To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW34 (wildcard) Strategy

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Fuzzy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: meh

Re: GW34 (wildcard) Strategy

Post by Fuzzy »

Drew_Peacock wrote:F8ck it - going balls out with the WC. :D

Schmeichel

Terry
Skrtel
Schlupp

Fab
Hazard
Henderson
Sterling

Aguero
Kane
Vardy

Still to decide on a couple of things.....namely my GK (might just get Ospina in now) and if I either go with 4 in MF or I get a cheapie 5th MF in and stick in Giroud for GW 37.

Benched Sanchez for this week.
So, the one thing I don't get in all of that - the decision to bench Sanchez rather than Kane :lol:

Drew_Peacock
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Drew_Peacock »

Fuzzy wrote:

Schmeichel

Terry
Skrtel
Schlupp

Fab
Hazard
Henderson
Sterling

Aguero
Kane
Vardy

Still to decide on a couple of things.....namely my GK (might just get Ospina in now) and if I either go with 4 in MF or I get a cheapie 5th MF in and stick in Giroud for GW 37.

So, the one thing I don't get in all of that - the decision to bench Sanchez rather than Kane :lol:
Could do either - not settled on my starting XI really.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Finisher1 wrote:
redcat1 wrote:Fifth midfielder, King or Albrighton ? And would you play them over Silva (providing he's passed fit) ?
According to recent gametime history neither of them is nailed. I don't really know Leicester that well so I'm not sure if something has changed there, but for me it now seems they are not certain to start both games.

Therefore, King and Albrighton are no no.

According to recent gametime history, it looks like it is Albrighton's starting position to lose. Pretty confident he will start both games. Well, depending on his performance against Burnley, surely. According to Leicester-fans, he was one of their best players in the last games that he has played and deserved the last two starts after his influence in the West Ham game.

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: GW34 (wildcard) Strategy

Post by Sammy the Crab »

Schmeichel

Terry
Skrtel
Schlupp

Fab
Hazard
Henderson
Sterling

Aguero
Kane
Vardy

Can't help but think you'll regret taking in Ospina. He's not got the points ceiling of Koscielny (easily in for Skrtel) and you may want two midfielders plus Giroud anyway.

I've only just started looking at potential teams and I can't come up with anything that excites me. I can't help think I'm just destroying my team getting in uninspiring players like Sterling for on form players like Mata.

Drew_Peacock
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Drew_Peacock »

Sammy the Crab wrote:

Schmeichel

Terry
Skrtel
Schlupp

Fab
Hazard
Henderson
Sterling

Aguero
Kane
Vardy

Can't help but think you'll regret taking in Ospina. He's not got the points ceiling of Koscielny (easily in for Skrtel) and you may want two midfielders plus Giroud anyway.

I've only just started looking at potential teams and I can't come up with anything that excites me. I can't help think I'm just destroying my team getting in uninspiring players like Sterling for on form players like Mata.
Agree RE Ospina...which is why I haven't taken him in yet. Kos appeals and i have Skrtel / Terry there as an easy single transfer should i decide on him, but not worth taking in this week either i dont think.

I also want Giroud in, but I might hold off this for this week as having him now essentially means removing one of my higher end DGW midfielders for an enabler to fund it. Don't see the value in doing that this week to be honest.

Very much undecided on the GK situation actually - Tempted to take in Schmeichel / Pantimilon but will have a play about to see what suits best.

I'm not that uninspired actually - given the Liverpool and Chelsea fixtures for GW 36 I think its good to have good coverage there. Can take out some big hitters from them to get some decent coverage for DGW 37 without too many wholesale changes, so i'm relatively positive about it.

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Post by BobMem »

I prefer schmeichel and Liverpool :arrow: Koscielny to ospina and someone else.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

I concur with the consensus that Ospina isn't worth an Arsenal place, given the options elsewhere. I think Giroud and two mids, or one mid and Koscielny, is the optimum strategy. For me it depends on the Silva situation really, but if my transfers pan out as expected I will probably opt for Koscielny; it's an easy shift from Bertrand (or even Moreno)..

