To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Remy - is the time right?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Re: Remy - is the time right?

Post by Mav3rick »

You mean Corkinho, master of the tapinho? I still expect Remy to make a recovery and come on for a point.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Remy's injury seems to have worked out ok for a fair few people by the looks. There's a number with wba or Arsenal defenders that i've seen. And there's a pretty good chance CK would have had Siggy on his bench too. :o

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

I was edging towards benching Kane to be honest as Newcastle have been lax at the back for weeks, also part of the reason for getting Ospina for 36, as it is we got the information I decided that both were better options than Rémy. I will probably bench Sigurðsson in 37 if I do Cambiasso :arrow: Larsson.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Don't know if its relevant or not but Chelsea appear to have deleted the tweet about Remy not being available from their feed. No mention of it on CFC.com either.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

I hear it took a while for the smoke machine to arrive due to bad traffic on the M25.

Oscar was in charge of delivering the mirror.

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

Stemania wrote:Remy's injury seems to have worked out ok for a fair few people by the looks. There's a number with wba or Arsenal defenders that i've seen. And there's a pretty good chance CK would have had Siggy on his bench too. :o
Yep, lucky Remy owners again getting lucky points from the bench. Typical. Does my head in. If I had Remy in my team, I can guarantee that my sub replacement would be a 1 pointer. Im sure that when Slurp doesn't play tomorrow there will be more people with lucky bench points.

White Tiger
Grumpy Old Man

Post by White Tiger »

gooberman wrote:
Stemania wrote:Remy's injury seems to have worked out ok for a fair few people by the looks. There's a number with wba or Arsenal defenders that i've seen. And there's a pretty good chance CK would have had Siggy on his bench too. :o
Yep, lucky Remy owners again getting lucky points from the bench. Typical. Does my head in. If I had Remy in my team, I can guarantee that my sub replacement would be a 1 pointer. Im sure that when Slurp doesn't play tomorrow there will be more people with lucky bench points.
I get Boyd's standard 2 points. Was really hoping for one of his occasional star performances, but not to be :(

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Should we not at this point change the thread title to: "Rémy - could the time have been more wrong?" :lol:
gooberman wrote:Yep, lucky Remy owners again getting lucky points from the bench. Typical. Does my head in.
Presumably it also did your head in in GW8, when you got George Boyd's 8 points off the bench, and again in GW14, when you got George Boyd's 9 points off the bench?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Mav3rick wrote:Don't know if its relevant or not but Chelsea appear to have deleted the tweet about Remy not being available from their feed. No mention of it on CFC.com either.
By the looks of it Remy isn't even in the provisional squad:

Courtois, Cech, Ivanovic, Luis, Fabregas, Zouma, Ramires, Oscar, Hazard, Drogba, Mikel, Costa, Matic, Willian, Cuadrado, Cahill, Terry, Azpilicueta, Blackman.

So, it looks like your points are definitely safe. Yay! :D

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

I will only relax when I see the team and bench and he's not on it. Fantasy luck vs fantasy skill.

ruudy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ruudy »

I got rid of this turd as soon as i could this week. I don't even know what's wrong with him. He's never even on the bench.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

He's injured (calf) although reports were that he was training this week (presumably lighter fitness training). It's possible that he will be back for the weekend, but Costa is back too so there's no point owning Remy at all.

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

Just a heads up:

Transfers out for Remy have really picked up. Looks like there's an outside chance he'll drop tonight. Giroud looks safe until tomorrow.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Thanks, yes he's now at 88% to a drop on fpls.

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

Now likely to fall. May have to bring Giroud in before the pressers.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Is he suddenly a really good option till the end of the season again?

Jose today said he's fit again for this weekend and that Costa may not be used again this season if the title is wrapped up. :shock:

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Possibly, I'm not going to get overexcited yet, as Costa coming back in 36 could still put a dampener on it.

But if Rémy looks likely to play all of the games, I might do Kane :arrow: Giroud instead.

Probably worth just keeping my options open.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Stemania wrote:Is he suddenly a really good option till the end of the season again?
:lol: I've not sold him yet as was waiting to make sure that Giroud (or anyone else in my team) doesn't get flagged, but it's quite a nice home fixture (probably better than Hull away for Giroud). Do I really trust Mourinho, hmm I don't know but the scenario is basically the same as when I bought Remy in in the first place so I am tempted to keep him for this one game anyway.

Is Costa definitely out? I see he's red flagged on FPL now but that's not more mind games (no idea why they'd be needed)?

