who gives you 5 3 5 3 5 = 21

here Arsenal play 4 more games, will he get one or two >3p scores?
6 PPG would give 24
even if he gets 3 2 16 3 (considering 2+16=18 is the DGW where I'd captain him) it would be OK for me :D

do we risk he might instead get just, say 5 2 8 2?
it could be possible too, and 17p for 11.3m you might consider wheter you might get better returns with the other plan

you should run some simulations, based on some Points Projections you trust, or just your own estimate and judgement

KTBFFH
FISOhead

Post by KTBFFH »

I've never actually run any such simulations. It's a good call. I think I've just been very lucky this season, but this is a massive decision and needs actual thought, which I will give it tonight. The Friday night of winners!

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

KTBFFH wrote:I think I've just been very lucky this season
FPL ranking -KTBFFH.png
I think you must have some natural skill too (which I of course lack :wink: )
always in top 10K since october in your rookie season, that's remarkable by any means

is there any reason you didn't join "the FISO forum" league this season?
you'd be 38th there... even if you do just it now with 3 GW left (code here) I don't think you'd offend or annoy anyone at this point :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

KTBFFH
FISOhead

Post by KTBFFH »

Wow, I have no idea how you just did that! I also didn't know about that league. I am a massive newbie to fantasy football I'm afraid :oops: But thank you for your kind words!

These simulator sites.. can you recommend one? Sorry, I know I'm probably taking us off the original topic here..

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

no, for simualtions I meant just checking/estimating which range of points will your different plans yield till the end of ther season

FFS has Points Projections, but you need to be a member to access that, I'm not and I don't think it's worth to spend 10£ for that now with just 3 GW left

FFFix is for free, but sometimes their projections seem a bit off
http://www.fantasyfootballfix.com/assistant_manager/
  • (other times instead they work imho, despite many scoff at them - they allowed me to captain Kane over Kun in GW30 where he got 17p, and it sparked a heated debate here in that GW Captain thread, where gurus mainteined those who captained Kane had been just lucky as beforehand it was a mathematically wrong decision -- well, FFFix algorithm got it, so they must have been using the "right math", while fiso gurus must've been using the "wrong math" ;) )

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Mignolet & Rémy :arrow: Ospina & Giroud (probably)

slyger
FISOhead

Post by slyger »

so I'm stuck with a bit of a dilemma. Do I transfer out Sterling -> Ozil and Henderson -> Silva or Sterling -> Sanchez and Hazard -> Silva? both would be for a 4 point hit. I'm first in my mini league but the guy in 2nd has Sanchez which scares me a bit. I suppose I could do a straight Sterling -> Silva and then the following gw Silva -> Sanchez and not take a hit as well. I just don't love that I would then be stuck playing Henderson, Boyd, or Siggy

To add to my post - I've got Aquero, Giroud, and Kane up top. The guy in 2nd has Giroud, Kane, Benteke

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”