To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Which 3 Arsenal players for double?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Which 3 Arsenal?

Giroud
26%
Sanchez
27%
Ozil
9%
Ramsey
13%
Cazorla
7%
Ospina
3%
Bellerin
8%
Mertesacker
1%
Koscielny
6%
Debuchy
0%
Monreal
1%

Total votes: 421

elvushi
Treebeard

Re: Which 3 Arsenal players for double?

Post by elvushi »

icefish wrote:It´s a coin flip really.
True. Here's hoping I call it right. Nice season BTW. Myhill has sat on my bench for 3 weeks which has been frustratingly expensive!

icefish
Treebeard

Post by icefish »

elvushi wrote:
icefish wrote:It´s a coin flip really.
True. Here's hoping I call it right. Nice season BTW. Myhill has sat on my bench for 3 weeks which has been frustratingly expensive!
Cheers mate. Myhill has been an absolute legend, just lucky I guess that he´s my only option in goal.

huskerdu
FISOhead

Post by huskerdu »

I take it, it would be silly to take a hit when gw37 comes around for Ozil to one of either Ramsey or Cazorla, yes? Already have Sanchez/Giroud

um09a2k
Grumpy Old Man

Post by um09a2k »

Anyone know how close Rambo is to a rise?

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: Which 3 Arsenal players for double?

Post by Sammy the Crab »

Notned wrote:
snakzz wrote:So for anyone who watched the match? Who looked like the best prospect? Caz, ozil or ramsey?
Bar one outrageous flick, Ozil wasn't all that involved. The other two were superb. Ramsey was constantly getting into attacking positions, scored a good goal, and provided a quality assist. Took a heavy knock in the first half, but seemed to run it off and was taken off early as a precaution. Cazorla just oozes class. Played several killer passes, none better than his assist, and got forward when possible too. Penalty duty is also a big plus, although not relevant tonight.

Ramsey is the best option of the three for me, and I've already pulled the trigger. Cazorla performed well enough though that I am now considering bringing him in as my third option for a hit, having been pretty set on Kosc until now.
I thought Ozil was very involved and played very well despite not picking up any FPL points.

Any one of Ozil, Ramsey or Cazorla could end up with a monster score and it's hard to predict which one. It really comes down to whether your chasing or defending a lead, who your rivals own etc. There's no bad choice IMO.

Giroud certainly looks less appealing after last night though. He was barely involved and looks a far weaker option than any of the midfielders. If he looks poor against Swansea I'll seriously consider a hit to shift him out for a cheaper striker (maybe a punt on Wickham?) and upgrade Henderson to Cazorla or Ozil.

I also really wouldn't want to be sat with an Arsenal defender/keeper blocking a midfield slot.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Re: RE: Re: Which 3 Arsenal players for double?

Post by Stemania »

Sammy the Crab wrote: Giroud certainly looks less appealing after last night though. He was barely involved and looks a far weaker option than any of the midfielders. If he looks poor against Swansea I'll seriously consider a hit to shift him out for a cheaper striker (maybe a punt on Wickham?) and upgrade Henderson to Cazorla or Ozil.
I think there's an element of it just not being the type of game to suit Giroud last night - most of Arsenal's effective attacking was done on the counter attack when pace is absolutely key - so perfect for the likes of Sanchez. Giroud was mostly up against three centre backs in a very congested area and crosses into the box were limited. He's struggled in similar games this season when a lot of counter attacking has been necessary (Stoke, WBA etc).

But, three of the next four are at home (and the other at attacking Man Utd), and with the big pitch there will be lots of possession and much more open space. I think it's too early to be downgrading his scoring chances.

Ozil vs Ramsey (vs Cazorla) is still very tricky for me - the background stats still suggest Ozil is an extremely strong pick and has a huge assist potential (and in FFS metric at least, has a better overall goal threat and points potential). Ramsey will likely get the goals though, and in fpl that's what gets the big points and bonus. He'll also likely command the big ownership after last night so he's just edging it for me. :D

With Cazorla it's hope for a penalty time, otherwise he's too deep for me and in a bit of the Modric assist-the-assister role - probably Arsenal's best player atm in my opinion, but not a particularly excellent fpl midfield asset. :s
Sammy the Crab wrote: I also really wouldn't want to be sat with an Arsenal defender/keeper blocking a midfield slot.
+1. There are so many goals in this Arsenal team, but also a few defensive errors.

