To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Sunderland players for DGW?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
The Catman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner 2013 TFC T20 wickets league; Winner 2012 F1 Fantasyracers.com. Winner Mirror FF Free League 2014/15. 6th TFC T20 runs 2016.

Sunderland players for DGW?

Post by The Catman »

Already have Pantillimon and van Aanholt, but considering a third Sunderland player for the double, is anyone else bothering?

Defoe, Wickham, Larsson, Gomez??

Final game is Che (a) so it would be for just the dgw...

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Re: Sunderland players for DGW?

Post by Mav3rick »

I'm thinking of just PvA, but closer to the time I'm sure which ever strikers are in form will get some investment. A lot probably depends on how Sunderland react to this weeks results over GW35 and 36. If they start fighting and scoring goals then I'm sure there will be plenty of interest.

um09a2k
Grumpy Old Man

Post by um09a2k »

Will already have PVA, but currently monitoring Wickham who's showing decent form.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Have PVA, and may potentially add Pantillimon, but that will most likely be it, barring a burst in goalscoring form from Defoe/ Wickham.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

I've left a space for any of their midfielders just in case (6.1m I believe), but any such player would have to really catch fire in the next couple of weeks to convince me. I'd rather just have someone like Kane than a Sunderland striker, and wouldn't want to double up on their defence.

So probably just the PVA for me.

RidleyMTB
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RidleyMTB »

Currently own PVA. Might get another if I have a spare transfer.

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

Already have Pantillimon and may consider adding either PVA or Defoe.

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

Will most likely get PVA in for someone closer to the time.

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

Current plan is to get the Pants Man in alongside PvA. But I probably wouldn't bother if I didn't need to free up funds for my 3rd Arsenal spot.

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner 2013 TFC T20 wickets league; Winner 2012 F1 Fantasyracers.com. Winner Mirror FF Free League 2014/15. 6th TFC T20 runs 2016.

Post by The Catman »

MPTree wrote:Current plan is to get the Pants Man in alongside PvA. But I probably wouldn't bother if I didn't need to free up funds for my 3rd Arsenal spot.
Getting Gomez or Larsson would free me up some funds for Sanchez

TheChairLeg
Red & Blue Braces

Post by TheChairLeg »

Who's more explosive out of Gomez and Larsson? Gomez posted a big score this week but they were both pens which I'd have thought Sunderland don't get too many of. Larsson seems to only score from free kicks which, whiles he's pretty good at them, no player scores them too frequently. Seems to be a 'hit-and-hoper' to me.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

I actually fancied getting Larsson earlier in the season, so I am edging towards him if I do get a Sunderland midfielder. Just from how I rate Larsson as a player I'd like to back him.

Larsson seems to create slightly more, but Gómez has been more of a goal threat recently and even with the penalties removed they would have a similar amount of shots in and out the box over the last 4 games they've played in. Gómez is also shorter odds to score anytime for the next game (on PaddyPower).

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

The Catman wrote:
MPTree wrote:Current plan is to get the Pants Man in alongside PvA. But I probably wouldn't bother if I didn't need to free up funds for my 3rd Arsenal spot.
Getting Gomez or Larsson would free me up some funds for Sanchez
Already have Sanchez - looking for funds to bring in Ozil or Ramsey, but you're quite right, I could bring in one of those two.

The big question though: is it worth it? The Leicester fixture is nice, for sure, but Sunderland then face Arsenal away followed by Chelsea away in GW38. Does the DGW really make Sunderland options all that attractive? The more I think about it, the more I think I may just stick with PvA and look at alternatives to free up funds for that 3rd Arsenal spot.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

The Sunderland DGW players are hard to justify. Beyond PvA at least as he can be benched in GW38.

I think that a little bit depends on what you plan to do in GW38 as you might be able to swap a Henderson type player to a Sunderland one for 37 and then out again in GW38.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Not sure any of the attacking players are worth it, for the reasons mentioned by MPTree. Not for my team, at least. Come the weekend my midfield will consist of two Arsenal along with Hazard and Silva, so I certainly wouldn't be looking to ship any of them, and Kane faces Hull at home which I would say is preferable to Defoe/Wickham (even with two fixtures) too.

The only other option I would consider in addition to PVA is Pantillimon. It's not inconceivable that he could potentially get a CS against Leicester and save points against Arsenal.

In fact, that will most likely be my GW37 transfer, with Myhill facing Chelsea.

