To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW30 transfers

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
KTBFFH
FISOhead
FS Record: 636th (2014/15)

Re: GW30 transfers

Post by KTBFFH »

Mav3rick wrote:
Bao wrote:Should I sell Aguero to Benteke this week to prepare for DGW31? Aguero is of the form but he is a world class striker.
I already sell Bellerin for Alderweireld.
Given that hes a leading candidate on the FFS captaincy poll and here, the consensus would seem to be 'no'.
+1
That's crazy talk.

KTBFFH
FISOhead

Post by KTBFFH »

I'm trying to decide between buying Rose or Alderweireld, given that I already have Clyne. Not a huge fan of mini-blocks, but does anyone believe Rose may lose his starting place?

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

KTBFFH wrote:I'm trying to decide between buying Rose or Alderweireld, given that I already have Clyne. Not a huge fan of mini-blocks, but does anyone believe Rose may lose his starting place?
The fact that you already have Clyne shouldn't matter. Bottom line - who has the best defence and more likely to get clean sheets, Southampton or Spurs? There is your answer.

thekrumcake
FISOhead

Post by thekrumcake »

gooberman wrote:
KTBFFH wrote:I'm trying to decide between buying Rose or Alderweireld, given that I already have Clyne. Not a huge fan of mini-blocks, but does anyone believe Rose may lose his starting place?
The fact that you already have Clyne shouldn't matter. Bottom line - who has the best defence and more likely to get clean sheets, Southampton or Spurs? There is your answer.
Technically, that's a question, not an answer... :lol:

KTBFFH
FISOhead

Post by KTBFFH »

gooberman wrote:
Yes and no. I think there's something to be said for spreading the risk. It is almost impossible to predict (correctly) which team will keep a clean sheet, as all it takes is one clumsy penalty giveaway or a lucky goal and BAM two of your defenders go down. In addition to which, the stress and frustration involved in having a block makes the game less fun in my opinion, and that defeats the purpose.

Sammy the Crab suggested (above) that Rose was not worth the transfer "with all that's going on". With Spurs' fixtures Rose's form, I can't see how that's true. Just wondering if I was missing something?

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

Spurs just don't do clean sheets. He was worth a punt for the double but seems a strange transfer in now. I'd take Alderweireld easily.

thekrumcake
FISOhead

GW30 transfers

Post by thekrumcake »

Sammy the Crab wrote:Spurs just don't do clean sheets. He was worth a punt for the double but seems a strange transfer in now. I'd take Alderweireld easily.
Would you do Rose :arrow: Alderweireld with 2FT and no other pressing matters?

Edit: Fonte already in the team!

KTBFFH
FISOhead

Post by KTBFFH »

Fair enough, thanks.

yeboah
Grumpy Old Man

Post by yeboah »

Ings :arrow: Agbonlahor

Villa striker is rejuvinated under Sherwood,has a DGW coming. 3 goals in the last 2.

redcat1
Grumpy Old Man

Post by redcat1 »

Elliot, Mav3rick, Stemania, swadd1er - Thanks for feedback earlier in the thread. Mane looks the most tempting but with Wenger hinting at a possible rest for Sanchez, I'm going to give Walcott one last game

sstaffsw
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sstaffsw »

2FT

Keane :arrow: Alderweireld
Foster :arrow: Guzan

JoonaR16
Grumpy Old Man

Post by JoonaR16 »

Foster :arrow: Forster

Razzler
FISOhead

Post by Razzler »

thekrumcake wrote:
Sammy the Crab wrote:Spurs just don't do clean sheets. He was worth a punt for the double but seems a strange transfer in now. I'd take Alderweireld easily.
Would you do Rose :arrow: Alderweireld with 2FT and no other pressing matters?

Edit: Fonte already in the team!
I was in same position, Rose was in for DGW (yeah, cheers for that) and 2 FTs and wanting to make one this week to keep it rolling

I have Clyne and I switched Wolfy :arrow: Alderweireld, I left Rose there

This is purely cause it's Burnley and nothing to do with Rose. Luckily I had Wolfy and his is he/isn't he injured and also O'Shea (that I may wait as two home games and see what Advocaat does)

I'd never bring Rose in for this and it depends who else you got you can switch

I will happily switch Rose next week or the week after (depends if O'Shea is injured now too) and Clyne may be upgraded to a Chelsea defender at some point

So, to sum it up ... I'd leave Rose for this game if someone better to switch out and depends if you intend Southampton double defence for longer term or not

Razzler
FISOhead

Post by Razzler »

yeboah wrote:Ings :arrow: Agbonlahor

Villa striker is rejuvinated under Sherwood,has a DGW coming. 3 goals in the last 2.
Is that can't afford Benteke or just preference for Agbonlahor?

