To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Liverpool DGW Discussion Thread

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
KTBFFH
FISOhead
FS Record: 636th (2014/15)

Re: Liverpool DGW Discussion Thread

Post by KTBFFH »

ctibbits wrote:contemplating Skrtel and Moreno to go with a single Liverpool MF. Think there may be a better shot at a double CS than guessing which MF will get the offensive returns.
+1
Henderson, Skrtle and Moreno for me. Remy screwed my plan up so badly but I'm not unhappy that it's turned out like this. WC next week to get rid of all three.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

KTBFFH wrote:
ctibbits wrote:contemplating Skrtel and Moreno to go with a single Liverpool MF. Think there may be a better shot at a double CS than guessing which MF will get the offensive returns.
+1
Henderson, Skrtle and Moreno for me. Remy screwed my plan up so badly but I'm not unhappy that it's turned out like this. WC next week to get rid of all three.
In this case, wouldn't your wildcard be best served for GW36? Surely you will want to hold the Liverpool lads for QPR at home before shipping?

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Bad luck or otherwise, it looks a disastrous decision to opt for Moreno over Skrtel. The same could be said about the rest of my transfers thus far too...

icefish
Treebeard

Post by icefish »

Notned wrote:Bad luck or otherwise, it looks a disastrous decision to opt for Moreno over Skrtel. The same could be said about the rest of my transfers thus far too...
It´s bad luck and nothing else. It´s the logic and merit in any given decision that you have to go by, not the end result. And that is what will get you points over a season, 5 seasons and 10 seasons.

Potters82
Treebeard

Post by Potters82 »

Any update on if Moreno will be fit for the Hull game?.

TriXaM
FISOhead

Post by TriXaM »

Potters82 wrote:Any update on if Moreno will be fit for the Hull game?.
Funnily enough I was just digging around for the same info.

http://www.empireofthekop.com/2015/04/2 ... hull-city/

This article suggests not. Hope it's true, as I'd have Koscielny coming off the bench with 9 points :mrgreen: Although Moreno could always get points, I just don't trust Liverpool to get back to back cleanies!

Sugnid
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Sugnid »

So Skrtel was the only one that was needed.

The rest were a colossal disappointment. No goals against West Brom or Hull is a poor showing.

Probably going to shift Sterling for one of the Arsenal lot.

Razzler
FISOhead

Post by Razzler »

Bloody Moreno :(

My original thinking was Lovren but I allowed myself to be swayed. Should have gone with instinct although no one knew Moreno would get injured, mind :D

Is he back for QPR? May get SOME use out of him :/

tsubasa_sama
Red & Blue Braces

Post by tsubasa_sama »

I will keep my three for qpr but I fancy charlie austin tbh more :lol:

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Out of interest, which Liverpool midfielders are people removing as a priority?

I'm getting rid of one of Coutinho and Sterling this week (for an Arsenal mid fairly obviously) and had initially financed it so I would get rid of Coutinho. But, Sterling has been so poor recently that I'm tempted to keep Coutinho, who seems to be temporarily translating his good play into points. :s

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

I have Henderson and Sterling, so it's an easy choice. Sterling to an Arsenal mid.

sunnO)))jihai
FISOhead

Post by sunnO)))jihai »

Shifting Sterling, keeping Coutinho. To be fair, price plays a part.

ctibbits
Dumbledore
FS Record: Won "The Bet" 2014/15

Post by ctibbits »

Both I believe for me. Better picks right now than their shaky MF

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

I will be selling Sterling, keeping Gerrard.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Definitely selling Sterling for an Arsenal mid this week.

My hand may be forced into keeping Henderson and Moreno for now though. Would like to shift both, but as Koscielny will be my second player coming in this week it would require a hit and finding a decent 6.3m mid... My hope is they come good with still having something to play for, and a reasonable two fixtures to end the season on.

ctibbits
Dumbledore

Post by ctibbits »

Notned wrote:Definitely selling Sterling for an Arsenal mid this week.

My hand may be forced into keeping Henderson and Moreno for now though. Would like to shift both, but as Koscielny will be my second player coming in this week it would require a hit and finding a decent 6.3m mid... My hope is they come good with still having something to play for, and a reasonable two fixtures to end the season on.
How about you just get albrighton. Much cheaper and you cant argue with the form or fixtures at the moment.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

One slightly punty option for those looking to offload Henderson to a similar priced midfielder could be to look at Sunderland bearing in mind their upcoming double.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

ctibbits wrote:

How about you just get albrighton. Much cheaper and you cant argue with the form or fixtures at the moment.
this. I'm starting Albrighton and benching Hendo this week.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

gallus wrote:
ctibbits wrote:

The thing is the move is more focused around replacing Moreno (as opposed to Bertrand) than Henderson... This would just be my way of funding it. Is Albrighton over Henderson really worth the hit?

