To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Chelsea players for the rest of the season

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
MartyBhoy7
Grumpy Old Man

Chelsea players for the rest of the season

Post by MartyBhoy7 »

With Chelsea wrapping up the league today, do you think any of their players might get a rest in the last few games?

Looking at the remaining fixtures, they play Liverpool who are still going for the top four and Sunderland on the last day who are in the relegation mix so I'm sure they will be under pressure from other managers to make sure they play a strong team.

Could Hazard or Terry get a rest in the next few games or will they play a full strength team with no CL or FA Cup final coming up?

MartyBhoy7
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Chelsea players for the rest of the season

Post by MartyBhoy7 »

Terry has played every minute of every game, so he may want to see that through now otherwise he'd be one you'd think might get an extended rest.

The Dazzler
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 9th overall in FPL 2005/06, 50th 2010/11, 288th 2014/15

Post by The Dazzler »

Filipe Luis and Zouma I think should get games, I guess that would be bad for Azpil + Cahill. Cuadrado might get some game time. Presumably Remy, Dominic Solanke. Loftus-Cheek maybe.
Everyone and anyone could be subject to being rested but Hazard was mentioned as being fatigued so he's a definite possibility.

RidleyMTB
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RidleyMTB »

Tempted to sell Hazard, as I don't own Silva. I think Hazard will get a rest after the Liverpool game.

jonhoggy
FISOhead
FS Record: 7528

Post by jonhoggy »

I also think the West Brom game will bring a few changes and they will be back to regulars for last game. I have JT, Hazard and Fabregas and currently only plan to sell Fab.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

I have Terry and Hazard and think I'll be holding both. There may be a bit of rotation with the fringe players around the 'core' of the team to give the young/ new players a run out, but I'm not sure why the need to rest players at this stage of the season. Rest them for what exactly? They have a nice long one coming up in a few weeks...

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

Notned wrote:I have Terry and Hazard and think I'll be holding both. There may be a bit of rotation with the fringe players around the 'core' of the team to give the young/ new players a run out, but I'm not sure why the need to rest players at this stage of the season. Rest them for what exactly? They have a nice long one coming up in a few weeks...
If Maureen omits any of his regulars in the final 3 games, it won't be to 'rest' them, it will be to give the squad players some game time. I will be keeping Hazard as it would just be too risky to sell him. May consider selling Terry though.

ctibbits
Dumbledore
FS Record: Won "The Bet" 2014/15

Post by ctibbits »

Agree that only in the last game that the "usual" starting XI will feature (with the exception of Courtois). Not worth the 4 pt hits to get them out for two games though at this stage.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

I'm probably just going to hold (Terry and Hazard) and hope for the best. Mourinho hinted in his post-match interview that it would be unprofessional for them to make life easier for teams chasing Europe or battling relegation. The WBA game is a slight concern though as they will likely have nothing to play for.

jonhoggy
FISOhead
FS Record: 7528

Post by jonhoggy »

I hope this is a wind up but Hazard posted an Instagram of himself in holiday mode..
https://instagram.com/p/2V3cJGkm6p/

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Somehow I don't think Mourinho would ease up. Surely he wants his team playing like champions three more games, since they have nothing else to play anymore. Also I think he wants to keep his excellent home record clean.

But then again he handed players four days off, which is already surprising and easing up a bit. On the other hand four days rest shouldn't affect their match fitness that much, surely the players were not allowed to party all day :lol:

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

Journo on Twitter quoted Mourinho as saying "it's not true" that he gave the squad 4 days off.

Either way, I think it would be a mistake to assume anything about how Mourinho will play the rest of the season.

ctibbits
Dumbledore

Post by ctibbits »

Of course we don't know but I think the history of them winning in 2005 is something to go off of. Wide sweeping changes for the last two matches. I am no more knowledgeable than anyone else on the subject but for what it is worth I expect this line up for the weekend. Cech, Ivanovic, Zouma, Terry, Luis, Mikel, Ramires, Cuardrado, Fabregas, Willian, Remy. Unless Oscar is ruled fit in which case I think he replaces Fabregas.

Crooker
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Crooker »

This article suggests Mourinho is going for every point available...
http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-ne ... -work.html

ctibbits
Dumbledore

Post by ctibbits »

ctibbits wrote:Of course we don't know but I think the history of them winning in 2005 is something to go off of. Wide sweeping changes for the last two matches. I am no more knowledgeable than anyone else on the subject but for what it is worth I expect this line up for the weekend. Cech, Ivanovic, Zouma, Terry, Luis, Mikel, Ramires, Cuardrado, Fabregas, Willian, Remy. Unless Oscar is ruled fit in which case I think he replaces Fabregas.
Not too terribly far off...Courtois; Ivanovic, Zouma, Terry (c), Filipe Luis; Mikel, Loftus-Cheek; Willian, Fabregas, Hazard; Remy Very surprised that there is no Cech or Cuardrado though.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

So all the Hazard rotation talk appears to be much ado about nothing then, at least for now. Happy to see him start, and even more happy to see Terry score already. Coupled with Aguero (C) and Silva, I think it's safe to say I am enjoying todays games...