Maradona_Is_God
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Maradona_Is_God »

I've decided that I'm going with a Panti, PvA, and O'Shea defensive block and praying that they keep a clean sheet at home to Leicester. :D

I already have Panti and PvA anyway, and need to ship Bellerin in order to free up a third Arsenal attacking position, so I might as well bring in O'Shea for Bellerin for the DGW.

ctibbits
Dumbledore
FS Record: Won "The Bet" 2014/15

Post by ctibbits »

Maradona_Is_God wrote:I've decided that I'm going with a Panti, PvA, and O'Shea defensive block and praying that they keep a clean sheet at home to Leicester. :D

I already have Panti and PvA anyway, and need to ship Bellerin in order to free up a third Arsenal attacking position, so I might as well bring in O'Shea for Bellerin for the DGW.
And then you are stuck with that block at Stamford Bridge on the last day of the season when you would expect Chelsea to put on a show piece on celebration day.

Maradona_Is_God
Red & Blue Braces

ctibbits wrote:
Maradona_Is_God wrote:I've decided that I'm going with a Panti, PvA, and O'Shea defensive block and praying that they keep a clean sheet at home to Leicester. :D

And then you are stuck with that block at Stamford Bridge on the last day of the season when you would expect Chelsea to put on a show piece on celebration day.
The current plan is they will all be benched on the last day. As of right now it would mean playing Krul (WHU),Terry (SUN), Moreno (sto), Hutton (BUR).

mitchyg1980
FISOhead

Post by mitchyg1980 »

Seems a common theme but only PvA for now

SunderMan
Wideboy

Post by SunderMan »

Billy Jones will be a good pick.

Been told to push forward a lot under Advocaat. He will get some attacking points before the end of the season.

Maradona_Is_God
Red & Blue Braces

SunderMan wrote:Billy Jones will be a good pick.

Been told to push forward a lot under Advocaat. He will get some attacking points before the end of the season.
Is Jones not subject to rotation though? Any latest injury news on O'Shea?

SunderMan
Wideboy

Post by SunderMan »

Maradona_Is_God wrote:
SunderMan wrote:Billy Jones will be a good pick.

Is Jones not subject to rotation though? Any latest injury news on O'Shea?
Jones has played every minute under Advocaat apart from against West Ham, his first game.

Advocaat has clearly asked the full backs to get up and down the wing and while Reviellere is the better defender, he just hasn't got the legs anymore. He'll play the last 3 barring injury I'm sure.

As for O'Shea he's a doubt for Leicester, but nothing more than that has been said.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Will most likely bring in Pantimillon this week, alongside PVA who I already own. Nobody else really appeals.

RidleyMTB
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RidleyMTB »

Notned wrote:Will most likely bring in Pantimillon this week, alongside PVA who I already own. Nobody else really appeals.
This. Probably for a hit.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Is Pantilimon really worth a hit, bearing in mind that one of his fixtures is Arsenal? I would think that's only worthwhile if you don't have another playing keeper, or maybe one that's got only the slimmest chance of a clean sheet.

RidleyMTB
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RidleyMTB »

I've got Davis and Krul, so might as well have none :lol:

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

thesilkworm wrote:Is Pantilimon really worth a hit, bearing in mind that one of his fixtures is Arsenal? I would think that's only worthwhile if you don't have another playing keeper, or maybe one that's got only the slimmest chance of a clean sheet.
Given that I only have Davis, I am considering doing this. But I'm also considering just bringing in Ospina for free. I think Pantilimon is likely to concede in all three games so I'd be looking to save points. Pretty sure it will be a small gain (over no playing keeper) but Ospina and no -4 could be a superior move.

RidleyMTB
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RidleyMTB »

I'm thinking about this too Mav. What's putting me of is it rules out the third Arsenal attacking player, which is riskyrisky, seeing as so many are going that route. At least Ospina should be nailed on and that is attractive.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

thesilkworm wrote:Is Pantilimon really worth a hit, bearing in mind that one of his fixtures is Arsenal? I would think that's only worthwhile if you don't have another playing keeper, or maybe one that's got only the slimmest chance of a clean sheet.
Would be coming in for free in my case. Wouldn't ordinarily be high on my agenda, but given the double gameweek and Myhill facing Chelsea at home, I think it could be worth it if I have no other pressing matters. Not beyond the realms of possibility that he could potentially get a clean sheet against Leicester and a couple of save points against Arsenal, best case scenario.

supersonic
Red & Blue Braces

Post by supersonic »

I should be approx 10 points off mini league leader by tomorrow. Our teams are so similar i have to take a couple of risks now.

We both have PVA and Panti and 3 x Arsenal. I have to take a chance on a Sunderland attacker who i will transfer out again for final week. Im thinking Murray > Defoe for DGW and swap them back for final week. Besides unforeseen injuries i dont need to do any other transfers as im happy with my team.

Do you guys think Defoe will play both DGW games??

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”