To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Time to sell Kane?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
fredtered
Wideboy

Re: Time to sell Kane?

Post by fredtered »

I would not sell kane.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

DanCaek wrote:Or Vardy could turn out to be in the flash in the pan and Kane gets a couple more goals. It's probably a close run thing but there must surely be more pressing issues unless you're sitting on a wildcard?
yes, there is that chance too :D I just think the risk is somewhat minimised by the toughness of Kanes fixtures, Vardy could get two two pointers in the DGW, but will Kane run riot at Southampton?

if Spurs were playing well and had good fixtures it wouldn't cross my mind, but they aren't and I think with the finish line in site there are other strikers who look more appealing for the run in.

DrBunker
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISODAS season 21 Premiership champion

Post by DrBunker »

I haven't fully followed this thread so sorry if it's already been mentioned but why would I sell a striker a) who's cheaper than most others still b) who's perfectly capable of a big haul (I mean, Vardy instead? Come on!) and c) when I'm sure like most ppl I've got more pressing things to deal with? :?

thekrumcake
FISOhead

Time to sell Kane?

Post by thekrumcake »

DrBunker wrote:I haven't fully followed this thread so sorry if it's already been mentioned but why would I sell a striker a) who's cheaper than most others still b) who's perfectly capable of a big haul (I mean, Vardy instead? Come on!) and c) when I'm sure like most ppl I've got more pressing things to deal with? :?
a) Vardy is even cheaper.
b) All players are capable of a big haul.
c) Irrelevant if you are playing your wild card

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:Vardy has 4 home games in 4 game weeks, wow that's more than the amount of Premier League goals than he's scored in his career. :lol:
I quoted CK post as it was handy,
but I'm addressing all those who cared to focus on Vardy's HOME games run in

it would be worth then highlighting his Home/Away scores in 2015*, when his form has picked up:
(you might object that it's not statistically relevant, but YOU brought up the home factor :P )

HOME
  • AVL 19' 1p
    STK 64' 2p
    CRY 12' 1p
    HUL 90' 2p
    WHU 90' 5p 1A
AWAY
  • LIV 74' 5p 1A
    MUN 45' 1p
    EVE 29' 8p 2A
    MCI 33' 1p
    TOT 90' 11p 1G1A
    WBA 90' 8p 1G
HOME 11p/5 ► 2.20 PPGH
AWAY 34p/6 ► 5.67 PPGA

Sooo... he'll play 4 home games in 4GW then (sun,QPR)
but he's PERFORMING FAR BETTER AWAY THAN HOME!!!!!
that H A+H H H A H run in, if ever relevant in any way, is thus actually a HUGE HANDICAP for him
:lol: :lol: :lol:

then of course I wish him and his owners to score 2 goals per game,
but if you base your analysis on his recent form and his upcoming home games, THESE ARE THE FACTS

• * in 2014 he played 16 games, and apart his freak show in September vs Utd, in the other 15 he picked up 1 assist and blanked 14 times

DrBunker
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISODAS season 21 Premiership champion

Post by DrBunker »

thekrumcake wrote:
DrBunker wrote:I haven't fully followed this thread so sorry if it's already been mentioned but why would I sell a striker a) who's cheaper than most others still b) who's perfectly capable of a big haul (I mean, Vardy instead? Come on!) and c) when I'm sure like most ppl I've got more pressing things to deal with? :?
Were the first two points sarcasm..? He's cheaper for a reason (as per MoSe's post above) and whilst every player is capable of a big haul would you seriously suggest that Vardy at Leicester is more likely than Kane at Spurs? If (and I'd think it's a big if) you've still got your WC then maybe you could make a case but with the half GW and then the DGWs it seems like an unnecessary tinker.

thekrumcake
FISOhead

Time to sell Kane?

Post by thekrumcake »

DrBunker wrote:
thekrumcake wrote:
Were the first two points sarcasm..? He's cheaper for a reason (as per MoSe's post above) and whilst every player is capable of a big haul would you seriously suggest that Vardy at Leicester is more likely than Kane at Spurs? If (and I'd think it's a big if) you've still got your WC then maybe you could make a case but with the half GW and then the DGWs it seems like an unnecessary tinker.
I'm just trying to play devil's advocate. I'm not very good at it :lol:

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

beware, afaik the original DA got bunned, better stick to cakes ;)

DanCaek
Grumpy Old Man

Post by DanCaek »

I could now imagine moving Kane aside for benteke. Not vardy though...

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Re: RE: Re: Time to sell Kane?

Post by liquidfootball2 »

DanCaek wrote:I could now imagine moving Kane aside for benteke. Not vardy though...
I agree with Dan, lots will keep him this week but only as a bench player ready to move him out for gwk35.

I think having Tekkers at home to West Ham in 36 will be a good move.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

This might come back to bite me, but I tend to think that any transfer (especially for a hit) which results in benching Kane is a waste of a transfer.

I agree that losing him from GW35 onwards given the kindness of Benteke/Giroud fixtures is a valid option.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”