To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW32 Captain

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

GW32 Captain

Aguero (mun)
3%
Berahino (LEI)
1%
Benteke (tot)
No votes
Cazorla (bur)
No votes
Coutinho (NEW)
No votes
Downing (STO)
No votes
Eriksen (AVL)
No votes
Fabregas (qpr)
No votes
Giroud (bur)
2%
Gomis (EVE)
No votes
Hazard (qpr)
22%
Ivanovic (qpr)
1%
Kane (AVL)
63%
Mane (HUL)
No votes
Mata (MCI)
No votes
Murray (sun)
No votes
Ozil (bur)
No votes
Remy (qpr)
3%
Rooney (MCI)
No votes
Sakho (STO)
No votes
Sanchez (bur)
1%
Sigurdsson (EVE)
No votes
Silva (mun)
No votes
Sterling (NEW)
No votes
Sturridge (NEW)
4%

Total votes: 97

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Re: GW32 Captain

Post by scarletjim »

Interesting that Kane currently has about 2.5 x Hazard's votes, yet reading the commentary, it sounds like marginally more people prefer Hazard... Wonder if that means anything, or is just coincidence that so many of the Kane voters haven't commented... :/

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Finisher1 wrote:Very tough one between Hazard and Kane. Could go either way.

At the moment on Hazard because of additional point for goal and CS and bigger likelihood for bonus points.
I changed my mind and I will captain Kane. Hazard is a good option too, but Kane is a monster.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Archy wrote:I agree Sturridge is a gamble but I'm not going to make significant inroads by doing the same as everyone else.
I get that sounds like a reasonable punt, good luck I hope he stays fit for you, but I hope mine will be even better this week. :lol:

I have settled on Kane, it's marginal over Hazard and Sánchez, especially when you look at the odds, but my feeling is that QPR will put in a better performance than usual and also be fairly reserved, and Burnley have looked slightly more resilient recently despite playing 3 strikers and 2 wingers every week. Sherwood is a terrible manager whose teams seem to mainly give out batterings, get battered, and generally be involved in high scoring games, I thought it might change managing at a bottom half club but it really hasn't. My only concern is that Spurs are a little Spursy, and Kane had quite poor games when they've struggled, I just think it would be hard to not turn up against Villa. :lol:

Rémy and Sturridge are worth a mention for captaincy, as I think either could really perform this week and post a big score, but I would be slightly concerned about their game time and sharpness. I am actually surprised at how little mention Sánchez has got, because the guy is a world class monster who has looked dangerous ever since he exploded earlier in the season, but I do fear this could be the game Wenger decides to take him off quite early.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:I have settled on Kane, it's marginal over Hazard and Sánchez, especially when you look at the odds, but my feeling is that QPR will put in a better performance than usual and also be fairly reserved, and Burnley have looked slightly more resilient recently despite playing 3 strikers and 2 wingers every week. Sherwood is a terrible manager whose teams seem to mainly give out battenings, get battered, and generally be involved in high scoring games, I thought it might change managing at a bottom half club but it really hasn't.
Oh yeah, that one too.

But the primary reason is that Kane is a monster! :lol:

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

like most I'm struggling between Kane and Hazard, think I'm going to go Hazard on the basis of QPR being even worse than Villa.

From what I have seen, QPR seem to be having a right go at teams, playing two up top and taking the attitude that they are not going down without a fight, I think they will have a go at Chelsea and with the form Hazard is in (he's probably the best in the league at the moment) he could rip them to pieces.

Villa are also poor but with the pace they have up front they can set up to counter attack, prior to their last two games they only conceded two in four (including the FA cup game)

Thought Spurs were really poor at Burnley, would expect them to improve against Villa but I just think Villa could frustrate them, probably still lose, but maybe by the odd goal, I can see Chelsea putting 3 or 4 past QPR. And on that basis I'm going Hazard (for the time being!!)
Last edited by Gambit on 10 Apr 2015, 20:23, edited 1 time in total.

