To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Kurt Zouma

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
splimsplam
Red & Blue Braces

Kurt Zouma

Post by splimsplam »

I got lucky this week as I had zouma in my squad and he actually played! I have been meaning to ditch him for a while but it's just never happened.

Question is should I keep hold of him for the dgw or upgrade him to a definite chelsea starter?

What is the chances of Zouma playing and keeping his spot in the team? Is it more likely that he'll be dropped again for the likes of Willian or Ramires?

ctibbits
Dumbledore
FS Record: Won "The Bet" 2014/15

Re: Kurt Zouma

Post by ctibbits »

You should definitely drop him for a sure starter. I would not be surprised if he plays against Arsenal as they will undoubtedly park the bus and play for a counter like they did against United. But after that he will be back as a bit part. Plus with Mikel now back Mourinho has a second option in the park the bus setup.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

We should probably talk about Kurt Zouma:

- He has not lost his place in the team since he replaced John Terry at half time against Man City
- The Arsenal game was his 4th straight start in the PL and 5th straight start in all competitions
- He has played more premier league minutes than Terry or Cahill this season
- He has played in every Chelsea match this season
- His price dropped from 5.5m to 5.4m after GW5

With Chelsea's turn in form and fixtures, could be a good player to gamble on when transferring out your various broken defenders.

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

I still prefer the certainty of starts of Azpilicueta for 0.6m more

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

I'll wait and watch for the next couple of weeks. By then we'll know if he is nailed or not and we'll have a better idea about Chelsea's prospects of CSs. Have got Darmian, Kolarov, Elphick and will bring in Evans this week, so I can afford to wait

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Could be a bargain if he plays week in week out. Chelsea are short of pace at the back with Ivanovic playing RB and either of/both Cahill and Terry.

Currently have Azpi from day 1 but Zouma has that chance of goals - and 0.6 ITB

tamagotchi massacre
Treebeard

Post by tamagotchi massacre »

I've jumped on this now. 5.4m and looks a really good punt to be the first name at CB.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

I quite like him too actually - he's probably slightly more secure of his place than we think, but not sure that's secure enough. Bego looks a decent enough way into the Chelsea defence for now as a secure option.

tamagotchi massacre
Treebeard

Post by tamagotchi massacre »

Stemania wrote:I quite like him too actually - he's probably slightly more secure of his place than we think, but not sure that's secure enough. Bego looks a decent enough way into the Chelsea defence for now as a secure option.
In the short term. But what about potentially just 6 weeks from now?

My other concern is the lack of bonus if/when Chelsea pull it around and really cut down their conceded shots on target. I'd rather have a 4.5m keep who keeps fewer CS but racks up the bonus and perhaps scores a penalty save or two, and a Chelsea outfield player. I've never been much of a fan of keepers as a way into a costly defence.

Agreed this isn't 100% secure but i'm creeping past quietly confident that now is the right time for him. We know Mour doesn't like to muck about with his team so either this run is designed specifically as punishment/motivation for terry and/or cahill or it's more significant for Zouma. We keep hearing about selecting him because of his pace but no manager wants to be rotating his center backs all season based on physical attributes. And while I think it's inevitable there'll be some more rotation this year than last, cahill/terry look to be the more experienced and adaptable players for that job.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

I am very tempted by Zouma myself. He is a great prospect, and is looking increasingly like being first choice. Personally, I think his pace is a must for that defence and would definitely start him, but I'm not Mourinho, so who knows? My main concern is that Mourinho may not be happy with his faux-pas in the Costa comments, and his place potentially be under threat as a result?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Notned wrote:My main concern is that Mourinho may not be happy with his faux-pas in the Costa comments, and his place potentially be under threat as a result?
Are you suggesting Mourinho bears grudges? Surely not (hashtag eva). :P

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Stemania wrote:
Notned wrote:My main concern is that Mourinho may not be happy with his faux-pas in the Costa comments, and his place potentially be under threat as a result?
Are you suggesting Mourinho bears grudges? Surely not (hashtag eva). :P
Haha, of course not! (hashtag Team Eva! :lol: )

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Doesn't start tonight... Starting to look more and more nailed

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Post by OIEIAO »

Mourinho made his excuses last week about picking a fast defender against Arsenal.
The week before that he was in midfield I assume instead of William/Oscar.
Going to hold Joe Gomez for one more week (with appropriate bench cover) but tempted by Zouma if he keeps Terry out again. Otherwise might go for a safer Chelsea defensive option.

