To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Sunderland players for DGW?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Sunderland players for DGW?

Post by thesilkworm »

He's started every game since he joined so no reason to believe he wouldn't. Seems like a good option.

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

I'm considering Danny Graham

TheMightyTorres
Treebeard
FS Record: 4643 14/15

Post by TheMightyTorres »

Kane>Defoe anyone? Spurs genuinely look like they're playing to avoid the Europa league now.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

If I could do it for free I'd consider it, but need to use my 1 FT on my third Arsenal player.

Part of me thinks though that Spurs surely can't be that bad again, and they'll want to play well for their last home game of the season against a poor Hull team.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Re: RE: Re: Sunderland players for DGW?

Post by Stemania »

gooberman wrote:I'm considering Danny Graham
You do realise that was his first ever Sunderland goal, in game twenty something? And it was a fluke at that.

ruudy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ruudy »

Is Southampton's Davis out then? I'll probably rellace with Panti if this is the case

SunderMan
Wideboy

Post by SunderMan »

gooberman wrote:I'm considering Danny Graham
I really wouldn't!

MurfDawg
Kevin and Perry

Post by MurfDawg »

Would you play PVA and Pantillimon if you had both? Bit risky doubling up?

Razzler
FISOhead

Post by Razzler »

I would do Kane to Defoe but am leading my ML and it's still home to Hull for Kane ... too risky

Had O'Shea for what seems like forever with this DGW in mind. He's sitting there on the bench, nevermind, he'll come in, that's one transfer I don't have to make ... gets injured week before :p

Supposed to be back but who knows? May bring in PvA as well anyway for giggles!

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

MurfDawg wrote:Would you play PVA and Pantillimon if you had both? Bit risky doubling up?
I don't really see it as risky. With clean sheet potential probably at a premium (although possible against Leicester), you are essentially playing them for save points and attacking returns, which are independent of each other.

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

Think Sunderland and Leicester could be a 0-0, both i think would be happy with the point. Though Leicester have the better GW 38, fixture.

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

I thought about Pants, but I think the GW38 fixture for Sunderland (Chelsea away) makes bringing him in a bit questionable, unless you have another keeper to cover for him for the last week. It's worth noting that Myhill has Arsenal away in GW38, so having a keeper for that final week who is not Myhill or Pants would be ideal.

DrBunker
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISODAS season 21 Premiership champion

Post by DrBunker »

ruudy wrote:Is Southampton's Davis out then? I'll probably rellace with Panti if this is the case
No, as I understand it Koeman just wanted to try out both sub GKs in full games. Very unhelpful if you've got Davis.

DrBunker
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISODAS season 21 Premiership champion

Post by DrBunker »

ruudy wrote:Is Southampton's Davis out then? I'll probably rellace with Panti if this is the case
No, as I understand it Koeman just wanted to try out both sub GKs in full games. Very unhelpful if you've got Davis.

Detroit City FC
Treebeard

Post by Detroit City FC »

I have Pants and bringing in another player would require taking a hit (FT on Silva/Hazard -> Sanchez). I'm chasing 13 pts my ML (with Bellerin/Ozil vs his Sanchez today) so the stakes are high.

Options
Forward - Pickem between the Defoe/Graham/Wickham trio. Requires losing Kane (or Aguero/Benteke ha!) and his game at home against Hull. Kane is likely out for Vardy next week so Sunderland's GW38 fixture isn't a concern. Rival has Kane/Austin/Benteke so this spot is a key blocker/differential opportunity.

Midfield - Gomez and his pens has emerged as the main option here but Larsson is also on the radar. I could swap them in for Colback in the 5th MF spot and bench Henderson(CRY) this week.

defence - PVA is the only attacking threat and thus the only consideration. My defence is in a bit of a bother at the moment with Bellerin, Skrtel(CRY/sto), Azpilicueta(great fixtures but a rotation risk now), (Dawson(CHE/ars), Hutton(not starting). The question is, would it be worth the hit to swap out Dawson and move Skrtel to the bench as cover for another Azpil rest?

If I had to rank the options right now it'd be Forward>>defence >>>>>> Midfield. Lots to ponder this week :)

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Detroit City FC wrote:I have Pants and bringing in another player would require taking a hit (FT on Silva/Hazard -> Sanchez). I'm chasing 13 pts my ML (with Bellerin/Ozil vs his Sanchez today) so the stakes are high.

Options
Forward - Pickem between the Defoe/Graham/Wickham trio. Requires losing Kane (or Aguero/Benteke ha!) and his game at home against Hull. Kane is likely out for Vardy next week so Sunderland's GW38 fixture isn't a concern. Rival has Kane/Austin/Benteke so this spot is a key blocker/differential opportunity.

Midfield - Gomez and his pens has emerged as the main option here but Larsson is also on the radar. I could swap them in for Colback in the 5th MF spot and bench Henderson(CRY) this week.

defence - PVA is the only attacking threat and thus the only consideration. My defence is in a bit of a bother at the moment with Bellerin, Skrtel(CRY/sto), Azpilicueta(great fixtures but a rotation risk now), (Dawson(CHE/ars), Hutton(not starting). The question is, would it be worth the hit to swap out Dawson and move Skrtel to the bench as cover for another Azpil rest?

