To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Which 3 Arsenal players for double?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Which 3 Arsenal?

Giroud
26%
Sanchez
27%
Ozil
9%
Ramsey
13%
Cazorla
7%
Ospina
3%
Bellerin
8%
Mertesacker
1%
Koscielny
6%
Debuchy
0%
Monreal
1%

Total votes: 421

ctibbits
Dumbledore
FS Record: Won "The Bet" 2014/15

Re: Which 3 Arsenal players for double?

Post by ctibbits »

Jason Bourne wrote:
Maradona_Is_God wrote:Should I keep Bellerin, or ship to enable Giroud for a -4 ?
I wouldn't opt for Giroud if you don't already have him. He's been woeful for a while now. Ramsey is a must have IMO. Arsenal's most influential player.
I am not necessarily advocating getting him if you don't already but woeful for blanking in 3 games seems a bit harsh. It isn't like he is missing opportunities, they just haven't really come to him. Only Aguero, Kane and Costa have more pts per 90 mins than him.

Jason Bourne
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Jason Bourne »

ctibbits wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:
Maradona_Is_God wrote:Should I keep Bellerin, or ship to enable Giroud for a -4 ?
I wouldn't opt for Giroud if you don't already have him. He's been woeful for a while now. Ramsey is a must have IMO. Arsenal's most influential player.
I am not necessarily advocating getting him if you don't already but woeful for blanking in 3 games seems a bit harsh. It isn't like he is missing opportunities, they just haven't really come to him. Only Aguero, Kane and Costa have more pts per 90 mins than him.
No goals or assists in 5 games including the cup (20mins as a sub). I think I would be more encouraged if he were getting chances and missing, but he's not putting himself in positions to get chances. He's been anonymous. Having said that arsenal aren't lacking for creativity in midfield so the points potential is still there if he decides to show up.

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

Is there a danger that Welbeck's return to fitness could shake things up? He surely won't start?

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

Ramsey a doubt and not trained. Yellow flagged on FPL.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

gooberman wrote:Ramsey a doubt and not trained. Yellow flagged on FPL.
Really not sure what to make of this. Wenger said he has 'still' not trained, as he apparently didn't pre-Swansea either, and yet he still played that one..

Real headaches over who gets the most gametime between him and Giroud, and which of the two to captain..

DanCaek
Grumpy Old Man

Post by DanCaek »

Just a friendly warning As a gunner... I suspect the consensus towards Ramsey is likely to be misguided. He has had his fair share of dodgy games lately, and there are doubts over his fitness. Cazorla being buddied up with coquelin makes returns less likely unless from set pieces. Of course, it could go either way, but I think :shock:zil is best of the rest and due an upturn in points.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Wenger has said Ramsey should be fine for Sunday, but Welbeck won't make it.

Should make Ramsey and Giroud starts safe for the first game of the two, at least.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

DanCaek wrote:Just a friendly warning As a gunner... I suspect the consensus towards Ramsey is likely to be misguided. He has had his fair share of dodgy games lately, and there are doubts over his fitness. Cazorla being buddied up with coquelin makes returns less likely unless from set pieces. Of course, it could go either way, but I think :shock:zil is best of the rest and due an upturn in points.
As someone who obviously watches Arsenal a lot more closely than I do, who do you rate as having the highest point potential this week between Ramsey and Giroud? As a non-Sanchez owner I am struggling to decide which to captain! (Cazorla is my third)

gooberman
Dumbledore

Post by gooberman »

DanCaek wrote:Just a friendly warning As a gunner... I suspect the consensus towards Ramsey is likely to be misguided. He has had his fair share of dodgy games lately, and there are doubts over his fitness. Cazorla being buddied up with coquelin makes returns less likely unless from set pieces. Of course, it could go either way, but I think :shock:zil is best of the rest and due an upturn in points.
As an Ozil owner, I wish I agreed with you but having watched a few of Arsenal's games lately, to me, Ozil looks the least likely to assist or score. He has trolled my team for 7 gameweeks now, returning just 1 goal and no assists in that time and I wish I had never have got him.

When I got him, he had been scoring and assisting and looked to be playing in a very advanced position. Now, he doesn't seem to get anywhere near the box and just seems to re-cycle the ball behind Sanchez, Giroud, Ramsey and even Cazorla at times. He's full of clever touches and flicks but doesn't look a threat near the opponents goal. Even on the rare ocassions when he does get in on goal and has a chance to shoot, he looks for the pass. Frustrating FPL player from an FPL perspective.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Good news for those with Giroud, and possibly also other players in Arsenal's front four.
BBC Sport wrote:News coming through from Arsene Wenger's press conference. Arsenal striker Danny Welbeck is out of Sunday's match against his old club Manchester United at Old Trafford.. Welbeck is therefore denied the chance to show Louis Van Gaal what he's missing.

RidleyMTB
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RidleyMTB »

I'm now leaning towards Cazorla to go with Sanchez and Giroud. Will Ramsey really play 2 games in a few days if he isn't training all week?

I don't fancy clean sheets in Arsenal's 2 games either.

Demo
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Demo »

RidleyMTB wrote:I'm now leaning towards Cazorla to go with Sanchez and Giroud. Will Ramsey really play 2 games in a few days if he isn't training all week?