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

um09a2k wrote:Anyone know how close Rambo is to a rise?
Likely to rise tonight.

TheTon
FISO Knight

Post by TheTon »

I've not read this thread but I feel this critical decision is going to decide my main mini league. Only got Koscielny at the moment, which two do I add?

Gazwood, who is chasing me down at the top, had Sanchez, so I suppose the boring move is to 'block' him there (the good old blocking trick!), but then I can only go with one of Cazorla, Ramsey or Giroud as my third (not Ozil for me, don't fancy him). This decision could be vital. In fact it WILL be vital, I'm certain of it..

sunnO)))jihai
FISOhead

Post by sunnO)))jihai »

sunnO)))jihai wrote:I own Giroud & won't be able/willing to afford Sánchez.

Currently set on adding Ramsey and a defender - either Kos for Bertrand or Bellerín for that waste of a transfer Moreno.
I'm now torn between the above and the following for a hit:

Sterling :arrow: Sánchez
Bertrand :arrow: Bellerín
Moreno :arrow: PvA

Owning Sánchez (& captaining him) for the double would ease my mind immensely.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

MPTree wrote:
um09a2k wrote:Anyone know how close Rambo is to a rise?
Likely to rise tonight.
85% in FFFix now, with +3% per hour. IF he keeps this transfers rate, he'd reach the target in 5 hours

but just 82% in FPLS, with 3600 NTI missing
and only 64% in CTC, which reports 9k total NTI today (he had 8k yesterday in the whole 24h)

maybe if the transfers slow down, he might miss the rise tonite.... but if not tomorrow, definitely before the deadline

Sanchez too, at the current rate, is predicted for tomorrow nite

this means as either needs a funding transfer for me to get and I only have one FT, I'd be price out if I wait GW37
If I want them, I'd have to take a hit now...

BTW, here's their form update :mrgreen:
FPL Arse upfront form.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Is Ramsey injured?

edit. Oh eff people stop buying him, he is eff yellow flagged!!! I don't want him to rise tonight :lol:

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Finisher1 wrote:Is Ramsey injured?

edit. Oh eff people stop buying him, he is eff yellow flagged!!! I don't want him to rise tonight :lol:
Sure he'll be fine. He did get a bit of a kick in the first half last night which looked bad at the time, but he played on (and well, at that!) and wasn't limping when he went off. They don't play until Monday night again, so plenty of time for the swelling to go down. I'd be very surprised if he doesn't start, and not regretting already making the move.

icefish
Treebeard

Post by icefish »

After Sanchez's explosion last night it looks like he´s essential for the dgw (or is it kneejerk?).

So I´m looking to bring in Sanchez and Özil/Ramsey for a hit. Will have to downgrade Ivanovic.

slyger
FISOhead

Post by slyger »

are people bringing in Sanchez/Ramsey in this week over say Silva for QPR at home? I was considering Silva this gw and a swap to Sanchez for the double. I've already got Giroud

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

slyger wrote:are people bringing in Sanchez/Ramsey in this week over say Silva for QPR at home? I was considering Silva this gw and a swap to Sanchez for the double. I've already got Giroud
Will most likely be going with Hazard-Silva-Ramsey-Cazorla myself. Definitely wouldn't want to be without Silva against QPR.

tsubasa_sama
Red & Blue Braces

Post by tsubasa_sama »

Can't afford Sanchez without selling Hazard or taking a hit, so I went with Ramsey who is also in very good form.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Plan all along was to have Ozil, Sanchez & Giroud so I've gone Fabregas :arrow: Ozil this week.

Ramsey's injury record worries me for the double. Prone to muscle injuries.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

icefish wrote:After Sanchez's explosion last night it looks like he´s essential for the dgw (or is it kneejerk?).

So I´m looking to bring in Sanchez and Özil/Ramsey for a hit. Will have to downgrade Ivanovic.
tsubasa_sama wrote:Can't afford Sanchez without selling Hazard or taking a hit, so I went with Ramsey who is also in very good form.
I don't know if he's essential since any of the main Arsenal mids could be the one who puts in the 25 pointer (if there is one), however I susepct that Sanchez will be captained by a fair few managers. In that sense it's quite risky to go without him but it really depends on the damage done to your team and any hits taken. Obviously if Sanchez is outscored by whichever mids you can afford and if you're happy to captain Giroud, then you may find that he's not necessary at all. It probably depends most on your individual situation - if you're chasing and your leader doesn't have Sanchez then he's got to be worth a captaincy punt, if your're in front then he's probably a blocking move if chasers have him.

