To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Liverpool DGW Discussion Thread

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Re: Liverpool DGW Discussion Thread

Post by liquidfootball2 »

I'm pretty much in agreement with silkworm, probably two from three or possibly all three of Moreno, Skrtel and Henderson as i don't yet have Moreno.

stripes1973
Grumpy Old Man

Post by stripes1973 »

As to the thread I already have Henderson but with 2 FTs thinking of getting sterling & possibly Moreno.

redchemist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by redchemist »

I am taking 3 Liverpool in
Definitely Coutinho (already in)
Definitely Skrtel

Then either Henderson or Sterling.
For me it will come down to Sturridge's fitness. If Danny's okay I'll get the former, if not I'll get the latter.
Not going for the striker himself because of other spending and I'll play 4-4-2 with Kun and Vardy.
At least that's the current thinking!

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

At the moment I have no Liverpool players and will have 2 freebies. Sterling and Coutinho and Henderson are the only reasonable choices I can see. I'd like a defender but I really don't see the value in a 4 point hit to get one.

It's a strange DGW where Chelsea and Liverpool both have reasonable fixtures but neither have a fit reliable striker ready in time to give me enough confidence to prioritise it over the midfield options.

The Dazzler
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 9th overall in FPL 2005/06, 50th 2010/11, 288th 2014/15

Post by The Dazzler »

Moreno is my Number 1 choice. Sterling and Henderson some distance behind.
I currently don't have any but I'll probably have Moreno + 1 of Sterling/Henderson.

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

A lot of posts have been removed, please keep threads on topic and off personal stuff, thanks.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

thesilkworm wrote: a) I don't think Sturridge is worth the gamble at his price point. I'd rather just hold on to Aguero.
I think I'd keep Aguero too if he was my only way into Sturridge, but getting Sturridge in alongside Aguero looks an option for many people, and that may be a risk worth taking over someone like Kane @ Southampton or Giroud vs Chelsea.

At this point my strikeforce looks like it will be Aguero/Sturridge/Remy, but a lot will depend on this weekend's Liverpool.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: Liverpool DGW Discussion Thread

Stemania wrote:
thesilkworm wrote: a) I don't think Sturridge is worth the gamble at his price point. I'd rather just hold on to Aguero.
I think I'd keep Aguero too if he was my only way into Sturridge, but getting Sturridge in alongside Aguero looks an option for many people, and that may be a risk worth taking over someone like Kane @ Southampton or Giroud vs Chelsea.

At this point my strikeforce looks like it will be Aguero/Sturridge/Remy, but a lot will depend on this weekend's Liverpool.
You may be having second thoughts on Sturridge as he hasn't even started training, i've given up on him completely.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... lla-fa-cup

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

I'll certainly be watching the new conference like a hawk if he doesn't make it this weekend. If he starts training in the next day or two he has a full week before the double begins, so may still be viable. I'll definitely have a back up plan that's for sure.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

that's a worry about Sturridge and confirms my fears, as others have mentioned there is still time to see how it looks before the DGW but unless there is really positive news (or a great display in the SF) I won't be bringing him in.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

As it stands, Moreno and Henderson are pretty much locked in for me. Genuinely torn between Sterling and Coutinho as to who joins them...

Razzler
FISOhead

Post by Razzler »

In any kind of formation do we reckon Moreno is looking nailed on then?

There's no one coming back from injury gonna nick his spot in next few weeks, is there??

Rather not spend all that cash on Skrtel and thinking Lovren but may be too risky

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Mig and Moreno for me, Hamer Trippier or Alderweirald out for a -4

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

I think i'm going to take a chance with Remy again which means probably only Moreno and Henderson for me. Probably get Cambiasso as well for no hits. (already have JT Haz and Moreno)

May switch to 3-5-2 depending on how much Kane at home to City can be viewed as a great fixture for him.
Last edited by liquidfootball2 on 19 Apr 2015, 09:59, edited 1 time in total.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Yay, Liquid's joining the Estebandwagon. :D

What are people thinking about Sturridge? I think that is the biggest question for me, whether a Kane/Rémy :arrow: Sturridge transfer will be worth a -4.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Not likely to play today i heard, A risk too far for me.

Bobby Chopps
FISOhead

Post by Bobby Chopps »

I think Sturridge is too risky. Even if fit, he quite possibly wouldn't start both games on the double week. It's a lot of money to tie up.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

I'm starting to agree to be honest, I'll monitor the news, but it would have been nice to get him in.