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

scarletjim wrote:Really struggling this week. It's either:

Clichy > Terry
or
Bellarin > Alderweireld

But it's all complicated, because apparently Kolarov is struggling so Clichy could start (wonder if we will know before the deadline, presumably not, even though it's early kick-off...), I also have Wollsheid who has been injured but might play, plus Bellarin didn't start last week... :?: (Btw, others are Rose, who I'll play, and Schlupp, who I won't).

I also thought about Cazorla to Mane instead, but given that I have Moses on the bench (Home v Palace), a no-show by Cazorla wouldn't be the end of the world.

:?:
Arghhh 9 mins to go, and I'm still 50/50 on this. :/

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Moses is a doubt, I would do Cazorla :arrow: Mané/Siggy, to free up cash and get a better value player.

One of Clichy and Bellerín should play, and I think both are likely to.

Having said that getting rid of Clichy soon and Bellerín when Debuchy is back should both be on your to do list, and Moses is predicted to play by the Guardian.

thekrumcake
FISOhead

Post by thekrumcake »

I did Eriksen :arrow: Mané and Moses :arrow: Phillips with 2 FT, freeing funds for a potensial Giroud :arrow: Costa next week.

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

Carried over.

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:Moses is a doubt, I would do Cazorla :arrow: Mané/Siggy, to free up cash and get a better value player.

One of Clichy and Bellerín should play, and I think both are likely to.

Having said that getting rid of Clichy soon and Bellerín when Debuchy is back should both be on your to do list, and Moses is predicted to play by the Guardian.
Did Cazorla to Mane as suggested, ta :) - will probably be getting Terry for Clichy soon, and Bellarin out soon, so whichever of the 3 options I chose was marginal I think. I won't be beating myself up too much if one of the other options ends up being worth more points today. You can only work with the information you have available before the games start. :)

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Probably the right decision, Arsenal have some reasonably tough fixtures and a blank soon too.

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:Probably the right decision, Arsenal have some reasonably tough fixtures and a blank soon too.
True, but in that respect Cazorla > Mane is the same as Bellarin > Alderweireld - both Arsenal to Southampton. Just a case of which of the two will score / concede - but little more than a 50/50 toss up I guess - though marginally in my favour if Clichy and Wollscheid start... Right, bring it on! :)

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Team news in, Clichy is starting. :D

I'd rather be potentially missing a 5.0m or less defender, than a 8.0m or more attacker.

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:Team news in, Clichy is starting. :D
:D (now watch City concede in the first 10 mins :lol: )

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

thekrumcake wrote:I did Eriksen :arrow: Mané ...
Wow that's quite brave given Eriksen's game today (and next 2). I know Mane has 2 good games in those 3, but you must have an awesome team if getting rid of Eriksen was a priority today.

thekrumcake
FISOhead

Post by thekrumcake »

scarletjim wrote:
thekrumcake wrote:I did Eriksen :arrow: Mané ...
Wow that's quite brave given Eriksen's game today (and next 2). I know Mane has 2 good games in those 3, but you must have an awesome team if getting rid of Eriksen was a priority today.
I know :shock:

It was between losing Eriksen, Cazorla or Silva for Mané. Cazorla on pens and has slightly better form than Eriksen. Also, if I had sold Cazorla this week and Giroud next, I'd have 1 Arsenal and 3 Spurs.

We'll see how it all goes. Form over fixtures ftw!

Bao
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Bao »

KTBFFH wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:
Bao wrote:Should I sell Aguero to Benteke this week to prepare for DGW31? Aguero is of the form but he is a world class striker.
Given that hes a leading candidate on the FFS captaincy poll and here, the consensus would seem to be 'no'.
+1
That's crazy talk.
I actually did transfer out Kun for Benteke and Bellerin for Bertrand this GW. Hope they are lucky transfers.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Bao wrote:
KTBFFH wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:
+1
That's crazy talk.
I actually did transfer out Kun for Benteke and Bellerin for Bertrand this GW. Hope they are lucky transfers.
The second one looks good, at least! Exactly the kind of decisions I am not brave enough to make...

On another note, a lot of people look to have shipped Cazorla this week... could be a source of frustration with him seemingly in the hole. Come on Caz, don't let me down!

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

swadd1er wrote:Im wondering if it's worth doing Austin :arrow: Giroud this GW and Giroud :arrow: Austin for QPR's double in 31.
..and Giroud scores 2 in 30 minutes. Maybe it would've been worth it after all.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”