To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Who's the best 6.5 mid?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Pick one.

Mané
24%
Siggy
36%
Henderson
24%
Downing
16%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 25

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Who's the best 6.5 mid?

Post by MPTree »

There's plenty of talk about downgrading a premium mid to free up cash for elsewhere. At the time of writing, everyone on the poll is 6.5m apart from Mané, who's 6.6. But who's the best option for the price?

GingerMonkey
FISOhead

Re: Who's the best 6.5 mid?

Post by GingerMonkey »

We had a similar poll a few months ago and I went with the ingenious choice of Adam Johnson, so I may ignore my own instincts on this one and follow the crowd.

I have a budget of exactly 6.5 for a midfielder this week, so that rules out Mane. That's disappointing since he was probably my first choice. My current thoughts are Sigurdsson until GW36 or a 4-week punt on Chadli and transfer to Henderson in GW34. You may wish to avoid those options given my recent luck with gambling.

With poor form, nothing to play for and Allardyce's imminent departure, I can't see West Ham doing much towards the end of the season, so that would rule Downing out, for me, despite probably having the best fixtures.

If you want my advice then, pick Downing and Mane! :twisted:

RidleyMTB
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RidleyMTB »

Ki plus the spare cash.

GingerMonkey
FISOhead

Post by GingerMonkey »

Or Phillips, even more spare cash AND a double! ...plus, transfer out 2 week later

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

Ki is excellent for 5.1, but I can't help but feel that he won't compete for points with the likes of Siggy in the long run. For me it's between Siggy and Mané, though I'm surprised to see Downing picking up votes in the poll too.

Stocker16
Treebeard

Post by Stocker16 »

MPTree wrote:Ki is excellent for 5.1, but I can't help but feel that he won't compete for points with the likes of Siggy in the long run. For me it's between Siggy and Mané, though I'm surprised to see Downing picking up votes in the poll too.
West Ham have had a horrible run of fixtures, and Sam has pushed Downing back out wide recently for the tougher games.

With a run of SUN, lei, STO, mci, qpr, BUR, avl, EVE, new you'd expect Downing to do significantly better.
I think he'll be staying out wide for a bit anyway, Diafra Sakho is our only fit striker so until Valencia is back it'll be 433

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

when I transferrred out Downing with GW24 WC I had the firm intention to birng him back for GW30 indeed...
but now I struggle to abide by that plan :o

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

Mané currently has the most votes, but some FISOers are uncertain about how secure his place is. Surely he's pretty guaranteed starts, if only for 70 mins?

Robin Write
FISO Knight
FS Record: Risky Business

Post by Robin Write »

Mahrez?

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

MPTree wrote:Mané currently has the most votes, but some FISOers are uncertain about how secure his place is. Surely he's pretty guaranteed starts, if only for 70 mins?
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/sadio-ma ... plus/1#GB1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

judging from the TM site detailed table, in the last 12 GWs, apart his GW20-23 injury and ease-back, the only exception has been GW26

but I can't read the Koemind

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Mane is on-form and very likely to start most games, but my concern is that if he does have one bad game, Koeman isn't exactly short of options to replace him. Sigurdsson doesn't suffer from this.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

If you are making the transfer now, I think Siggy just about edges it over Mane, due to his set piece involvement and less competition for his place in the team. Both decent options though.

Henderson looks a great call from GW33 onwards, a decent game in week 33 and a strong run of fixtures which will also incorporate a double at some point.

DanCaek
Grumpy Old Man

Post by DanCaek »

I'd take sigurdsson all day long. Maybe he won't be the top scorer of the bunch, but you know what you are going to get with him. For me, the others carry an element of risk.

Maradona_Is_God
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Maradona_Is_God »

I would go Siggy or Mane for GW's 30-33, then, depending on form, switch to Henderson for GW's 34-38 which will likely include a DGW.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”