To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Liverpool DGW Discussion Thread

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
spiderm4tt
FPL Champion 2012/13

Re: Liverpool DGW Discussion Thread

Post by spiderm4tt »

Silva tweeted 'all tests went well & he's home'. I assume this means no fractured cheek bone thankfully, but the question remains to whether he was concussed or not?

He clearly looked conscious, but did look a bit groggy. He could have been suffering from concussion as the medical team treated it as a head injury using a neck collar, spinal board & O2.

If it's a head injury (concussion) then he will be on a day-by-day graded rehab this week away from full on training. Even if all goes well with no set backs each day, he still won't be allowed to train fully until 5 days after his head injury, which will be Friday, and he won't be allowed to return to play until the 6th day, which is just in time for the game Saturday.

I think if he's not in full training this week, then it's a head injury. He could be doubtful to play Saturday even if returns to full training Friday. If he is in full training this week then it's good news as it's not a head injury.

Might keep him now and scrap the 3 Liverpool mids plan if he's likely to return GW34 or GW35 at latest. Will see what happens this week.

icefish
Treebeard

Post by icefish »

spiderm4tt wrote:
icefish wrote:If Silva is out I might have all three of Sterling, Coutinho, Henderson. Dno if it´s sensible yet.
I think it's a good move, especially if Silva is out, and also with Sturridge not looking a good pick at moment. I've planned on owning these 3 Liverpool mids for a bit now due to lack of Sturridge, but I didn't want to lose Silva just yet.

I was going to get maybe Skrtel or Moreno instead to go with Henderson & Sterling. With Silva looking likely to be out now I think I'll make this move and own all three - even for a hit. They have nice GW35 fixtures too. But as usual it's best to wait for Friday's team news as a week is a long time in FPL!
I must say, I´m extremely tempted to go down this route. My only concern is I then probably have to field two Liverpool midfielders going to the Bridge in gw 36 unless I take a hit and get in my 2 Arsenal players (Sanchez+Özil/Ramsey) and downgrade Iva before gw 36. Not sure I´m satisfied with taking a hit so close to the season.

But yes, as you say, I will mull it over, and make my transfers at the end of the week.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

I think the midfielders is where the real choice is at the moment. I had planned just to get Henderson, which would have given me enough money to do Kane :arrow: Sturridge (-4). With Sturridge not looking a good gamble, and it's all in the air at the moment. Here is my current assessment:

Henderson : Solid, likely to play both DGW games, but after talking to a few Liverpool fans I think Gerrard's presence could ruin him with a lack of penalties, set pieces, and probably having to sit back more.

Coutinho : Has to be the hipsters choice, under the radar for so long and has been playing well but the goal threat, creativity and attacking output stats do not really compare particularly favourably with Sterling. On the plus side Sterling seems to need about 5 good opportunities to score one game, and Coutinho seemingly only needs an opportunity to have a go!

Sterling : One of the most overrated FPL picks at points in this season, worryingly bad at finishing, but the most likely to get into good areas. Should have scored more playing up front for Liverpool, but still his output had been pretty decent compared with other midfielders, I have a minor concern that Brendan will just decide to give him a rest. :?

I would love for the Henderson & Sturridge combo to be worth it for me, but I don't think it will be. Coutinho vs Sterling is difficult, as I do get the feeling Coutinho is a great players who could perform better in terms of FPL output than he has, whereas Sterling regularly disappoints me watching him.

Fact is it's going to be very random, didn't Andros Townsend come out quite well from the Spurs DGW? :lol:

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Re: RE: Re: Liverpool DGW Discussion Thread

Post by liquidfootball2 »

icefish wrote:
spiderm4tt wrote:
icefish wrote:If Silva is out I might have all three of Sterling, Coutinho, Henderson. Dno if it´s sensible yet.
I think it's a good move, especially if Silva is out, and also with Sturridge not looking a good pick at moment. I've planned on owning these 3 Liverpool mids for a bit now due to lack of Sturridge, but I didn't want to lose Silva just yet.