Sugnid
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Sugnid »

Notned wrote:I concur with the consensus that Ospina isn't worth an Arsenal place, given the options elsewhere. I think Giroud and two mids, or one mid and Koscielny, is the optimum strategy. For me it depends on the Silva situation really, but if my transfers pan out as expected I will probably opt for Koscielny; it's an easy shift from Bertrand (or even Moreno)..
I'm probably taking out Koscielny this week and going with the two mids/Giroud combo for 37.

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

Pirlo's Beard wrote:
Carlos Kickaball wrote:I'm just wondering, why are people seemingly salivating over the prospect of DGW Vardy, but at the same time ignoring N'Doye?
Because Leicester are playing well and Hull aren't, presumably.
Lasr four games:

N'Doye: 1, 2, 1, 2
Vardy: 11, 5, 8, 2

It's a tough one alright.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Yay for points chasing. :wink:

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

N'Doye is a million or so more though isn't he?

Dangerous Donkeys
Treebeard

Post by Dangerous Donkeys »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:Yay for points chasing. :wink:
Vardy played well in the last match and was unlucky not to get a penalty

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:Yay for points chasing. :wink:
Otherwise known as 'logical thinking'. :wink:

Kris_fiso
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Kris_fiso »

Here is my wildcard team

Screenshot Studio capture #226.png

What do you think guys
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

N'Doye is 0.9m more, he's scored 3 in 9, as many as Vardy has in 27, Vardy has way more assist but is only creating 50% more chances. Vardy plays on the wing, and N'Doye plays up front. Despite playing for Hull N'Doye has had plenty of opportunities and attempts recently, more than Benteke, so I wouldn't be surprised if grabs a goal soon. I am however surprised that Vardy is being drafted into a few teams, but no one is even considering N'Doye.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Kris_fiso wrote:Here is my wildcard team
What do you think guys
Hi Kris, I think: what's Rose doing there? :P
You don't need him this GW
With Terry-Azpi-Moreno, you won't use him GW35 either
He''d come good GW37, and maybe GW36 over Moreno, (well, "good" with Spurs defence ...meh!)
but I figure you'd be preparing for the Arse Double in GW37, so it's "possible" you'd go for an Arse Defender and you wouldn't have him anyway...
(of course you might prefer to go Giroud+2mids so you'd not have an Arse spot free...)

As you can sell Rose for 4.9, he's a waste in your team imho
you're on WC so you can get rid now for no hit, options:
  • if you plan for an Arse Def in your GW37 team, you can start preparing for it now going at once for Bellerin (or Monreal)
    he'd be on bench this GW, as it's Rose anyway -- but Arse run-in is much better that Spurs
    it could be a worthy move even regardless their DGW
  • if you can't use up an Arse spot in defence as you plan to fill all 3 upfront,
    then get money NOW at the cost of no hit, you'll sure find a way to use it in next GWs
    - you could go Yoshida at 4.1m, he's been started last 2 GW again, one as Clyne was rested, then as Alder was played in midfield -- can't say if this will gon on, how quick will Alder recover and whether he'll take back his spot in the backline
    - you could go Duff at 3.9m, Bur fixtures comparable with Spurs anyway but at 1.0m less
    - you could go with a Hull def, choose McShane 3.9m or Bruce 4.0m to your liking -- they'd cover GW36 fine as 3rd def with BUR(H), you can play Moreno GW37 if you still have him, and you'd even have a "doubler sub" for this GW :)
if you go for money instead of Arse, then you'll also have to decide whether to use it at once, or not

I know you have just brought Bolasie in, he didn't repay you, and has a good fixture now, so you're longing to give him a 2nd chance
but you could also consider upgrading him, although it's true there's not much on offer up to the 6.5m range:
  • Downing/Siggy/Manè/Fellaini/Chadli? none probably worth the swap
or you could consider the much CK-praised Cambiasso, who's also a doubler this GW, his projected points are even better than Bolasie (on FFFix, dont' know on FFS), it's your call, and he'd free another bit of cash -- true, after this GW you'd be left with Boyd AND Cambiasso, but I figure, you'd have already planned to begin bringing in and Arse midfielder next week (unless it was Giroud's week?) and you'd have plenty of budget to deal with that
Actually, if you prefer, you could keep Bolasie and do directly Boyd :arrow: Cambiasso, then you'll have the choice to play Bolasie or Cambiasso for the doubler

