To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FPL Favourite Team Global Leagues

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

FPL Favourite Team Global Leagues

Post by MoSe »

When (and if) you select a Favourite PL Team in your FPL Profile / Team Details
FPL Fav Team.gif
you're automatically entered in the Global League for that Club Fans
noteworthy that several FPL managers don't even bother to select a Fav PL Team (or they don't have one)

As in the Overall Rank topic we were discussing the Best FPL Leagues ranking (Top 5 visible at the bottom of the main page [Status]),
I was curious to check how did each Fav club League rank
Here are the current standings after GW30
  • Code: Select all

MUN	1863.0
    LIV	1859.0
    CHE	1856.6
    ARS	1854.0
    NEW	1846.0
    TOT	1832.0
    MCI	1831.2
    WHU	1827.6
    HUL	1820.2
    EVE	1819.4
    AVL	1817.4
    SUN	1815.4
    BUR	1811.6
    SOU	1802.2
    QPR	1801.8
    STK	1801.4
    CRY	1799.4
    SWA	1799.2
    LEI	1798.8
    WBA	1780.2
    [/size]you can check any club league by inserting X=[1 to 20] in fantasy.premierleague.com/my-leagues/X/standings/
I realised that Global Leagues don't enter in the Best Leagues ranking, as the 5th placed has a score of 1854.8, and there are atm 3 Fav Club GL better than that (Utd one would even be 4th overall now)

Of course most popular Clubs have a wider "fans" population to select the best FPL teams from (a League score is the average of its Top 5 Teams). So you could expect more popular clubs to have more top-FPL-teams in their league (and vice versa), just because of the "sample size"

But you could also ask which is the cause and which the effect:
  • Does supporting United help you playing FPL better?
    Or does being a top FPL player lead you to choose Utd?
:wink:

It could also be interesting to compare the FPL Club Leagues ranking with a FISO sample:
f4c launched a sidegame based on PL Club allegiance here
FPL Toto Competition post2679571.html#p2679571" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(as noted above, most of FISOers declaring there to support a Club, selected none tho in their FPL profile)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Triggy
Treebeard

Re: FPL Favourite Team Global Leagues

Post by Triggy »

Good topic although I think your sample size comment is by far the most likely explanation for which teams' leagues are performing better. If there is a random standard distribution of scores for each league then a bigger sample size will mean more teams will be found at the top end (as well as the bottom end and middle) of the bell curve hence the top five of the sample scoring better.

The small exception to this will be fans picking their own players more frequently (bias) and for some teams this is a handicap and others having some inside knowledge means they can pick unfashionable but good players.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Re: FPL Favourite Team Global Leagues

Post by From4corners »

Haha interesting. I am just reading this after your post in that sidegame topic. Funny how FISO is so not representative of the global leagues it seems :D

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”