I was going to get maybe Skrtel or Moreno instead to go with Henderson & Sterling. With Silva looking likely to be out now I think I'll make this move and own all three - even for a hit. They have nice GW35 fixtures too. But as usual it's best to wait for Friday's team news as a week is a long time in FPL!
I must say, I´m extremely tempted to go down this route. My only concern is I then probably have to field two Liverpool midfielders going to the Bridge in gw 36 unless I take a hit and get in my 2 Arsenal players (Sanchez+Özil/Ramsey) and downgrade Iva before gw 36. Not sure I´m satisfied with taking a hit so close to the season.

But yes, as you say, I will mull it over, and make my transfers at the end of the week.
Similar idea icefish, if Silva is ruled out i'll get Henderson and one of the other two to add to Moreno.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Carlos Kickaball wrote: Coutinho : Has to be the hipsters choice, under the radar for so long and has been playing well but the goal threat, creativity and attacking output stats do not really compare particularly favourably with Sterling
Just wanted to take issue with this assessment which is counter to my information. Stats over the last 6 GWs (Coutinho's numbers on the left, Sterling on the right):

Key passes: 12 vs 6
Passes in final third: 129 vs 84
Probing in the opposition box ( :lol: :lol: ): 18 vs 9
Successful crosses: 3 vs 3
Through balls: 6 vs 2
Goal attempts involved in: 29 vs 16
Goal attempt assists: 12 vs 6
Big chances created: 2 vs 0
Total Goal attempts: 17 vs 10
Shots inside the box: 6 vs 7
Shots on target: 5 vs 3

http://allthingsfpl.com/fantasy-footbal ... =&season=0

Now I know that the Sterling numbers are skewed by the fact that he's played RWB a fair bit of late (2 of the 5 games according to football lineups), but there's nothing to suggest that Coutinho's numbers are poor and Sterling may or may not return to the right, or play alongside Coutinho when Sturridge returns.

I'm going to go with Coutinho + 1, not least because Coutinho is cheap enough to stay in my team as a fourth midfielder (in the Eriksen spot) until season end. My main choice on the remaining LIverpool spot is whether to go with the crowd (Sterling) alongside him or not. At the moment, I think I will.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Notned wrote:Any idea how fast and drastic the price changes will be this week?
At the moment, Silva is bar far the most transferred out midfielder going by the CtC NTI stat (which I assume is accurate for daily changes in ownership). FPLS have him about 70% to a drop as well so I think he's going to go sooner that we might like.

Eriksen is also dropping (6 times slower than Silva, but still the 3rd most transferred out player) and is closer to a drop so I think both will go down soon.

The risers don't seem as likey to go up soon, but Sterling is receiving the most transfers in currently.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

My most recent tentative plan is Coutinho, Sterling and Skrtel - I was really hoping for better news on Sturridge but going with both him and Remy would seem a risk too far even if Rodgers gives us a positive update.

I'm actually hoping Silva is out now to make the 'who to sell of Sanchez and Silva' question a bit easier.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Mav3rick wrote:
Notned wrote:Any idea how fast and drastic the price changes will be this week?
At the moment, Silva is bar far the most transferred out midfielder going by the CtC NTI stat (which I assume is accurate for daily changes in ownership). FPLS have him about 70% to a drop as well so I think he's going to go sooner that we might like.

Eriksen is also dropping (6 times slower than Silva, but still the 3rd most transferred out player) and is closer to a drop so I think both will go down soon.

The risers don't seem as likey to go up soon, but Sterling is receiving the most transfers in currently.
Thanks mate, good to know. I am reluctant to take Silva out yet until we know definitive news either way, it's either him or Cazorla that makes way for the second Liverpool mid, but it may be worth removing Eriksen now as he goes regardless.

In terms of which Liverpool players to go for, the three mids is tempting, but I can't help thinking it it slight overkill
; if I went down this route I think it would be more due to indecisiveness over who I prefer between Sterling and Coutinho more than anything. Think the plan is;

Wollscheid :arrow: Moreno
Eriksen :arrow: Henderson

and then, for -4

Silva/Cazorla :arrow: Sterling/Coutinho

The last one is obviously dependant on Silva news. I would be reluctant to take him out if fit with a home tie against Villa, but although not the initial plan, fielding Cazorla against Chelsea would open up opportunities; would mean after bringing Giroud in GW35, I could have two Arsenal players away at Hull, whilst still maintaining the full Liverpool quota for QPR, which could give me a slight edge. In this case I would also have a spare transfer available to address any issue which arises as well as having three Arsenal come their double.