Bobby Chopps
FISOhead

Post by Bobby Chopps »

It'd be great to get him in, if you knew he would play at least say 120 mins of the double. It just seems really unlikely to me now. Be interesting to see if he is fit enough for the bench in the cup game today. From what I've heard it's unlikely he'll feature.

Razzler
FISOhead

Post by Razzler »

Not convinced Sturridge can make 2 games in a week or 3 games in a row (including QPR game) so a bit risky, for me :/

icefish
Treebeard

Post by icefish »

If Silva is out I might have all three of Sterling, Coutinho, Henderson. Dno if it´s sensible yet.

ctibbits
Dumbledore
FS Record: Won "The Bet" 2014/15

Post by ctibbits »

icefish wrote:If Silva is out I might have all three of Sterling, Coutinho, Henderson. Dno if it´s sensible yet.
:shock: Iron balls man, iron balls

HQ Manoeuvre
FISOhead
FS Record: 1566 FPL 2011-12

Post by HQ Manoeuvre »

Got Skrtel, 3 Chelsea, 2 frees, and not much of a clue.

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Post by OIEIAO »

Stemania wrote: g) Lovren - a left-field pick perhaps, coming in at nearly 1m cheaper than Skrtel and offering similar aerial goal threat and bonus point potential, but far from certain to start both with Can playing so well, Skrtel's return and Liverpool's recent change to four at the back.
Are you and others sure about this? Lovren and Can have played 90 minutes together twice since Lovren came back from injury (Newcastle and the FA Cup game today) and Skrtel also started today. Glen Johnson appeared to be the one who made way instead.

I'm not an expert on Liverpool - not sure who are the usual CB vs FBs are - I actually came in this thread to establish why Moreno is more popular than Lovren. I can see Moreno has about 4x as many transfers in today.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

OIEIAO wrote:
Stemania wrote: g) Lovren - a left-field pick perhaps, coming in at nearly 1m cheaper than Skrtel and offering similar aerial goal threat and bonus point potential, but far from certain to start both with Can playing so well, Skrtel's return and Liverpool's recent change to four at the back.
Are you and others sure about this? Lovren and Can have played 90 minutes together twice since Lovren came back from injury (Newcastle and the FA Cup game today) and Skrtel also started today. Glen Johnson appeared to be the one who made way instead.

I'm not an expert on Liverpool - not sure who are the usual CB vs FBs are - I actually came in this thread to establish why Moreno is more popular than Lovren. I can see Moreno has about 4x as many transfers in today.
They returned to 343 today after a couple of games with four at the back. Promising for Lovren onlookers for sure, although it didn't exactly go well for Liverpool. For me he's probably worth the risk if the extra 0.4m (instead of Moreno) can be used well elsewhere or is all that can be afforded, but that 0.4m looks a good price for security of starts if it has no particular use.

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Post by OIEIAO »

A fair summary.

I can probably afford the 0.4m and I am likely to be taking a hit for a defender to also bring in 2 midfielders ...might as well make sure I have the best chance of earning them back.

Bringing in 3 with 2 free transfers and a hit seems like a reasonable strategy bearing in mind the DGW followed by Liverpool v QPR....or am I mad?
Would be selling Eriksen and either Mata or Fabregas from midfield. Tempted to just bring 1 midfielder in and avoid the hit.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

OIEIAO wrote: Bringing in 3 with 2 free transfers and a hit seems like a reasonable strategy bearing in mind the DGW followed by Liverpool v QPR....or am I mad?
I'll be doing exactly that (unless some very definitive news about Sturridge comes out in the next few days), but like you haven't decided on the personnel yet. :|

spiderm4tt
FPL Champion 2012/13

Post by spiderm4tt »

icefish wrote:If Silva is out I might have all three of Sterling, Coutinho, Henderson. Dno if it´s sensible yet.
I think it's a good move, especially if Silva is out, and also with Sturridge not looking a good pick at moment. I've planned on owning these 3 Liverpool mids for a bit now due to lack of Sturridge, but I didn't want to lose Silva just yet.

I was going to get maybe Skrtel or Moreno instead to go with Henderson & Sterling. With Silva looking likely to be out now I think I'll make this move and own all three - even for a hit. They have nice GW35 fixtures too. But as usual it's best to wait for Friday's team news as a week is a long time in FPL!

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Is anybody tempted by a punt on Ibe?

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Any idea how fast and drastic the price changes will be this week?

Like many, two Liverpool midfielders and a defender for a hit seems wise given the double gameweek and QPR home tie. News on Silva could have a big bearing though.. it's just getting the balance right between taking the plunge and pricing yourself out!Don't want to leave Silva in, make the changes, and him be ruled out, but the reverse would be equally irritating too!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”