It feels like the last big call of the gameweek - Sanchez or not -and his return last night was a timely reminder of his potential.

icefish
Treebeard

Post by icefish »

Mav3rick wrote:
icefish wrote:After Sanchez's explosion last night it looks like he´s essential for the dgw (or is it kneejerk?).

tsubasa_sama wrote:Can't afford Sanchez without selling Hazard or taking a hit, so I went with Ramsey who is also in very good form.
I don't know if he's essential since any of the main Arsenal mids could be the one who puts in the 25 pointer (if there is one), however I susepct that Sanchez will be captained by a fair few managers. In that sense it's quite risky to go without him but it really depends on the damage done to your team and any hits taken. Obviously if Sanchez is outscored by whichever mids you can afford and if you're happy to captain Giroud, then you may find that he's not necessary at all. It probably depends most on your individual situation - if you're chasing and your leader doesn't have Sanchez then he's got to be worth a captaincy punt, if your're in front then he's probably a blocking move if chasers have him.

It feels like the last big call of the gameweek - Sanchez or not -and his return last night was a timely reminder of his potential.
Yub, those are very reasonable comments. Thing is I´m kinda neck and neck in my ML. I´m chasing by two points. My rival has got Kosc and Giroud and I suspect he will bring in Sanchez so I´m in a bit of a bind.

I could as well use my 2ft to bring in Sanchez for Sterling and downgrade Ivanovic and then bring in Özil/Ramsey/Cazorla for gw 37 and save the hit. But that would mean playing both Coutinho and Hendo at the Bridge and that doesn´t sound good at all.

Or just stick to my original plan and bring in Özil and Ramsey. I got a lot riding on this decision and I haven´t got a clue what to do. Sleep on it I think.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Ramsey, Cazorla, Grioud.

Done.

sstaffsw
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sstaffsw »

Giroud, Sanchez, Cazorla.

Stocker16
Treebeard

Post by Stocker16 »

It's Bellerin, Sanchez, Giroud for me

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

sstaffsw wrote:Giroud, Sanchez, Cazorla.
+1 in the end

Razzler
FISOhead

Post by Razzler »

Ospina (long time) and Sanchez

Giroud would require a hit. Ramsey in for Sterling or Fabregas would be nice but ... how injured, is he? :(

Roope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Roope »

Sánchez, Özil and Giroud. Will have all three for Swansea. Alexis will get the armband. Difficult choice between Özil and Ramsey, perhaps I would have chosen the latter had I made my transfer a week later. Özil could've (should've) scored again Hull, and had an overall good game, so I suppose it can go either way. My original choice of Özil over Ramsey was based on Ramsey's injury record and the face that Wilshere is back in town (since Ramsey is injury prone, he is often replaced midgame, as happened against Hull).

Down to luck, this one. Giroud, Alexis, Ramsey, Özil. Cazorla, Koscielny are all great picks. Bellerin as well if he isn't rotated (which doesn't seem likely, but might happen).

Still contemplating the one Sunderland player I'll bring in (Van Aanholt is the obvious choice but I desperately need differential!).

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

The Ozil ownership of 3% is intriguing and very tempting, ive been mulling over Sanchez or not to Sanchez, as my third Arsenal already have your standard Ramsey and Giroud.

Im tempted not to Sanchez, but i think Chelseas line up this week will be my eventual guide, if Hazard plays ill Ozil and if not ill Sanchez.

A good double GW for Ozil could be all difference in rankings at this stage, while Sanchez is heavily owned as a long time former holder i dont think hes terribly consistent.

The money saved on not going Sanchez enables a Kane :arrow: Benteke and facilitaeing Ozil. So a systemic decison may have to made on Kane and Sanchez Vs Benteke and Ozil for the rest of the season.

Im begining to think this DGW may not be monster, Utd will be nip and tuck and Sunderland have looked more solid of late. Yet ive fallen into that trap before.

Much to ponder.

Sugnid
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Sugnid »

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Sugnid wrote:http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... nd-debuchy

Interesting news about Ramsey....
This is horribly vague. "He is getting slowly better. He could be back in training soon". What does that mean in terms of Monday's prospects?

I'm set on Ramsey for GW37 but maybe Ozil is a bit safer. :s

redchemist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by redchemist »

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Ramsey sounds a lot like Remy...