Silva going would also open up the possibility of Sterling and Coutinho, although I like Henderson for consistency and assurances of minutes..

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Taking Eriksen out now, that may be all this week depending on the Silva news - have one ft over so i'll consider whether to go with five or six doublers. Very tempted with a Giroud and Benteke double change next week for Kane and Remy.

So for now Eriksen -> Henderson

sunnO)))jihai
FISOhead

Post by sunnO)))jihai »

I own Sterling since GW32 and will bring in Moreno & Coutinho for 2FT. Originally planned to go with Sterling & Henderson only, but Gerrard's return & Alder's injury have changed my mind. This would give me a potential 7 doublers (incl. Bruce, who I might bench) and the funds to go for Giroud straight away in GW35 & then two further Arsenal players in time for their double.

Silva is a bit of a headache, as is Remy, so I won't rule out a hit or two just yet.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Mav3rick wrote:
Carlos Kickaball wrote: Coutinho : Has to be the hipsters choice, under the radar for so long and has been playing well but the goal threat, creativity and attacking output stats do not really compare particularly favourably with Sterling
Just wanted to take issue with this assessment which is counter to my information. Stats over the last 6 GWs (Coutinho's numbers on the left, Sterling on the right):
You're right over the last 6 game weeks (5 games in Liverpool's case), Coutinho's numbers are better than Stirling's, but looking at the sample size it's a marginally flattering on for Coutinho with is numbers for the 6 weeks before a little worse. Equally for Sterling as you say it's skewed by his pitch position, and I don't think just on the times he played wingback, here are the average pitch positions for Sterling in those 5 games.

Perhaps this is just reflective of where Rodgers is more likely to play him over the DGW however. :?

I think it's interesting to see that Coutinho has actually outperformed Sterling recently though, and not just because Sterling has been bad, Coutinho's numbers have been very good, I'm thinking this is tipping me towards Coutinho. Just from watching the games recently I've felt Coutinho could get in the points, but I've found it hard to deny that Sterling's had a vast amount of opportunities to score.
Carlos Kickaball wrote:Coutinho vs Sterling is difficult, as I do get the feeling Coutinho is a great players who could perform better in terms of FPL output than he has, whereas Sterling regularly disappoints me watching him.
Last edited by Carlos Kickaball on 20 Apr 2015, 11:02, edited 1 time in total.

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

For those wondering about Silva:

Sky Sports News HQ ‏@SkySportsNewsHQ 36 minutes ago
BREAKING: Tests show that @MCFC's David Silva has not suffered a fractured cheekbone. #SSNHQ

I still think i'll do Silva+Eriksen :arrow: Coutinho/Sterling+Henderson. Still waiting on news for Rose and Alderweireld.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

I have Bruce too, but he'll still be nailed to my bench. I don't think i'll regret it, can see Palace beating them easily and Liverpool being too much - i reckon he might scrape 3 from the two games.

Razzler
FISOhead

Post by Razzler »

My original plan was:

Eriksen :arrow: Fabregas
Rose :arrow: Moreno/Skrtel

Now I am considering Coutinho in in some way :/

Don't you hate those players you bring in but just CANNOT shift? That is Rose, for me. Planned to move him about 4 times now :lol:

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

I'm just wondering how nailed on do people think that Liverpool players are to play 150 minutes+ in the DGW.

Henderson, Škrtel and Mignolet are surely three of the most nailed on, but what about Coutinho, Sterling and Moreno?

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Moreno will almost certainly get 60 plus in each, 120 plus if evenly divided is fine with me

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

I think I would agree, I expect Moreno is their only real option to play there, and would be surprised to see him dropped.

Sterling and Coutinho I think should both be fine, but I can't help but be a little worried that either Sterling will suddenly get a rest all of a sudden, or Coutinho get benched like he seemed to be earlier in the season. I suppose that is true of Sterling, Coutinho and Moreno recently, they've all had times when they've missed games, but recently they've played 60 minutes+ of the vast majority of, if not all, matches.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Sterling and Coutinho are in the team to create goals and are Liverpools best source for that right now. If they are to be 'rested' (what for when they've nothing else left to play for but top 4 God knows) then who would replace them?

