To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW 33 Transfers

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
The Dazzler
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 9th overall in FPL 2005/06, 50th 2010/11, 288th 2014/15

Re: GW 33 Transfers

Post by The Dazzler »

helmethead wrote:Given the news about Remy, I am tempted to get Baines in for a 4pt hit, I would then play him instead of Mane. Mane would then come on to replace Remy if he does not make it. Is this completely stupid? Would be a one week punt before wildcarding and I just fancy Baines to get some decent points this week.
I'd say do the maths.
Assign some ranges and see if it works out.

But you had 3 players with no game and you've already done a transfer. So you transferred one of those 3 out? In which case, you've already got 1 playing sub? In which case, I can't see the Baines move being good. Surely it can only be good if you've a strong chance of playing wth 10 without it?

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Go with Remy, Notned.

helmethead
FISOhead

Post by helmethead »

Dazzler, you are probably right. Dawson is my sub - who I don't fancy for anything more than 1 pt this week (despite the Pulis returning to Palace factor). The maths definitely says I should hold and I will do, I was just throwing some thoughts out there as I often find writing things down makes the thought processes a lot clearer.

Baines could score big this week but his expected points value is probably between 4 and 5, so not enough to justify the hit even if Remy doesn't play any minutes. The percentage play is to hold and save the 4 point hit.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Yep with the additional information of you already having a sub, Dazzler is almost certainly right that it's not worth it, not worth losing sleep over even if Baines has a monster game. You're essential getting Baines' points, but losing Mané's if none of your players miss the game, and Dawson's if one of your players misses the game.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

From4corners wrote:Go with Remy, Notned.
helmethead wrote:Notned, this is a really tough one. I think it really depends on how risky you want to be. Getting Remy in now is high risk as he may not play this week and may not get much gametime in the double. If you are getting in Henderson next week anyway then this seems the sensible move as it gives you much more flexibility for the double when hopefully there will be a little more info around the Remy/Costa situation. But you could miss out on a Remy haul this week. I think if I were chasing I would do the Remy move, but if I were consolidating my position/defending I would maybe opt for Henderson.

Probably doesn't help much but I think its a really close call.
Thanks for the responses guys. In terms of where I stand when it comes to chasing/ consolidating, I'm not really doing either as such... I'm fairly mid-rank in the grand scheme for things, and comfortably top of the only mini league I'm really bothered about. Most of my competitors in that one are dead teams now anyway, so I guess in terms of competition the season is pretty much over for me and I'm just playing for fun.

Probably just answered my own question there, then. Risk it for a biscuit perhaps. Remy not playing tomorrow is no different than Giroud or Henderson not playing I guess, and if it goes tits up and he looks like not playing much in the double, whilst it would be annoying, I could always re-address it next week (was planning on taking a hit for a Liverpool defender anyway).

Hmmm.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Apart from Kane and Aguero, which forwards are the best punts regarding only this GW33?

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

Murray probably, has a nice 34 too

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Yeah, purely for this gameweek Murray. Perhaps Lukaku could be a shrewd move too.

Would probably go for Murray myself though if I had a wildcard available still for the next couple of weeks, has the form and as Liquid says a decent fixture next week if needed too.

nickchild
FISOhead
FS Record: 180th Overall FPL and X-League Winner 2008/09

Post by nickchild »

Clichy being out means I have only 10 players this gameweek and have already made my 2 free transfers...

