To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Gwk 30 Captain

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Gwk 30 Cpt

Silva
1%
Aguero
41%
Benteke
No votes
Sigurdsson
No votes
Cazorla
1%
Alexis
1%
Giroud
9%
Mane
No votes
Pelle
No votes
Eriksen
No votes
Kane
40%
Downing
No votes
Sakho
No votes
Coutinho
No votes
Sterling
No votes
Sturridge
1%
Di Maria
No votes
Rooney
No votes
Ivanovic
No votes
Hazard
3%
Cesc
No votes
Costa
2%
Austin
No votes
Lukaku
No votes
Other
1%

Total votes: 136

Bobby Chopps
FISOhead

Re: Gwk 30 Captain

Post by Bobby Chopps »

Anyone still thinking Sanchez based on Newcastle's bit-part defence? I wasn't overly impressed with him against Monaco. He often seemed rushed like he was trying too hard. I really don't want to miss that week where he explodes back into life though, because it will happen!

Those that expect Ramsey back in the starting line-up... who's getting dropped? I'm almost certain it won't be Ozil or Cazorla. And Coquelin is the spoiler. Any danger of it being Alexis?

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

What about a line-up of Sanchez, Ramsey, Cazorla, Ozil with Coquelin behind them and Giroud up front?

Bobby Chopps
FISOhead

Post by Bobby Chopps »

So Welbeck out then? That does seem more likely than Sanchez now that you mention it. Or maybe Ramsey will stay benched.

I'm looking at this on the basis that the Monaco line-up is first choice by the way. Just with the possible inclusion of Ramsey.

mayweather
FISOhead

Post by mayweather »

walcott and ramsey will likely play so welbeck and someone else may make way. maybe coquelin. sanchez passing was dreadful last night. i wont be putting him cpt thats for sure. newcastle will park the bus especially with their injuries theyll want extra protection back there. their home defence form isnt bad at just 2 goals conceded in last 3 so i think it will be wise to avoid cpt an arsenal player. when you have the likes of aguero and kane, even hazard with great fixtures why try to be too clever

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

I think I've now narrowed it down to one, Harry Kane.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

I'm.captaining a Citizen instead: Citizen Kane

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

My gut says Sanchez, so San(c)hez it is.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Think all of this talk of Aguero being out of form and a disappointment of late, as well as potential tiredness, may have made my mind up...

Aguero (C)

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Notned wrote:Think all of this talk of Aguero being out of form and a disappointment of late, as well as potential tiredness, may have made my mind up...

Aguero (C)
Aguero is a fair shout. But those reasons make no sense.

Think I'll take a punt on Kane.

thekitkatshuffler
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thekitkatshuffler »

Got quite a gap to close in my work's league (50 points) and the leader doesn't have Aguero, so that's where the armband goes for me.

Bobby Chopps
FISOhead

Post by Bobby Chopps »

eastcentral1 wrote:
Notned wrote:Think all of this talk of Aguero being out of form and a disappointment of late, as well as potential tiredness, may have made my mind up...

Aguero (C)

Yeah that did kind of make no sense!

Anyway, Aguero is definitely gonna bang in a hat trick, I'm convinced. So I'm going with Darren Fletcher.

mayweather
FISOhead

Post by mayweather »

thekitkatshuffler wrote:Got quite a gap to close in my work's league (50 points) and the leader doesn't have Aguero, so that's where the armband goes for me.
50pts is nothing. last season i was 100 behind at mid-november, 100 ahead at end of february. and by the last 5/6 gameweeks just 1-8pts separated us until the last gwk. we both finished respectably inside the top 12k for me think he was about 16k in the end.

what cost me was when i went 100 clear i focused too much on his team.i let it affect my transfers and captain choices. your leader will be feeling the same pressure.the guy leading has it all to lose and will be feeling it, especially if kun bags a few this weekend :D

Bobby Chopps
FISOhead

Post by Bobby Chopps »

mayweather wrote:
thekitkatshuffler wrote:Got quite a gap to close in my work's league (50 points) and the leader doesn't have Aguero, so that's where the armband goes for me.
50pts is nothing. last season i was 100 behind at mid-november, 100 ahead at end of february. and by the last 5/6 gameweeks just 1-8pts separated us until the last gwk. we both finished respectably inside the top 12k for me think he was about 16k in the end.

what cost me was when i went 100 clear i focused too much on his team.i let it affect my transfers and captain choices. your leader will be feeling the same pressure.the guy leading has it all to lose and will be feeling it, especially if kun bags a few this weekend :D
Agree that 50 points is nothing (I'm also about 50 behind). Also agree with picking Aguero, with the leader not having him. It is a great chance to make up points, but it's not a 'silly' desperation choice. It's A-fricking-guero!

