To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Remy - is the time right?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Steve Joe 2KFun
Kevin and Perry

Re: Remy - is the time right?

Post by Steve Joe 2KFun »

Drew_Peacock wrote:I'm getting rid-wildcard next week so will reassess then.
I am going to use my WC next week also. I really like the thought of Remy as a third Chelsea player but cant decide which is best. He could be worth the shot though and then go straight to Giroud with him for week 36 right?

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

The mrs has her WC still to play, even if Remy scores a hatrick against Man U (which he won't) he won't be her 3rd Chelsea player (Ivanovich and Hazard atm obviously)

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

if you haven't got Remy I see little point in bringing him in this GW, he may not play (or get reduced time) and it's a very tough game, surely best to wait and see how he looks before the DGW, and you will also hopefully have more info on the Liverpool players which may help make up your mind.

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

Gambit wrote:t's a very tough game.
Not with United's injuries, it isn't. It's now about how many Chelski get - I fear three and Remy could get one or two of them.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

really? I know utd have lost some key players but I would be surprised if they slumped to a heavy defeat, Chelsea are the best team in the league and with the injuries, especially to carrick, I can see them winning but don't think they will run riot.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

I've just transferred him in.

Not even drunk. Possibly just slightly crazy. Fortune favours the brave and all that, though...

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

Utd are struggling at the back now especially with Jones, Rojo and Blind being out all at once. Demi on ffs team sheets is predicting Paddy McNair to be alongside Smalling with Luke Shaw filling in at left-back (Valencia continuing at right back).

Add to that the disruption of possibly Utd's main man in their recent upsurge, Michael Carrick (Fellaini has also been important), being also out and Rooney having to possibly drop back to cover and it looks like a great opportunity for Chelsea, and Remy as their main striker upfront could get quite a few chances to get a decent haul.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

@BenDinnery: Early May IMO ... Costa will join the group next week but won't be risked

Not sure how accurate Ben normally is and may not and probably doesn't know too much more than others but chimes with other snippets i've read.

djskope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by djskope »

Hoping I don't get burned yet again by last weekend's early transfer grab - I do them to catch the overnight rises and beat the falls and normally they work out ok

Took a -4 to bring Remy in for Austin at 5p.m. last Saturday (other transfer was Pantsman OUT Davis IN - Standard.)

Bricking it now! :|

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

Doesn't make the squad. Shit it.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

I doubt I'll be taking out Rémy unless he is ruled out, or Costa will be back for the first game of the double. Hasn't gone well though.

arv
Treebeard

Post by arv »

I feel those who signed him before he got injured got really unlucky. Hoping he makes the DGW now.

SunderMan
Wideboy

Post by SunderMan »

What a very annoying substitution Remy has turned out to be.

Will be getting rid for the DGW and using Fabregas as my 3rd Chelsea player.

With all my bench players having no game, I now have only 10 playing players. Double-Whammy!

Will be glad to see the back of him to be honest.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Me too, he was always going to be Giroud by GW35, but now it just depends whether he becomes Sturridge for GW34.

At least Murray didn't do anything this week to add salt to the wound.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Yep, typical.

In saying that though I'm not all that bothered in a way; my most likely alternative transfer would have been to bring in a Liverpool player a week early and bench him, and I wouldn't have expected too much from Remy against United anyway, so anything from him this week would have just been a bonus. It was more part of a wider plan for the double... I just hope now that my suspicions are correct and that Costa isn't ready for the double (and Remy is), otherwise I really have ballsed up, and could be faced with taking an 8 point hit next week to rectify it...

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

This whole Remy situation is enormously frustrating, but has the potential to really pay off for his owners. There won't be many bringing him in now, so if he plays both games of the double (entirely possible) and scores big (also entirely possible), we're laughing.

Stocker16
Treebeard

Post by Stocker16 »

Was supposed to be my short term saviour and has left me and many other frustrated, but I don't expect his predecessor to do much either so could be worse, will keep for the double and change (likely to Giroud) before GW 35 as I imagine Costa will be back.

If he scores during the DGW then I'll be happy

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Agreed with both posts really. I'll most likely be holding, barring an absolute stormer from Strurridge and any definitive news on Costa. Think it is very possible he will play a good chunk of the double, will now be a bit of a differential, and there isn't exactly an abundance of viable alternatives either.

TriXaM
FISOhead

Post by TriXaM »

Reports of an ankle injury for Drogba. Hope this paves the way for Remy's return for the DGW, providing he's fit enough. Hoping he will be at least, after being almost ready for the weekend just gone but still not appearing.

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/foo ... --sow.html

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Or Cuadrado up front?

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Or Fabregas as a false 9? Unlikely.

ruudy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ruudy »

Can't believe how easily Chelsea have won the league with half a striker.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: Remy - is the time right?

ruudy wrote:Can't believe how easily Chelsea have won the league with half a striker.
It has an awful lot to do with the respective managers, Mourinho vs Pelligrini - no contest, about as unequal a match as you can get.

Chelsea had a brilliant transfer window hardly costing anything in net spend while City spent millions to go backwards.

Calvin1979
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Ruined by real life responsibilities

Re: RE: Re: Remy - is the time right?

Post by Calvin1979 »

liquidfootball2 wrote:Chelsea had a brilliant transfer window hardly costing anything in net spend while City spent millions to go backwards.
There was a brilliant piece in The Independent a few weeks back stating that City had spent over £350m in the last three seasons yet only two of the starting XI had changed.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Could be clutching at straws, but news of a potential Drogba injury has definitely made me a bit more confident in owning Remy.

ctibbits
Dumbledore
FS Record: Won "The Bet" 2014/15

Post by ctibbits »

Notned wrote:Could be clutching at straws, but news of a potential Drogba injury has definitely made me a bit more confident in owning Remy.
Not to discourage you but as mentioned above regarding Cuadrado. I was thinking to myself fin each of the two previous games that he would come on for Drogba in the 60-70th minute. He is perfect for that role and think he would be used there in a pinch. But the good news is Mourinho will let us know for sure on Friday :roll:

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

I'm very suspicious at all the publicity for missing a charity game. It seems all too orchestrated to me and makes me think Jose had no intention of letting him play it, and thought better to leak an injury niggle to the press.

um09a2k
Grumpy Old Man

Post by um09a2k »

Mav3rick wrote:Or Cuadrado up front?
Oh dear I hope we don't do that.

I think one of Costa or Remy will be ok to face Arsenal. Worst case scenario would be playing someone like Hazard as a false 9 like Liverpool are currently doing with Sterling.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

um09a2k wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:Or Cuadrado up front?
Oh dear I hope we don't do that.
Why is that? He has played there for Fiorentina at times as well (actually started in that position as well when starting his professional career). I wouldn't be surprised to see him start in this position against Arsenal if Costa, Drogba, and Remy are still injured and utilise Cuadrado's speed to catch Arsenal on the break.

ruudy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ruudy »

I suspect Chelsea will just be content no to lose so could play anybody up there that can hold a ball.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”