To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Siem de Jong

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Siem de Jong

Post by Sammy the Crab »

Anyone keeping an eye on him?

Was widely tipped pre-season but obviously got injured very early on. He managed 17 mins as a sub yesterday and scored.

I'm thinking he could be a potential Henderson replacement if Liverpool continue to look a little flat.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Re: Siem de Jong

Post by Stemania »

He could be a hugely important fpl player next season for sure.

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: Siem de Jong

Post by Sammy the Crab »

Stemania wrote:He could be a hugely important fpl player next season for sure.
I'm thinking that they need someone to save them this season. He could be a monster differential over the last few games send the fixtures are hardly challenging.

What's his fitness like? Any chance of him starting by GW36?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Re: RE: Re: Siem de Jong

Post by Stemania »

Sammy the Crab wrote: What's his fitness like? Any chance of him starting by GW36?
About what you'd expect after 8 months out I think. He's managed (segments of) a couple of reserve games, but Carver said after yesterdays game that he was a bit nervous about him as he'd only planned 15 mins max and actually played him a little more than that including injury time.

It is probably a big stretch to expect him to be starting next week, so if he's managing anywhere near 90 mins by GW36 I'd be a little surprised.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Newcastle have pretty much switched off though haven't they? He could in theory replace Coutinho in my team for GW36-38 so I'll keep an eye on him, nice idea Sammy.

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

Well they're only on 35pts and are losing every week. They badly need a couple of wins.

I thought I may carry Henderson through till the end but after yesterday I'm having second thoughts. If de Jong is looking like starting by GW36 (Henderson @ Chelsea) and Newcastle still look in trouble then I may take the plunge.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Started the season with him, but injuries put paid to him having any effect. Given his history and playing style though he should be a very good option when fit, in terms of FPL points. I'll definitely be monitoring him for next season, especially at a presumed reduced price..

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

Depending on Newcastles recruitment (both manager and players) in the summer, could De Jong be a potential Sigurdsson alternative?

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Stemania wrote:He could be a hugely important fpl player next season for sure.
Are Championship players being included in next seasons FPL? :roll: :cry:

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Us Newcastle fans should be celebrating - after 15 long months one of our de Jongs has finally scored!

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

swadd1er wrote:Depending on Newcastles recruitment (both manager and players) in the summer, could De Jong be a potential Sigurdsson alternative?
Certainly wouldnt put it past Ashley to flog him to Swansea.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

please be patient with the less informed

before joining FPL this season, the only De Jong I knew about was Nigel

I realise he had a few succesful seasons with Ajax
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siem_de_Jo ... erformance

checked in squawka, who only offer Eredivisie stats for last season
http://tinyurl.com/n6fzgp7
with 7 goals in 19 appearances, he's 17 in the league in GpG, and 19th in Gp90 (to adjust for the fact that he played less games, and only 66'/game on avg)
as comparison with a player who came to PL this season too, Pellè did much better in that season, being 2nd and 4th respectively
true, Squawka list both as forwards, and while Pellè is a forward according FPL too, De Jong is a midfileder here

transfernarkt categorize him as Attcking Midfield
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/siem-de- ... eler/45509
overall at Ajax he got 244 apps, 78 goals, 48 assists, averaging 1 goal every 3 games and 1 Ass every 5
Looking at the detail per season
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/siem-de- ... bewerb/NL1
we see that last season too he missed half the season with 3 different injuries...
ony 12/13 had be a truly full-fledged season
in previous 3 he had missed some games too, and in general he tended to emerge in the 2nd half

taking out his first two teenager seasons (where he scored 3 in 32),
here's a summary

Code: Select all

app   G  A   GpG    Gp90  min  M/app M/goal
13/14  19   7  2   0.37   0.51  1233  64.9  176.1
12/13  34  12  8   0.35   0.36  3016  88.7  251.3
11/12  29  13  9   0.45   0.47  2477  85.4  190.5
10/11  32  12  6   0.38   0.40  2667  83.3  222.3
09/10  23  10  4   0.43   0.57  1577  68.6  157.7 

TOT   137  54 29   0.39   0.44 10970  80.1  203.1
[/size]I reported per 90' & per Minute stats too for those fond of such "niche" indicators... :roll:
which if anything this case reinforces my view that they're not accurate/useful for those who play more than a half per game :P

sure, there are rather good stats
but always to put them in context (on transfermarkt as squawka doesn't go past 13/14)

in 12/13 he wasn't in Eredivisie top 10 for goals scored
he had just 2 more than Chadli (who played onl 25 games tho) and Eriksens (who had 17 assists, more than double)
Bony, Pellè and Altidore (!) scored the double than De Jong, and with less game too (and they had also in-team competition with a 2nd striker scoring 10+, same as in Ajax)
Mertens (who you saw at WC with Belgium and it's not doing bad in Naples now) scored better too

in 11/12
he was 9th for goals, with 1 more than Bony,
and also 9th in G+A, behind Eriksen, tied with Djuricic and barely above Altidore (always to compare him with players who then play/played in PL)

he's also 26 already, that's to say with 5 seasons in a competitive league under his belt he should have already reached his plateau and can't improve much more over that

should he play a full season (?) the above averages would grant him 15 goals and 8 assist
for a midfielder that's worth 15*5 + 8*3 = 75 + 24 = 99p for G+A in FPL
add 2p * 38 = 76 for minutes played and you get to 175p
which is remarkable for a midfielder, and it doesn't count any CS or bonus yet (nor YC tbh)
can we take out 4 or 5 games he might miss for any reason? (knocks, rotation... that is, deliberately IGNORING the fact he proved to be actually rather injury-prone)
that's 10%-13%, we could say 22p down to 152p (prebonus/CS)
as for CS, Newcastle kept 7/34 this season, and bonuses went mainly to Cissé, than Janmaat & Coloccini...
should he take on the top or 2nd scorer role in the team (?) he might get to 180p total in FPL

I'll have to wait the final scores (as this is my 1st season I haven't an exact idea yet)
that total could place him in top 5 FPL midfielders I guess
and top 10 in all FPL
in his best seasons in Eredivisie he'd been barely top 10 in scoring, with players not excelling now in FPL having done (much) better than him...

would I be right to estimate he'd be at... AUSTIN LEVEL? :mrgreen:

Valeron
FISOhead

Post by Valeron »

His points per minute record is really good and he's playing for a very astute manager who can get the best returns out of him (he was stuck playing under Frank de Boer at Ajax but now he's now flying under Carver)..........but the lack of spaces in midfield with the Arsenal DGW etc means he's a non-runner for this season.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Valeron wrote:His points per minute record is really good and he's playing for a very astute manager who can get the best returns out of him (he was stuck playing under Frank de Boer at Ajax but now he's now flying under Carver).
:shock:

Errr....I really hope this is tongue in cheek. :P

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

"Siem de Jong is ready for this weekend, after playing 90 minutes for the Under-21s, but he's not ready to start,"

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

So by GW36 he'll be ready :)

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

MoSe wrote: would I be right to estimate he'd be at... AUSTIN LEVEL?
Oh for pity's sake let's not have a similar thread to discuss what level that actually constitutes...

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

I took for granted nobody would have taken me seriously ;)

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Injured again, requires a scan. Legend!

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

Stemania wrote:Injured again, requires a scan. Legend!
http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-uniteds-siem-de-jong-9203028 wrote:Siem De Jong will miss Newcastle United’s clash with West Brom after suffering a fresh injury blow.
The Dutch international has only just returned from a collapsed lung but has not trained and had a scan on a thigh issue.
LEGEND... the END of his LEG ??? :mrgreen:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”