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

If he is nailed, a Chelsea defender at that price is too good to ignore. I fully expect Chelsea to resume some of last season's form sooner rather than later. I'm thinking of using my 2nd FT to bring him in for Gomez this GW. It's a bit of a 'Martial-y' transfer perhaps: an educated punt to get on a player at base price and hope for future returns. But it could very well pay off. One would expect Zouma to nail down a place at some point...

djskope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by djskope »

I have 0.5 ITB so Cedric to Zouma for me if he plays and Chelsea keep a clean sheet v Newcastle. Think he will rise 0.2.

ctibbits
Dumbledore
FS Record: Won "The Bet" 2014/15

Post by ctibbits »

No need for a Chelsea attacker at the moment for me so if he starts and they get a CS then I will go with the block of Azpi and Zouma.

Detroit City FC
Treebeard

Post by Detroit City FC »

I want to bring in a Chelsea defender for Targett. Deciding between Zouma and Azpil, currently on Azpil since he's locked. I can always bring in Zouma on the wildcard in a couple weeks if he's nailed on by then.

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Will improve

Post by Le Red »

I believe Azpi is worth the extra 0.6 for bonus points plus chance of assists. But Zouma is a good shout if cash is an issue or even for a semiblock with Azpi.

Stower79
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Previously placed Top 20 Sun DreamTeam, Top 20 TFF, TFF Divisional winner, Top 500 FPL

Post by Stower79 »

Zouma is definitely well and truly on the radar but I think it depends on the make-up of your defence. If you are willing to take the risk that he is going to miss some matches and you have adequate defensive cover then he may be worth the transfer. If not then Azpi might be the better bet as he appears to be more 'nailed'. There is also the risk Zouma would come off the bench some weeks for a 1 pointer due to his versatility.

Whether Chelsea are a good bet defensively this season is a different question.

In my situation I'm not sure I'd want Zouma as one of my two 'premium' defenders without sufficient cover. At the moment my cover is Targett (about to lose his place) and Huth( lack of clean sheets). If I was to make only one transfer I'd probably be more inclined to look for a more nailed-on player than Zouma (unless Cahill or Terry got injured) or I would need to make two defensive transfers to bolster my fourth defender.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

He seems a bit expensive to me for what has to be considered a rotation risk still. Id sit tight and give it another few games before doubling up on a Chelsea defender anyway.

djskope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by djskope »

Thanks for helping me re-prioritize - I originally wanted Azpi but it would have meant a another -4 hit; selling the skillful (injured? KDB rotating? reliable? ) Silva to release his truckload of funds.

Silva -> Mane / Tadic / Sako / ???
Cedric -> Azpi

It all hinges on the appearances / performances in the matches this weekend.

mmikkeelee
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Mini league winner 2014\2015

Post by mmikkeelee »

djskope wrote:I have 0.5 ITB so Cedric to Zouma for me if he plays and Chelsea keep a clean sheet v Newcastle. Think he will rise 0.2.
That's the transfer I'm thinking of at the moment
I want zouma I'm pretty sure he will start from now on but is still a risk

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

The Silva injury forced my hand in the end, which is probably for the best. Zouma can wait a week or two, by which time we'll have a bit more info.

SunderMan
Wideboy

Post by SunderMan »

Can anybody (Chelsea fans) shed any light on how 'nailed' Zouma is in that Chelsea defence?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

I don't think anybody could say he's nailed. But he looks to be in possession right now.

Still, given how Chelsea have been defending, why would you want him? And if you did want a Chelsea defender then why not stretch to the safety and BPs of Azpilcueta?

JLH
FISOhead

Post by JLH »

Afraid Hiddink will play Cahill and bench Zouma... :cry:

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Well, along with Stanislas and Vardy in my squad that could be a disaster. I'd like to think not though... Zouma has pace, something the other two lack.

JLH
FISOhead

Post by JLH »

Damn you Hiddink....

JLH
FISOhead

Post by JLH »

eastcentral1 wrote:Well, along with Stanislas and Vardy in my squad that could be a disaster. I'd like to think not though... Zouma has pace, something the other two lack.
Stanislas and Vardy worked out for you, I have Zouma/Bolaise and Hoolahan on the bench...

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”