To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW34 Transfers

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Re: GW34 Transfers

Post by Mav3rick »

icefish wrote:Thinking of doing:

Clyne :arrow: Schlupp for a hit.

Thoughts?
In isolation I don't think that's worth a hit for the DGW (surely the expected points against Chelsea is 1 or 2 at most) but I've been looking at it in my own team and think I would play Schlupp in a few games over the remainder of the season so some of those hit points are likely to come back.

It's certainly more favourable than normal for defensive hits anyway. The problem will be if he gets injured or something since then the chance to get those points back is lost.

In light of the other proposed moves, it probably does swing it toward a worth while hit since you're maximising your chances in DGW37 too. The only thing I would consider with that is if you really need to take the hit now, since you might want to accomodate Ozil etc another way come GW37 (say there's an injury to Aguero or something like that).

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

I don't think that transfer's worth it for two reasons. It's not worth the hit in isolation and Benteke is not a particularly better option than Kane, so that's a waste of another transfer, which you could use if you need to free money anyway.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

nufctoon wrote:DGW MADNESS!

Rose :arrow: Skrtel
Clyne :arrow: Schlupp -4pts
Krul :arrow: Schmeichel -8pts

Pretty much the last chance to catch up ML top2. At least I'll go out with a bang. 9 out of 11 DGW players! :P
I'm not convinced about any of those except the Skrtel move (see the reply to Icefish above for my thoughts on Schlupp). Was Clyne :arrow: Skrtel alone for free not possible? Could you have fielded a defence without transferring Rose out?

icefish
Treebeard

Post by icefish »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:I don't think that transfer's worth it for two reasons. It's not worth the hit in isolation and Benteke is not a particularly better option than Kane, so that's a waste of another transfer, which you could use if you need to free money anyway.
I agree in principle about Benteke not being a better pick than Kane and therefore a waste of a transfer. But sometimes you just have that gut feeling. Whether I am okay with acting on it or not is something I don´t know yet.

MartyBhoy7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MartyBhoy7 »

When is everyone doing their transfers? Want to wait as long as possible but see Sterling is due to rise tonight and I'm defo going to bring him in and definitely going to get rid of Eriksen so think I'll do this tonight.

Looking at doing :

Eriksen :arrow: Sterling
Silva :arrow: Henderson
Clyne :arrow: Moreno/Skrtel (-4)

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

Mulling over Murray (hull) :arrow: Vardy (DGW). ?

Could have both Murray, Vardy and Aguero this game week.

Or

Vardy/Murray, Giroud/Benteke and Ageuro.

Have an above the norm five/six doublers this week as you would expeect on a WC, but trying to calibrate the right balance for the DGW and 37.

Any thoughts?
Last edited by The Username on 22 Apr 2015, 23:17, edited 2 times in total.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

MartyBhoy7 wrote:When is everyone doing their transfers? Want to wait as long as possible but see Sterling is due to rise tonight and I'm defo going to bring him in and definitely going to get rid of Eriksen so think I'll do this tonight.

Looking at doing :

Eriksen :arrow: Sterling
Silva :arrow: Henderson
Clyne :arrow: Moreno/Skrtel (-4)
Would hold off on the Silva move until Friday, when we should get a clearer picture of whether he plays or not. Unless you are committed to getting rid of course.

No harm in doing the other two now though. I have already pulled the trigger on Eriksen and Wollschied to Henderson and Moreno, and will be bringing Sterling in to join them on Friday, when I have a better inkling on who he replaces.

Berregol
Kevin and Perry

Post by Berregol »

Cazorla -> Coutinho
or
Cazorla -> Henderson
or
Sigurdsson -> Henderson

Rest of the midfield is Sterling, Hazard and Boyd. Whether to go for Coutinho or Henderson is close to 50/50 for me, it's who to transfer out which bothers me. Keeping Cazorla gives me one less transfer to make to get three Arsenal players in GW37, but he's not one of my ideal three (Giroud, Sanchez and Ramsey/Özil/defender).

Thoughts?

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Berregol wrote:Keeping Cazorla gives me one less transfer to make to get three Arsenal players in GW37, but he's not one of my ideal three (Giroud, Sanchez and Ramsey/Özil/defender).

Thoughts?
Exactly same reasoning for me, I ended to keep Santi
as for the transfer I did Eriksen :arrow: Henderson
and Rose :arrow: Moreno as I could't afford in my overall plan to double JT with Ivan

(and Silva :arrow: Fab, but that's unrelated)

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Still pondering which Liverpool midfielder; last week was favouring Henderson - worries about how Gerrard affects Henderson's points saw me move towards Coutinho, now tending towards Stirling. Think I might be overthinking this given that it is probably a lottery as to which one will score the most over the rest of the season.

helmethead
FISOhead

Post by helmethead »

I would rate them Sterling>Coutinho>Henderson, but I think it is fairly close. If you add in price considerations then I think they are all about on a par. It's a bit of a lottery which to pick. For price reasons I am probably going for Sterling and Henderson but I am going to wait to see the prognosis on Sturridge as his fitness could impact both Sterling and Coutinho

I think Coutinho probably has the biggest risk/reward profile, due to ownership and consistency, so if you are chasing I think he has to be high on your list.

snakzz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by snakzz »

Think I will be going for Skrtl over Moreno. Have an feeling he will score atleast once in the next 3 matches, and he is the BP king!

