To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW34 (wildcard) Strategy

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
PSA
Grumpy Old Man

Re: GW34 (wildcard) Strategy

Post by PSA »

I don't think Costa will get 120 minutes myself when they don't really need to push him.

PSA
Grumpy Old Man

Post by PSA »

Currently looking at a WC team of:-

Schmeichel, Myhill
Clyne, PVA, Alderweild, Schulpp, Azpilicueta
Hazard, Fabregas, Sterling, Henderson, Cambiasso
Kane, Aguero, Giroud

8 doublers. Should be able to move a couple to Arsenal for the other DGW.

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

Why the Southampton double up and no Liverpool defender?

PSA
Grumpy Old Man

Post by PSA »

Sammy the Crab wrote:Why the Southampton double up and no Liverpool defender?
Forgot, Clyne to Skrtel

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

I'm now thinking of dropping Kane. His fixtures are not that good and Aguero, Vardy, Giroud seems the way to go. Later probably Vardy :arrow: Benteke if I have freebies.

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: GW34 (wildcard) Strategy

Post by Sammy the Crab »

Finisher1 wrote:I'm now thinking of dropping Kane. His fixtures are not that good and Aguero, Vardy, Giroud seems the way to go. Later probably Vardy :arrow: Benteke if I have freebies.
I've been trying to convince myself to drop Kane but just can't bring myself to do it. Whilst I'm not happy at all with my OR (55k) I'm right in the mix to win my ML. Handing the others Kane as a differential could destroy my season.

Vardy to Benteke looks a nice move but planning that on top of two Arsenal transfers is a little risky no?

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: GW34 (wildcard) Strategy

Post by eastcentral1 »

Sammy the Crab wrote:
Finisher1 wrote:I'm now thinking of dropping Kane. His fixtures are not that good and Aguero, Vardy, Giroud seems the way to go. Later probably Vardy :arrow: Benteke if I have freebies.
I've been trying to convince myself to drop Kane but just can't bring myself to do it. Whilst I'm not happy at all with my OR (55k) I'm right in the mix to win my ML. Handing the others Kane as a differential could destroy my season.

Vardy to Benteke looks a nice move but planning that on top of two Arsenal transfers is a little risky no?
I think it really comes down to would you rather have Kane or Benteke. If the latter you have to make the move anyway.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Sammy the Crab wrote:

Yes it is, but if I'm short of transfers then I just stick with Vardy.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

PSA wrote:I don't think Costa will get 120 minutes myself when they don't really need to push him.
I don't think anyone does tbh. If he manages over 90 combined he's probably done well, under 60 then badly.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

How likely is McShane to start for Hull?

That Hull defence seems to be a mess since Chester is back. Is anyone nailed there?

Drew_Peacock
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Drew_Peacock »

just looked at it and if I downgrade elsewhere I can upgrade Kane to Brnteke with my WC.

Basically it boils down to:

Skrtel / Coutinho / Kane

Vs

Moreno / Henderson / Benteke

Actually just looking at that typed out its not really that hard is it? Option 1 looks like a much better deal IMO.

Just ignore me :lol:

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Drew_Peacock wrote:just looked at it and if I downgrade elsewhere I can upgrade Kane to Brnteke with my WC.

Basically it boils down to:

Skrtel / Coutinho / Kane

Vs

Moreno / Henderson / Benteke

Actually just looking at that typed out its not really that hard is it? Option 1 looks like a much better deal IMO.

Just ignore me :lol:
Guess it all boils down to your faith in Benteke. I don't think there's all that much difference in points potential for the Liverpool lads. Bit of a lottery that one.

Personally though, although I own both Moreno and Henderson, I would probably go for the first one. I still prefer Kane to Benteke, even in spite of fixtures.

Drew_Peacock
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Drew_Peacock »

Yeah me too...think I'm just getting fixture blindness tbh.

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

I'm getting more and more tempted to throw Vardy in for Giroud and run the risk of having to use three consecutive transfers on Arsenal. If I do pick up an injury in midfield or attack then I'll just transfer in an Arsenal player anyway.

Even if it boils down to a 4pt hit somewhere down the line I actually think Vardy could be worth 4pts extra over Cambiasso this week.

