To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Which 3 Arsenal players for double?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Which 3 Arsenal?

Giroud
26%
Sanchez
27%
Ozil
9%
Ramsey
13%
Cazorla
7%
Ospina
3%
Bellerin
8%
Mertesacker
1%
Koscielny
6%
Debuchy
0%
Monreal
1%

Total votes: 421

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Re: Which 3 Arsenal players for double?

Post by Sammy the Crab »

Oops, brought Ramsey in early, could be a bit of a disaster.

SunderMan
Wideboy

Post by SunderMan »

Roope wrote:Sánchez, Özil and Giroud. Will have all three for Swansea. Alexis will get the armband. Difficult choice between Özil and Ramsey, perhaps I would have chosen the latter had I made my transfer a week later. Özil could've (should've) scored again Hull, and had an overall good game, so I suppose it can go either way. My original choice of Özil over Ramsey was based on Ramsey's injury record and the face that Wilshere is back in town (since Ramsey is injury prone, he is often replaced midgame, as happened against Hull).

Down to luck, this one. Giroud, Alexis, Ramsey, Özil. Cazorla, Koscielny are all great picks. Bellerin as well if he isn't rotated (which doesn't seem likely, but might happen).

Still contemplating the one Sunderland player I'll bring in (Van Aanholt is the obvious choice but I desperately need differential!).
Billy jones is your man.

Been bombing on a lot more the last few games and looks to be our our most creative player under Advocaat :shock:

I would bring him in myself for Van Aanholt if it didn't mean a -4

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Looking over this thread, I'm actually starting to really like my Cazorla pick as a bit of a left field third option. Could prove to be a shrewd move as a bit of a relative differential, who is on penalties and a decent amount of set pieces..

More concerning potentially is jumping on Ramsey so early given recent news. I am hopeful he should be okay though. Played on after the knock on Monday and showed little ill effect. I just hope he hasn't aggravated it at all given his injury record, as he really looks like finishing the season in explosive form..

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Notned wrote:Ramsey [...] really looks like finishing the season in explosive form..
Looks more likely that one of his legs will explode.

I'm almost certainly going for Özil now instead. Will leave the decision until tomorrow night.

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

Wouldn't panic on Ramsey just yet, Wenger tens to have a weird cryptic presser on a Thurs and an actuall decent one on a Fri.

Sugnid
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Sugnid »

@JamesOlley: At Colney. Wenger: "We have an uncertainty about Ramsey. He got a big knock on his fibula. He is 50-50."

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

The fact that Debuchy got redflagged again, does it relieve some pressure from Bellerin rotation risk?

Or does it remain unchanged because of the Chambers threat? (he'd be the only other RB, barring fielding someone OOP)

after NYD (14 matches, starting GW21 Jan 10):

Bellerin has been rotated with Chambers only 3 times: GW26,29,30
Monreal has been rotated with Gibbs twice: GW27,28
Mertesacker has been rotated with Gabriel twice: GW27,30
Koscielny has been rotated with Gabriel only once GW28 but then subbed him out before HT for injury (and once more subbed out by him before 60' in GW31)

we see that defensive rotations have been concentrated between GW26-30,
in the other 5 games before and 4 games after, the back four have been stable

the DGW schedule would be @mun Sun17, vSUN Wed20, vWBA Sun24, the FA Cup Final v AVL would be then 6 days later on Sat 30th
so it doesn't look THAT tight to induce or require rotation....
_____

All this is anyway mere specualtion for me, as I've already gone the Sanchez way :mrgreen:

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Luckily I didn't rush for Ramsey. This again proves what I have been telling all season, FPL is all about avoiding risks, not about taking them.

ctibbits
Dumbledore
FS Record: Won "The Bet" 2014/15

Post by ctibbits »

Just trying to think this through with the FA Cup final. So what is the real difference between a second place finish and a third? Obviously the fourth goes into a playoff for the CL but is there really anything significant between 2nd and 3rd? If there is not much in it as I suspect then why would Wenger rush anything when he has the FA Cup to play for? I would think Mr. Fragile Ramsey would only play against United and then in the Cup final.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

If I were yet to make the change I would probably be more tempted by Ozil as a possible alternative now, but seeing as I jumped straight on Ramsey the optimist in me says I really hope he plays and that Wenger is just giving us a worst case scenario.. Can see our old friend hindsight making an appearance again. If he doesn't make it I guess the need to be patient is the lesson to be learned here!

Crooker
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Crooker »

Kosc/Alexis/Ramsey

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Notned wrote:I guess the need to be patient is the lesson to be learned here!
It depends. I jumped on Ramsey despite the injury because of price rises stopping my next transfer. And also Ramsey playing on after he took the knock and no news after the suggesting that the injury was that serious. Most others will have jumped on under the same conditions.

There's less point being patient at this stage in the season as your patience has little time to pay off and weighing up risks is the skill, not avoiding them all together.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

I think I'm going to have to go Ozil now as my third - if fit Ramsey would be my choice of the two but I don't think choosing him for this week is justifiable atm. Shame, as for GW37 I'd still rate Ramsey's points potential slightly higher. :(

Considering he played on for so long last week I don't think it was really a big risk bringing him in early. It must have swollen badly afterwards to put him out of training for a week.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Mav3rick wrote:
Notned wrote:I guess the need to be patient is the lesson to be learned here!
It depends. I jumped on Ramsey despite the injury because of price rises stopping my next transfer. And also Ramsey playing on after he took the knock and no news after the suggesting that the injury was that serious. Most others will have jumped on under the same conditions.
Exactly my reasoning too! Here's hoping, hey...

