To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

How many DGW players will you field in GW 34?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

How many DGWers will you have in GW 34?

0-3
3%
5%
17%
27%
23%
6%
16%
2%
No votes
2%

Total votes: 105

thekrumcake
FISOhead

How many DGW players will you field in GW 34?

Post by thekrumcake »

The forums are really quiet now, and this is the only new topic I could think of... :|

If anyone wants to discuss the merits of having any number of DGW players or exit strategies (given a number of DGW players) and so forth, that's ok too :D

I haven't decided yet, but I think I'll have seven, so that's my vote cast (revoting enabled :!: )

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Re: How many DGW players will you field in GW 34?

Post by liquidfootball2 »

Six, not bothering with Leicester and definitely not Hull. Although Bruce will once again be in his accustomed place on the bench.

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

people have seven wow

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

It will be 5 with no hits or 6 if I bring in a Leicester keeper this week on my free.

Don't think I want more than 6 because I already have an eye on building for DGW37, although if Sturridge does something other than get injured against Villa I might change my mind.

redchemist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by redchemist »

For an 8 point hit

Schmeichel
Terry, Ivan, Skrtel
Haz, Coutinho, Henderson
Vardy

thekrumcake
FISOhead

Post by thekrumcake »

fred1266 wrote:people have seven wow
Hi. You must be the person that voted 0-3. Good luck!

Innes
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 10,000 in FPL

Post by Innes »

can get 8 without any hits with WC still in hand, think I'll do that and find use for the WC elsewhere..

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

7, for one hit.

3 Liverpool, 3 Chelsea, and Schlupp.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

I realise most of the hits are likely going on Liverpool players, at least I hope so, as taking hits for Leicester players looks a little unlikely to pay off!

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner 2013 TFC T20 wickets league; Winner 2012 F1 Fantasyracers.com. Winner Mirror FF Free League 2014/15. 6th TFC T20 runs 2016.

Post by The Catman »

Hmm, max of 5 without hits, 3 Che and 2 Liv, no WC. Looks like I'll be at the low end of this analysis. Others in my ML in similar situation though.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Mav3rick wrote:I realise most of the hits are likely going on Liverpool players, at least I hope so, as taking hits for Leicester players looks a little unlikely to pay off!
Yes, the hit will be for a Liverpool defender, in my instance. Using one of two free transfers this week, then making three changes next.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

I'll manage 6 and upson (-4) if I save the wildcard, and probably just 6 plus another rubbishy (but more likely to play) Leicester player if I do use it.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Have only 2 CHE now and used up this gw FT for Murray
I'll have only 1 FT for the DGW, so each one beyond 3 will cost me a hit

I voted 4 (=1 hit) at the moment
But I'll have to assess better
might even get at 6 at most... eventually anticipating 1hit for the 3rd CHE this gw already (fielding a 4-3-3 atm, might add now Rose :arrow: Ivan(Azpi?), or Caz :arrow: Fab for a 3-4-3 benching Rose)
but the MUN(H) fixture requires consideration...
Even Che defence is not guaranteed a CS, so maybe not worth taking a hit there now - otoh utd might easily concede 1 or 2 but not sure how many chances has Cesc to get involved in it to vouch a hit
also, Im fighting for promotion in FISO Divisionals, this is last gw of the round, so Id rather take any hit for the dgw, when they wont count for the sidegame as a new round begins :mrgreen:

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

thekrumcake wrote:
fred1266 wrote:people have seven wow
Hi. You must be the person that voted 0-3. Good luck!
lol you are correct :D

Valeron
FISOhead

Post by Valeron »

3 Chelsea, 3 Liverpool and 3 Leicester...I make that 9.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

MoSe wrote:eventually anticipating 1hit for the 3rd CHE this gw already (fielding a 4-3-3 atm, might add now Rose :arrow: Ivan(Azpi?), or Caz :arrow: Fab for a 3-4-3 benching Rose)
FYI, Cesc just rose in price tonite, while Ivan & Azpi rose the night before...
I know several have posted that at this point in the season money is no more an issue, however you can still get priced out from your plans if you don't act on time....

RidleyMTB
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RidleyMTB »

6 with one hit. 3 Liverpool plus 3 Chelsea

DanCaek
Grumpy Old Man

Post by DanCaek »

I'm surprised people have so much faith in Liverpool.

Probably looking at 5 myself.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

DanCaek wrote:I'm surprised people have so much faith in Liverpool.