Or, as I said, you can just leave the Rose-earned money itb for future use
==============================

THAT SAID, as your FISO Divisionals sidegame manager, I see that your FPL button is NOT updated.
it links to some "Jossies Giants XI" team,
while the one you entered for the Divisionals (and that I used thruout all the sidegame so far!) is
"Clarkes Sparkes", which is better :) , and shows a RL name same as your fiso username

Valeron
FISOhead

Post by Valeron »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:N'Doye is 0.9m more, he's scored 3 in 9, as many as Vardy has in 27, Vardy has way more assist but is only creating 50% more chances. Vardy plays on the wing, and N'Doye plays up front. Despite playing for Hull N'Doye has had plenty of opportunities and attempts recently, more than Benteke, so I wouldn't be surprised if grabs a goal soon. I am however surprised that Vardy is being drafted into a few teams, but no one is even considering N'Doye.
Vardy probably hasn't played that many more minutes though, has he? He's looked sharp the last few games, is cheaper, plays for a better team, has better fixtures. He probably isn't quite as nailed on to start at Ndoye though.

I'm not totally down on Hull though. We know they're definitely motivated and the 2 DGW fixtures are not as bad as some are making out I feel. It's the fixtures after that which make the Leicester players clearly more attractive. I might take 1 Hull player in my team this weekend.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Vardy 1762 minutes
N'Doye 676 minutes

If Rémy and Sturridge are not fit, N'Doye is potentially the best DGW striker. :shock:

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

I think you have to look at a combination of things though not just the raw stats. You may not believe in form, but Leicester are a confident attacking team on the up and I think most managers would rather back that than Hull at this point.

helmethead
FISOhead

Post by helmethead »

I'm not sure I agree CK, looking at the stats, over the last 4 gameweeks (N'Doye has only played 3 matches), Vardy comes out on top for the following (key) per match stats:
Penalty area touches
Chances created
Shots in the box
Shots on target
Big chances
And only loses out on overall shots at goal. Looks pretty conclusive that Vardy is a statistically better bet to me!!

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

On top of that, another big difference is that you could reasonably stick with 442/352 and keep Vardy till the end of the season if you wanted - a pretty nailed on base price bench player with very very good fixtures is about the best you can get from a sub. On the other hand, you wouldn't want to have a 1m-over-base-price sub with awful fixtures for the rest of the season stinking up your squad, especially one at a price point that is just as inconvenient in terms of becoming an Arsenal player at a later date.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

I think if I were on wildcard, I would be tempted to get 9-10 doublers and Agüero, including N'Doye & Cambiasso, bench Kane, and do N'Doye :arrow: Giroud next week.

3 Liverpool
3 Chelsea
2-3 Leicester
1 Hull (N'Doye)

Unless Rémy & Sturridge are for for the weekend, I really think that N'Doye could be the only DGW striker worth getting! I'm hoping Rémy will surprise us though. :D

helmethead
FISOhead

Post by helmethead »

This looks like a good set up. I am probably going for something similar but with Vardy instead of N'Doye to allow me to carry Sanchez, otherwise I just don't have the cash.

BigBuster15
Wideboy

Post by BigBuster15 »

I'm on my WC and always intended to use it this week. The plan being to get Sturridge and Remy, however their respective injuries and potential to only play 1 game has ruined that for everyone. I think Mourinho will shut up shop and grind out the 1-0's until the title is won, so I am doubling up on the Chelsea defence (Terry & Azpi) with Hazard and adding 3 Liverpool (Moreno, Sterling & Coutinho) and 3 Leicester (Vardy, Schmeichel & Morgan), I am also bringing in PvA and Benteke this week and keeping Sanchez (too much cash invested in him) and Aguero. Which leaves with a squad as follows

Schmeichel/Davis
Terry/Azpi/Moreno/Morgan/PvA
Coutinho/Sterling/Hazard/Sanchez/Bolasie
Vardy/Ageuro/Benteke.