It is essentially a case of Moreno and Henderson +4, versus Bertrand and Albrighton for a hit.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Notned wrote:
gallus wrote:
ctibbits wrote:

The thing is the move is more focused around replacing Moreno (as opposed to Bertrand) than Henderson... This would just be my way of funding it. Is Albrighton over Henderson really worth the hit?

It is essentially a case of Moreno and Henderson +4, versus Bertrand and Albrighton for a hit.
I'd say replacing Moreno is worth it because he's not starting anymore. But my OR is 150k so what do I know. :P

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

gallus wrote:
Notned wrote:
gallus wrote:
ctibbits wrote:

I'd say replacing Moreno is worth it because he's not starting anymore. But my OR is 150k so what do I know. :P
Ideally I would like rid, but I can always just bench him this week and play Schlupp. Means playing Henderson against Chelsea, but still probably preferable to taking a hit?

thekrumcake
FISOhead

Post by thekrumcake »

I look forward to next season, when I can ignore all Liverpool players again :evil:

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: Liverpool DGW Discussion Thread

Post by Sammy the Crab »

thekrumcake wrote:I look forward to next season, when I can ignore all Liverpool players again :evil:
I second this :evil:

Getting Sterling & Henderson in for the DGW has been a disaster. Silva (previously in my team) outscored their three game score in the Spurs game alone.

ctibbits
Dumbledore

Post by ctibbits »

Notned wrote:
gallus wrote:
Notned wrote:
gallus wrote:
ctibbits wrote:

Ideally I would like rid, but I can always just bench him this week and play Schlupp. Means playing Henderson against Chelsea, but still probably preferable to taking a hit?
Well I don't think Moreno lost his place, just that he was nursing an injury. After this week Palace at home and Stoke away is not a bad run for Moreno at all. Henderson on the other hand seems useless to me as Gerard is back and took the pens from him. So I would wonder what the urgency of dropping Bertrand is. Just do Henderson :arrow: Albrighton this week. And then use your free next week with a large bank to adjust?

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

ctibbits wrote:So I would wonder what the urgency of dropping Bertrand is.
as advised elsewhere, Lei and Villa are freely scoring as of recently

both involved in the fight to beat the drop

Code: Select all

GW   opp      GF  GA
AVL	28	WBA	H	2	1
AVL	29	SUN	A	4	0
AVL	30	SWA	H	0	1
AVL	31	MUN	A	1	3
AVL	32	TOT	A	1	0
AVL	33	QPR	H	3	3
AVL	34	MCI	A	2	3
AVL	35	EVE	H	3	2

LEI	30	TOT	A	3	4
LEI	31	WHU	H	2	1
LEI	32	WBA	A	3	2
LEI	33	SWA	H	2	0
LEI	34	BUR	A	1	0
LEI	35	NEW	H	3	0
while Saints are not as watertight as they used to be

Code: Select all

SOU	26	LIV	H	0	2
SOU	27	WBA	A	0	1
SOU	28	CRY	H	1	0
SOU	29	CHE	A	1	1
SOU	30	BUR	H	2	0
SOU	31	EVE	A	0	1
SOU	32	HUL	H	2	0
SOU	33	STK	A	1	2
SOU	34	TOT	H	2	2
SOU	35	SUN	A	1	2
despite having played last ones with Yoshi in the back and Alder as added screen in front of the backline

suddenly their fixutres lei, AVL, mci don't look as promising as they could be just 3 week ago

I'm concerned as well as I have a block: KDavis, Bertrand, Alder...
shipping Bertrand is not a priority, but it has become an option to consider, besides he'd free more monay than Moreno too

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

ctibbits wrote:
Notned wrote:
gallus wrote:
Notned wrote:
gallus wrote:
ctibbits wrote:

Well I don't think Moreno lost his place, just that he was nursing an injury. After this week Palace at home and Stoke away is not a bad run for Moreno at all. Henderson on the other hand seems useless to me as Gerard is back and took the pens from him. So I would wonder what the urgency of dropping Bertrand is. Just do Henderson :arrow: Albrighton this week. And then use your free next week with a large bank to adjust?
Thanks for the advice, but I've altered my plan all together now to something which feels far more 'right'. Just call me captain indecisive :lol:

I came to a similar conclusion regarding Moreno, so will now be keeping him and benching this week. Henderson will become Cazorla, funded by downgrading Bertrand for similar reasons as outlined above by Mose.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”