To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW34 (wildcard) Strategy

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
helmethead
FISOhead

Re: GW34 (wildcard) Strategy

Post by helmethead »

Cheers, food for thought Swansea and Southampton defensive form and fixtures do look appealing compared to my Sunderland semi block and Stoke vs Chelsea!

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

If Liverpool go out of the cup I will probably use my wildcard for GW33. Lot of blanks there and Chelsea playing Man United so I could be able to field a strong starting XI and bench Chelsea players excluding Hazard. It would also allow me to bring in Giroud for GW32 punt and for a minor advantage make 0.1-0.2m by transferring Aguero out for GW32 :lol:

If Liverpool go through, they probably have DGW37 which means I will use my wildcard in GW37. I think 3xLIV, 3xARS, Defoe and possibly Sunderland defenders is then way to go for DGW37 and GW38.

Liverpool play tomorrow so I won't use my 2FT before we have a result.

What are other wildcarders planning to do?

helmethead
FISOhead

Post by helmethead »

I don't think 33 is the right time, how will you get a good team for 33 and a full complement of doublers for the later weeks? It could be possible but would require a lot of planned transfers and anything could happen in the meantime. I avoided wildcarding last week, which I think saved me about 20 points thanks to clean sheets from Rose, Panti and PVA and Southampton and Swansea conceding (plus the 13 points from Sanchez who would definitely have left my team).

I am struggling to find a good time to wildcard, I am not completely happy with my team at the moment, but I think I will sit tight to GW34 at the earliest as a wildcard now could harm my team for the upcoming doubles. Hopefully there will be a few changes to the template that I can take advantage of.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

To be honest with the doubles and the blanks looking like they are, I'd suggest there isn't a universal good time to wildcard, you just have to find the best one based on the current composition of your team and plans for the rest of the season.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

helmethead wrote:I don't think 33 is the right time, how will you get a good team for 33 and a full complement of doublers for the later weeks? It could be possible but would require a lot of planned transfers and anything could happen in the meantime. I avoided wildcarding last week, which I think saved me about 20 points thanks to clean sheets from Rose, Panti and PVA and Southampton and Swansea conceding (plus the 13 points from Sanchez who would definitely have left my team).

I am struggling to find a good time to wildcard, I am not completely happy with my team at the moment, but I think I will sit tight to GW34 at the earliest as a wildcard now could harm my team for the upcoming doubles. Hopefully there will be a few changes to the template that I can take advantage of.
Surely you won't have many doublers in your GW33 team, because the doublers have blank in GW33. Except Chelsea, but I will have Chelsea players in my GW33 team regardless my wildcard plan.

If Liverpool go out of the cup, then DGW37 is easily arranged with free transfers. If Liverpool go through and have DGW37, then it is smart to save wildcard for DGW37. That is exactly what I said in my previous post.

helmethead
FISOhead

Post by helmethead »

Finisher1 wrote:
helmethead wrote:I don't think 33 is the right time, how will you get a good team for 33 and a full complement of doublers for the later weeks? It could be possible but would require a lot of planned transfers and anything could happen in the meantime. I avoided wildcarding last week, which I think saved me about 20 points thanks to clean sheets from Rose, Panti and PVA and Southampton and Swansea conceding (plus the 13 points from Sanchez who would definitely have left my team).

Surely you won't have many doublers in your GW33 team, because the doublers have blank in GW33. Except Chelsea, but I will have Chelsea players in my GW33 team regardless my wildcard plan.

If Liverpool go out of the cup, then DGW37 is easily arranged with free transfers. If Liverpool go through and have DGW37, then it is smart to save wildcard for DGW37. That is exactly what I said in my previous post.
I guess thinking about it, if Liverpool do not have a DGW, then it is only max 3 transfers to get 3 Arsenal players in and you may not want any Sunderland players at all, so actually 33 could be good to get a strong GW33 team (while most others will be fielding sub-optimal teams) and enough time to get in good doublers later.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

just out of curiosity,
of course there is the "possibility" that Liverpool get out of the Cup to Blackburn,
but how do you rate the real chance of it happening?
0.2% ?
1% ?
5% ?
20% ???