I don't fancy clean sheets in Arsenal's 2 games either.
Same. Had planned to go with Ramsey but now thinking Cazorla. I also think there may be the odd penalty.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

gooberman wrote: As an Ozil owner, I wish I agreed with you but having watched a few of Arsenal's games lately, to me, Ozil looks the least likely to assist or score. He has trolled my team for 7 gameweeks now, returning just 1 goal and no assists in that time and I wish I had never have got him.
Actually I have a list of the most frustrating FPL trolls

- Mesut Özil
- Wayne Rooney
- Christian Eriksen

Whenever you own them they won't score, but when you don't own them, they score double digits every week. Really annoying players.

David Silva was the same category before this season.

gooberman
Dumbledore

Post by gooberman »

Is anybody in the top 5k risking not having Sanchez? I'm really wrestling the idea. Just seems too risky to me.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

gooberman wrote:Is anybody in the top 5k risking not having Sanchez? I'm really wrestling the idea. Just seems too risky to me.
I am going without. Cazorla, Ramsey, Giroud for me. But then I'm not in the top 5k. Arguably decisions like this could be why...

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

Big decision to make now about Ramsey. Had it all planned. Now I guess it makes sense to go with one of Ozil or Cazorla instead. I THINK Cazorla edges it, but not sure.

helmethead
FISOhead

Post by helmethead »

Im not sure I get all the hate for ozil on this thread. Last game he was unlucky not to get two assists and he is still getting in advanced positions though as always he seems to prefer to pass than shoot, so his goal threat is understandably not great. If I were to bring an arsenal player in now, it would probably be him third just behind cazorla (and obviously Sanchez), mainly due to doubts over Ramsey's fitness, Giroud's form and their clean sheet potential. I think he could score relatively well this week.

tiotom92
Treebeard

Post by tiotom92 »

I've gone for Sanchez, Monreal and Bellerin.

Already had Bellerin and would've preferred Giroud to Monreal but there's no way for me to bring him in without losing Aguero or Benteke.

Jason Bourne
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Jason Bourne »

MPTree wrote:Big decision to make now about Ramsey. Had it all planned. Now I guess it makes sense to go with one of Ozil or Cazorla instead. I THINK Cazorla edges it, but not sure.
Aaron ramsey is fine. I'd go ahead and bring him in if I were you.

DanCaek
Grumpy Old Man

Post by DanCaek »

I guess the likely outcome depends on how many games, and minutes, Ramsey plays. I would expect he will get 60 minutes in the remaining games, with wilshere taking minutes and maybe a start before the season is up, especially with injury doubts.

For me,
1. Sanchez
2. giroud
3. Ozil
4. Ramsey
5. Cazorla

Ramsey would be 2nd if game time was assured. I don't think Ozil will be dropping as deep for the ball as he was against Swansea and he has clicked with Sanchez and giroud finally. Due a change in fortunes. That's my opinion, but I'm not backing it as I have Monreal. Regret it already...

Razzler
FISOhead

Post by Razzler »

I have held off Ramsey ... happy he played last week and now I see he hasn't trained again. Surely, he won't get both games and I'd prefer he play Sunderland and not United, which is the more unlikely scenario in my opinion

I am looking at another midfielder alongside Sanchez and Cazorla and Ozil are my options. I am not jumping up and down about either really but leaning towards Cazorla due to set pieces.

Not sure Bellerin will play both games (Chambers getting a game? Debuchy?) but main rival has him and I could pick him for a 'block' but think I'll stick with the extra midfielder to go alongside Sanchez and Ospina

Giroud is a meh at the moment and may want that Harry Kane spot to be Benteke next week

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

Worth shifting Ramsey out for Cazorla for free? Can't see him playing both games.

KTBFFH
FISOhead
FS Record: 636th (2014/15)

Post by KTBFFH »

gooberman wrote:Is anybody in the top 5k risking not having Sanchez? I'm really wrestling the idea. Just seems too risky to me.
No chance. I'm in the top 1k and I think going without him would be suicide, with the potentially unprecedented level of captaincy he will see. In addition to which, it will make for a truly miserable and stress-filled weekend.

KTBFFH
FISOhead

Post by KTBFFH »

The only question for me is Ozil vs Cazorla. Impossibly difficult to decide. This thread seems to suggest Cazorla, but I'm not convinced.

Razzler
FISOhead

Post by Razzler »

I'm not convinced either but I'm also not convinced by Ozil lately :/

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

KTBFFH wrote:The only question for me is Ozil vs Cazorla. Impossibly difficult to decide. This thread seems to suggest Cazorla, but I'm not convinced.
In such a close decision, I always look for any factor to swing it slightly either way... I think penalties do just that. Cazorla for me.

KTBFFH
FISOhead

Post by KTBFFH »

True. I think that's as good a reason as any to pick him. Going to be watching both games on the edge of my seat, but slightly less so now that I have Sanchez.

Terry Henry
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: See me after class!

Post by Terry Henry »

Thinking of doing for a -4 hit

Fabregas --> Cazorla
Koscielny --> Kolorov

That will give me Sanchez, Giroud and Cazorla as well as Pants and PVA. Just not sure I trust Giroud enough and my two rivals have Cazorla. It does mean another week without Aguero though.

Help?

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Which 3 Arsenal players for double?

Post by MPTree »

I went Ozil in the end. Guaranteed to play in an advanced position and just a quality player who I believe will come good.

Giroud, Sanchez, Ozil.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Ozil for me as well, alongside Sanchez and Ospina.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”