To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Sunderland players for DGW?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
mitchyg1980
FISOhead

Re: Sunderland players for DGW?

Post by mitchyg1980 »

Pretty annoyed as wasted 4 points bringing in Gomez. Won't be changing for anyone else though & will just have to play Benteke instead. If Ramsey doesn't play I've lost 2 DGw'ers

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner 2013 TFC T20 wickets league; Winner 2012 F1 Fantasyracers.com. Winner Mirror FF Free League 2014/15. 6th TFC T20 runs 2016.

Post by The Catman »

swadd1er wrote:Sky Sports News HQ ‏@SkySportsNewsHQ 15m15 minutes ago
Jordi Gomez will miss Sunderland's final three games of the season after midfielder fractured his kneecap in training. Wes Brown and Jack Rodwell are also out of Sunderland's game against Leicester tomorrow #SSNHQ
Thanks - made last weeks transfer a waste...

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

So has Adam Johnson become a good option now, could have penalty duty, and his court case has been move to Monday (It was previously Wednesday). Will his court case be a distraction, is he completely match fit and psychologically in the zone, and is he nailed on?

I think he might be a little risky, as I don't think he is even guaranteed minutes.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Haven't found myself tempted by any of the attacking options as the week has progressed, so will just be going with PVA and Pants as planned, myself.

stripes1973
Grumpy Old Man

Post by stripes1973 »

Pleased I didn't pick Gomez then, :D

tiotom92
Treebeard

Post by tiotom92 »

TheMightyTorres wrote:Kane>Defoe anyone? Spurs genuinely look like they're playing to avoid the Europa league now.
Yep, hoping it goes better than the last time I brought Defoe in..

Razzler
FISOhead

Post by Razzler »

Thought about Kane to Defoe but don't want Defoe for final game, rather have Benteke and Kane IS playing Hull ... this could be like a twitching corpse from Kane and some final points before the season ends!

d_manager
Treebeard

Post by d_manager »

which defender would you bring in from sunderland at 4.7m or less? I'm really not sure who the best option is and which ones are sure starters at this point in the season. I already have PVA so everyne apart from him

Razzler
FISOhead

Post by Razzler »

Well, I have O'Shea and he should be back today and play both games

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Am I the only one giving Sunderland a miss - it seems to make no sense to have 2/3 Arsenal attackers and then to play Sunderland defenders and I just can't see them scoring many goals?

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Aldershot Rejects wrote:Am I the only one giving Sunderland a miss - it seems to make no sense to have 2/3 Arsenal attackers and then to play Sunderland defenders and I just can't see them scoring many goals?
I agree with the latter point, and that is why I am steering clear of the attackers. As for the former, I guess people are targetting defensive returns against Leicester; I actually fancy them to get something there. Mainly though, the two most popular defensive options will be selected with returns outside of CS points in mind; attacking threat for PVA and save points for Pantilimon. That's certainly the case for me, anyway.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Notned wrote:
Aldershot Rejects wrote:Am I the only one giving Sunderland a miss - it seems to make no sense to have 2/3 Arsenal attackers and then to play Sunderland defenders and I just can't see them scoring many goals?
I agree with the latter point, and that is why I am steering clear of the attackers. As for the former, I guess people are targetting defensive returns against Leicester; I actually fancy them to get something there. Mainly though, the two most popular defensive options will be selected with returns outside of CS points in mind; attacking threat for PVA and save points for Pantilimon. That's certainly the case for me, anyway.
We'll see. Leicester have been just about the most free scoring team in the league over the past month and I suspect their style of play will cause Sunderland big problems. I do get PVAs attraction, although if Sunderland are not scoring many goals then the attacking threat doesn't convert to points. I guess if you have a free transfer then it may work out but I'm surprised how many people are taking hits.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Aldershot Rejects wrote:
Notned wrote:
We'll see. Leicester have been just about the most free scoring team in the league over the past month and I suspect their style of play will cause Sunderland big problems. I do get PVAs attraction, although if Sunderland are not scoring many goals then the attacking threat doesn't convert to points. I guess if you have a free transfer then it may work out but I'm surprised how many people are taking hits.
This is true. For what it's worth I agree in that I wouldn't have taken a hit for a Sunderland player. I already had PVA though, and brought in Pantilimon for Foster for free, so seemed an easy decision for me.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Top 10k ownership:

Pantilimon 36.5%
van Aanholt 58.9%

Larsson 7.8%
Gomez 4.5% (injured)

Defoe 12.9%
Wickham 4.3%
Graham 1.3% !!

(Everyone else under 1%)

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Notned wrote:
Aldershot Rejects wrote:
Notned wrote:
This is true. For what it's worth I agree in that I wouldn't have taken a hit for a Sunderland player. I already had PVA though, and brought in Pantilimon for Foster for free, so seemed an easy decision for me.
All going well on the Pantilimon/PVA front so far.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore

Shows how much I know :) In my defence, if I'd have bought a Sunderland defender in it would have cost 4 points and I'd have probably transferred Rose out.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Aldershot Rejects wrote:Shows how much I know :) In my defence, if I'd have bought a Sunderland defender in it would have cost 4 points and I'd have probably transferred Rose out.
Still worked out well enough for you then mate. Win win all round!

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore

Yes, I guess so unless Sunderland go and get a clean sheet at Arsenal.

DrBunker
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISODAS season 21 Premiership champion

Post by DrBunker »

That really would put the cat amongst the pigeons.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Can't see it. Was always about this game for me. Only thing I'm really expecting from the Arsenal game is possible save points.

Razzler
FISOhead

Post by Razzler »

Oooooo that was a bit tidy

Had a feeling on a 0-0 today. Had O'Shea but brought in PVa for the useless Moreno to free up money too. Just felt a draw would suit them both. Have Schlupp too but not brave enough to have an all Sunderland-Leicester defence so Terry is the 3rd and now almost certain to concede :p

Whatever happens against Arsenal now is a bonus but that's a handy mini-block and a rare occasion of things working out well

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Notned wrote:Can't see it. Was always about this game for me. Only thing I'm really expecting from the Arsenal game is possible save points.
Panti conceding 3, and saving 6 = 2 -1 + 2 = 3p where do I sign?
and PvA assist, so it cancels CS for all those who have Arse Ospi/Defs :P

Biscuitman
FISOhead
FS Record: 10th TFFO 2009/10

Post by Biscuitman »

No bonus for Pantilimon, despite outstanding performance against Arsenal. Whereas Bellerin is awarded bps. Something wrong somewhere. Don't know the rules, but assume this bp allocation is worked out by a computer - or an Arsenal fan?

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

by an A.I. : Arsenal Intelligence ;)

it's been discussed in the FPL Pubtalk sticky topic

Biscuitman
FISOhead
FS Record: 10th TFFO 2009/10

Post by Biscuitman »

Thanks for pointing out where that discussion is, MoSe. I'm all in favour of making the bps objective, and the system has improved. But I do think it needs tweaking, especially with these 0-0 affairs where one team's primary objective is not to concede, rather than to go up the other end and score. Tough to programme a computer in advance to recognise that objective though (except last night, where it would not have been). Maybe the system should take into account the quality of the opposition - eg defenders in a bottom-half team who contribute to getting a result at a top 5 team should be better able to get bps when they succeed.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”