NoProspects
Kevin and Perry

Post by NoProspects »

I'm surprised at the lack of Giroud action, lone striker for the league's form team who beat Burnley 3-0 without him in the reverse fixture, could fill his boots there

redchemist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by redchemist »

QPR have had 5 league clean sheets in 31 games.

I'm going for Hazard.

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

scarletjim wrote:Interesting that Kane currently has about 2.5 x Hazard's votes, yet reading the commentary, it sounds like marginally more people prefer Hazard... Wonder if that means anything, or is just coincidence that so many of the Kane voters haven't commented... :/
Perhaps all the Hazard Captainers are voting Kane?

Classic obfuscation tactics.

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

But by that logic wouldn't the poll be a false representation every week?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

scarletjim wrote:Interesting that Kane currently has about 2.5 x Hazard's votes, yet reading the commentary, it sounds like marginally more people prefer Hazard... Wonder if that means anything, or is just coincidence that so many of the Kane voters haven't commented... :/
It's about the same on the FFS poll too, so that would suggest it's about correct.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:Sherwood is a terrible manager whose teams seem to mainly give out batterings, get battered, and generally be involved in high scoring games, I thought it might change managing at a bottom half club but it really hasn't. My only concern is that Spurs are a little Spursy, and Kane had quite poor games when they've struggled, I just think it would be hard to not turn up against Villa. :lol:
+1 to all of this.

Kane (C)
Giroud (V)

tsubasa_sama
Red & Blue Braces

Post by tsubasa_sama »

Eden Michael Hazard

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

Every poll is putting Kane comfortably ahead so it nullifies the captaincy really which is good if you want to protect your rank but as Archy said significant progress could really be made if a differential comes good (like Sturridge).

I'm going with the crowd and Kane - Hazard is reasonably backed too and so not as much of a differential as other candidates.

nufctoon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by nufctoon »

Only two votes (me and Archy?) for Sturridge. Don't do it to yourself!

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Mav3rick wrote:
It's about the same on the FFS poll too, so that would suggest it's about correct.
I'd expect that the polls is still skewed on the back of the hattrick two weeks ago tbh (last weeks polls were very skewed by that anyway imo, with Kane nowhere near the others as a prospect but still getting a sizeable percentage). I'd put Kane and Hazard much closer than the polls suggest this week too - QPR and Villa are both very capable of collapsing on their day - but possibly Kane is ever so slightly ahead with home advantage.

Generally speaking I'd agree with Hazard if you're chasing, Kane if you're leading, and Sturridge if you're Archy. That said, even though I'm personally chasing my desired finishing position I'll be going with the ownership/poll numbers this week. With a wildcard in my pocket there will be other times to take the risk for my team.

d_manager
Treebeard

Post by d_manager »

my direct rival who is 100 pts ahead will most likely be captaining and vice captaining Kane and Hazard. I just don't want to end up with the same captain this week with so few GW's left. Is Sanchez to big a gamble away to Burnley? I'm thinking Sanchez or Eriksen...

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

NoProspects wrote:I'm surprised at the lack of Giroud action, lone striker for the league's form team who beat Burnley 3-0 without him in the reverse fixture, could fill his boots there
Duff and Shackell kept both Aguero and England's great white hope Harry Kane quiet in their last two Turf Moor fixtures. I can see them doing the same to Giroud tonight.

Multiple Scorgasms
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Multiple Scorgasms »

Just started Kane-ing down with rain. Must be a sign as was supposed to be good weather today :D

Kane captain it is

Robin Write
FISO Knight
FS Record: Risky Business

Post by Robin Write »

Sturridge (Eriksen)

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

Kane for me. The Sherwood back at WHL factor is there but neither Villa or QPR can defend (as witnessed on Monday night) so the home fixture just edges it or me. Before anyone starts crowing later on, it is a tight decision and no matter what anyone says, there isn't an obvious or clear choice.