RidleyMTB
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RidleyMTB »

I'd be more worried if Hazard was rested today, as it would probably have meant he'd play next week but still think there is a good chance he won't start next week.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

“In the last game against Sunderland I will play the players who have played the most minutes this season. They were the base of the team that won the title. But against West Brom, on Monday night, as they are safe and no other team is affected, I will play Loftus-Cheek, Nathan Ake and also Izzy Brown."
- Mourinho

http://www.london24.com/sport/football/ ... _1_4068122

Oatfedgoat
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 573rd in FPL 09/10. 176pts in DGW22 of 09/10.

Post by Oatfedgoat »

It's pretty obvious really, but hopefully it will stop the scaremongers on here saying Chelsea players = rotation risk.

Is Fab looking in better form than Hazard recently?
At the cheaper price, he will most likely be possible to get without a -4 by exchanging for one of the Arsenal mids.

Dialted
Treebeard

Post by Dialted »

Courtois (myhill as backup), Terry and Hazard.

All pretty safe from rotation I'd imagine, except if Cech plays one last game.

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

thesilkworm wrote:
“In the last game against Sunderland I will play the players who have played the most minutes this season. They were the base of the team that won the title. But against West Brom, on Monday night, as they are safe and no other team is affected, I will play Loftus-Cheek, Nathan Ake and also Izzy Brown."
- Mourinho

Anyone know where those youngsters play and how likely this is to affect the starting positions of highly owned Chelsea players (Terry, Haz etc)?

Terry Henry
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: See me after class!

Post by Terry Henry »

I'm tempted to get rid of Hazard or Febregas in order to get in Aguero for Bentekke. Madness? I just can't not have Aguero anymore.

MurfDawg
Kevin and Perry

Post by MurfDawg »

“The same with the likes of Cesc Fabregas, Eden Hazard and Willian. They have played too much.

The above is the important part for me, Hazard is likely to see reduced minutes at West Brom.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Currently have Hazard and Fabregas, need to take one out to bring in a second Arsenal mid and tempted to bench the other v West Brom. Main problem is I can't decide who to transfer out - I thought Fab looked the more dangerous of the two yesterday, but given Hazard's ownership it feels a big gamble to take him out. What do you guys think?

RidleyMTB
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RidleyMTB »

Aldershot Rejects wrote:Currently have Hazard and Fabregas, need to take one out to bring in a second Arsenal mid and tempted to bench the other v West Brom. Main problem is I can't decide who to transfer out - I thought Fab looked the more dangerous of the two yesterday, but given Hazard's ownership it feels a big gamble to take him out. What do you guys think?
If it were me, I would sell Hazard out of those 2. Fab has had more rests this season so far and he looked back to his best yesterday in the number 10 role.

I sold Hazard last week and it paid off nicely. I want him back for the last game of the season though...

firestarter197
FISOhead
FS Record: FPL 3,002 in 2011/12, 6,583 in 2017/18

Post by firestarter197 »

MPTree wrote:
thesilkworm wrote:
- Mourinho

Anyone know where those youngsters play and how likely this is to affect the starting positions of highly owned Chelsea players (Terry, Haz etc)?
Loftus Cheek would be threatening the game time of Matic/Mikel. Fab looks to continue playing in the hole with Oscar out so his minutes looks safer. Ake can also play a defensive midfielder, in addition to LB and CB so he could step in for Luis, with Ivan RB (or even Azpi playing RB, considering the Serb was unimpressive yesterday). Think Terry should be safe as CB, though he too was pictured going on a holiday. Brown plays up front or on the wing so he could come in for Hazard, with Cuadrado on the other wing perhaps.

In fairness, we've rarely seen any of these lads play so it's very hard to know how exactly Mourinho plans on fielding them.

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

John Terry gone of on a mini break i see.

redcat1
Grumpy Old Man

Post by redcat1 »

Like a few posts above I have Fabregas and Hazard. Likely to take out Hazard as reckon Fabregas might want to break Henry's assist record

Detroit City FC
Treebeard

Post by Detroit City FC »

Given Jose's statements it seems Azpilicueta should start GW38. How do you reckon his chances on starting this week?

ctibbits
Dumbledore

Post by ctibbits »

Detroit City FC wrote:Given Jose's statements it seems Azpilicueta should start GW38. How do you reckon his chances on starting this week?
Cant really be certain but Ivanovic looked very leggy Sunday and most people forget that Azpilicueta is a RB that Mourinho play sat LB. So he could easily play and give Ivanovic the day off if needed.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”