To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Davis vs Schmeichel vs Howard

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Davis
71%
Schmeichel
24%
Howard
6%

Total votes: 17

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

I'm replacing Pantilimon this week due to the blank and also due to worries about Sunderland after the result today. I've been happy enough with Pantilimon so far, but now it's time for him to go.

Key requirements for a replacement are that they have a game in 33 (preferably a decent home one) and that they can be kept till season end. The obvious options are Davis, Schmeichel and Howard (although maybe I'm overlooking someone?).

Davis - Advantages are obvious, I do currently have Bertrand and Alderweireld, but taking on Davis would let me bring in Moreno for the DGW too whilst maintaining my Saints partial block. I am a bit worried about a block against Stoke at the Britannia in GW33 though.

Schmeichel - He has a home game against Swansea (who may be without Gomis), then a DGW, then 3 nice home games in 4 (Newcastle, Southampton, QPR) to finish the season. Leicester, however, cannot/do not defend, and are in a relegation fight in which their best way out seems to be to score goals rather than keep things tight.

Howard - Nice looking home game in GW33, for a team that have two clean sheets in the last two home games and 4 in the last 5 home games. Decent but not exceptional fixtures follow. He is a bit expensive though.

I think I'll go with Davis, surely that's the best option?

firestarter197
FISOhead
FS Record: FPL 3,002 in 2011/12, 6,583 in 2017/18

Re: Davis vs Schmeichel vs Howard

Post by firestarter197 »

I am in a similar situation.

-Davis appears to be the natural choice, however it is worth pointing out that Southampton have not been so watertight in away fixtures as of late. Their last 3 clean sheets have been at home against Palace, Burnley and Hull (whilst conceding away against everton, chelsea and west brom) and their upcoming schedule sees them playing a lot of away games. They face Stoke who have scored in every single home since December so I would also be a bit cautious about the triple Saints defensive block. This is followed by a home game against Spurs (who, in fairness are in poor attacking form recently, but are certainly capable of scoring a few), and then two more away matches.

-Schmeichel is tempting, perhaps more so as a differential to someone like me who is looking to catch up, and Leicester certainly have good fixtures and a double GW. They haven't been keeping many CS, that's for sure, but they are in good form currently. (In fairness, in their last 6-7 matches they only had 2 fixtures where you expected them not to concede: they kept a CS against Hull and were unlucky to concede against West Ham). Home to swansea, as you said, who are lacking firepower up front, then an away fixture against Burnley who also find it difficult to score goals, followed by home to Chelsea who don't look that convincing up front either. There is decent potential for clean sheets and save points for Schmeichel until the end of the season if you ask me, given his cheap price. The only caveat here is that I don't think he is 100% nailed on. When he came back from injury, I recall Nigel Pearson saying something of the sort that his spot ahead of Schwarzer is not guaranteed...

-Hadn't considered Howard since he is a bit expensive and there are cheaper options elsewhere currently. Not a bad bet either if you have the funds.

Overall, Davis is probably the best option, Schmeichel might deserve a punt though as a differential to those willing to play it riskier ;-)

pdhmobile
Red & Blue Braces

Post by pdhmobile »

I have panti and an injured foster. I have been reading else were that panti and schmeichel rota home and away until end of season and then schmeichel can play in DGW. So thats my plan.
Before I read about schmeichel i was going panti to davis and let him play the season out, thats the old plan though!!

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

I am in a similar position, getting rid of Panti this week. However, I will take a 1 week punt on Howard as he has a better GW33 fixture before likely switching to Davis on my GW34 WC.

However, I voted for Davis for the remainder of the season - Saints are solid and just keep on getting clean sheets. It may not work out this weekend, but don't be surprised if a Saints bloc comes through at Stoke.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

I think I'd prefer a Southampton defender to a Leicester one regardless of the (extra and easier) fixtures. Howard wouldn't even be on my radar tbh.

firestarter197
FISOhead
FS Record: FPL 3,002 in 2011/12, 6,583 in 2017/18

Post by firestarter197 »

Schmeichel and Howard bringing in the points today ;-)

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

firestarter197 wrote:Schmeichel and Howard bringing in the points today ;-)
And can you guess which of the three I picked? :lol:

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

8-) :lol:

Although in fairness, the two home keepers did better than the away keeper today, which is what you would expect.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

No, I wouldn't have expected Schmeichel at home to Swansea do better than Davis at Stoke.

Lucky break for those who brought in Schmeichel for the DGW.

redchemist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by redchemist »

eastcentral1 wrote:No, I wouldn't have expected Schmeichel at home to Swansea do better than Davis at Stoke.

Lucky break for those who brought in Schmeichel for the DGW.
I think it was more than 50/50 Leics would keep them out. Swansea were toothless in GW32 with Gomes on the pitch, so the threat was relatively low.
(Kasper owner :D )

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”