Bergkamp_22
FISOhead
FS Record: 2,263 points

Post by Bergkamp_22 »

Taken a chance on Remy, when he's come on as a sub, goal. On his start last GW, goal. Had enough of ruining captaincy, felt he was worth the chance as a big differential this week.

Joshua82
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Consecutive top 3k finishes in FPL (2013-2015)

Post by Joshua82 »

Had it on Kane all week but changed to Hazard at the last hour because I`m chasing and need to take a risk or two (not that there is much in it but the majority will captain Harry!).

Please FPL gods, bring me some luck!

Fergi222
FISOhead
FS Record: DreamTeam Champion 20/21, Highest FPL Rank 715th, Top 100 in Sky and TFF

Post by Fergi222 »

Kane (Hazard)

Can smell a goalfest at the Lane today.....

Also hoping Mane will rip Hull a new one, if he starts :S

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

Sturridge (c), Kane (v)
Going with my gut feeling after it worked out alright last GW

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Went with the crowd and captained Kane. 68% of the top 10k have done the same so I feel like the risk is significantly reduced this week. Only Hazard (18%) has a significant following other than Kane.

mayweather
FISOhead

Post by mayweather »

kane cpt this week. because last time i picked kun he missed sitters and kane got 3 including a wrong penalty given. as soon as i put him cpt he blanks against villa. would love to see some sort of change regarding captaincy. maybe if he gets doesnt get clean sheet,assist,goal the vice would auto come in. its just frustrating seeing good teams ruined every week by sheer good/bad luck. watch and see hazard run a cricket score tomorrow in his 100th game.

RidleyMTB
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RidleyMTB »

Swayed by polls and rank safeguarding again and went with Kane rather than my gut feeling of Hazard.

Only got myself to blame but being in the top 1000 actually makes the game less fun and far too serious.

Archy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maybe all is not lost after all

Post by Archy »

nufctoon wrote:Only two votes (me and Archy?) for Sturridge. Don't do it to yourself!
I just hope Sturridge is fit enough to do the armband justice!

After Kane's blank today though it's already looking like it wasn't a bad decision :D

I originally brought him in as a 1 week punt but with the DGW now in GW34 it changes things and he'll probably stay on the bench next week ready to (hopefully) do more damage in GW34

cheesebeast

Post by cheesebeast »

RidleyMTB wrote:Swayed by polls and rank safeguarding again and went with Kane rather than my gut feeling of Hazard.

Only got myself to blame but being in the top 1000 actually makes the game less fun and far too serious.
I think the top players are way too conservative, the play it safe mentality seems to override the thinking of most.

I realise you have to pick your moment, but most of the top players seem too worried about points lost if e.g. they don't captain Kane and he gets many points, they will lose so much ground, they don't want to take that risk.

Of the top 10, 8 captained Kane.

These are the guys in with a chance of catching the leader. And they need to do something a bit different if they want to try and win the whole comp, and weeks are running out, as the leader has a decent margin which the chasers need to overcome.

Yet they all opted to play it safe, and give themselves little chance of making up any points on the leader this week. Maybe apart from the odd single player differential.

34 of the top 50 captained Kane.

I think the risk this week was not that great. Yes, there was a chance Kane might get say 12 points and Hazard 3. But realistically, I think it was quite likely they would score a similar number of points this week, and yet we saw a big bias for Kane captain, I think bigger than most polls. If we accept that Hazard and Kane would quite likely score a similar number of points, I am a bit surprised more did not take a chance on Hazard.

Ridley, this post is not a criticism of your decision/angst in any way, just a general observation of mine. You seem to have had a pretty good week so far, the punt on Murray paid off big time, you should get a green arrow this week.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Top players are too conservative, you say?

Maybe the majority top players are there exactly because they are conservative and make more safe decisions?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”