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

MoSe wrote:just out of curiosity,
of course there is the "possibility" that Liverpool get out of the Cup to Blackburn,
0.2% ?
1% ?
5% ?
20% ???
25%

The Dazzler
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 9th overall in FPL 2005/06, 50th 2010/11, 288th 2014/15

Post by The Dazzler »

Aldershot Rejects wrote:
MoSe wrote:just out of curiosity,
0.2% ?
1% ?
5% ?
20% ???
25%
70% chance of progressing, 30% chance of going out.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Betfair exchange currently has it between 74-75% implied probability of progressing.

Bobby Chopps
FISOhead

Post by Bobby Chopps »

I agree that there is no optimal time to use the wildcard, and that it is based on your own team/league.

For my personal circumstances I plan to use it in GW35 if Liverpool have a double in GW37, to set up a strong team for 4 weeks which will include 3x Liverpool & 3x Arsenal doublers. If Liverpool's double is as early as GW34 I may have to use it then. If they don't get one then I'll just use it on Arsenal & Sunderland Doublers.

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

I'm thinking GW35 too, not sure I see the point in waiting until 37.

Im hoping one of these two things happen though:

1. Liverpool get knocked out so I can use it straight away to fix my team.

2. Liverpool get a double arranged for GW34 at short notice.

Either way it looks to be a waste of a wildcard, I wish I'd have used it earlier in the season.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Very good point to use it in GW35. There really is no use waiting for DGW37.

It seems that we don't get a big advantage of late wildcard but I have still planned my wildcard perfectly because there never was a better time for me during this season.

edit. Well there is CHE (A) for Liverpool in GW36. That complicates plans a bit, maybe just play wildcard in DGW37.

Bobby Chopps
FISOhead

Post by Bobby Chopps »

Finisher1 wrote:Very good point to use it in GW35. There really is no use waiting for DGW37.

It seems that we don't get a big advantage of late wildcard but I have still planned my wildcard perfectly because there never was a better time for me during this season.

edit. Well there is CHE (A) for Liverpool in GW36. That complicates plans a bit, maybe just play wildcard in DGW37.
That doesn't worry me. You can easily put a Liverpool player or 2 on the bench. Or use your FT's. They don't have to all come in for GW 35, you just have to set it up with a plan.

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

Bobby Chopps wrote:
Finisher1 wrote:Very good point to use it in GW35. There really is no use waiting for DGW37.

That doesn't worry me. You can easily put a Liverpool player or 2 on the bench. Or use your FT's. They don't have to all come in for GW 35, you just have to set it up with a plan.
Exactly. You'd bench a Liverpool defender for a cheapie with a decent fixture and possibly even a cheaper midfielder like Henderson. You probably wouldn't want more than two Chelsea players either if they have the league sewn up, maybe just Hazard and Ivanovic/Terry.

Drew_Peacock
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Drew_Peacock »

DGW 34 for Liverpool and Hull :)

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Drew_Peacock wrote:DGW 34 for Liverpool and Hull :)
That is great news. I would expect non-wildcarders to take at least -8 points hits if they want to bring three Liverpool players for DGW. Or play with a really weak squad in GW33.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

Definitely good news for wildcarders - i was always of the opinion that the more teams having a dgw so soon after a blank was worse for non-wildcarders and was relieved with Arsenal's being 37.

I don't think it's too hard to get Chelsea and Liverpool players in but any injuries now will be really problematic and compromises with the gwk33 team look inevitable. I'm limiting hits and may not need any but with a double they can be worth it.