I'm not even concerning myself with who my rival might captain at the moment. My team looks better than his overall and I expect to make up a few points every week. Add to that the fact that he'll struggle for 11 players in GW33, and I should catch him before I even play my wildcard! Positive thinking...

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

I think 50 points is a pretty big lead at this stage, especially if teams are similar. Agree with the decision to captain Kun in that situation given that it's a close call between him and Kane on pure points potential alone.

Personally I'm still on the fence between the pair (leaning Kane), don't think I'll gamble on Arsenal despite the concerns over Newcastle's defence.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Bobby Chopps wrote:
eastcentral1 wrote:

Aguero (C)

Yeah that did kind of make no sense!

Anyway, Aguero is definitely gonna bang in a hat trick, I'm convinced. So I'm going with Darren Fletcher.
I was kind of being ironic...

Every time I question him for such reasons and opt to look elsewhere, he comes back firing and it bites me in the arse!

In short, his underwhelming run has to come to an end at some point, and this is exactly the kind of game it is likely to do so.

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

Kun c
Sanchez v

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Any chance Giroud will get a rest? I don't see why he would with a break coming up but Wenger has mentioned squad fatigue.

I want to be brave and captain him, really fancy Arsenal to score atleast 2 goals due to the shape of Newcastle's squad right now.

froog
FISOhead

Post by froog »

50 points off the leader in my main league.

my only possible differential captain choice is ramsey. is that a mad choice?

I have all the usual suspects too - hazard, aguero, kane, silva

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

froog wrote:50 points off the leader in my main league.

who would your rival pick though once Ramsey would score more points than you rival captains then go for it but if i were you would play it safe you have alot of game to get that 50 point gap

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

The Toon Man wrote:Any chance Giroud will get a rest? I don't see why he would with a break coming up but Wenger has mentioned squad fatigue.

I want to be brave and captain him, really fancy Arsenal to score atleast 2 goals due to the shape of Newcastle's squad right now.
It wouldn't be such a big risk, surely - if he's going to get a rest because he's fatigued, surely he wouldn't be on the bench, so just make sure your vc is a low-risk pick. Worth it, I'd say, I'd be thinking about Giroud (c) if I had Giroud!

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Douglas Reynholm »

The players don't have a break, they will go away with their countries and get to play for them so not sure many will be resting.

froog
FISOhead

Post by froog »

fred1266 wrote:
froog wrote:50 points off the leader in my main league.

who would your rival pick though once Ramsey would score more points than you rival captains then go for it but if i were you would play it safe you have alot of game to get that 50 point gap
rival will likely go kane I reckon. good point though, still plenty of games to close the gap by small increments.

acruxen
Treebeard
FS Record: FPL 14/15: 1078

Post by acruxen »

actually considering a cheeky Eriksen captaincy since it's a split poll

tommyk7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommyk7 »

Just put my vote in for Costa, only the third one. Massive differential this week.

BJK
Treebeard

Post by BJK »

When in doubt, Aguero (C) at home.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

For what it's worth, best price on Aguero anytime is 1.8, and Kane 2.1 - although Bwin who are offering 2.1 are something of an outlier, with most bookies having the pair closer together.

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

I've settled on Aguero now for exactly the same reason.

stripes1973
Grumpy Old Man

Post by stripes1973 »

With not having aguero, I don't know whether to go with Kane who has Leicester at home or giroud who faces a weak newcastle defence, helllllllppppppp.

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Douglas Reynholm »

Aguero to get the rub of the green this week unlike last week.

Aguero (C)

HQ Manoeuvre
FISOhead
FS Record: 1566 FPL 2011-12

Post by HQ Manoeuvre »

This could be the week where Walcott actually does something. :roll:

He won't be (c) though. I'm still undecided as to who gets it.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”