To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Sterling or Coutinho for DGW34?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Who's the better choice?

Sterling
82%
Coutinho
18%

Total votes: 17

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Sterling or Coutinho for DGW34?

Post by MPTree »

A lot of us face the choice of which Liverpool mid to bring in for the DGW. Henderson seems to be a good option, but he's at a different price point, so not included in the poll.

Sterling certainly seems like the obvious choice, but I've read that some will be taking Coutinho instead. Who will you have and why?

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Re: Sterling or Coutinho for DGW34?

Post by Billy Bongo »

Sterling better when he's behind a striker

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Surely you should ask who has the highest points potential over the DGW, as if it is Henderson, who cares if he's cheaper.

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

Most brining in two mids, I suspect. Feels like one will be Hendo and the other will be a choice between Sterling & Couts. But, hey, I could be wrong, and if the discussion involves comparisons to Hendo, fine.

firestarter197
FISOhead
FS Record: FPL 3,002 in 2011/12, 6,583 in 2017/18

Post by firestarter197 »

For me Coutinho. He's a bit of a differential. Sure, if Sterling is playing lone striker or just behind him, he's probably the better pick, but I have a feeling Sterling could be shifted out wide (to a RWB even) if Sturridge is back, with Coutinho playing more centrally so I'm going with the Brazilian.

um09a2k
Grumpy Old Man

Post by um09a2k »

Sterling is playing up front isn't he?

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

Coutinho played up front last game with Sterling on the wings

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

This is a decision I will also be agonising over!

Can see why Henderson isn't in the original poll, as for most it will be Henderson plus one. That is certainly the case for me, anyway.

As it stands, I am edging towards Henderson and Sterling, but will be reading the debate carefully before taking the plunge.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Blue Fire wrote:Coutinho played up front last game with Sterling on the wings
No he didn't

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Billy Bongo wrote:
Blue Fire wrote:Coutinho played up front last game with Sterling on the wings
No he didn't
He played as false nine in a 433 with Sterling and Ibe either side. Obviously there was an element of fluidity to it, but false nine it was.

ctibbits
Dumbledore
FS Record: Won "The Bet" 2014/15

Post by ctibbits »

Both for me with no Henderson I think. WC is active so I am tinkering with things of course but that was the original plan as they both can make way for Ramsey and Cazorla for 37.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

I am tempted by Coutinho, would leave me with enough cash to potentially do Rémy :arrow: Costa for the last few games of the season. Henderson would leave me with enough cash to do Kane :arrow: Sturridge, but it doesn't look like a good plan at the moment.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

I was already tempted to drop Silva to accommodate both Coutinho and Sterling. I'm not sure that either are going to be great picks given the up and down (mostly down) form of Liverpool, but with Sturridge looking ever more unlikely to play the three games in a week, those two look the best options and I think I'd be happy enough to keep one of them as my 4th midfielder up to the end of the season. Gerrard is a possibility that I've not entirely discounted yet given that he will have most set pieces if he starts and he would be a big differential.

For me, the main thing is to make sure that you can transition to three Arsenal players as quickly as possible after the double, and that means banking cash for Remy :arrow: Giroud and then fitting in the best Liverpool players I can around it.

RidleyMTB
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RidleyMTB »

Coutinho is my preferred choice with Henderson

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Mav3rick wrote:I was already tempted to drop Silva to accommodate both Coutinho and Sterling. I'm not sure that either are going to be great picks given the up and down (mostly down) form of Liverpool, but with Sturridge looking ever more unlikely to play the three games in a week, those two look the best options and I think I'd be happy enough to keep one of them as my 4th midfielder up to the end of the season. Gerrard is a possibility that I've not entirely discounted yet given that he will have most set pieces if he starts and he would be a big differential.

For me, the main thing is to make sure that you can transition to three Arsenal players as quickly as possible after the double, and that means banking cash for Remy :arrow: Giroud and then fitting in the best Liverpool players I can around it.
Agreed. Any moves I make will be figured around Remy :arrow: Giroud being the first port of call come GW35. Arsenal's nice run of fixtures and Costa's retunr (at least in terms of significant minutes) should coincide perfectly.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Both.

And kept Giroud through the blank so getting 3 Arsenal in by GW37 isn't a worry.

Having 2 Liverpool mids makes it easy to hop onto 2 Arsenal mids + Giroud for their double.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

both for me I think, Coutinho is their best player and although he can be one of those players where his form doesn't translate to points he is mostly at the heart of everything they do. Sterling is inconsistent but always seems to get chances with his pace and movement, the recent game against Newcastle he could have scored three. Have considered Henderson and may still go with him if I need extra cash but at the moment I think Sterling and Coutinho offer more point potential.

If I have to answer the question and pick just one, then it's Coutinho, just, and he's cheaper too!

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

Mav3rick wrote: For me, the main thing is to make sure that you can transition to three Arsenal players as quickly as possible after the double, and that means banking cash for Remy :arrow: Giroud and then fitting in the best Liverpool players I can around it.
This is excellent advice. I think I'm now edging towards bringing both in, which will leave me enough in the bank to make the Remy :arrow: Giroud transfer for GW35.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”