To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Aaron Ramsey is back!

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Archy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maybe all is not lost after all

Aaron Ramsey is back!

Post by Archy »

I was watching the Man U v Arsenal FA Cup game at the start of the week and Ramsey caught my eye; against West Ham he was superb. He looks like he's back to where he was last season - getting in to dangerous positions, creating chances and threatening the goal a lot. I thought he gave a MotM performance against the Hammers, just ahead of Giroud.

I'm tempted to bring him in, but the lack of fixture in GW33 is a concern. I could bring him in for Cazorla, but Cazorla has been playing well too. Was Cazorla just rested for the West Ham game? Do we expect to see Ramsey starting each game from now on? Opinions would be appreciated!

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Re: Aaron Ramsey is back!

Post by Mav3rick »

I'm tempted too. He doesn't seem to have the competition in that central role and his energy is bound to be high after only playing 1300 minutes this season so far.

I don't think I'd swap him for Cazorla though as surely there's a chance that Ramsey's return pushes Cazorla further forward.

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Douglas Reynholm »

If you look on the Arsenal website Wenger states that he only rested Cazorla because he's played pretty much every game recently.

I'm guessing Bellerin, Welbeck and Cazorla did not play because they will be starting on Tue.

Maradona_Is_God
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Maradona_Is_God »

As an Arsenal fan, I'm hoping Welbeck doesn't start on Tuesday.

Would prefer to go with Ospina, Bellerin, Mertezacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Coquelin, Ramsey, Cazorla, Ozil, Sanchez, Giroud.

Welbeck and Walcott are decent attacking options from the bench. 3-0 to Arsenal.

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

3-1 is 20/1 and worth a tenner, a win on pens is coming.

Bobby Chopps
FISOhead

Post by Bobby Chopps »

I didn't see the West Ham game, but have always loved Ramsey. Had him in my GW1 team this season.

Wasn't he played a much deeper role before his latest injury though? Is it likely he will go back to that when Cazorla (clearly just rested) comes back in? That would kill his points potential. He'd be ideal for the doubles in a more advanced role.

C.Sativa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by C.Sativa »

Maradona_Is_God wrote:As an Arsenal fan, I'm hoping Welbeck doesn't start on Tuesday.

Would prefer to go with Ospina, Bellerin, Mertezacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Coquelin, Ramsey, Cazorla, Ozil, Sanchez, Giroud.

Welbeck and Walcott are decent attacking options from the bench. 3-0 to Arsenal.
Perhaps problem with that is Who will be the right winger. Sanchez prefers to play central or left, I guess Welbeck or Walcott on the right wing is the more balanced option ( Ox is first choice when fit)

Ramsey, Cazorla, Ozil all like to play at central and Sanchez usually comes to central from left to shoot.

Archy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maybe all is not lost after all

Post by Archy »

I see Rambo chipped in with another goal from the subs bench against Monaco, whilst the usual suspects (Sanchez, Ozil, Cazorla) again failed to deliver. I think the smart money should be on Ramsey continuing his form in the league, assuming he's going to start :?:

I'm still loathe to take Cazorla out I must admit; I would like to have both him and Ramsey, but the blank GW33 makes that a no-no really.

Bao
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Bao »

The problem is whether he is nailed on? The mid of Arsenal is full of star players. Ramsey is on form but does not start each GW.

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

Last night added more confusion to the situation, Ramsey started and did well at the weekend then got dropped for a massive game last night.

By the time 34 comes around hopefully a pattern will emerge as to who plays but right now it's all guesswork.

Robin Write
FISO Knight
FS Record: Risky Business

Post by Robin Write »

I suspect he did not quite have the legs for 90 minutes last night, I would hazard a guess when fully fit he is first choice.

Man City could do with a player like that.

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

Robin Write wrote:I suspect he did not quite have the legs for 90 minutes last night, I would hazard a guess when fully fit he is first choice.
Man City could do with a player like that.
But surely we'd never get a player from Arsenal. Oh, wait a minute...
... maybe I'll get a shirt printed with "Yaya Ramsey" on the back, ready for the summer window.

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Post by OIEIAO »

Ramsey started today after 4 weeks out injured. Surely Sanchez's injury (and all the others) will make him a key part of that midfield.

Ozil still looks the must have but assuming Sanchez is out for a while, would Ramsey be a good buy at a cut price 8.0? I.e. if you have Sanchez and ozil, downgrade the former to Ramsey?

I note he started all of GWs 1 to 9 but got 1 goal, 0 assists and 0 bonus points.

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

With so many on form midfielders it just seems way too risky, especially since Arsenal are going through a rough patch.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

OIEIAO wrote:Ramsey started today after 4 weeks out injured. Surely Sanchez's injury (and all the others) will make him a key part of that midfield.

Ozil still looks the must have but assuming Sanchez is out for a while, would Ramsey be a good buy at a cut price 8.0? I.e. if you have Sanchez and ozil, downgrade the former to Ramsey?

I note he started all of GWs 1 to 9 but got 1 goal, 0 assists and 0 bonus points.
Just get Eriksen if you want a differential. Ramsey is not a good pick imho.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”