Calvin1979
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Ruined by real life responsibilities

Post by Calvin1979 »

Drew_Peacock wrote:DGW 34 for Liverpool and Hull :)

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Having a double game week was always going to be a benefit for them, however week 37 could have been just as good if not better. Now the two teams that have a blank before the double game week, have their double in different weeks. Chelsea's double is almost irrelevant, as they do not have a blank.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:Having a double game week was always going to be a benefit for them, however week 37 could have been just as good if not better. Now the two teams that have a blank before the double game week, have their double in different weeks. Chelsea's double is almost irrelevant, as they do not have a blank.
Nope.

Of course it would have been best for wildcarders if all the DGW's had been placed for GW34. That didn't happen, but it is still better that Liverpool-Hull is in GW34 rather than GW37. Much better.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Finisher1 wrote:Nope.
Excellent reasoning. ;)

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:Excellent reasoning. ;)
What's wrong with it?

The more DGW's we have just after blanks, the better for wildcarders. Hard to disagree on that.

Bobby Chopps
FISOhead

Post by Bobby Chopps »

Nice to finally know what the craic is!! GW34 is certainly good news for wildcarders with the blank in GW33. I'm looking at 8 (EIGHT) doublers in GW34 and 5 in GW37, without any transfer hits, barring a few injuries. I probably wouldn't bother with 8 if I didn't need to take a risk or 2 to catch up, but for wildcarders 3x Liverpool has to be a Shay (given). 3x Chelea should be a Shay for everyone of course, as they don't have the blank.

Has anyone drawn up any nice WC teams? The Costa situation makes it harder. If I knew he'd be out of both games I'd definitely pick Remy as my 3rd Chelsea player, but I might go for Fabregas unless we get some more definitive info.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

The contents of my post, before you just flatly said no. To explain further, if Arsenal and Liverpool had a DGW in the same week, it would be very difficult for us non wild carders to manage to reach a compliment of 5-6 Arsenal and Liverpool players in the same week, without jettisoning many of the better picks for other weeks far too early.

Having a DGW is of course a massive positive for wild carders, but I'm not sure week 34 is the most attractive time, when it could have been in week 37. It will depend on everyone's circumstances as to how it effects them exactly, but it's not quite so clearcut.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:The contents of my post, before you just flatly said no. To explain further, if Arsenal and Liverpool had a DGW in the same week, it would be very difficult for us non wild carders to manage to reach a compliment of 5-6 Arsenal and Liverpool players in the same week, without jettisoning many of the better picks for other weeks far too early.

Having a DGW is of course a massive positive for wild carders, but I'm not sure week 34 is the most attractive time, when it could have been in week 37. It will depend on everyone's circumstances as to how it effects them exactly, but it's not quite so clearcut.
Well, we all now need every single FT to set up a proper GW33 team. To have a DGW34 immediately after it, is a fantastic news for wildcarders. Much better than GW37.

Bobby Chopps
FISOhead

Post by Bobby Chopps »

For Wildcarders it is much better to have the double right after the blanks. It is even better that it was announced so late. I really struggle to see argument against this.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

If Costa were to suddenly be declared fit the day before Gw34 it would really make the wildcard powerful again. Don't think he'll be near ready by then though.

helmethead
FISOhead

Post by helmethead »

So having done a bit of planning I think GW34 is the best time to wildcard for my team. I will be getting 3 Liverpool players to go alongside 3 Chelsea and a DGW Goalie an Arsenal player and Sunderland defender (who will both sit on the bench that GW) and a few other players with good fixtures to the end of the year. The plan will be to bring in another 2 Arsenal and maybe another Sunderland for GW 37 although this does use up all the FTs between GW34 and GW37. Obviously this could all change over the next few weeks but at the moment this looks to be the best option for my team.

supersonic
Red & Blue Braces

Post by supersonic »

So many talking about fielding a strong GW 33 team....It looks like a low scoring week for all to me so please enlighten me as to what you consider a strong team for that week? I already have Silva/Aguero and Terry/Hazard and Kane. I dont see any major points haul contenders from any of the other games

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”