Ideally I'd like Cambiasso instead of Bolasie, but can't find a striker to fill the 3rd position if I have no Vardy. Having typed that down I might look at switching Morgan for someone else. (McShane?)

Over the next 3 weeks I'll replace Vardy, Coutinho & Sterling for Phillips, Giroud & Cazorka.

That's the plan anyway....

Thoughts?

BigBuster15
Wideboy

Post by BigBuster15 »

So it would be
Schmeichel/Davis
Terry/Azpi/Moreno/McShane/PvA
Coutinho/Sterling/Hazard/Sanchez/Cambiasso
Vardy/Ageuro/Benteke

Changing to the below in time for GW37

Schmeichel/Davis
Phillips/Sterling/Hazard/Sanchez/Cambiasso
Giroud/Ageuro/Benteke.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

BigBuster15 wrote:So it would be
Schmeichel/Davis
Terry/Azpi/Moreno/McShane/PvA
Coutinho/Sterling/Hazard/Sanchez/Cambiasso
Vardy/Ageuro/Benteke

Changing to the below in time for GW37

Schmeichel/Davis
Phillips/Sterling/Hazard/Sanchez/Cambiasso
Giroud/Ageuro/Benteke.
Just be ready to take hits. It would be a miracle if you can do those three planned transfers without any injuries, suspensions or other "unexpected" developments in your team.

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

There's quite a few people.going with a defence of Chelsea, Liverpool, Leicester and some like me have PVA tucked away on the bench for GW37.

In this case the last remaining defender slot needs to cover for GW36 when Skrtel is away at Chelsea and PVA away at Everton. One option is to move Skrtel to Koscielnly (Swansea H) that week and then only go with one Arsenal midfielder for the double. I don't really favour that option though and either way the fourth defensive slot needs filling. Who's the best of these options:

Bruce (BUR)
Raylor (WBA)
Vlaar (WHU)

Have I missed anyone there?

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Sammy the Crab wrote:There's quite a few people.going with a defence of Chelsea, Liverpool, Leicester and some like me have PVA tucked away on the bench for GW37.

In this case the last remaining defender slot needs to cover for GW36 when Skrtel is away at Chelsea and PVA away at Everton. One option is to move Skrtel to Koscielnly (Swansea H) that week and then only go with one Arsenal midfielder for the double. I don't really favour that option though and either way the fourth defensive slot needs filling. Who's the best of these options:

Bruce (BUR)
Raylor (WBA)
Vlaar (WHU)

Have I missed anyone there?
What is your remaining budget? Saints are away at Leicester that week, and still have a few decent fixtures left if you can stretch.. Unless Alderweireld is out for a period of time, than Yoshida is a nice budget friendly option, perhaps.

This fits my current defensive structure anyway, albeit not on a wildcard. (Terry, Moreno, Schlupp, Bertrand, PVA).

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

I wouldn't fancy a Saints defender that week in addition to my Leicester defenders.

The budget isn't set although if I want to take out Fabregas & Henderson for Sanchez & Ramsey I'd only have enough for Bruce. I imagine price rises may scupper that anyway and it also requires a downgrade of Ivanovic to Terry.

I could take out Sterling instead of Henderson though and keep Ivanovic which pushes my budget to 4.8.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Sammy the Crab wrote:I wouldn't fancy a Saints defender that week in addition to my Leicester defenders.

The budget isn't set although if I want to take out Fabregas & Henderson for Sanchez & Ramsey I'd only have enough for Bruce. I imagine price rises may scupper that anyway and it also requires a downgrade of Ivanovic to Terry.

I could take out Sterling instead of Henderson though and keep Ivanovic which pushes my budget to 4.8.
FWIW I think my plan will most likely be to bring in Koscielny for that week at the expense of Bertrand anyway (benching Moreno). Only downside to that is it blocks the second Arsenal midfielder, which could also be a good plan.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”