I don't know what I'll do yet, but holding the transfer to next week isn't a bad idea since I can still bring Giroud and Ozil in, but will just have to be careful on price changes as I've only got 0.1 spare now.

um09a2k
Grumpy Old Man

Post by um09a2k »

How people still have this guy in their team is what I want to know lol

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Mav3rick wrote: Is Costa definitely out? I see he's red flagged on FPL now but that's not more mind games (no idea why they'd be needed)?
Yep. In fact it's worse than that - he may now not play again this season (if they keep winning)!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's a shame really, as I'd like to bring Remy back in if we knew for sure what would happen. I don't think I can justify it though so will likely be stuck buying either Benteke or Kane as a third striker for the rest of the season, neither of which I am at all excited about. :|

ctibbits
Dumbledore
FS Record: Won "The Bet" 2014/15

Post by ctibbits »

Even if Costa is out for the season and Remy is ruled fit it will be risky to have him. You have to assume that with the league won (presumably this weekend) that Mourinho would at the very least give Drogba the start for the last home game in week 38 and I would not be surprised if he did the same at home to Liverpool in 36. This is his last season at the club and Mourinho would surely want to let him get his well deserved ovation (yet again!) at the Bridge. For what its worth I think this will be the exact same situation for Cech which is why I advised people not to get Courtois for the double and beyond. Is just my opinion of course but make of it what you will.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Yes. I do think bringing Remy in would be a waste of a transfer (well 2 probably when you have to remove him again). If you already had him over the DGW though its essentially get rid now or wait a week and see what happens.

I won't lose anything by deferring Giroud to next week and will get an extra few days information with a potentially quite decent differential in my team.

Remy will start over Drogba most likely wont he... the league isn't won yet afterall.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

I'm keeping Rémy for similar reasons Mav. I expect he should start, and if he does not play at all I'll at least get Cambiasso (NEW) off the bench.

I think Rémy this week is a marginally better prospect that Giroud, but carrying over the FT will better prepare me for any injuries to any players I am planning to bring in, changes in plans, and give me the opportunity to switch out Coutinho or Kane for an Arsenal attacker rather than Rémy should Costa be ruled out for the rest of the season.

ctibbits
Dumbledore

Post by ctibbits »

I agree if you have him it is not bad to keep him. Just trying to persuade those thinking of bringing him in for the rest of the season.

Tonyuppstad
Wideboy

Post by Tonyuppstad »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:I'm keeping Rémy for similar reasons Mav. I expect he should start, and if he does not play at all I'll at least get Cambiasso (NEW) off the bench.

I think Rémy this week is a marginally better prospect that Giroud, but carrying over the FT will better prepare me for any injuries to any players I am planning to bring in, changes in plans, and give me the opportunity to switch out Coutinho or Kane for an Arsenal attacker rather than Rémy should Costa be ruled out for the rest of the season.
Why would you ever sell Kane? His average has been great since he started scoring, and he had 2 goals and 2 assists against Chelsea for example. And do you really trust Manchester Citys defence that much. , 10/10

ctibbits
Dumbledore

Post by ctibbits »

Tonyuppstad wrote:
Carlos Kickaball wrote:I'm keeping Rémy for similar reasons Mav. I expect he should start, and if he does not play at all I'll at least get Cambiasso (NEW) off the bench.

Why would you ever sell Kane? His average has been great since he started scoring, and he had 2 goals and 2 assists against Chelsea for example. And do you really trust Manchester Citys defence that much. , 10/10
Look at the fixtures...with the DGW I would take Giroud outscoring Kane any day.

Tonyuppstad
Wideboy

Post by Tonyuppstad »

Yeah but getting rid of Kane shouldn't be any option at all especially if you paid less for him than his prize right now. The front rest of the season should be Aguero- Giroud and Kane for sure. Anything else would be ridiculous

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

But if Rémy was going to play the rest of the games of the season, I could either keep Remy or Kane if I get Giroud. Price wouldn't be an issue.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Tonyuppstad wrote:Yeah but getting rid of Kane shouldn't be any option at all especially if you paid less for him than his prize right now. The front rest of the season should be Aguero- Giroud and Kane for sure. Anything else would be ridiculous
There's more than one way to skin a cat, however Giroud is 3m more than Kane for me so I don't think I could sell and still bring in Ozil or Ramsey alongside him and Sanchez. Stoke away and then Hull at home aren't bad games and most people are keeping Kane for the City game anyway so it's probably not a priority, although Everton away in the last game doesn't sound great.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

I'm going to keep Remy for this game, and have two frees next week for shipping Arsenal players. Price change watching is imperative though as my 0.2 buffer is gone now.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”