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

is everybody going into this GW with x 3 arsenal then? I thought more might be waiting until closer to the GW37 deadline to commit to all three.

I know their fixture is pretty good this GW but I still have concerns over who will play both of the DGW matches, of course there is no guarantee of any more info by this time next week and you have to plan for price rises but I thought more would be holding off a week.

Just spent half hour or so reading through the two big Arsenal forums, didn't help at all :) some of the players they have being rested over the next couple of games! I will never decide...

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Gambit wrote:is everybody going into this GW with x 3 arsenal then? I thought more might be waiting until closer to the GW37 deadline to commit to all three..
I think it's mostly a case of people wanting to jettison Liverpool players and now being the natural time. I'll be going with three this week, but not ruling out a sideways move next week if new info comes about. :D

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Stemania wrote:
Gambit wrote:is everybody going into this GW with x 3 arsenal then? I thought more might be waiting until closer to the GW37 deadline to commit to all three..
I think it's mostly a case of people wanting to jettison Liverpool players and now being the natural time. I'll be going with three this week, but not ruling out a sideways move next week if new info comes about. :D
+1.

Given the fixtures of the three I've replaced, I didn't see the merit in waiting. Especially with a nice home fixture for Arsenal. Pretty confident I should recoup the 4 points.

MartyBhoy7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MartyBhoy7 »

Is no Giroud for the DGW madness?

I currently have Sanchez and plan on doing Sterling :arrow: Cazorla this week. I fancy an Arsenal defender for Swansea at H this week and Sunderland at home in the double. If I bring in an Arsenal defender it means missing out on Giroud who will be a likely captaincy option for the DGW so I would hold off on an Arsenal defender but could miss out on 6-8 points this week as they have a great chance of a CS.

Anyone in the same boat? Don't feel too confident in my defence of Terry, Wasilewski and McAuley this week.

I'm also relatively happy with upcoming fixtures for Vardy & Kane.

Arseshavin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Arseshavin »

No Giroud isn't madness. He isn't explosive but has been very consistant.

Personally I am going in with Sanchez, Ramsey and Ozil. A good chance that if Giroud does anything then I will benefit through the assist.

If Arsenal cleansheet then it means my midfielder needs to assist to match Kosc. I think it is worth the risk.

Sugnid
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Sugnid »

MartyBhoy7 wrote:Is no Giroud for the DGW madness?

I currently have Sanchez and plan on doing Sterling :arrow: Cazorla this week. I fancy an Arsenal defender for Swansea at H this week and Sunderland at home in the double. If I bring in an Arsenal defender it means missing out on Giroud who will be a likely captaincy option for the DGW so I would hold off on an Arsenal defender but could miss out on 6-8 points this week as they have a great chance of a CS.

Anyone in the same boat? Don't feel too confident in my defence of Terry, Wasilewski and McAuley this week.

I'm also relatively happy with upcoming fixtures for Vardy & Kane.
Yeah I'm in the exact same boat.

I have money to swap out Vardy/Kane to Giroud, but then that limits me on who the third Arsenal player would be.

MartyBhoy7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MartyBhoy7 »

I think I've found the solution - a Man City defender this week at home to QPR and then save the third Arsenal spot for Giroud.

NickyS247
Kevin and Perry

Post by NickyS247 »

Koscielny/Cazorla/Giroud.

Shitting myself not having Sanchez in my team, but it's all I can really do within reason. For now anyway.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Ben Dinnery ‏@BenDinnery 23h23 hours ago
I have spoken to #AFC to clarify the availability of Ramsey

"He could play" if needed but with other options available he may not be risked.

Robin Write
FISO Knight
FS Record: Risky Business

Post by Robin Write »

Of course I have Ramsey.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

it's not like Arsenal are short of options in midfield, looks like Wiltshire or Walcott will start instead.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Not a great prognosis on Ramsey then. Reading between the lines then I assume he either starts or doesn't play at all? In that case, come on Boydinho!

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

Ramsey's injury as far as I'm aware is only a bruised leg. Even if he doesn't play tomorrow he's fairly guaranteed to be back for the double.

I don't have the funds for Sanchez without taking a 4pt hit and having to sell Hazard. However it's going to be an uncomfortable week if I don't have a highly owned player with the highest PPG in the game who will also likely be captained by all those who own him so I think I'm just gonna have to take the -4.

DanCaek
Grumpy Old Man

Post by DanCaek »

I'm rolling out Giroud, Sanchez and Monreal. Have a feeling I'll regret Monreal, should have taken a second mid, namely :shock:zil.

tsubasa_sama
Red & Blue Braces

Post by tsubasa_sama »

With my main rival having Sanchez I was very worried about his potential, but then he missed out Aguero this week so I have a nice buffer going into DGW37. I'll stick with Ramsey, Bellirin and Giroud :D

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

After being dead set against an Arsenal defender/keeper as my third pick, I may now have to go for Ospina after Davis being dropped.

Really bad week for me so not making any decisions yet though.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”