Lambert, Borini, Balotelli or Markovic? :lol:

Sturridge and Lallana aren't fit, sterling and Coutinho are nailed on especially after a week recovery/training before the DGW

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Not sure how accurate it is, but physioroom actually have Lallana expected back this week.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Has Ibe been mentioned as a potential player to get in one's DGW-team? Cheap as chips and he is a starter by the looks of it, also attack-minded. Perhaps he will be this DGW's bargain when, instead, everybody falls over Henderson, Coutinho, and Sterling.

Ah, just browsed back some pages and found Mav3rick questioning the same thing. With regards to his question: I am, yes.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

From4corners wrote: Ah, just browsed back some pages and found Mav3rick questioning the same thing. With regards to his question: I am, yes.
The silence was deafening (and probably quite telling). :P

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

That's part of my concern really, with Lallana returning, and with Marković a possibility, are Coutinho and Sterling nailed!?

I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that a fit Lallana or Marković would start a game.

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Post by bigcliff2 »

I have Moreno and Coutinho. Tempted to do Eriksen to Sterling

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Post by bigcliff2 »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:That's part of my concern really, with Lallana returning, and with Marković a possibility, are Coutinho and Sterling nailed!?

I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that a fit Lallana or Marković would start a game.
Coutinho is 100% nailed on imo as he's been comfortably our vast player for a while now. Sterling should be good to as well, especially if Sturridge is out

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Still in a quandary here. Have 3xChelsea and Vardy and 1FT. Will bring in a defender (most probably Skrtel) because my defence is a mess (Bellerin, Rose and Naughton could all miss this week).

I had originally planned to bring in 1 midfielder for Ki most probably Henderson. But if Gerrard plays then Henderson's attractiveness decreases somewhat. So now what? I could make a case for any one of Coutinho, Sterling or Henderson and suspect that 1 or 2 of them will hit double figures this week - the problem is that it could be any one of them - meaning that the chances of getting it right are about 50/50. Does anyone have a coin?

Alternatively, I could save my 4 pts and just stick with what I've got (but if Silva isn't fit that means playing both Ki and Phillips). Or I could bring in 2 midfielders (but that would mean taking Silva out - probably for the season) for an 8 pt hit. Or I could even bring in a second Liverpool defender/goalkeeper (Myhill's fixtures turn ugly and Krul has a horrible defence in front of him) - giving me 3 DGW defenders.

Any thoughts?

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

From4corners wrote:Has Ibe been mentioned as a potential player to get in one's DGW-team? Cheap as chips and he is a starter by the looks of it, also attack-minded. Perhaps he will be this DGW's bargain when, instead, everybody falls over Henderson, Coutinho, and Sterling.

Ah, just browsed back some pages and found Mav3rick questioning the same thing. With regards to his question: I am, yes.
Ibe has played 1 game since injury, was quite anonymous (when we were playing quite well and his partners in the front 3 (Coutinho/Sterling) were looking good from memory) and was subbed off. Not at the level he was about 2 months back pre-injury.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

I was pleased to see him get subbed off 2 mins short of a clean sheet at NEW away, where one of my rivals had him.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

After faffing about with my team on the train this morning, I am now pretty much commited to going with Skrtel, Coutinho and Sterling as my preferred Liverpool players for the double.

I am still a bit tempted by Gerrard over Sterling for the set pieces and penalties. He will be a big differential this week (transferred in by 25 today compared to 10,000 for Sterling) and if I were chasing a lead then he's a decent punt IMO. Not much talk at all about him, but I reckon he will get the game time. To be honest, I might go for him over Coutinho instead (much less ranking risk) if I can work out a way to free the funds.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Gerrard was anonymous on sunday but was taking (AKA wasting) a lot of the set pieces. I'd drop him if I was Rodgers (especially if Lucas is fit - haven't heard anything on his injury)

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Ben Dinnery when asked about Lucas' prospects of playing at the weekend, yesterday tweeted

@MjBlanco25 We'll see ..... From what I know the injury does not seem serious #Lucas

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”