Drew_Peacock
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Drew_Peacock »

It's kinda where i was earlier in the week Sammy-you talked me into switching too! :lol:

Must admit I prefer Vardy to Cambiasso

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

Sammy the Crab wrote:I'm getting more and more tempted to throw Vardy in for Giroud and run the risk of having to use three consecutive transfers on Arsenal. If I do pick up an injury in midfield or attack then I'll just transfer in an Arsenal player anyway.

Even if it boils down to a 4pt hit somewhere down the line I actually think Vardy could be worth 4pts extra over Cambiasso this week.
Thats my thinking mate, i think i may go with Vardy and attack this week, im carrying one Arsenal midfielder this week and benching while keeping the funds for Giroud next week. Ill play 3-5-2 next week and its a hop skip and a jump downgrading henderson :arrow: to an enabler and Vardy :arrow: Kane post the City game.

He could of course score against Southampton or City - but he wont be a stand out captaincy pick and i think Giroud will cover the spread and is the better option Vs Hull possibly even captain - not many will find an easy route into Giroud next week without a hit, indeed Vardy could even cover the spread Vs Newcastle.

I think its a really favouable option on WC mate provided you can cover the Arsenal transfers for GW 37 and a couple of suplamentary Sunderland on your WC, i might want Kane back in for GW37 Vs Hull, or i might punt on Defoe - depending.

Ive noticed in some of the comments you made in different threads your thinking Sanchez for DGW 37 - but my current thinking is hes not the best the choice for DGW 37, price Vs vlaue alternatives in Ramsey/Ozil - i honestly believe is better value for points potential. I think it gives better flexability for the run in as well. Ill qualify that by saying i sold him this week after having him since early Oct and am very comfortable going without for the DGW.
Last edited by The Username on 25 Apr 2015, 08:58, edited 2 times in total.

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

Drew_Peacock wrote:It's kinda where i was earlier in the week Sammy-you talked me into switching too! :lol:

Must admit I prefer Vardy to Cambiasso
Except this option would be 343:

Schmeichel, (Pantilimon)
Ivanovic, Skrtel, Huth, (Vlaar, PVA)
Hazard, Fabregas, Sterling, Henderson, (enabler)
Aguero, Vardy, Kane

The before GW37:

Fabregas :arrow: Sanchez
Sterling :arrow: Ramsey
Vardy :arrow: Giroud

Probably crazy and should stick with Giroud over Kane but not having Vardy this week worries me.

Libero
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FISO Prime Minister 2015; Decathlon Gold 2016, 2019

Post by Libero »

Going with

Mignolet / Krul

Monreal / Schlupp / PvA / Terry / McShane

Coutinho / Cambiasso / Sterling / Hazard / Fabregas

Vardy / Aguero / Giroud

Gives me 10 DGW players.

Couple of thoughts...
- I've kept funds back to bring in Silva and Alexis in GW36.
- I think Monreal will stay first choice for Arsenal but faces rotation towards DGW37, especially if they have 2nd place wrapped up
- With his ownership, plus saving a transfer for DGW37, prefer Giroud to Benteke
- Krul is a bit of an indulgence but will cover me for Liverpool's away games in GW36 and 38.

Drew_Peacock
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Drew_Peacock »

Personally Sammy....I think Giroud might get a goal v chelsea anyway as Arsenal have to have a go at them.

I want Vardy over cambiasso but I think I might just sit on it and hope Vardy is quiet....

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Finisher1 wrote:How likely is McShane to start for Hull?

That Hull defence seems to be a mess since Chester is back. Is anyone nailed there?
I wondered this. The back three seems to be currently made up of McShane, Dawson, Bruce. But, Chester in now back which I would guess should immediately demote McShane. Davies is also back soon, and I guess he'd take Bruce's place longer term. So imo Bruce looks good for the double, but even he doesn't look too secure for their good GW36 fixture (which is the only reason I'd buy a Hull defender at all). I'd personally avoid McShane altogether.

I'd be delighted to be corrected by a Hull fan/someone with better knowledge, but that's my current take on it just from (very possibly mistaken) memory.

Duff looks a reasonable 3.9m sub for the rest of the season if that's all the money available - nice fixtures.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Stemania wrote:
Finisher1 wrote:How likely is McShane to start for Hull?