If I had to rank the options right now it'd be Forward>>defence >>>>>> Midfield. Lots to ponder this week :)
Hutton :arrow: PVA. Hands down, in my opinion.

Kane has Hull at home, so I would probably back him to outscore a Sunderland striker even with two games (one of which is away at Arsenal. Albeit I do quite like the puntiness of Defoe, in a way), and Henderson has a good chance of returns against a stuttering Palace too.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

RidleyMTB wrote:I'm thinking about this too Mav. What's putting me of is it rules out the third Arsenal attacking player, which is riskyrisky, seeing as so many are going that route. At least Ospina should be nailed on and that is attractive.
Yep absolutely. The other factor is what you're planning to do with the GW38 transfer as you could bring in say Kasper in time for them to concede 6 in the last game when Davis comes back in and saves a pen.

Davis was probably only going to pick up 4 points to season end so I need to think if a hit is worth it or if I should just have no keeper for the last two games.

Fairly sure whatever I do will be wrong so don't copy me.

RidleyMTB
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RidleyMTB »

It's boiled down to Ospina v Ramsey. If I go the Ospina route, then I can afford to get Hazard back for Silva GW38 plus I can play Ospina rather than Krul.

Detroit City FC
Treebeard

Post by Detroit City FC »

Notned wrote:Hutton :arrow: PVA. Hands down, in my opinion.

Kane has Hull at home, so I would probably back him to outscore a Sunderland striker even with two games (one of which is away at Arsenal. Albeit I do quite like the puntiness of Defoe, in a way), and Henderson has a good chance of returns against a stuttering Palace too.
Any other point in the season I'd agree but with only two GWs left, Hutton is just a 4.2 roster filler. I'd get an extra .2 itb from swapping Dawson.

TriXaM
FISOhead

Post by TriXaM »

Detroit City FC wrote:
Notned wrote:Hutton :arrow: PVA. Hands down, in my opinion.

Any other point in the season I'd agree but with only two GWs left, Hutton is just a 4.2 roster filler. I'd get an extra .2 itb from swapping Dawson.
My concern about roster fillers are that they may well be needed for the final gameweek of the season where anything could happen regarding team places and managers giving other players a run out. Not sure if I should be worried about this or not, but it seems like a real possibility :?:

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: Sunderland players for DGW?

Post by eastcentral1 »

RidleyMTB wrote:
Notned wrote:Will most likely bring in Pantimillon this week, alongside PVA who I already own. Nobody else really appeals.
This. Probably for a hit.
Probably this as well.

I have Kun, Giroud and Benteke, so I'm not going to mess with that. Need to think about the midfielders closely, and if they're worth a hit.

Jasonings
Kevin and Perry

Post by Jasonings »

Pantillimon and Van Aanholt, It's not worth having a third player in as I'm planning on shipping at least one out ahead of the Chelsea clash.

icefish
Treebeard

Post by icefish »

Considering punting on Defoe.

stripes1973
Grumpy Old Man

Post by stripes1973 »

Already got 3 arsenal players & pants pva but thinking of taking a hit to either get larsson or Gomez, larsson on free kicks, Gomez on pens not sure which one to get. Currently 47pts behind in works league so with 2 weeks left worth taking a risk to catch up or should I leave well alone.

Arseshavin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Arseshavin »

Is Gomez or Larsson a better option than Coutinho this week and if so, who is best to get? I was going to save the transfer and upgrade Vardy to Benteke next week and get a cheapie for Coutinho, but it seems apt a Sunderland player may be a better option this week.

Any thoughts?

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner 2013 TFC T20 wickets league; Winner 2012 F1 Fantasyracers.com. Winner Mirror FF Free League 2014/15. 6th TFC T20 runs 2016.

Post by The Catman »

PvA, Pants and Gomez

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

Sky Sports News HQ ‏@SkySportsNewsHQ 15m15 minutes ago
Jordi Gomez will miss Sunderland's final three games of the season after midfielder fractured his kneecap in training. Wes Brown and Jack Rodwell are also out of Sunderland's game against Leicester tomorrow #SSNHQ

t88
Treebeard

Post by t88 »

swadd1er wrote:Sky Sports News HQ ‏@SkySportsNewsHQ 15m15 minutes ago
Jordi Gomez will miss Sunderland's final three games of the season after midfielder fractured his kneecap in training. Wes Brown and Jack Rodwell are also out of Sunderland's game against Leicester tomorrow #SSNHQ
Very interesting news as Gomez was one of the few I considered bringing in. Who will be on penalties for Sunderland with Gomez not playing?

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

I'd imagine Johnson/Wickham depending who's on the pitch.

djskope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by djskope »

swadd1er wrote:Sky Sports News HQ ‏@SkySportsNewsHQ 15m15 minutes ago
Jordi Gomez will miss Sunderland's final three games of the season after midfielder fractured his kneecap in training.
F#@&ing great. I am sooo gifted. I've managed to jinx my DGW transfer with another totally foreseeable mid-week training injury to make a lovely matching pair with my Remy shambles. Even wish I'd kept that point-shy strumpet Downing now. He's aiming to get double figures this week just to spite me :) Not HP. :x :cry: :x

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”