To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

DGW34 - Captain Poll

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Who will you make your captain this DGW34?

Kane (Saints, away)
No votes
Vardy (Burnley, away + Chelsea, HOME)
No votes
Ulloa (Burnley, away + Chelsea, HOME)
No votes
Nugent (Burnley, away + Chelsea, HOME)
No votes
Bolasie (Hull, HOME)
No votes
Puncheon (Hull, HOME)
No votes
Murray (Hull, HOME)
No votes
Skrtel (WBA, away + Hull, away)
No votes
Sterling (WBA, away + Hull, away)
6%
Coutinho (WBA, away + Hull, away)
2%
Henderson (WBA, away + Hull, away)
4%
Sturridge (WBA, away, + Hull, away)
1%
Silva (Villa, HOME)
No votes
Toure (Villa, HOME)
No votes
Aguero (Villa, HOME)
5%
Mata (Everton, away)
No votes
Rooney (Everton, away)
No votes
Sanchez (Chelsea, HOME)
No votes
Giroud (Chelsea, HOME)
No votes
Terry (Arsenal, away + Leicester, away)
3%
Ivanovic (Arsenal, away + Leicester, away)
No votes
Hazard (Arsenal, away + Leicester, away)
79%
Fabregas (Arsenal, away + Leicester, away)
2%
Remy (Arsenal, away + Leicester, away)
No votes
Other - State below
No votes

Total votes: 107

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Re: DGW34 - Captain Poll

Post by Mav3rick »

icefish wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:This isn't a week to gamble with the armband IMO. Hazard has a double, is as nailed on to start as any player at a top 4 club, has penalty duties, is currently the best player in the game on the PPG metric and is owned by everyone in the game.

If you go against Hazard this week I think you're either very, very brave, in possession of a crystal ball or chasing a big lead and crossing your fingers knowing that you've made the wrong decision but just hoping to get lucky.
Of course you´re right mate. It was kinda tongue in cheek. It just gets so boring when everyone picks the same captain.
There's still a fair few differences to play for. I find it more relaxing when everyone has the same captain to be honest as a fair chunk of the random chance is removed.

I'm assuming that the wildcarders will be out in front this gameweek, so there's the game within the game against the other 80-90% who aren't wildcarding for instance.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Would love to have the balls to captain Remy, or to a lesser extent Terry, just for the massive differential. But I don't. So I won't. Probably looking at the popular, safe call of;

Hazard (C)
Sterling (VC)

icefish
Treebeard

Post by icefish »

Boy am I fickle. Flirting with Iva or Terry having recently told Pirlo´s Beard to forget about captaining Sterling instead of Hazard :D

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Post by BobMem »

Ivanovic has previous in double gameweeks, but I'm not taking that gamble, for the reasons Mav3rick clearly explained!

helmethead
FISOhead

Post by helmethead »

I do agree that Hazard, on paper, looks the best captain and that he is the safe pick - not sure I agree that not captaining Hazard is the wrong decision though. I am just slightly worried that Chelsea will be negative in the Arsenal game and if they win that (presumably 1-0), they have pretty much sewn up the league so there is a possibility that Hazard gets reduced minutes or even is benched for Leicester. I appreciate the chances of this are small but given Hazard and Mourinho's comments about Hazard being tired and the fact he has played a huge number of games this season. I think these are factors worth considering against the points that Mav raised above.

I will probably go with Hazard for captain but it is really a default captaincy as I am not so certain he is the best pick this week. I just wish there were another decent option, as it is a certain Leicester attacker is slightly tempting me but I definitely do not have the courage to do this.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

I'll stand corrected if wrong but don't Chelsea need 2 wins for the title? So if they win at Arsenal they can win the league at Leicester. Mourinho will want it sewn up ASAP, no way would he rest Hazard in a game for the title clincher. Can you imagine the media coverage setting Chelsea up to win the league on that Wednesday only for them to bench their best player? Can't see it myself.

helmethead
FISOhead

Post by helmethead »

I see your point but I don't think Mourinho would have the slightest consideration of what the media thinks. He will play the team that he wants to pick; whether this involves playing his best team to try to win the league as early as possible or playing a team he thinks can win whilst giving some key players a rest, no-one except him will know.

I'm not saying I think a rest for Hazard is likely, I am just saying it is a stronger possibility than in a normal game and might be something to factor into any captaincy decision.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Fair point; Mourinho tells the media what he wants not the other way round. I'm confident in going with Hazard (c), though, he's played all 32 league games so far even through the Christmas period and busy Champions league schedule he didn't get a rest in a league game - so why should he after a week training/recovering? Have faith!

helmethead
FISOhead

Post by helmethead »

I do agree and maybe I am overthinking here. There is just something telling me not to go with Hazard against all the good evidence to go for him, but I cannot put my finger on it.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

I don't know why, but I'm tempted by Terry.

snakzz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by snakzz »

gallus wrote:I don't know why, but I'm tempted by Terry.
Same, I always are :D

Or even Skrtl.....

stripes1973
Grumpy Old Man

Post by stripes1973 »

For once this is an absolute no brainer for me, hazard all the way for captain, go hazard go hazard, then reality sinks in & he gets very little points & someone else in my team gets a zillion points, but hey never mind story of my season so far, will it change for the last few games, we'll see.

penguin17
Treebeard

Post by penguin17 »

I'm chasing people so am going for Henderson, I've been let down by Hazard and just aren't as confident as some of you guys that he'll produce.