Is a 4 pt hit worth it? I'm thinking a Leicester player for their game v Swansea and next weeks double. Schlupp in for Clichy or Cambiasso in for Matt Phillips. Both outgoing players would also be starting GW34 as it stands (Clichy H v Villa or Phillips H v West Ham)

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

By the way, Unibet offers 17/24 for Bony not to score against West Ham. I thought Pellegrini said he is sidelined so surely he won't score, right? What am I missing here?

http://www.unibet.com/betting#/event/1002135948

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Goalscorer bets are usually void if player doesn't play. I assume it's the same rule for players to not score.

stengo
Wideboy
FS Record: Nondescript

Post by stengo »

I opened an account with Unibet when they offered an absolutely ridiculous price for Costa to score two or more goals in a game earlier in the season (I think it was the away game against Stoke and he was 40/1!). It was obviously a mistake but they accepted the bet before wiping the board. Needless to say he done absolutely nothing that night.

ruudy
Grumpy Old Man

Re: RE: Re: GW 33 Transfers

Post by ruudy »

Billy Bongo wrote:Austin Bellerin out

Vardy Schlupp in
Weren't you telling folk to have some balls and get Kane out for Vardy? Lol.

PokerGod1900
FISOhead

Post by PokerGod1900 »

Would really appreciate some advice on my RMT and potential transfers this week:

viewtopic.php?f=99&t=114265&p=2694716#p2694716

Thanks

sstaffsw
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sstaffsw »

2FT

Hutton :arrow: Jagielka
Remy :arrow: Murray

Wildcard next gameweek.

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

GW 33 Transfers

Post by jacksosi »

Giroud ➡️ Murray
Cazorla ➡️ Silva

3rd week I've taken a hit.
Week 31 it worked, Sanchez ➡️ Philips, double GW so really only -2
Week 32 it didn't, Austin ➡️ Giroud , but it was a 4 point insurance policy in case Giroud went nuts.
Basically I'm just having fun now :)

stengo
Wideboy

Post by stengo »

Calling Bolasie fans...I'm swapping out Sanchez for Yaya myself but I couldn't believe Paddy's price on your man scoring tomorrow. 9/2 FFS!! That's a good point and a half better than anywhere else and so I had to avail myself.

Care to join me?

Good Luck!

nufctoon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by nufctoon »

Özil :arrow: Fabregas
Moses :arrow: Oscar -4pts
Benteke :arrow: Vardy -8pts

I'd have taken the second hit next week anyway. Yes, I'm going without Haz. I now it's madness but hoping that Oscar becomes a solid scoring differential and haven't really got enough funds for Haz.

I already have these DGW players: Henderson, Sturridge, Terry, Oscar, Fabregas, Vardy. Next week will be transfering a Liverpool defender in.

Dialted
Treebeard

Post by Dialted »

Rooney to murray (better next 2 fixtures and rumours of roonet in cm)
Dawson to Terry (preparation for dgw)

Batistuta
Treebeard

Post by Batistuta »

Mannone :arrow: Schmeichel

Saving my other FT

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Went ahead and did Giroud :arrow: Remy!

Bit of a risky one, but my 'safe' decisions have rarely worked out of late, so let's see if the opposite is true. Fortune favours the brave and all that.

Rolling the other one over, for the Liverpool boys next week.

Hereford FC
Wideboy

Post by Hereford FC »

Essentially, I have 3 transfers left and need to get rid of Sturridge. Giroud, Lukaku or Benteke?

wibble_mcwoo
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Meh. Best c. 3,000th; usually in the 10,000's these days

Post by wibble_mcwoo »

Sanchez to Yaya for a one week punt before wildcarding. I'll bring him or his cheap !rates back in over the next few weeks.

Almost transferred Remy out after reading that Costa might make one or both of the DGW games

stengo
Wideboy

Post by stengo »

wibble_mcwoo wrote:Sanchez to Yaya for a one week punt before wildcarding. I'll bring him or his cheap !rates back in over the next few weeks.

At last, someone else bringing in Yaya before wildcarding! As I said in a previous post, I couldn't resist having a saver on Bolassie at 9/2 to score today but I well remember a similar "chasing-last-weeks-points" stampede for Tadic earlier in the season which ended tragically.

Robin Write
FISO Knight
FS Record: Risky Business

Post by Robin Write »

Downing :arrow: Fabregas
Cisse :arrow: Nugent
Remy :arrow: Vardy

:shock:

um09a2k
Grumpy Old Man