I wondered this. The back three seems to be currently made up of McShane, Dawson, Bruce. But, Chester in now back which I would guess should immediately demote McShane. Davies is also back soon, and I guess he'd take Bruce's place longer term. So imo Bruce looks good for the double, but even he doesn't look too secure for their good GW36 fixture (which is the only reason I'd buy a Hull defender at all). I'd personally avoid McShane altogether.

I'd be delighted to be corrected by a Hull fan/someone with better knowledge, but that's my current take on it just from (very possibly mistaken) memory.
It's a mess alright, also the Hull City fans seem to be unaware of what the line up will be this time around. McShane seems unlikely to start, at least I wouldn't take the gamble. Bruce is also risky. Yet Bruce could start in a 3-5-2 line-up, which in turn would also be risky for keeping a clean sheet as this formation would seem to favour Crystal Palace attacking play.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Agreed - in fact I'm taking a slight risk on Lovren over Moreno just so I can afford Morgan instead of a Hull def.

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

Stemania wrote:Agreed - in fact I'm taking a slight risk on Lovren over Moreno just so I can afford Morgan instead of a Hull def.
I'm surprised your having to scrimp and save with your team value. You couldn't resist Costa could you? :)

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Final WC team:

Schmeichel
Ivan / Skrtel / Morgan
Hazard / Fab / Sterling / Henderson / Cambiasso
Aguero / N'Doye

Bench: Davis K, Giroud, Duff, PVA

10 doublers. My OR is currently 8,791. Let's see where this takes me...

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Sammy the Crab wrote:
Stemania wrote:You couldn't resist Costa could you? :)
:oops: 8-)

There's no other striker I like the look of (to go with Giroud/Kun). I was pretty set on taking a striker risk for the double anyway - Sturridge before his re-injury, Remy until yesterday's news, so I might as well go for the hattrick with Diego.

I'm not expecting more than 90 mins from him, but that still gives him a better points potential than any other (non Aguero) striker imo. In fact, what I really want is for him to be on the bench against Arsenal and then start against Leicester - starting the Arsenal game wouldn't be ideal for his prospects. Also, I wouldn't want to keep Fab or a second Chelsea defender for the rest of the season so it's actually the obvious choice for the team structure I'm aiming for.

I don't think it's a great decision, but I don't think there is a great decision available to me.

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

Drew_Peacock wrote:Personally Sammy....I think Giroud might get a goal v chelsea anyway as Arsenal have to have a go at them.

I want Vardy over cambiasso but I think I might just sit on it and hope Vardy is quiet....
Yeah, I'm thinking the same.

I'm going to be so gutted though when Kane blanks in the next two games :lol:

stengo
Wideboy
FS Record: Nondescript

Post by stengo »

Kasper

Ivanovic/Shlupp/Skrtel

Cambiasso/Hazard (c)/Fabregas/Sterling/Henderson

N'Doye (nap) /Aguero

Ospina/PVA/Toby/Kane.

Cash in the bank for the N'Doye/Fabregas > Giroud/Sanchez swap

BRING IT ON!!

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Sammy the Crab wrote:
Stemania wrote:Agreed - in fact I'm taking a slight risk on Lovren over Moreno just so I can afford Morgan instead of a Hull def.
I'm surprised your having to scrimp and save with your team value. You couldn't resist Costa could you? :)
Well, I hope this Stemania's example finally destroys the myth we have heard all season: "team value is not important this season because some cheapies like Kane and Downing are doing really well".

Team value is always important, unless you are able to choose 15 players that you would choose even if you had unlimited budget.

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

For some reason I'm now getting tempted to take an irrational punt on N'Doye in for Kane :lol:

The sooner this deadline passes the better!

Edit - didn't have the cojones in the end. Stuck with:

Schmeichel
Ivanovic, Skrtel, Huth
Hazard (c), Fabregas, Sterling (v), Henderson, Cambiasso
Aguero, Kane
Subs: Pantilimon, Giroud, PVA, Vlaar

Good luck everyone!

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Drew_Peacock wrote:Personally Sammy....I think Giroud might get a goal v chelsea anyway as Arsenal have to have a go at them.

Here's hoping!

Seeing so many people bench him is actually perversely making me feel more confident about starting him...

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”