Maradona_Is_God
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Maradona_Is_God »

Sterling (c), Hazard (v). I just fancy Liverpool to score more goals than Chelsea in the DGW, and hopefully Sterling will be amongst them.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Started to get tempted by a late switch to Sterling. I too think there's a decent chance Liverpool could outscore Chelsea, but can't shake the worry that he may get rested in one of the games. He shouldn't do, but it wouldn't be the first time. Hazard won't be and is, well, Hazard.

I am not chasing, so the question is do I just play safe and consolidate, or mix it up a bit...

chris2k_11
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Pontoon 2011/12 Winner, FISOlympics Decathlon 14/15 Gold Medal, FISO 5AS The Kangals 17/18 & 20/21, Spaceballs Leagues 17/18 Winner (Classic and H2H), FISO Swiss Cup 20/21 Champion

Post by chris2k_11 »

going for hazard for me, don't want to take risk lol

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

also Hazard, I have looked at a Liverpool option but although Chelsea could set up to play safe (certainly against Arsenal) Hazard is still their best (only) attacking outlet. I can't imagine he will be rested for the Leicester game and he would be a great choice just for that game alone.

Had there been a guaranteed striker for the DGW (sturridge, remy) then I would have gone with one of them but in the absence of a solid striker option it really is playing with fire not to captain Hazard.

I'm all for taking a gamble, especially at this late stage, but can't see past Hazard this week, Sterling or Couthino could do well and their fixtures do look slightly better but it's still Hazard for me.

d_manager
Treebeard

Post by d_manager »

Hazard looks the best option for me but i'm chasing and sitting in 2nd place 130 pts behind. my rival will most definitely be captaining hazard. so guess my only hope is to take a chance on a liverpool man. i brought in henderson and coutinho this week. i've got it on coutinho but anyone has any better knowledge with regards to their game time? would you expect coutinho to start both matches? as otherwise i'm pretty sure henderson should start both

thekitkatshuffler
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thekitkatshuffler »

Mav3rick wrote:This isn't a week to gamble with the armband IMO. Hazard has a double, is as nailed on to start as any player at a top 4 club, has penalty duties, is currently the best player in the game on the PPG metric and is owned by everyone in the game.

If you go against Hazard this week I think you're either very, very brave, in possession of a crystal ball or chasing a big lead and crossing your fingers knowing that you've made the wrong decision but just hoping to get lucky.
I'm chasing a big lead but still going with Hazard, knowing that my rival will do the same. Last thing I need is to help him make that lead even bigger.

Now I just need to decide whether to bench Ramsey in favour of Mané.

thekitkatshuffler
Grumpy Old Man

d_manager wrote:Hazard looks the best option for me but i'm chasing and sitting in 2nd place 130 pts behind. my rival will most definitely be captaining hazard. so guess my only hope is to take a chance on a liverpool man. i brought in henderson and coutinho this week. i've got it on coutinho but anyone has any better knowledge with regards to their game time? would you expect coutinho to start both matches? as otherwise i'm pretty sure henderson should start both
They'll both start both matches.

Rumours that they'll be feeding Mario up front, if that helps with your decision.

d_manager
Treebeard

Post by d_manager »

thekitkatshuffler wrote:
d_manager wrote:Hazard looks the best option for me but i'm chasing and sitting in 2nd place 130 pts behind. my rival will most definitely be captaining hazard. so guess my only hope is to take a chance on a liverpool man. i brought in henderson and coutinho this week. i've got it on coutinho but anyone has any better knowledge with regards to their game time? would you expect coutinho to start both matches? as otherwise i'm pretty sure henderson should start both
They'll both start both matches.

Rumours that they'll be feeding Mario up front, if that helps with your decision.
Thanks for that :) I'm really undecided. Hazards form and playing without Costa seems to make him an even better pick with the DGW :/ Coutinho seems to be quite a gamble but how on earth am i going to make up 130 pts without such risks? mehh i hate chasing as i end up going against what i think is the best option and hope to get lucky

Oatfedgoat
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 573rd in FPL 09/10. 176pts in DGW22 of 09/10.

Post by Oatfedgoat »

Had the armband on Sterling all week. Switched to Hazard with 5 minutes to go to play the safe game as I'm leading my cash league.

thekitkatshuffler
Grumpy Old Man

An even split between me and my 4 rivals. 2 for Sterling and 2 for Hazard, with the rogue outlier going for Aguero.

d_manager
Treebeard

Post by d_manager »

damn my league rival didn't go for hazard after all so i wish i did myself now :/ went with henderson. go go coutinho! :)

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Ended up playing it safe and going with Hazard, for all the reasons listed above.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

League leader (25 points in front of me) went with Sterling. It will be the right decision because he's managed to fluke every captaincy decision so far this season.

Well done if you gave Sterling the armband.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”