To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Kane v Sanchez El bencho

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Kane v Sanchez El bencho

Post by Billy Bongo »

Surely deserves its own thread

I have to bench one, anyone else in same boat?

Last edited by Billy Bongo on 19 Apr 2015, 10:50, edited 1 time in total.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Kane v Sanchez El bencho

Post by thesilkworm »

I know that Puncheon is a very good option but surely he has to be at least considered for the bench?

To answer Kane v Sanchez I probably bench Kane.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Probably Puncheon for the bench to be honest, I'm likely to bench Sigurðsson (new). I'd bench Kane before Sánchez though.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Puncheon is on pens and home to Hull, Sanchez will be up against the best parked bus in the business and away at Saints not easy , it's not that straight forward for me

um09a2k
Grumpy Old Man

Post by um09a2k »

For me, Sanchez has to start. He is fixture proof, and I think Arsenal will get at least a goal against us, plus he's coming into the fixture following some decent form.

It would be between Kane and Puncheon for me. Depending on how Spurs and Kane do today would determine which of the two would start next week. Although the cost of benching Kane and him getting a good score far outweighs the benefit of starting Puncheon who gets a good score, simply looking at it from an ownership point of view. So it would also depend on your current situation, whether you are chasing points or not. Playing Kane is the safer option if you're looking to hold.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

I'm at 10k and leading my mini leagues. But I want to push on and take some risks

um09a2k
Grumpy Old Man

Post by um09a2k »

Billy Bongo wrote:I'm at 10k and leading my mini leagues. But I want to push on and take some risks
Then I think you know what to do :wink:

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Yeah, I'm benching Kane

@EPLStatman: Chances Created Yesterday

Albrighton 4
Baines 4
Davis 4
Mane 4
Mata 4
Barkley 3
Lennon 3
Puncheon 3
Shaw 3
Sigurdsson 3
Trippier 3
Vardy 3

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

20% of top 10k still have a wildcard, I haven't, got to take risks

Steve Joe 2KFun
Kevin and Perry

Post by Steve Joe 2KFun »

Billy Bongo wrote:Puncheon is on pens and home to Hull, Sanchez will be up against the best parked bus in the business and away at Saints not easy , it's not that straight forward for me
I agree it is not so straight forward. However it would just be crazy to bench someone as explosive as Sanchez against anyone. I would be benching Kane if I were you.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Are you guys certain that Jedinak is no longer on pens?

Kane and Bolasie both stand a chance of taking a penalty.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Silva stretchered off Aguero limps off. All plans on hold scrap thread

firestarter197
FISOhead
FS Record: FPL 3,002 in 2011/12, 6,583 in 2017/18

Post by firestarter197 »

Pretty sure puncheon is nowhere near pens. Jedinak and Murray are both ahead of him for sure, probably Murray is no.1 pen taker right now ahead of the Aussie.

seysey
Treebeard
FS Record: 9th Sun dream team 2016,

Post by seysey »

Silva has a broken cheekbone

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

seysey wrote:Silva has a broken cheekbone
- What source???

Manchester Evening News reporting:-

David Silva gets all-clear after injury scare as Pellegrini says Kouyate elbow was NOT deliberate and Silva tweeted at 5.38pm

David Silva

@21LVA
Follow

Many thanks to all the messages of support, all the tests have gone well and I'm already home.The 3 points is what was important!

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

liquidfootball2 wrote:
seysey wrote:Silva has a broken cheekbone
- What source???

Manchester Evening News reporting:-

David Silva gets all-clear after injury scare as Pellegrini says Kouyate elbow was NOT deliberate, and Silva tweeted at 5.38pm

David Silva

@21LVA
Follow

Many thanks to all the messages of support, all the tests have gone well and I'm already home.The 3 points is what was important!

seysey
Treebeard
FS Record: 9th Sun dream team 2016,

Post by seysey »

BBC sport.. earlier. Just looked now and your right.

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

I need to choose 2 from the following 3: Kane, Sanchez, Bolasie.

I think i'll end up benching Kane..

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Southampton's problems at the back and now perhaps anxious to avoid the Europa League, together with Kane getting back in the goals is making that a more difficult decision.

I think though on balance that's what I would do as well and hope Palace's home 0-2 loss to WBA was just a blip. Palace haven't got too much to play for anymore though and Hull will be desperate.

You have to play Sanchez.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

I'd probably also vote to bench Kane in that situation, although think it's close with Bolasie.

This dilemma that some people are facing does make Kane a little more interesting this weekend, as I would guess it'll be far from the usual 99.9% of active players who field him (although I still will be).

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

liquidfootball2 wrote:Southampton's problems at the back and now perhaps anxious to avoid the Europa League, together with Kane getting back in the goals is making that a more difficult decision.
The only way they could realistically avoid it is if Villa win the cup final, not that I believe in any way that any club would intentionally try to avoid the Europa. Especially when every premier league place is worth an extra 1-2m or so.

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL Spring 16 Winner 2010-11. Murfs F1 Predictions 2012 Winner. Pick Quick 2012-13 Winner. SP4s Predictions League A & Champions League

Post by Moist von Lipwig »

Stemania wrote:
liquidfootball2 wrote:Southampton's problems at the back and now perhaps anxious to avoid the Europa League, together with Kane getting back in the goals is making that a more difficult decision.
The only way they could realistically avoid it is if Villa win the cup final, not that I believe in any way that any club would intentionally try to avoid the Europa. Especially when every premier league place is worth an extra 1-2m or so.
750k per league place under the current framework.

Something I saw postulated in the media last week thats adding to making me possibly lean towards abandoning the good ship Kane, is the increased levels of fitness that are always trumpeted about at Pochettinos clubs are possibly leading to end of season fatigue and a tail off in results - as apparently happened at Southampton last season. I have no evidence to back this up, nor can I be arsed to find any, but prior to yesterday* Spurs have not quite been the force of a few months back.

*beating newcastle cannot be considered a return to form.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Moist von Lipwig wrote: 750k per league place under the current framework.
Are you sure about that? A quick google search suggests that last season it was 1.2m per place according to this article and other similar pages. I would imagine it's the same again this time round. :?

I'm not so sure about the tiring thing, I think they've just not played well for a spell because that's what a non-top four team does fairly regularly. They haven't got the players to be excellent every week imo. Only beating Newcastle 3-1 could probably be considered quite a poor effort at the moment. :lol:

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

I don't like your continuous arrogance against Europa League and against smaller teams to participate in UCL. Football is not just a playground for Man United, City, Chelsea, Real Madrid and Barcelona. By the way, do you follow only the very top level football, or do you support some smaller local teams also?

There is no team in England that would want to avoid Europa League, if the alternative is to be completely out of Euro competitions. Especially not Southampton.

elvushi
Treebeard

Post by elvushi »

I have the same decision. Currently benched Sanchez (maybe wishful thinking with 2x Chelsea def and Southampton conceding/Kane scoring at weekend).

Sanchez is a differential for me amongst my nearest challengers in ML but not having Kane playing when everyone else has him could be costly differential......

Perhaps my best case scenario is Silva not making it.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”