Probably looking at 5 myself.
I don't have that much faith in them as a team in general, but a double gameweek against West Brom and Hull followed by a home game against QPR is hard to ignore. All three have porous defences and attacking returns should be ripe for the picking. I would be tempted to jump on players from anyone with that fixture run, to be honest.

Bobby Chopps
FISOhead

Post by Bobby Chopps »

I'm wildcarding, and I'm going with 3x Chelsea & 3x Liverpool. I've looked and looked and I can't see value in any Leicester or Hull players with those fixtures. The only way I might possibly go for a 7th is by making Schmeichel my cheaper keeper (poetry). A DGW keeper has always got a chance of scoring some points, even when playing for a terrible team, with save points, and maybe even a penalty save if I get ridiculously lucky. Making him my cheaper keeper means spending more than I would have liked though, and could affect future transfers... so I probably won't do it.

Do people really see much value in going for more than 6 doublers?

Bobby Chopps
FISOhead

Post by Bobby Chopps »

Stemania wrote:I'll manage 6 and upson (-4) if I save the wildcard, and probably just 6 plus another rubbishy (but more likely to play) Leicester player if I do use it.
You must have planned well to get 6 without hits and without using your wildcard... presuming you have a decent GW33 team! After such good work, please don't waste 4 points on Matthew Upson. That would irritate me and it's not even my team!

Edit: I misread what you meant. Now I understand. Ignore me! However, would now not be a great time to wildcard? When are you saving it for?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Bobby Chopps wrote:
Stemania wrote:I'll manage 6 and upson (-4) if I save the wildcard, and probably just 6 plus another rubbishy (but more likely to play) Leicester player if I do use it.
You must have planned well to get 6 without hits and without using your wildcard... presuming you have a decent GW33 team! After such good work, please don't waste 4 points on Matthew Upson. That would irritate me and it's not even my team!

Edit: I misread what you meant. Now I understand. Ignore me! However, would now not be a great time to wildcard? When are you saving it for?
Yes, sorry - maybe it was unclear - I have 3 Chelsea + Upson and can get in three Liverpool (atm Sturridge/Sterling/Moreno in place of Kane/Sanchez/Bertrand) with a hit. :)

I posted a full rambley and long winded explanation here, but essentially I've just found myself in a position where I can deal with GW34 pretty well without using the wildcard. I'm thinking that fixing my team in GW35/36 (and bringing back Arsenal players, getting rid of Remy etc) is probably a better use for me - I've looked at what team I might wildcard to in GW34 and I can't find a setup which allows me to hit the doublers better than I can already, easily transition to GW37 afterwards, and be happy with the rest of my team for the remainder of the season.

When I actually wildcard will probably depend on whether Remy looks like he's start GW35, as if possible I'd like the full Liverpool contingent for QPR(H) too. But otherwise I'll wildcard in Giroud and and the other Arsenal's early and hopefully hang on to a couple of Liverpools too for that fixture.

I was all set to bring in Baines this week then wildcard, but in terms of why it might be possible for me to go without it I always tried to leave open the option of keeping the wildcard for later. I don't think there are too many obvious targets for GW33 who are outside the scope of what our teams would already contain, and we only very recently found that it was a Liverpool DGW anyway, so my team isn't too skewed from normal and has three Chelsea already. Baines has grudgingly been cancelled for now.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

At least six. No idea if I will get more, luckily I have wildcard so I can make that decision later.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

5 or 6(-4) haven't decided yet

HQ Manoeuvre
FISOhead
FS Record: 1566 FPL 2011-12

Post by HQ Manoeuvre »

Take your pick, but probably 4 or 5.

Some of the singlers have a decent game as well though. :?
Pending transfers, I could well end up benching 3 players who have done well so far and have decent fixtures. :|

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Terry, Hazard, Fabs, Henderson, Coutinho, Mignolet 8-) I also have Bruce but won't start him.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Hazard, Ivanovic, and Sturridge are in my team already. Coutinho and Moreno to come in for Eriksen and Rose. That being said, I might opt for Fab over Coutinho.

Kieran Jack
Kevin and Perry

Post by Kieran Jack »

5 or 6, no more.

nigeljdean
Wideboy

Post by nigeljdean »

Dependent on whether I play my wild card. Four if not. Quite a lot if I do

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Between 5 and 7, can get 7 without a hit, but will probably take a hit in order to get the ones I want.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”