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

I already did Eriksen to Sterling and will exchange my horrible earlier punt on Sturridge for Vardy for a -4.

But why make -4 when we can make -8?

Gylfi :arrow: Gerrard.

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

Naughton :arrow: Moreno
Eriksen :arrow: Henderson
Silva :arrow: Sterling

stengo
Wideboy
FS Record: Nondescript

Post by stengo »

If the FPL was the Epsom Derby then we've just about reached the furlong pole. It's time to draw the Wildcard Whip and try to steal enough of an advantage to see me past the winning post. Is 11 DGWs enough?

Schmeichel

Morgan, Ivanovic, Bruce

Fabregas, Hazard, Coutinho, Sterling, Henderson

Vardy, N'Doye.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

No Aguero could hurt

stengo
Wideboy

Post by stengo »

:D Benching him!

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

I wouldn't his ownership, form and fixture are hard to ignore - it's very risky but could come off. A big haul at home to Villa would mean a big haul for most people.

stengo
Wideboy

Post by stengo »

Yeah, I agree. The team's a little silly but what about the midfield? Surely Coutinho & Henderson is a better bet than Cambiasso playing gooseberry?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

stengo wrote:Yeah, I agree. The team's a little silly but what about the midfield? Surely Coutinho & Henderson is a better bet than Cambiasso playing gooseberry?
Depends on how you're planning to get through the remaining GWs. Most wildcarders have one Arsenal player benched ready for GW37 and a Liverpool defender works quite well till season end.

Have you planned beyond GW34?

ctibbits
Dumbledore
FS Record: Won "The Bet" 2014/15

Post by ctibbits »

still no feedback on gun to the head scenario of who you go with Ivanovich or Cesc

helmethead
FISOhead

Post by helmethead »

Ctibbits, this is a real 50/50 call. I have gone back and forwards on this and have finally settled on Cesc. I actually think Ivanovic/Terry are slightly likely to score more points over the DGW, but having two Chelsea and one Liverpool in defence ruins my balance for the rest of the season or results in extra transfers down the line in order to re-balance.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

ctibbits wrote:still no feedback on gun to the head scenario of who you go with Ivanovich or Cesc
Gun to head Ivan for me, but depends more on what effect it has on later transfer plans and that would be my main consideration.

Terry Henry
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: See me after class!

Post by Terry Henry »

Already done for a -4 hit:

Cazorla :arrow: Sterling
Boyd :arrow: Fabregas

Have Hazard, Ivanovic and Schmeichel.

Is it worth taking out Silva for another Liverpool Mid for another -4? As not taking out Sanchez. Or maybe do Bentekkers to Vardy?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Terry Henry wrote:Already done for a -4 hit:

Is it worth taking out Silva for another Liverpool Mid for another -4? As not taking out Sanchez. Or maybe do Bentekkers to Vardy?
I don't think I'd drop Benteke for Vardy, especially not for a hit. Silva if he's injured could be removed but if not then for a hit, I'd say probably hold.

wibble_mcwoo
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Meh. Best c. 3,000th; usually in the 10,000's these days

Post by wibble_mcwoo »

Mav3rick wrote:
Terry Henry wrote:Already done for a -4 hit:

I don't think I'd drop Benteke for Vardy, especially not for a hit. Silva if he's injured could be removed but if not then for a hit, I'd say probably hold.
I'm on my wildcard, and I'm bringing Benteke in, not out! Might even play him ahead of Kane.

tsubasa_sama
Red & Blue Braces

Post by tsubasa_sama »

Alder :arrow: Moreno
Downing :arrow: Henderson
Silva :arrow: Sterling

Liverpool are terrible but their fixtures for the next two GW's are too good to resist.

Bao
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Bao »

Clyne, Eriksen, Remy to Skrtel, Sterling, Vardy for -4p. Thingking of another -4 but don't know who should be out and who in.

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

Remy owner here wondering between the two: Foster :arrow: Schmeichel or Rose :arrow: Schlupp/Morgan. Reason being for Foster, I have Myhill and WBA's fixtures aren't great for the remainder, where as Leicesters are pretty favourable. But the goal threat/bps is leaning me towards a defender.

slyger
FISOhead

Post by slyger »

wondering if Remy to Vardy now is worth a hit? already took a 4 point hit to bring in mignolet for foster and have 7 doublers not including Remy. The alternative is to hope Remy features in one of the games or to bench Remy for Boyd or Clyne. Money isn't an issue and I have a 50pt lead in my mini league. The hit really would be about chasing a top 200 finish which i'm roughly 100 points off of at the moment (obviously a ton of points to make up esp with everyone likely to captain Hazard)

Thoughts?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”